Part 21: He loves me. He loves me not

Hide and Seek

 


- - -

Part  21: He loves me. He loves me not.  

- - -

Saying that it was awkward would be an understatement because it was way, way, waaay beyond that. Kibum stayed still on his position on Jonghyun’s lap. It was either because he was so embarrassed on his actions earlier on —because he kind of had a make out session with Jonghyun— or he just didn’t want to move away, enjoying the warmth radiating from Jonghyun and the candy-shop scent that he longed for unknowingly. Or maybe it was a combination of both? Whatever it was, Kibum stayed there; his forehead leaning on Jonghyun’s shoulder, his hands lay somewhat lifelessly on either of his sides and his heart pounded erratically in his chest because Jonghyun continued to pat him on the back in an unknown rhythm just like the way a mom put her baby to sleep.

Just when his heart started to calm down a little and his eyes felt heavy with every blink, a sudden ringtone and vibration made him jump off of the singer’s lap, hitting his head on the roof of the car in the process and almost going back to his prior position clutching the top of his head while groaning a little.

“Oh ! Babe I’m sorry!” Jonghyun said as he reached for the sore spot on the younger’s head. He massaged it lightly with his fingers as he pulled him closer again. “I’m really sorry, Babe... shhh...”he said while pulling his phone from his pocket and answering the incoming call with his other hand.

YAH! KIM JONGHYUN?! WHAT THE HAS GOTTEN IN YOUR DINO BRAIN TO DO A SCENE AND THEN SKIP CLASSES TODAY?! WHERE ARE YOU?! DON’T TELL ME YOU DID SOMETHING STUPID AGAIN?! YAH! ANSWER ME!!! SPEAK UP!”

Kibum was not the type of person to listen to other people’s talks but since he was too close and the caller was practically screaming from the other line he heard it loud and clear. And he was also able to recognize that voice even with the sting on his head. But it was also because of that that he couldn’t really think properly. Was his brain shaken with the impact? It’s not really hard but it definitely hurts. Whatever.

“Baby doll, chill okay? And don’t go umma on me. I’ll talk to you when I get home.” Jonghyun replied calmly.

Wait. What did he call her?

Don’t you ‘Baby doll’ me! At least tell me where the hell you are!

“Oh, you’re mistaken Baby... I’m actually in heaven. Just see you later okay?” he chuckled lightly before continuing. “Please don’t be mad. Saranghae~” he sang before hanging up.

Kibum pouted. Baby?! Saranghae?!!!! Urgh! He pulled away from Jonghyun’s touch and crossed to his seat again surprising Jonghyun.

“Sorry about that, Babe. Hey are you okay?” the vocalist asked reaching a hand to check on Kibum but the latter just turned away from his hand.

“Just drop me home.”

- - -

“Are you okay? What did he do to you? Did he hurt you?” Dongwoon said as he inspected Kibum’s face and body, turning the dancer around not too gently. “Tell me and I’ll give him what he’s been looking for.” He added as he clenched his fists.

“Aigoo, Dongwoon-ah. He didn’t do anything to me. I told you, I’m okay.” He replied as he pinched the other’s cheeks. “Let’s just go to school peacefully okay?” and he turned both their bodies towards the direction of the school and hooked his arm with Dongwoon’s.

When Kibum finally arrived home yesterday, his things were already in his room, thanks to Taemin. When he checked his phone, he was shocked with the number of unread text messages, missed calls and voice messages he got from Dongwoon and his other classmates who he assumed saw what happened in the lunchroom. But mostly it was from Dongwoon. So he immediately called the other and told him that he was still alive and breathing.

“Mr. Kim said it was all just a shoot for something.” Dongwoon said afterwards. “But I know it isn’t so I called you. But you won’t pick up.”

“Yah! Didn’t I left my bag at school? It was actually sitting beside yours at lunch!”

“How am I to know that your phone is in there too? It’s not like I’ll rummage in your things you know.”

“Can we just forget it?” Kibum asked then pouted cutely at Dongwoon. The other glared at him and sighed afterwards.

“Aish you’re always doing that!” Dongwoon grumbled. And Kibum knew he was forgiven.

“Doing what?” he asked innocently.

“That pouting and whining and baby stuff.” Dongwoon mumbled. Kibum smacked him on the arm which was rewarded with an “OUCH!” and a glare. He replied with a smug smile and mehronged Dongwoon before heading to the next flight of stairs.

When he entered their classroom, his classmates immediately crowded around him and questions were fired at him.

“Where will that scene yesterday be showed?”

“What was that shoot for?”

“Since when did you become an actor?”

“What did you do with Jonghyun outside?”

So, Dongwoon was not kidding when he said about the ‘shoot’. And this was all Mr. Kim’s fault, that

His thoughts turned into a mush of goo when he felt an arm circle his waist and pulled him closer. “Hey guys. Please don’t be like this, ne? Isn’t it too early for these things? Maybe later, okay?” Jonghyun said to their classmates as he stirred their bodies out the crowd and onto their seats. Some of their classmates glared at him and murmured under their breaths but the pair was still able to hear words like selfish, arrogant and  but some were understanding enough and just went on with their life.

“You okay?”

“Don’t touch me.” Kibum said as he freed himself from Jonghyun’s protective arm with a rather harsh action which caused Jonghyun to stumble backwards a little.

“I was just trying to help you. I thought we were okay?”

“I think I am old enough to help myself and your thoughts are wrong then.” He turned to his table and started arranging his things or maybe ignoring Jonghyun.

As the day went on, he completely ignored the other even with all those ridiculous things that he had done to get his attention. One of which almost put the both of them in detention.

- - -

“Ki umma,” Taemin called the other dancer’s attention as they warmed up for their dance practice. Kibum raised his head and looked at Taemin through the mirror. “It had been long since we had a day out together. Can we try out ice skating on Saturday?” he asked as he looked directly at Kibum.

“Oh that would be nice! Sure. Why not?” Kibum answered as he continued to loosen up his muscles.

“Great!” but their plans were cut off with a loud whistle from their choreographer. “Let’s talk more about it tomorrow okay?”

- - -

It was a rather windy Friday afternoon and Kibum was on his way to meet Dongwoon for them to walk home together. When he walked by one of the parking lots, he saw the familiar silver car and two figures walking towards it. His steps slowed down unconsciously and he was looking at the pair. Then another gust of wind blew and the girl stopped and faced the guy, holding onto his shoulders.

From where he was standing, he could just see the back of Jonghyun since he was taller than Hyunae. Kibum saw his hands rise and held her face still. It may sound childish but Kibum prayed that he wouldn’t have done what he did next. But then he did lean down closer to her. He would have left earlier. He shouldn’t even have looked at them in the first place. But it was just then that the feeling that he had legs and feet returned. And he was running, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

He ran and ran without a destination to go to until a hand pulled him by his shoulder and turned him around.

“Why are you running away Kibum?”

Kibum took a deep breath before answering. He knew that voice all too well and he didn’t want his voice to crack in front of him.

“I’m s-sorry... I... I...” he stuttered.

“Hey, what’s wrong, Kibummie? Look at me, please.”

He raised his head and met Dongwoon’s deep eyes. He bit his lower lip, trying to stop it from trembling. He couldn’t speak because he knew that he would burst in tears at the moment he opened his mouth. And he was pulled into a comforting hug.

“It’s okay, I’m here. You can cry.”

With that being said, a broken sob escaped Kibum’s lips and tears flowed from his eyes.

- - -

“You think umma will find me?” the younger asked, eyes getting all teary again.

“’course she will.” The other assured. “Oh! Before I forget...” and he got the pictures from earlier. He gave one to the younger. “Keep that, araseo?”

“Ne~! But why should I do that?”

“Uh... maybe you can show that to me when we meet again. So that I would know that it’s you.”

“Araseo~”

Then they hugged each other and the older of the two felt wet drops on his shoulder. He pulled away and looked at the younger who was in tears again.

“P-princess, why are you crying? Did I...did I hurt you?” he asked as he cupped the other’s cheeks which were being stained with tears once again. There was worry and guilt in his eyes from thinking that he hurt the fragile little boy in front of him.

“Aniyo...”he answered brokenly as the tears flowed freely from his eyes and he continued to sob almost uncontrollably.

“Then... why...?”

“What...what if I-I won’t be...seeing y-you again?”

The other chuckled as he wiped the tears from the younger’s cheeks which made him cry harder.

“Omo! Mianhae!!! I didn’t mean to... uuuuh... please don’t cry anymore, Princess.” He tried again but it was no use. “Umma said... if... If you cry you will be...” and he paused thinking if he should continue because the other might just cry even more and worst hate him.

“Be what?” the younger asked. He was still sobbing but he was really curious as to what the other would say.

And everything became all blurry, the colors all mashed up together and the sounds muffled in his ears. He knew he was still standing there with that boy he met before but he also knew that something changed.

Tears still flowed from his feline eyes down to his defined cheek bones, staining his flawless cheeks and...

Drip.

         Drip.

     Drip.

He didn’t really know why he was crying, but he was there feeling so lost and helpless and alone.

Then he felt a warm hand brush his fringe away from his face. He hiccupped as he tried to see the stranger’s face but everything was still a blurry haze. The hand trailed on the side of his face and when it reached his chin, his face was tilted up. He didn’t even know that he was bowing.

The hand left chin only to cup his cheek and he felt the stranger’s thumb wipe his tears. How he wanted to wiped those tears himself so he could see the face of this familiarstranger.But the tears just wouldn’t stop and he couldn’t move his hands either. He stood there, frozen like ice during winter but the hand on his cheek felt like the comforting sun of spring.

“If you cry... you’ll be ugly, Bummie. And don’t worry because I’m here now.”

- - -

a/n: hi again~! so, i'm really happy with your positive reactions in the last chapter and i'm really thankful to that :D i also had a lot of new subscribers! YAAAAAY~!  but, i'm really sorry for confusing some of you (maybe even many but did not comment) some things would be clear sooner or later, however, i could not give you much details about it. sorry.

i have an announcement tho. i might not update often again. i'll be back in my univ next week and it would be hell again. and yeah. i hope you can understand my situation... i'll try to update as much as i could with my busy schedule because your comments just make my day ♥

oh yeah, the title right? (it's the last thing that i do, all the time.lol) urgh. it's 1:40am here and i can't think straight anymore OTL

i'll talk to you next time :)

photo by:ellegothgirl @deviantart