Part 19: The Green Monster

Hide and Seek

- - -

Part 19: The Green Monster

- - -

It was almost a month since she transferred and a lot of things already happened within those days. Kibum came to know more about her through class interactions and he could say that she’s really nice. Yes, she was still very childish and playful most of the time, and somehow, their class—if not all, then most— tolerated that. Oh, the perks of being a maknae.

She became friends with most of them, including Kibum. Because he couldn’t really hate her even if the green monster in the back of his mind said so. She reminded Kibum so much of Taemin, very lively and sweet and active and cheerful. Maybe because they’re in the same age?

- - -

“Hi guys~” he greeted as he skipped to the lunch table where other four males and a girl sat, hands behind his back.

“Umma! You finally came back!!!” Taemin almost screamed as he stood up and hugged Kibum.

“What? I was never gone.” He said as he gave Taemin a one-arm hug. “Plus we see each other during dance practice.”

“But it was so long since you spent lunch with us.” The maknae whined, letting go of Kibum.

“Today is a special day so I decided to... you know...Happy Valentine’s?” and he revealed chocolate lollipops that he made himself. “For my Taem,” a seashell-shaped lollipop, “for you,” a flower-shaped one for Minho, “for you,” an ice cream-shaped chocolate for Jinki, “for you” a butterfly-shaped lollipop for Hyunae, then he rummaged in his bag but “... oh. There’s no more. Sorry Jonghyun hyung, I guess I ate the other one last night. Maybe next time. So uhm, I’ll be going now, Dongwoon is waiting for me. See you around guys~” he waved and turned his back on them approaching the guy who was sitting quietly on the table at the far corner of the cafeteria.

“Here! You can have my chocolate, Jonghyun.” Jinki immediately said as he placed the sweet in front of Jonghyun.

But it remained unnoticed as the singer’s eyes followed Kibum’s movements, not missing the heart-shaped chocolate that he pulled out from his messenger bag. He also saw how Kibum smiled at the other boy when he gave the said dessert and sat beside him.

“You can have mine, too.” Minho said as he slid his lollipop across the table which stopped when it bumped Jinki’s.

He didn’t miss the failed joke that the other boy said which made Kibum laugh. It was that laugh that made Kibum look like a retard —quoted from Mr. Kim Jonghyun himself, thank you. But it was the same laugh that he loved the most, because Kibum’s eyes would turn into slits as he slightly tilt his head backwards, a hand covering his mouth, then he would slap the shoulder —or any other part that was closest to his other hand— of whoever is beside him, lean on that person and let his hands slide down afterwards. But what he loved the most about that was the way the laughter would ring through his ears and could melt any worry within him.

“I’m giving this to you also, hyung.” Taemin said as he reluctantly placed his chocolate beside Minho’s. He loved whatever his Kibum umma makes and chocolate was one of the best. But seeing the rage in his hyung’s eyes, he could wait for the next Valentine’s Day chocolate from Kibum than to see what would happen when that rage is unleashed.

Hyunae saw it coming. And God! She could have acted faster than that.

“Ohmygodoppa! Don’t—!”

But Jonghyun had already thrown the broken chopsticks in his hand and was walking to the direction that Kibum had taken earlier on. The four of them stood up and were about to follow him if not for the hand that stopped them.

“What the Mister Kim?!” Minho blurted out, from surprise and panic.

“Boys, just let him be. It’s his issue anyways. He won’t hurt anyone.” The professor said in a calm voice.

“Didn’t you see how he—?”

“YAH!” they all turned their head to the source of the sudden shriek. It was from Kibum who was being dragged by Jonghyun through his wrist. Everyone paused on what they were doing and just stared at the commotion, all of them but Dongwoon who stood up and tried to stop him.

“Jonghyun-Sunbae—“

“ off.”

Kibum tried to pull his wrist out of Jonghyun’s grip. “Let me go!!! YAH! KIM JONGHY— YAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” he was lifted off the ground and his world was turned upside-down when Jonghyun swept him off his feet, quite literally. He begun hitting Jonghyun’s back and kicking his legs only to have the hold on the back of his knees tighten.

The cafeteria was filled with a rumble of murmurs and chatter when the pair was out of the glass doors. Then there was an earsplitting whistle that silenced all of them at once.

“CUT! Okay! Thank you for participating in the shoot, students. You may continue your lunch peacefully now. Sorry for the interruption.” Mr. Kim announced through a megaphone, a camcorder was on his other hand out of nowhere. Jinki, Minho, Taemin and Hyunae were gaping at him, because, ! What did he just say? “The four of you, in my office.”

- - -

“I swear to God, I’m gonna kill you if you don’t put me down!” Kibum threatened as he continued to trash and hit Jonghyun. He could see the blue sky and the white fluffy clouds, he was sure that they were outside already. Then he felt Jonghyun let go of his legs. He felt dizzy when he was seated upright on the hood of the silver car, Jonghyun’s arms on the either side of his legs, leaning rather closely to him.

“What the—”

“Can we just talk?”

“You didn’t have to do a scene just to talk to me! What on earth went into that brain of yours?!”

“But you were avoiding me!”

“I... I’m not!” and he looked away.

“See, you’re guilty! Why were you even doing that?”

“Well, I am not the one who goes out with people for one ing week and leave them hanging afterwards!” Kibum spat out, his voice almost cracking towards the end.

“W-what?” the other male was taken aback with the sudden outburst. He looked at Kibum with his mesmerizing round eyes which was filled with worry and wonder.

Kibum scoffed when he saw the questioning look that Jonghyun was sending him. “And just to make things clear to you, I am not one of your flavors of the week. So leave me alone!” he shouted again. Then he shoved the other so that he could slide off the hood and stand up.

He was about to walk away when Jonghyun pulled him by the wrist, making him stumble backwards into his welcoming arms. He held the younger into a back hug. Kibum fought a shiver down his spine when he felt Jonghyun’s breath on the exposed skin on his neck.

“Are you jealous?” Jonghyun asked, thought it was more of a statement. And even if Kibum couldn’t see his face, he knew that Jonghyun was smiling.

“If you would be so kind and let go of me. I have classes to attend.” Kibum said, totally ignoring the question. He squirmed in Jonghyun’s arms to be set free but that was when Jonghyun decided to scoop him up again and carry him to the car, bridal style.

“Nah. Let’s just go somewhere else.” He said as he winked at Kibum who was looking at him skeptically with his mouth slightly agape. Jonghyun chuckled at the sight, though he found it really cute. “I think I know where we’re going.” He said as he slid Kibum on the passenger’s seat, strapping the seatbelt before he closed the door and jog to the other side of the car.

- - -

“What the hell was that, Mr. Kim?!”

“Language. Aish this kid.” Said teacher rubbed his temples before sitting himself on the black swivel chair behind the small table. “Go take your seats. And no more cursing please.”

The four teenagers settled themselves in the available chairs and held their tongues waiting for the adviser to talk and clear things up for them.

“Okay. So, it was just plain luck that I was there when things happened. Let’s just say that I’ve witnessed the same outburst before and let’s just say that...yeah whatever. This will be our little secret okay?” he rumbled on. How was he a teacher again?

“How about Son Dongwoon? I think he has the rights to know about this stuff.” It was Jinki who spoke, logic back in his mind.

“Good point! Know I really know why you have a high reputation... But I’ll leave that part to you, kids.” He stood up from the chair and the young ones copied him. “I guess we are done here. Off you go.” And he pushed them out of his office even with the protests that they were giving.

 - - -

a/n: jajaaaang~! told you i'll update after october 13 :3 but sorry for the randomness of some parts...i don't really have a clear mind atm. this is also not beta-ed (i'm looking for one actually, PM me if you are interested).

so, it's almost 5am and i still don't have proper sleep since tuesday(?) oh well... i hope you enjoyed my teasing.lol. talk to you later ;)

photo by: IgnacioGodinez @deviantart