Part 12: When history feels like repeating itself

Hide and Seek

- - -

Part 12: When history feels like repeating itself

- - -

“Jonghyun?!” Kibum said as he stood up, shock written all over his pretty face.

The other just smiled at him, a little surprised too.

“Ki umma, Hyun oppa said you will come for me and now you are here!” Chunhee’s voice brought the two males out of their own world. She went to hug Kibum's legs as she finished her little story.

“Yes, Baby I’m here now. Don’t do that again okay, Ki umma was worried.” He lowered himself again so that he was looking straight on the little girl’s eyes.

“Ne umma. Mianhaeyo.” She said, frowning a little. Kibum cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead and whispered an “It’s okay, Baby.” He then stood up, held Chunhee’s hand and thanked Jonghyun. When the older male was about to leave, Chunhee let go of Kibum's hand and stopped Jonghyun from leaving.

“Ki umma~ can we eat ice cream with Hyun oppa?” she asked as she looked at Kibum.

“Why don’t you ask him?” and he looked at Jonghyun who knelt down to level with Chunhee.

“Oppa, will you eat ice cream with Chunhee and Ki umma?” she asked timidly as she played with the hem of her skirt.

Jonghyun pursed his lips into a thin line and pretend to think deeply, Kibum wanted to hit him on the head for making Chunhee wait. He spoiled that kid so Jonghyun had no rights. Really.

“Hmmm... if that’s what our little princess wants, then I will.” He said with a small bow before picking her up and carrying her which made her giggle.

“He said he will come, Ki umma~!” Chunhee said over Jonghyun’s shoulder.

Kibum just smiled, phone in one hand pressing numbers that he already know by heart. He let Jonghyun and Chunhee walk ahead of him so that Chunhee wouldn’t hear his phone conversation. He didn’t want her to feel guilty.

“She’s with me now... a friend found her... yeah... How’s mom?... tell her everything’s fine... take her home and let her sleep... okay. We’ll see you later, bye.”

“What happened?” Jonghyun asked once Kibum was walking beside them again.

“I called my dad and told them I got her. My mom was kindda worried.” He replied, shrugging a little.

They made their way back to the ice cream parlour and got their ice cream cones.  Chunhee got a strawberry cone while Jonghyun and Kibum got themselves some choco-peppermint ice cream. Then Kibum got ice cream on the corner of his lips.

“Bummie, you’ve got something... there.” Jonghyun said while pointing on Kibum's chocolate-stained lips. Kibum looked questioningly at him. “On the corner of your lips.” He clarified.

Kibum hurriedly wiped the chocolate with his finger, only to smear it further on his snow white cheek. Chunhee suppressed her giggles by covering with both hands while Jonghyun masked his chuckles with a cough. The two looked at each other Jonghyun signalled her to tell something to Kibum but she just shook her head ‘no’, hands still on her smiling lips. Jonghyun tried frowning at her to convince her again but she still declined. He was left with no choice but to tell it himself. He pulled out his handkerchief from his pocket and,

“There are still... some...here...” Jonghyun said as he leaned over the table to wipe the blotch himself. Kibum stilled under his touch. “There! All clean.”

“Thanks.” Kibum mumbled as he finished his ice cream. And when you asked for Chunhee’s opinion, she would say that her Ki umma’s cheeks were pink like her strawberry ice cream.

“Hyun oppa, can we play there?” Chunhee asked as she pointed at the arcade across them.

Jonghyun looked at her, then to Kibum and back at Chunhee. “Sure, if your Ki umma is okay with it.” he put a certain emphasis on the umma part just to see how the younger would react.

“Pretty please, Ki umma~”the little girl whined.

Kibum glared at Jonghyun before looking at the whining child beside him. He could never resist the wishes of the little girl, especially with that cute pout. So he agreed and they immediately went there.

“Kyaaaa~! SpongeBob*!!!” she squealed when they passed the toy-catching machine and pulled both boys towards it.

“You want one, little princess?” Jonghyun asked which was answered with a “Yes! Yes! Yes!” and a hyper active child jumping up and down.

He inserted a token in the slot and the mechanical arm came to life. Jonghyun directed it to a nearby SpongeBob and pressed the blinking “GRAB” button. The mechanical arm grabbed the stuffed toy but it slipped when it was being pulled up.

“Aish! Move over, I’ll get it.” Kibum said right after the mechanical arm dropped nothing into the hole. He did the same but it also slipped before reaching the hole. Chunhee was pouting near the side of the machine that said “Get Toy Here!” so Jonghyun inserted another token and grabbed a SpongeBob that was sitting upright. The robotic arm got a good grab on SpongeBob’s head and successfully brought it to the hole. Chunhee excitedly got the stuffed toy and hugged it dearly.

“Kamsahaeyo Hyun oppa~!” she said with a toothy grin.

“Anything for you.” He replied.

“What do you want to do next?” Kibum said suddenly. There was something bubbling in the pits of his stomach and he suddenly couldn’t listen on the conversation of the other two.

Are you jealous?  A voice in his head asked. What? Of course! Chunhee is my child and... and... that Jonghyun is taking her attention away from me! he tried to reason out. But the voice seemed to laugh at him and said Are you sure you are jealous because of that? Or is it because your Jjong has a new apple of the eye? The voice teased.

“Ki umma! I said you should try that~!!!” Chunhee’s voice cut through his mental conversation and his eyes were directed to the DDR at the other side of the arcade.

“Sorry I was just... you want me to try that?” and they walked towards it. Kibum took off his pink jacket and handed it to Chunhee before inserting a token and standing on the platform.

“Choose a song Chunhee-ah.” He said and the little girl obeyed right away. She scrolled through the list and Jonghyun was shocked when she selected ‘Genie’ which was a girl group’s song. Kibum smirked and winked when the music started.

The dance steps at the beginning were just pretty normal in Jonghyun’s point of view. But when the chorus part came, he couldn’t help but wonder how the other boy could dance better than most of the girl groups that they could see on T.V. Chunhee was beside him, cheering and fangirl-ing on her Ki umma like it was the most normal thing to do. And her fangirl-ing attracted people to watch and come over. Kibum didn’t fail them because he perfected the round. That gave him another round and a whole lot of tickets as prize.

Chunhee skipped towards the monitor again and selected the next song. Jonghyun almost grabbed the little girl for selecting another song that should have been illegal for Kibum to dance, in public that is; Kara’s Mister. He shouldn’t be surprised by Kibum's skills; he was in the dance group after all. But really! The way those hips move should be illegal! He tried to argue to no one but himself.

There were more audience around them and they were cheering Kibum on. He didn’t miss any beat and stepped on the correct arrows perfectly. He still won that round and the same happened, lots and lots of tickets and another round. He was sweating a little and he didn’t like that. But as for our dear fanboy-in-denial at the side, he found it extremely enticing.

“Chunhee-ah, I’ll stop after the next song okay? ‘Coz I’m getting sweaty.” He whined as he wiped sweat under his fringe.

She puffed her cheeks but agreed in the end. She approached the screen again and picked a song. Jonghyun on the other hand couldn’t decide on where he was more stunned, the fact that the next song was from a boy band or the thought that he was hoping for another girl group dance. Either way, he was not given a chance to decide because Ring Ding Dong played and Kibum started the dance routine. Jonghyun swore that he hadn’t seen that song be danced the way Kibum did it. And did he just his lips?*What the hell? WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!

The song ended with a loud cheering from the ‘audience’ and a blinking ‘PERFECT!!!’ from the screen. But when Kibum pressed the ‘END’ button, there were collective groans and murmurs from them, some were even chanting ‘MORE! MORE!’. The machine ejected more and more tickets until it run outfor more. Kibum sighed and grabbed the stack of tickets that lay there, and the crowd slowly walked away and went on with their life. He hopped off the DDR and was greeted with a still hyperactive Chunhee.

“Ki umma jjang! Daebak! Daebak!!!” she said as she jumped up and down in front of Kibum. Kibum just smiled at her and turned to Jonghyun who was pouting.

“What’s up dino boy?” he asked once he stood in front of Jonghyun.

“Psssh. Show off.” He murmured. And he was thankful that they were in an arcade and Kibum was not able to hear it.

“Let’s try that one next!!!” Chunhee called to the both of them pointing at a drum-like game. Kibum raised an eyebrow and Jonghyun’s pout turned into a smirk.

“Sure.” Jonghyun said as he sat on the chair in front of the machine.

“Do you even know how to play the drums?” Kibum asked as he crossed his arms on his chest.

“Give me some credit. I’m with the band.” He replied and he even twirled the drumstick on his fingers. Kibum just rolled his eyes and sighed.

After Jonghyun inserted a token, a song was randomly chosen and he started to play. And he was not kidding when he implied that he knew how to play the drums, in that game at least. He hit all the notes perfectly and well, Chunhee was fangirl-ing again. When the song ended, there were a few spectators behind him. He perfected the song thus getting much ticket as prize too. He selected the CONTINUE option and another song played.

He played perfectly again, and was not able to stop himself from singing with the rock song. And he just had to sing. Show off! Kibum thought as he looked at Chunhee who was praising Jonghyun. And of course, that beautiful voice attracted more people. What are we now, a talent show? Kibum scoffed.

“Chunhee-ah, this will be my last song okay? You should play on your own too, ne?” Jonghyun said before the start of the third song.

“But Hyun oppa’s voice is so good.” She whined. And Kibum wanted to second thatbut he decided against it.

Jonghyun just smiled and went on with the notes, hitting them perfectly. It soon ended and Chunhee was looking at him hopefully. But he selected the QUIT option to everyone’s dismay, yes including Kibum even if he didn’t want to admit. He got the new stack of tickets and knelt before a pouting Chunhee.

“I’ll sing for you next time. Go play there.” He said sincerely. And that made her smile and run to another game. But she just run back to them instantly, grabbing their hand and pulling them towards a photo booth.

“Just this one. Please please?” she begged, hands clasped together like she was praying.

The two boys sighed, they couldn’t refuse her. So in they went. They made funny faces for the first photo and ‘V’ signs for the second. Before the third photo, Jonghyun beckoned Chunhee to come over and he whispered something to her. She nodded and they hi-fived after. Kibum eyed them suspiciously but went on fixing his hair.

“Ki umma, can you kiss Chunhee here?” she asked as she poked her right cheek. He immediately agreed at that since they always took selcas together with that pose.

“C’mere now.” He called as the three of them settled for the last picture. The timer blinked. When it was just five seconds left, Kibum and Jonghyun both kissed either of Chunhee’s cheeks which made her giggle.

But that was not what the camera took. Because during the last one second and a half, Chunhee decided to duck suddenly making Kibum and Jonghyun slip and lean forward. They immediately moved away from each other, blush creeping on their cheeks.

“It’s out! It’s out!” Chunhee cheered as she jumped out from the photo booth, leaving the two alone in silence.

“I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to...” Jonghyun said turning away from Kibum. He felt a little guilty. Yep! Just a little, because he didn’t tell Chunhee to duck at the last second and a half. He just told her about the pose and nothing more.

“It’s okay... Chunhee could be too hyperactive at times...”Kibum replied as he stood upand walkedbeside Chunhee. She was so into the pictures to notice the awkwardness of the other two. Plus, she’s just a kid.

And as what she said, she went to play alone after that. The two teens watched her closely, afraid to lose her again.

“Let’s exchange your tickets now Baby. You’ve had so much already.” Kibum said when Chunhee came running back to them with another stash of tickets. She nodded and they went to the counter.

The girl who was assigned with the counting machine was a little surprised with the amount of tickets that was given to her. And when the final number came, she pointed to a teddy bear.

“You can have this little girl.” She said with a smile. Chunhee’s eyes sparkled and she immediately agreed.

- - -

a/n: sorry i was being a lazy and just posted now /hides behind Kibum.

so i hope you guys like this tho...and yep! SOME OF YOU GOT IT RIGHT~ IT'S JONGHYUNNIE BABY~~~hahaha~

thanks to all the subscriptions and comments :)) lots of love from miiin♥ ♥ ♥

photo by: No0nZ @deviantart