Part 17: A trip to the park

Hide and Seek

- - -

Part 17: A trip to the park

- - -

“I’m going out for a while ahjuma. If anyone looks for me, tell them I died already.” Kibum said as he put on his white Van's.

“Aigoo! Don’t say things like that!”

“I was just kidding. Bye ahjuma.” he zipped his blue jacket* and he was out of their house.

It was Saturday already; the day that he was waiting for the most. Yey.

“Now, where should I go?” he said to himself as he closed their gate. He plugged in his ear buds on and set the volume of his phone in maximum and he walked aimlessly from their house. A few turns here and another there he found himself in a park full of kids playing. He removed the earphones and enjoyed the cute laughter of the little ones which reminded him of Chunhee.

“Kibum!”

Said boy turned around and was greeted with a smiling boy.

“Hey, Dongwoon.”

“Fancy seeing you here.”Dongwoon said as he was pulling his bike beside him.

“Well, the sun’s nice today and…it doesn't hurt to walk around once in a while.” He replied rocking back and forth on his heels, hands laced behind him.

Dongwoon was his classmate last school year and they were close friends then. But when he was accelerated they were not able to meet and bond that often anymore. Even if their school is bigger than the average, they still come across each other's paths every now and then, but small smiles or soft 'Hi's would just be exchanged. They caught up with each other as they sat under a tree, laughing and fooling around with each other like they used to.

Kibum felt he’s not alone anymore.

“Hey, let’s ride my bike around the lake.” Dongwoon said afterwards as he stood up and brushed his pants.

Kibum looked at him quizzically. “How? There’s the two of us if you haven’t noticed.”

He was answered with a laugh. “One has to stand up I guess.”

“I don’t want to stand!” Kibum protested.

“Then you drive the bike.”

“But…” he hesitated, looking at the bike and then at the path that they would take around the manmade lake near the park.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know how to ride a bike?” Dongwoon asked in disbelief. During the time that they were classmates he was sure, like everyone else in their classroom, that Kibum, being the Almighty Diva that he was, could do anything. And riding a bike would surely be included there, right?

“Then I won’t.”

“Aigoo, Kibummie! You are so cute!” he cooed as he pinched the younger’s nose playfully.

“Yah! Son Dongwoon! Stop it!!!” and he slapped the other’s hand away.

“C’mon, let teacher Dongwoon teach you how to ride a bike.” The other didn’t wait for Kibum's reply before pulling him on the wrist and dragging him towards the trail.

 

“I swear, if you let go of me, I will kill you!” Kibum cursed as he pedalled feebly to sustain his balance.

“You’re doing right Kibum~ Keep going like that!” he heard Dongwoon call from somewhere far behind him.

With that, he turned to look behind him and saw Dongwoon waving him on at one second and running towards him on the next.

 

“This will sting a little okay?” Dongwoon warned before he dabbed a cotton ball with alcohol on the scratch on Kibum's left knee. He was sitting on a bench with his injured leg cradled on Dongwoon’s lap as the other male was kneeling in front of him.

“Aaaah~ ow ow ow!” Kibum whimpered and groaned at the contact and Dongwoon pulled his hand away immediately.

“Shhh… I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” he blew softly on the scratch, trying to soothe pain away.

“This is your fault, you— OUCH!”

“Maybe if you keep quiet it won’t hurt that much.” Dongwoon noted jokingly as he continued to blow lightly and dab on the scratch. After a silent minute or two, he placed the sanitized gauze pad over the graze and secured it with plaster. “There!” he placed the foot down gently and Kibum took a sharp intake of air.

“I guess you can’t walk with that and you won’t ride a bicycle any time soon… Hmmmm.” Dongwoon adjusted from his position, making his back face Kibum. “C’mon, I’ll piggyback you to your house.”

Kibum tried to seek for a way to turn the offer down but the idea of him limping all the way back with the constant stinging on his knees won over his senses and he reached forward to get a hold on the other’s shoulders.

“Hold tightly okay? I won’t be able to nurse more scratches if you fall.” Dongwoon said as he adjusted the younger boy on his back, his hands behind the other’s knees.

“How about your bike?” Kibum asked, wincing a little when Dongwoon started to walk.

“Don’t worry about that. My friend will get it in a while.”

They made their way to the Kim’s residence with Kibum telling Dongwoon the directions.  They were almost there when a silver car passed them and Dongwoon felt Kibum's hold on him tighten. And when the car stopped and the driver’s door opened, Kibum bowed his head.

“Just keep walking and don’t talk to anyone.” Kibum whispered. “Don’t ask.” He added right after.

So that’s what Dongwoon did. He heard the driver calling him to stop but he pretend that he didn’t.

“Turn to that corner.” Kibum instructed, his head still on the older’s shoulder. He walked some more and Kibum asked him to stop when they reached a back gate.

“You can put me down now.”

“This is your house?” Kibum slid of his back slowly, groaning a little when his left foot touch the ground.

“Yeah. Let’s go in.” he said as he punched in the code on the security lock and the gate clicked open. He carefully stepped in, Dongwoon following close behind, still supporting the younger.

“Then why did we use the back door to come in?” Dongwoon asked as they entered the house.

“Because there are y traps in the front gate and I won’t manage to dodge them with my condition now.” Kibum answered nonchalantly.

“What?! Really!?” the older stopped on his tracks, eyes larger than normal.

“Kidding.” Kibum chuckled as he waddled to the refrigerator. “Coffee, tea, or juice?”

“It’s up to you.”

“Kibum-ah when did you came in?” both males looked at the direction of the voice.

“I just came in, ahjuma. By the way, this is Dongwoon.”

The said boy stood up and bowed.

“Jonghyun-ssi was looking for you just now. Maybe I can still call him back?” she said as she walked towards the front door again.

“No, no!” he called back hurriedly. “I... we have a group work to do.” He lied. And Dongwoon looked at him questioningly which he answered with a just-say-yes look.

- - -

“Kibum!” he turned around and saw Dongwoon waving at him. He stopped and waited for the other to catch up on him.

“How’s your knee?”

“It’s okay now. But it still stings a little.” He replied, waving his hand a little.

“Did you put band aid on it?” they were already in the gates of the campus and there were more students around.

The younger shook his head no. Then he was pulled on a nearby bench. Dongwoon knelt in front of him and placed his leg on his lap like that day when he fell of the bike. His pants were pulled up above his scraped knee. It was almost heeled but every time it brushed on the fabric of his pants, it stung. Dongwoon rummaged through his pants pocket and took out a colorful band aid*.

“That would do the trick.” Dongwoon said as he smoothed the edges of the band aid.

“Thanks.” Kibum muttered as they both stood up and he fixed his pants. They walked together in the school building and since Kibum was in a higher level, they parted ways on Dongwoon’s floor with the promise of eating lunch together.

- - -

a/n: Sorry for taking too long to update again. Actually I should be studying now. Oh well. I hope you like this :)) Sooooo~! say hi to Dongwoonnie~ :DD i hope you don't mind him paying us a visit?

photo by: Osiris81@deviantart