Prologue: Lost

Hide and Seek

a/n: annyeong yeorobun~ this is my first time posting here, sorry for the mistakes...i hope you enjoy ^u^

 

- - -

Sitting at the foot of the stairs a little boy was crying. His face hidden on his little hands as he sobbed by himself.

“Hey, don’t cry anymore, princess.” a boy about a year or two older than him said as the boy squat in front of him. “Are you lost?” he asked.

The crying boy lifted his tear-streaked face and looked at the smiling boy in front of him. The image of a puppy wagging its tail came into his mind. Those big brown orbs that the boy has were starring right through him. Sniffing and wiping the traces opf tears that crept on his baby cheeks earlier, the boy nodded and asked the other if he was lost too.

“Well yes...” he admitted, looking down on his black converse “But you see... I know umma will find me. No need to cry at all.” And he smiled again.

That was when the younger felt at ease and all his worries seemed to melt away as the warm hand of the older made contact with his face, trying to erase the last traces of tears.

“C’mon princess, let’s buy ice cream.”

The younger looked up at him and in a soft voice he mumbled, “But I’m a boy too.”

The older chuckled and offered a hand to him, “Doesn’t matter, ‘coz now I’m you prince...” the younger stood up with his help and dusted off his pants. “And you are actually pretty for a boy...” he added in a soft whisper.

“What did you say?” the younger asked.

“Nothing...” he lied, eyes growing a little rounder. “Uh, let’s go?”

They walked out the department store and headed for the ice cream stall. Being the older, he held the younger’s hand and the latter smiled. When they reached the stall the younger tugged at his “prince’s” hand to call his attention.

“Yes, princess?”

“I... don’t have money to buy ice cream.” He said as he looked down trying to hide a blush.

The older chuckled lightly and said “Don’t worry, my treat.”

They bought ice cream cones and ate it together. Then the older had ice cream on his nose. Being neat and tidy, the younger pulled out his handkerchief and wiped the ice cream off his nose which caused them to laugh together.

They played in the arcade; they seemed to forget that they were lost. Then they found a photo booth. They entered and smiled at their hearts content; teeth showing, eyes crinkling into half moons. When the pictures came out, they laughed at their previuous expressions.

Two little boys smiling, heads touching, the older had one hand drapped ove the younger’s shoulder binding them together, the younger had the “V” sign on one hand and the other on the other’s shoulder, closing the remaining distance.

They felt exhausted so they sat back on the stairs where they first met. That was when they remembered that they were lost.

“You think umma will find me?” the younger asked, eyes getting all teary again.

“’course she will.” The other assured. “Oh! Before I forget...” and he got the pictures from earlier. He gave one to the younger. “Keep that, arraseo?”

“Ne~! But why should I do that?”

“Uh... maybe you can show that to me when we meet again. So that I would know that it’s you.”

“Araseo~”

Then they hugged each other and

“Kibum-ah! It’s time to wake up. You’ll be late for school.” His umma called.

 

a/n: please excuse my mistakes /bows. i'll update after a week...or maybe on the week ends. i hope you like this ^u^

♥miiin

image by: MissMalin @deviantart