Part 6: Rain, rain go away. Or not?

Hide and Seek

a/n: there are picture links here and there, just click the '*'. you know, just for fun :)) and as always, thanks to you, my lovely readers and subscribers ^^ enjoy everyone~ ♥

- - -

Part 6: Rain, rain go away. Or not?

- - -

He started to play Plants vs. Zombies with his iPhone when it was the third song since he sat on the last chair in the almost empty auditorium. His brown bangs were covering the upper portion of his face from the view of other people and he was glad it did.

The practice ended more or less  than half an hour ago but still, here he was sitting and fighting some zombies* dancing to Thriller while waiting for the little culprit who pulled him in this whole situation on the first place. Taemin insisted on waiting for the band to finish because there was something that he wanted to tell Minho.

“Lee Taemin… you just wait ‘til I get my hands on you!” Kibum said under his breath, cursing a little more when a zombie ate hisPlantern*.“Yeah right, one song...I should have known!” He mumbled after the current level ended.

It was after the thirteenth song when someone sat beside him. But actually, he did not immediately notice because there was a huge final wave coming and he just need to finish this level.NOW. The volume from his earphones were not loud enough to block everything out so he heard the faint creaking of the seat next to his. That was when he was aware of another life form beside him.

“So, you finally decided to go home?” Kibum asked his new companion after securing some walnuts* in place and changing some sunflowers* to Cabbage-pult* he should be able to win this now. Kibum didn’t remove his eyes off of the small screen, afraid that a Zombie would somehow magically appear in front of his doorstep and eat his brain.

There was no response so he assumed that maybe Taemin was watching him play. When the last zombie died —uh no…it’s dead already— was defeated, Kibum sighed and leaned back on his chair. He closed his eyes which were a little bit sore for staring too long on the little screen of his phone and he was tired after all.

“Tae, let’s ride the bus. My legs are tired from the practice, they will be killing me if we still walk home.” Kibum said, eyes still closed while waiting for a response.

“I’ll give you a ride home then.”

The voice made Kibum snap his eyes open and his body to shot back up an action that Kibum only saw in tv when a person woke up from a really horrible nightmare. He didn’t even believe that it was natural to do it.

“Why so surprised?”

Kibum bit his lower lip, racking his brain for a witty response, but there was none.  In the end he settled to “Why are you here?”

Jonghyun chuckled and he stood up, hands in the pockets of his gray hoodie. “Well, the practice ended and, we are going home?” he answered in a playful tone.

“I’m going home with Tae.” Kibum said as he stood up, moving away from Jonghyun. “Taemin! Let’s go home!” he called.

Taemin stood up from behind the drum set, he handed the drum sticks that he was holding to Minho, grabbed his bag and walked to Kibum, stopping half way and turning back to the stage again. “Hey, Minho, you’re done right? Let’s all go together .”

When they walked out the auditorium, it was more chilly and there were droplets of water from the sky. It was not really raining yet, more of a  drizzle. There were also occasional flashes of lightning and low grumbles of thunder form the sky which made Kibum flinch every now and then. Jinki and Jonghyun went of quickly to get their cars.

Just when Jinki stopped in front of the auditorium, Jonghyun right behind, the drizzle turned into a heavy downpour.

“I’ll drive you home Minho… You can come Taeminnie.” Jinki said as he opened the passenger’s door from his seat. Minho obeyed instantly calling to Taemin to hop in too.

“How about Kibum hyung?” Taemin asked.

“I’ll take him.” Jonghyun answered as he walked from his car sheltering himself from the cloudburst with a black umbrella.

Kibum was about to argue but…

“Okay! Take care hyung.” And with that, Taemin was in the back seat of Jinki’s blue Audi Q5* waving goodbye to the other two left.

“Shall we?” Jonghyun asked opening the door of his silver Porsche 911* for Kibum.

“Do I have choice?” Kibum asked more to himself and sighed. He was tired and it was raining hard, he even thought that it could be a storm or something. Plus, driving him home won’t mean anything, right?

He walked towards Jonghyun and let himself slip into the passenger’s seat without even having a contact with the other male or even sparing him a glance. Jonghyun grinned cheekily all that time and after closing the passenger’s door, he made his way to the driver’s side.  He tried to come in quickly as to keep himself from getting wet.

Then there was silence. There was just the soft purr of the engine, the splattering  of the rain on the car and the pair’s breathing. Jonghyun was drying himself at that time and all Kibum could do was look anywhere aside from the person beside him.

Just as Kibum was computing on how many minutes they would take on this trip, the scent of chocolates, almonds and mints cut through his thoughts and the next thing he knew, Jonghyun’s face was just a few millimeters away from his. Kibum gasped audibly and leaned deeper into the leather seat.

Jonghyun chuckled and the hand that was not leaning next to Kibum’s left thigh reached for the seat belt. After he buckled himself up, he turned to Kibum again and said, “Safety first?”

“Whatever.” Kibum said as he rolled his eyes. He then focused on the blurred scenery outside the windshield.

Jonghyun just smiled at him. He then changed the gears and they were off. Once out of the school’s main gates, Kibum pulled out his iPod, put on his earphones and chose shuffle. It was just a minute or so after the first song started when it ran out of batteries. Kibum closed his eyes and sighed in frustration.

When he opened his eyes, as if on cue, lightning flashed from the dark night sky illuminating it followed by grumbling thunder. Kibum’s hands flew to cover his ears as he shrieked, eyes closed tight. It startled Jonghyun . Good thing they were on a red light, or else they might be into bigger trouble.

After a moment of silence, Jonghyun burst out laughing earning him a death glare from Kibum.

“YAH!!! That’s not funny!” Kibum said as he smacked Jonghyun on the arm.

“OUCH! Hey! That seriously hurts, babe.” Jonghyun replied as he rubbed the sore spot. Even if he was wearing a jacket he could feel the imprint of Kibum’s hand stinging on his arm. Jonghyun pouted and looked at Kibum with his infamous puppy-eyes.

“What?!”

“Jonghyunnie has a boo-boo.” Then he stretched his arm in front of Kibum. “Kiss it to make it better.”

“In your dreams.” And Kibum averted Jonghyun’s eyes. He crossed his arms on his chest and focused on the traffic light.

When it turned green, they moved forward, only to stop again. Kibum bit on his lower lip, how he wished to go home now.

“Looks like we’ll be in this traffic for quite a while.” Jonghyun said, breaking Kibum’s hopes for a cup of hot chocolate and warm covers.

Kibum groaned. He was tired and he wanted to sleep badly. Why did this rain have to pour so hard like this? Why did it have to be so traffic? Why did Taemin have to pull him into the auditorium to watch the band’s practice and wait ‘til they all go home? And lastly, why did he end up in this car and Kim Jonghyun driving him home, which was just a few blocks away? Then an imaginary light bulb lit up over Kibum’s head.

“I think I’ll just walk home.” He said as he started fixing his bag.

“But it’s raining pretty hard and you said you’re tired.” Jonghyun stated.

“True.” And Kibum sighed again. Kibum watched as the raindrops on the windshield were wiped repeatedly. He realized the he didn’t have an umbrella with him, be soaked in this downpour was not a good idea at all. With that, he leaned back on his seat. I guess I don’t have a choice... again.

Then he heard Jonghyun humming a tune. It was somehow familiar to Kibum but he didn’t know when and where he heard it before. The other continued on humming while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

Kibum felt his eyelids getting heavy with each passing second. But he can’t sleep here. Not in Jonghyun’s car, specially not when the owner was beside hi,

When the car moved forward again, Kibum’s head lolled forward and he was shoved back to wakefulness.

“Sorry.” Jonghyun said as he looked at Kibum.

Kibum tried to gain back his composure and fixed his hair.

“Go Back to sleep. “ Jonghyun said again.

“What? I am not sleeping.” Kibum said back, but a yawn betrayed him right away.

“Says who?” and there was a triumphant smile on Jonghyun’s lips. He hummed the same tune again, lulling Kibum back to dream land.

After thirty more minutes, they reached Kibum’s house. Jonghyun parked his car near the gate.

“Babe, we’re—“ he didn’t finish his sentence as his words died on his tongue and his voice vanished from his throat. Instead a sweet smile crept on his lips.

Kibum sat at the passenger seat beside him, deep in slumber, his head was leaning on the window, lids closed lightly and lips slightly parted.

Jonghyun unbuckled himself and reached over Kibum. He gently moved Kibum’s head on the headrest and reclined his seat. He then took off his jacket and draped it over Kibum’s sleeping figure. He moved stray hair stands off of Kibum’s face and he smiled again. He didn’t have the heart to wake a sleeping angel named Kim Kibum.


Jonghyun continued to smile at Kibum. How he wished that he could make time stop and capture this moment. Wait! Of course I can capture this moment. He then retrieved his phone from his bag. After changing some settings, he was able to take a picture of Kibum. He quickly saved it and made it his wallpaper. Just then, Kibum shifted, Jonghyun held his breath, but thankfully the younger did not wake up.

Kibum opened his eyes, it was dark. Then he felt something on him, it smelled familiar. When he sat up, the jacket slid down. He looked at his surroundings and remembered where he was. When he checked his phone, it displayed 1:20am. OH..

Kibum quickly removed his seat belt and he turned to Jonghyun. Kibum was not sure if he was sleeping because his eyes were half open. Kibum waved a hand in front of Jonghyun’s face but the other remained still, so he assumed that Jonghyun was asleep. Kibum chewed on his lower lip, he just can’t go out of Jonghyun’s car and leave him there, but he didn’t want to wake him up either.

Just as he was thinking on what to do, another idea slipped in his mind. Then, an playful grin made its way on his lips. He opened his phone and captured a picture of Jonghyun. Kibum covered his mouth with his free hand to stop himself from making any noise. He remembered that his Polaroid was in his bag. With another snap, he had a new photo.

The sudden flash of light woke Jonghyun up. Kibum hurriedly shove his camera back in his bag with the photo tucked in his notebook. Jonghyun stretched a little and faced Kibum.

“Had a good sleep?” He asked, voice hoarse  from sleeping.

“Mm, yeah.” Then Kibum pursed his lips. “Uhm. Thanks for the ride. I think I should go now.” He was glad that it was dark because he could feel the flush burning on his cheeks. He slung his bag over his shoulder.

“Sure, anything for you.”Jonghyun removed his seat belt, opened his  door and stepped out, taking out the umbrella with him. Kibum also opened his door and went out. The air was crisp and it was still raining lightly. Jonghyun jogged to his side and held the umbrella over both of them.

Jonghyun walked Kibum to the gate. The younger pressed the button and their maid answered it. “Ahjuma, its me.” Kibum said to the speaker. Then they waited for it to open.

“Good night.” He said.

“Yeah, good night.” Kibum replied as he played with the hem of his hoodie. Then they heard the click of the lock as the gate was opened already. “I’m going in.”

“Wait.”

“What?” Kibum turned around to face him.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?”

Kibum just raised an eyebrow as he looked questioningly on Jonghyun.

“Good night kiss.” He replied with a smile.

“WHAT?!” Kibum shouted, not caring if it would wake the whole area.

“Just one. Please?” and there it was again, that irresistible puppy-eyes. “I drove you home, plus I let you sleep in my car. And I didn’t wake you up. And I even walk you here.”

“Are you black-mailing me?”

“Just on the cheek.” Jonghyun said, completely ignoring Kibum’s question. He turned his face slightly so that his cheeks were facing Kibum.

Kibum glared at him. “You won’t let me go inside if I didn’t do that, would you?”

“You know me too well Babe.”

Kibum stepped closer and leaned in to grant the wish. It was just on the cheeks, friendly thanks, that’s all. And at the last moment, Jonghyun turned his head and instead of his cheek, Kibum’s lips met his.

The dancer’s eyes grew wider and he quickly pulled away. Jonghyun scurried away with that -eating grin of his.

“I HATE YOU KIM JONGHYUUUUUUUUUN!!!!”

The said boy chuckled to himself before shouting his reply. “I LOVE YOU TOO KIM KIBUM!!!” He placed his hand on his pouted lips and sent a flying kiss to Kibum’s direction before getting in his car and driving to his own home.

Kibum could just watch the car as it disappeared from the corner. Their maid went out and looked at Kibum with worry.

“What’s going on?” she asked.

“Nothing, ahjuma. Let’s go inside.”

Once inside, Kibum sat on the sofa and placed his bag beside him. He leaned back and closed his eyes. Then the image of what happened a while ago flash in his mind. He felt shivers on his spine and he sat up quickly.

“Do you want me to make you anything?” their maid asked.

“Hot choco, please.”

When he was left alone, he saw a gray hoodie lying beside his bag. He grabbed it and realized that he forgot to give it back to Jonghyun when he woke up. That was when their maid came back with a mug of hot chocolate in hand.

“Here.” She said as she put it down on the coffee table in front of Kibum. “Anything else?”

Kibum said his thanks and shook his head. The maid walked back to their quarters and Kibum was alone again. He sighed and decided to collect his things and go to his room.

He placed the mug on his night stand and his bag on his study table. He took off his own jacket and hanged it on the rack. He then sat on his bed, phone in hand ready to relax a bit before changing into pajamas. He opened the images folder and changed his current wallpaper to Jonghyun’s picture that he took earlier. Kibum chuckled to himself. What’s wrong with him this past few hours?

Well, whatever. He took the last sip on his mug and went to his bathroom to shower and brush his teeth. It was 2:25 am when he checked his clock. He went under his covers enjoying the warmth. He closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

- - -

a/n:kekeke~ i told you i'll update soon :D so, how was it? i'd really love to know what you guys are thinking of...you know, so i can improve my writing and stuff like that. and i know there are a lot of errors here and there, i won't really mind if you point those out. i'd be thankful if you did ^^

Have you noticed that I love sleepy!Kibum? Kekeke…he is just too adorable!!!

And oh! Jjong’s car was the one that he “drove” in the Lucifer MV! I love it so I need to put it here XDD

photo by: 8o-clock @deviantart