Chapter 4

Hating Kwon Jiyong - By Ghikai

 

DARA POV

 

"Will you stop that?!" Ji Eun exclaimed, annoyed. We are currently standing in front of YG building, and I'm shaking like a leaf. I was elated with the results three weeks ago, but for some unexplainable reason, I feel myself getting overwhelmed by my nervousness. I can't help it, the building looks intimidating and scary...so it makes me wonder. If this building gives off unwelcoming vibes, how much then when it comes to meeting the people inside it, then? I closed my eyes for a moment, trying my best to calm down. They did accept me, so the rest should be a breeze. Or not. 

Ji Eun nudged me to move so we could enter the building. "Don't worry, Dara. I'm sure a hell that they won't eat you alive." 

I looked at her, bewildered. "I hope so too," but after a few seconds I felt myself crying again. "I wish I just tried in JYP. I've seen him on TV with his artists, and he looked funny and cool." 

Ji Eun's eyes got bigger. "What?! I can't believe this. Don't worry, I think YG is cool and all that. Trust me."

"How do you know?"

"Because," Ji Eun paused for a minute, thinking about possible reasons to say so she can convince me. "most of his artists actually stay in YG even after their contract ends." She looked at me confidently. "See? So that's saying something. So stop thinking about things now! Just get inside!"

I just looked at her. I don't want to get inside. Maybe we should just switch?

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!" My best friend is frustrated now. "YG's very chill, I've seen him on TV, ok? He's very relaxed, very behind-the-scenes man. Relax, ok? You'll be saying 'YG family, family!' in no time." 

"Ji Eun, maybe we should just go back." 

"Are you crazy? No! What, and let our plans go down the drain?" Ji Eun looked at me pleadingly. "Please, Dara. If we throw this away, we'll never have the chance to get GD down. Just think of the possibilities. By staying here, you can actually do something about your intense loathing for him. Kind of like doing something productive. Turning passion into art, whatever that means."

I looked again at the building. I have to agree with her, I---we did a lot of work just so I can enter. And now that we're here, might as well plunge into it.

Without further ado, I took my first few steps towards the building. As I near the place, I feel myself getting more and more confident. I took a deep breath. Welcome to the jungle.

---------------------------------

"Okay, so you just wait here for a moment," a staff member said to me while she ushered me inside a small office...or room, I'm not really sure. Almost twenty minutes have passed since Ji Eun and I entered the building. A woman in her mid-thirties was already waiting by the lobby. She pointedly said that I was the only one needed for the meeting, so Ji Eun can finally leave, thank you very much. Grumbling, Ji Eun immediately went outside, mouthing the words 'text me later' at my direction. I nodded.The staff member then motioned me to follow her. Sensing her urgency, I followed her quietly as she lead me into a hallway, where an office/room awaited me and the other trainees.

The room was kind of quiet, so I tried to look around before sitting down. Posters of 1tym and Se7en were posted on one side, covering almost half of the wall. By the window was an ordinary office table, empty as of the moment. I looked at the left side corner of the room. Big Bang posters were there, occupying the whole space. Awards and certificates were there as well, placed inside a simple glass case. I frowned as I caught sight of a huge GD standee on the far right side of the room. 'how ridiculous,' I thought bitterly. He gets his own standee and yet the others don't? Having nothing left to do, I finally sat down in the sofa situated near the table. Just as I was about to grab a magazine, the door swung open. It was the staff member again, bringing 2 girls along with her.

"You girls just wait here, I'll just fetch Mr. Kim. The meeting will proceed shortly. Stay put." And just like that, she was gone again.

I stood up and the three of us exchanged greetings.

"I'm Park Sandara," I started, giving them a shy smile. "nice to meet you guys."

The short-haired girl gave me a wan smile in return. "Hello. I'm Jiang Aera. Nice to meet you as well." She then gave me a wink. "And I guess, congratulations to us!" Both of us laughed and did some weird victory dance. I find myself relaxing a little bit. This Jiang Aera is one bubbly girl. I think I'd like her; Well, I already do...so!

The other one suddenly cleared , as if to get our attention. Aera and I looked at her immediately, our faces riddled with curiosity. The girl has very striking features; wide and expressive eyes, thin lips and a small but distinct nose. She has a very fair and clear skin, too. Even her hair looks amazing; it's jet-black and has soft curls at the end, framing her heart-shaped face. Aera and I looked at each other meaningfully. The other girl looked like an ulzzang -- a very pretty and haughty one at that. She seemed cold and intimidating.

"I'm Han Mina. 21 years old." She said curtly. "Glad to meet you two."

Aera and I found ourselves bowing to her in response. After her rather short introduction, the three of us sat down in the sofa, not saying a word or two to each other. I was sitting in the middle, with Aera on my left and Mina on my right. I looked at them both; Aera gave me another cheerful smile while Mina just kept looking straight ahead. 

I sighed quietly as I hear the gentle humming of the air condition in the background. The other might be my friend, the other one might be my foe. But whatever happens, I just hope that I'd be able to get through this alive...and victorious. That's what matters the most. I refuse to face Jiyong defeated.



 



Jiyong POV

"Don't leave yet," Hyewon noona said all of a sudden. All five of us stopped packing our things after hearing her words. Practice was over, but what's up? Surely YG isn't coming? He's in the states now doing some business stuff regarding se7en hyung's US career. But then again, maybe he's come back to check out on us?

"The new trainees are already here, they're just in the floor below you guys. Their meeting is almost over so you might as well meet them, too. You don't have anything scheduled for the rest of the day, anyway."

"Hear, hear!" TOP hyung responded, smirking. "So, are the rumors true? Are they all girls?"

Hyewon noona rolled her eyes. "Yes, Choi Seunghyun. But no, they're not here to be asked out by you."

All of us laughed as TOP hyung shut up and just sat down on the floor. We then waited quietly for the next 10 minutes. Finally, Manager Kim entered the practice room, the new trainees trailing behind him. The five of us almost craned our necks to take a look at those trainees. So it's true, then. All of them were girls.

We stood up, bowing formally to Manager Kim. He cleared his throat as he motioned the girls to stand beside him.

"Okay girls, I guess you know very well who they are," he started. "They're Big Bang. If you girls are such fan girls, then I wouldn't have to introduce them one by one." he finished, laughing softly at his remark.

Awkward silence. I notice one of the girls cringing, as if being a Big Bang fan was kind of disgusting.

"Alright then, maybe you can introduce yourselves to them," Manager Kim looked at the short-haired girl. "Ms. Jiang Aera?" 

"Eh?" The girl whispered in surprise, but she immediately moved forward and started to introduce herself.

"Annyeong-haseyo," the girl greeted us shyly, bowing ever so slightly. "My name is Jiang Aera. It's so nice to be a part of YG family." After introducing herself, her eyes met mine. She then gave me a small smile.

I smiled back. Hmm. She looks nice...definitely nice -- and gorgeous.

On to the next girl. She looked so quiet, but you can definitely see something different from the way she held herself. It's like she was really meant to be here.

"Annyeong-haseyo," She said quietly. "I'm Park Sandara. I'm very honored to meet you. I'll do my best while staying here."

She bowed to us, one by one. The moment we formally bowed to each other, I suddenly felt chills. I looked at her immediately. Our eyes met, and she smiled at me.

But it didn't reach her eyes.

After her turn, my eyes followed her as she returned to her place beside the other trainees. I shook my head involuntarily as I see her laughing quietly while sharing some jokes with the first girl who did the introductions. How can she return to normal like that? Is it just me, or did she just gave me an evil eye a while ago? I shivered.

"Hey," Taeyang whispered to me. "quit looking at her like that."

"What?"

"I said," Taeyang replied, trying to keep himself from laughing out loud. "quit looking at Park Sandara like a pre-pubescent boy who finally meets his crush."

"I am not!" I whispered back defensively. Taeyang closed his eyes, laughing softly. 

"You look stupid, man." he finished in between short breaths from laughing quietly.

I frowned for a short while as I averted my gaze to the third girl who was making her introductions. This one looked really pretty, but she's kind of cold and mean-looking. She may be talented, but I don't see myself actually talking to her on random occasions -- that's how intimidating she is.

The introductions were done in short span of 10 minutes. Before we knew it, the girls were already about to leave the room. By some unexplainable gravity making my eyes act weird, I find myself making eye contact again with Park Sandara. To make things stranger, it seemed like she's been looking back at me as well.

'More meetings to come,' she mouthed at me. 'watch out.' And then she and the other trainees disappeared by the door. Just like that.

I shook my head again, confused.

What kind of hell did the president break loose? One looks crazily-cheerful, the other cold and intimidating, and the last one -- Park Sandara, is a total weirdo. 
More meetings to come, she said. And for the rest of the day, the words she mouthed stayed running round and round in my mind.



 


Preview: Chapter 5
DARA POV

"For a star, you're nothing!" I said to Kwon Jiyong's jacket as it disappeared around the corner. "You're an insufferable brat, and I hate you; your guts, the way you move, everything. You're one overrated artist. If you're really an artist, that is."

"You what?"

I stopped breathing for a second. I know that voice behind me. But no, I just saw him walk around the corner. I just saw him walking away. With my heart beating wildly, I turned around.

Standing in all his overrated glory, it was the Kwon Jiyong who was really standing behind me. Omona, I'm busted. Goodbye, 'destroy kwon jiyong plans'. Might as well say goodbye to my short-lived trainee days, too.

"I, errr..." I tried my best to fumble for an excuse.

"You hate Seungri?" He managed to utter a coherent sentence first.

"Seungri?"

He frowned. "Yes, that's Seungri." 

"But that jacket...."

"Is mine. I was wearing it earlier but he borrowed it."

I stared at him, dumbfounded.

Jiyong narrowed his eyes. "Unless..." He walked closer, suddenly suspicious. "those heated words are for me?"

I gulped. You know what happened next?