Chapter 48

If That's What You Want

Seven weeks later...

 

DONGHAE

 

The news of the Eunhyuk-IU break up came the main topic of the entire student body for the past month. When I was deemed well enough to walk on my own, I returned to school with Eunhyuk only to witness how everyone was watching my husband's every move, and hearing hushed talks when we walk pass by students in the hallways. It annoys me that they talk behind the person they idolize before this fiasco, giving him dirty looks and spreading untrue stories about him just because they are taking sides; and of course, the guy has to be made the bad person. To make matters worse, Ji Eun was missing in action for the past month. Of course, the talking became worse. But we dealt with it. Together.

 

Lunch breaks are spent either eating with out small circle of friends (well, my friends plus Hyukjae, since all his friends abandoned him after the break up. So much for friendship.) or spending alone time at the roof top with our food. Lessons that we share are spent with half paying attention to the teacher and playing thumb wrestling under the table, trying to stifle our chuckles to not get caught. And when we are inside the secure confines of our home, we do the routine we came to get accustomed to; either me cooking dinner or just ordering take out, doing studying for one and a half hours, then cuddling on the sofa as we watch a random movie we pick before we retreat to our room and sleep close to each other.

 

It feels domesticated. So natural to be doing such things with Hyukjae that I never want it to stop. 

 

Currently, we're both on our sofa, feet tangled up, half my body lying on top of him while he plays with the fingers on my hand that's resting on his chest, while his other arm was wrapped around my waist, his thumb gently caressing the skin on my hipbone. It's a lazy sunday and our homeworks are sprawled on the floor and the table, finished and forgotten as we spent the remaining of the day reveling with each other's warmth with silence.

 

Not until...

 

"I want to tell people about us."

 

Immediately, I looked up at my husband to find him studying the my hand which he was playing with, obviously trying to avoid my gaze. "What?"

 

"I said," he sighed shakily, voice turning a tad bit softer. "I want people to know we're together."

 

I studied Hyukjae's face for a minute, watching as he scruched his brow together in a frown before I lifted my head and rested my chin on his chest. "Why?"

 

"I don't want people thinking we're just cousins. Because I want to b able to hold your hand anytime I want, or to give you a good bye kiss when I walk you to your next class. I want to be a proper lover for you and I won;t be one if we keep hiding what we have. I want them to know that you belong to me. I'm not ashamed of you, Hae. So not and I want to be able to show you off to people because just being with you---I want to shout it to the entire world you know..." he ended, cheeks tinted with pink hue that got me biting my lip from grinning stupidly.

 

How is it even possible for me to fall even harder for this person. Really.

 

"Hyukkie," I uttered softly, "look at me, babe." And I chuckled as his eyes widened from the endearment and stared at me.

 

"What---"

 

"I love you," I cut him off. "And I don't care if people don't know about us. In fact, I want it to remain a secret---wait, let me explain," I playfully glared when he made a move to argue and he shuts his lips with a small pout as I continued, "As I was saying, I want us to remain a secret because one, you are the center of everyone's attention right now because of your break-up with Ji Eun and honestly, I want people to stop staring at you and whispering behind you because you're mine. Second reason, it's thrilling. This sweet secret between us. It excites me how much we hide what we have clearly and it amuses me how stupid people can be because we could be pretty obvious at most time, and it keeps me entertained. So...I don't care if we keep it a secret. For your sake and for my entertainment," I ended with a smirk.

 

"You're hanging around KiBum too much," he commented dryly but the sweet smile he has contrasts his words so I lifted my body with my elbow and grabbed the front of his shirt.

 

"Just shut up and kiss me."

 

*

 

"What is this?" I asked curiously, a white envelope on my hand as I looked at Hyukjae who's watching me intently.

 

"A gift."

 

"What for?"

 

"For being the top 1 student in our year...congratulations, mr. Valedictorian," he said, walking towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist loosely. "Open and see."

 

So I did, and then---

 

"A plane ticket?" I muttered, before adding with glee, "A week in Switzerland?! Really?!"

 

He chuckled, placing a soft kiss on the tip of my nose, "Yes. We leave the day after the graduation ceremony."

 

"Thanks, Hyukkie..."

 

"You're very welcome, babe."

 

*

 

The whispers got a bit extreme when we made our way inside the campus. The looks lingered longer. And everywhere we go, it feels like we're being watch. I stop the urge to grab Hyukjae's hand as we walk side by side, ignoring the unwanted attention only to see what caused the suddent havoc.

 

There, at the end of the hallway, stood Ji Eun. She looked---okay; still dressed the same way, energy surging right through, smile wide, but when her eyes landed on us, it immediately dropped and she turned to whisper something to her friend and disappeared.

 

And with that reaction from her, of course, the whispers turned into full-blown talking.

 

*

 

I guess it is both an advantage and a disadvantage being the top student. An advantage because it gives me more free time, since I am exempted from all the final exams with the grades I accumulated the past year, and a disadvantage because this give the professors liberty to send me to errands during class hours. Like what I am doing now.

 

A sigh left my lips as I opened the doors and headed out to tell the P.E. teacher that they will be having a meeting after lunch as instructed by my calculus professor, and unfortunately, the P.E. faculty room was located right next to the gym which was all the way to the field.

 

The gym could be seen, but voices made me halt from my walk as I got closer to the gymnasium. Gradually, I let my feet quietly lead me at the back of the said building, and then my heart started beating faster as I heard the voices again.

 

Hyukjae

 

"This is...you're lying," he hissed coldly. It's been so long snce I heard that tone from Hyukjae, and hearing it again makes me shiver run down my spine.

 

"How dare you accuse me of lying about this," came another angry reply.

 

Ji Eun.

 

"But there's no other explanation about this," Hyukjae countered. Right now, I was hiding behind the wall, keeping my presence unknown as I feel my heart beat go more faster.

 

"Listen to me, you jerk," Ji Eun said with bitterness and something---desperation? "This is not a lie. I loved you. Still love you. Anf yet you threw me away because you got seduced by him! And now that smething like this happen, you're not man enough to face this?!"

 

What? What does she mean?

 

"But we never even been together for so long! And now you're telling me that you're---"

 

"That night," Ji Eun cut him off. "At Tiffany's party. You ed me the night you broke up with me."

 

No.

 

That's not true.

 

Hyukjae won't...He will not...

 

He loves me.

 

"Someone spiked my drink," came a weak reply from Hyukjae.

 

He loves me.

 

This isn't...

 

"We're both victims here...but Hyukjae," Ji Eun spoke, voice turning into pleading tone.

 

I didn't even notice that my eyes are watering, hands balled into fists, and trying so hard to soften my sobs as I quietly and hurriedly walked away after hearing,

 

"I can't do this alone...not when I am pregnant with your child."

 

_________________________________________________

 

I apologize for the super duper late update! :)