Part 1: Morning Call

Hide and Seek

 

- - -

Part 1: Morning Call

- - -
 

Kibum opened his eyes and was greeted by the warm light that peeked through the plain curtains in his room.

“That dream again.” He said to himself while propping his elbows so he can sit up on his bed. He ran a hand through his hair and his eyes fell on the picture frame that was standing alone on his nightstand. A smile crept on his lips as he picked it up so he can look at it more closely.

“Good morning, my Prince. Had a good night’s sleep?” his smile grew even wider. This had been on his morning rituals since that day — that day when he was lost in one of Seoul’s big malls, crying and alone. He glanced at the clock and gave another smile at the picture of two little boys smiling at him. “See you soon?” he added. And with that he walked into his bathroom to be ready for school.

After all the morning rituals and his favorite breakfast, he went out to walk to school. It was not a long walk anyways; their school was conveniently a few blocks away and walking to get there is an exercise for Kibum. As he was walking, the thought of the ‘dream’ came to his mind again. Well actually it is not just a dream. It really happened when he was four or five years old. They had a family trip to the mall, his umma and appa and himself. He was an only child that was why he doesn’t have that much friend by that time. His parents were way overprotective on him that all he could do was play in their house, if not with his nanny, then with his pet Coco. But Kibum grew perfectly well, he was quite advanced among the children his age and he had some talent in him.

It was not his fault that he got lost you know. They were walking through a crowd and he saw a pink Polaroid Camera in one of those windows. He called his umma’s attention and even tugged her hand for her to follow. He looked through the glass separating him and his new piece of interest. And that was when he realized that he was alone. He went inside the store hoping that his parents would take the initiative to go in there and buy whatever he wanted. But there was no sign of his parents there. So he went out again only to be welcomed by a crowd going here and there. He tried to walk to the direction where they were headed but it was no use. And he had to admit it, he was lost.

After a few more minutes of pointless walking around the mall, little Kibummie got tired and sat down on the foot of the stairs. His courage was long gone and he was feeling alone and lost —well he was really lost, but, whatever. Tears begun to well from his eyes and it started to wet his flushed cheeks. He cried and cried till he heard that angelic voice.

Kibum smiled at that memory. He also remembered that there would be times when he would purposefully sneak away from his parents and sit at the foot of the same stairs. But his Prince didn’t come. He heaved out an audible sigh and continued on his phase.

How would his Prince look like now? Will he remember Kibum if they meet again? These kinds of questions bug him whenever he would remember that dream, which was more of like every day. But then he would also remember that all he had was the laminated picture — yes he laminated it, and even had a few copies that he made himself so that he won’t lose it, the original picture was the one in the picture frame on his nightstand— and nothing more. He didn’t even know what his Prince’s name was. “Gosh! I won’t even know if he is the one standing in front of me.” He mumbled to himself.

It was subconscious that brought him to the sliding doors of their classroom. It was too normal that he did not have to pay the slightest attention on walking into that place, smiling and nodding at those who greeted him on his way.

He opened the door and as if on cue, a toned arm slid over his shoulder with a combination of a sweet “Good Morning Babe.”

That was when Kibum’s autopilot state was shut off, Diva-Key on full blast. He looked at the guy beside him with those piercing feline-eyes. Any guy —or girl in some instances— in the right mind would have backed off by now, or they won’t even dare to touch Kibum that way. But this guy, he’s kind of not normal.

“Get off, Mr. Vocalist.” Kibum said simply, trying his best to keep it cool and not to ruin his day, “Good God! I was greeted good morning by my Prince in my dream, this jerk won’t ruin everything!”  Kibum thought. But the guy beside him didn’t move his hand away. Kibum bit his lower lip and turned to the vocalist again. “If you won’t take that arm off, I might as well cut your little dino vocalist to extinction!” he threatened.

That was when he was set free. The other guy’s arms held up high like someone surrendering. Kibum was about to walk to his place when the guy stood in front of him and blocked his way again. “C’mon Babe, you know you can have all of me...” he said opening his arms wide as if waiting for Kibum to jump to him and just tackle each other in an embrace.

Then he walked towards Kibum, his big chocolate brown orbs not leaving Kibum’s dark feline eyes. He leaned in closer to whisper directly on his ear.

“... But you should be mine first.” And the guy ended it with his signature smirk — a smirk that should be banned for it is much too sinfully y to have.

You want to play? Then let’s play!” Kibum said in his thoughts and a playful smirk made its way on his heart-shaped lips.

- - -

 

a/n: Who could this 'vocalist' be? oh, i won't tell >;] kekeke~ please bear with me for the next chapters ^u^

sorry for the errors here and there /bows.

s from miiin~ :))

PS: tell me if the font is small okay? i'm using a notebook so i don't really know if this font size is comfortable with you :) thanks~

image by: OverlookedSmiles @ deviantart