Part 2: The 'Game'

Hide and Seek

- - -

Part 2: The Game

 - - -

Kibum put his slender arms over the guy’s shoulders and leaned over to whisper his response. “Really now, Babe?” and he moved a little more closely to him. Kibum’s breath ghosted over the other guy’s neck, and Kibum’s voice tickled his ears which send shivers all over his body.

And it was no secret for Kibum. He knew everything would eventually happen... and it was part of his little game. He smirked secretly and leaned a little more on the other’s ear. “But I have conditions, Babe...”

The guy opened his mouth, attempting to say a coherent response, but nothing came. So he just closed it again. Then opened it again, and closed it right away.

Kibum on the other hand was doing his best not to burst out laughing and destroy his little game. It was really fun, but he had to finish this before more of their classmates come in. There were already five girls staring at them, mouth agape and ‘was that drool?! Yuck!’ and three other boys that as Kibum remembered were talking about something and were now gawking over them. “Oh my god... not my fault.” Kibum said in his thoughts. And he went back to his game.

“Hmmm?” was what the guy responded after a few more seconds. It was all he could manage without stuttering. Gosh that would be embarrassing, right?

With that Kibum knew that the he should really get over this and do what he should really be doing. With a light blow of air on the other man’s ear he started “Then...” and he felt him tense under his touch. Kibum absent mindedly let his right hand to reach the other’s hair— “Soft.” Kibum noted to himself. “SHUT THE FCUK UP! KIM JONGHYUN!!!” Kibum shouted directly on the said guy’s ear.

The other, known as Kim Jonghyun, was taken aback by the sudden loudness and Kibum took the chance to get away and sit peacefully on his desk. He placed his bag neatly on the side of his desk then he pulled out his iPhone from his pocket. He checked his schedule, and just like the past few days, it was full.

Kibum was still in the middle of figuring out how he can really do everything written on his organizer in just one day when he noticed that the empty desk in front of his was now occupied and the person was sitting backwards, in a way that the person is facing him and not the blackboard. Kibum glared at him and he just let out a soft chuckle.

“Relax, Babe... You know what? You’ll get wrinkles early if you keep on doing that.” Jonghyun said. Then he raised a hand and was about to trace an imaginary line on Kibum’s face when the latter swatted his had away. But Jonghyun was quicker to take it back.

“Mehrong~” the culprit said as he stuck his tongue out. Kibum pouted irritated.

Jonghyun rapidly pinched Kibum’s slightly puffed cheeks and said “Aegyo~!” then he ran away while laughing lightly.

This went on every day. It was like a daily routine for both of them to bicker with each other. There were times that Kibum would win. But there were days like this that he loses over Jonghyun. It was so close, that he could have won that round but—

Okay! I’m too busy to think about that!” Kibum thought and he sighed. It was just a few weeks —six to be exact— before their school’s foundation day. He had to prepare a lot of things because — first; he was one of the student council, second; he had dance practices from their school based organization and lastly, exams would be coming and he had to maintain his grades to stay on the Dean’s list. Although the last part was not really hard for him to do, the first is really time-consuming and he needs time to plan some activities. As for the second, well, he loves to dance so it won’t be a problem.

“Aaaw~ you’re too busy again!” Kibum jumped a little when he heard the voice dangerously close beside him. And there he was, Kim Jonghyun, sitting beside him with a cute pout on his lips. Wait, did he just said cute? Erase, erase!

“What the —?! And what is it to you, huh?” Kibum asked, raising his right eyebrow.

Jonghyun smiled innocently at him, a smile that reached his eyes. Then he answered “So I can schedule our date.”

Kibum’s eyes widened. “Seriously Jonghyun! Do you plan to pester me all day with that?!”

“What?! Hey, Babe… I’m serous you know!” Jonghyun answered defensively.

“And you think I’ll believe you?!” Kibum said as he rolled his eyes.

“Ouch! That hurts, Babe!” Jonghyun replied as he rubbed his left chest—where the heart was placed— and faked a hurt face. “Why won’t you just believe what I say?” he then asked.

Kibum scoffed. “Simple. ‘Coz you don’t look convincing.” Then Kibum turned to his organizer again. He put it in his bag and pulled out his Trigonometry book and pretended to study.

Jonghyun huffed and walked away, finally leaving Kibum alone.

When Kibum saw the other leave from the corner of his eyes, he let out a soft sigh and put down his book on the desk. He ran a hand through his brown locks and he remembered how soft Jonghyun’s was.

He stared at his right hand and rubbed his thumb on the other fingers, trying to remember the sensation. Now it was not a mystery to him. He always wondered how it would feel to touch Jonghyun’s hair. “It’s not like I have a over it or something!!! It’s just… I’m just curious!” he tried to reason out to himself.

Then the bell rang which signaled the start of their first period —homeroom. A lot of his classmates entered the classroom and a sat on their respective seats. A bush of dark brown hair sat on the seat in front of him and he felt a warm feeling rush inside him.

“Why are you staring, Babe? Need something?” Jonghyun asked, turning his body slightly to look at Kibum who was sitting behind him. His round puppy-eyes teasing and a smile playing on his plump lips.

“I’m not staring!” Kibum said, fighting the rosy-pink tint that was creeping on his snow-white skin.

“Really~?” Jonghyun turned around completely and leaned on Kibum’s table. He just loved to see the cute blush on Kibum’s cheeks and the cute pout on his heart-shaped lips.

“Hey, you two! If you plan on making out on my class, better go out and do it somewhere private like the CR!” their one of a kind teacher said as he tapped his class record on the table.”Aish! What’s wrong with you young people?” he asked to no one in particular.

“You mean you are old, susang-nim?” a girl sitting close to the teacher’s table blurted out. And this caused their whole class to laugh.

“MWOH?! Yah! Yah! Amber-ssi! You do you want to fail or something?” another roar of laughter erupted from their class and the previous issue was covered, to Kibum’s relief.

The day went on just like that. Just a while ago, the final bell rang which ended their last periods. Most students were eager to go home, or maybe somewhere else better, but Kibum still had to attend the student council’s meeting.

After fixing himself in the comfort room he headed straight to their assigned room. When he passed on one of the usually empty music room, he heard a sweet melody being played. Being the curious cat that he was, he took a few steps back to see who was playing the song.

There was a little crack on the door so he just pushed in a little to peek inside.

“Nice!!! Just great!!!”Kibum cursed under his breath when he was back outside the room. “Why on earth does that piano case need to be open on that angle?!” he fumed. He was not able to find out who the person was because the opened case of the piano covered the pianist’s face, but Kibum would not be Kibum if he would just let this pass.

He went into the room again, as quietly as he could. Just a little bit more and he will finally see the person…

“Oppa, what are y—“

Kibum slid out of the door hurriedly and pulled the girl who almost shouted his existence while doing an undercover mission, into the nearest corner for them to hide. The melody stopped abruptly and Kibum knew it meant danger.

He covered the girl’s mouth with one of his hands; his back leaned against the wall for dear life. He then heard light footsteps coming near. He closed his eyes and prayed to god to disappear…or melt…or maybe die on the spot just to escape the situation. His heart pounded on his chest and he thought it might just break free.

The footsteps came closer… and closer…. and closer.

“Hyung! What are you doing there?” a deep voice called from the other end of the corridor that they were in.

The footfalls stopped and Kibum held his breath. He bit the bottom of his lips so hard that the girl beside her thought he would bleed. She was really curious as to how his oppa was reacting to the whole situation as if he did something gravely wrong.

“Nothing…” the other guy mumbled which Kibum didn’t hear because of the frantic beating of his heart in his ribcage. What he heard was the closing of wooden doors.

He cracked open one eye to see if he was still alive or if he was still on one piece. A sigh of great relief escaped from his lips when he was convinced that the worst was over. He then placed one hand on his chest to help himself calm down.

“Uuumppphhhaa!!! Yuuuuppphhhooouu~!!!” the girl protested on his hand, as she held onto his wrist.

“Ah! Mianhae!” and he freed her lips. “But it’s your fault you know!”

“Wae?! And why did you said that?!” she retorted, her round eyes, growing bigger by the second.

“Because, you almost shouted to the whole world my existence while I’m on a secret mission!”

They were both practically shouting at each other in hushed voices as to avoid attention from the previous males that they heard earlier. She then narrowed her eyes on Kibum.

“And what was that secret mission may I ask?” she asked suspiciously, quoting the ‘secret mission’ with her fingers.

Kibum rolled his eyes but still decided to answer.

“I was just wondering on whoever that person was… you heard the song that he was playing right?” he said.

She looked at him confused.

“Aish! Never mind! Why are you here by the way, Sulli? Aren’t you supposed to be on the student council meeting?”

“Omo! The meeting!!! Let’s hurry! We’re late already!” and she dragged Kibum to their room assignment.

- - -

A/N:oooh! another mysterious character? haha~ who might this guy be? any wild guesses? kekeke~

please tell me what you think about this~  and thanks a lot again to those who read, comment and subscribe... although i don't reply to your comments, i read them, so keep them coming :D

btw...here is Baby Bling for you~


  

oooh~ i really miss him soooooo much~

Cr : AmieHazie
Shared by ; MYShawols

PS: from here on, this will be MY color, ne? :)) so you will know that it is me that is talking ^u^

image by: JeanneBeck@deviantart