A cute little monkey

He'll Always be my Protector

 

“Uhmm… Is this Ms. Park?” OMO, it’s a guy’s voice!! I started turning red and I’m tempting to end the call already. But, what if it’s some important matter? Aiish… Can’t hang up… So I answered his question.

 

“Ah.. I was talking to my dad! Hehe.. What can I do, Sir?”

 

“Cute lady, this is your Hyukjae oppa! I just wanna tell you that we’ve decided to make you our cover girl for next month’s issue.”

 

“OH.MY.GOSH.”

 

 By the way, Lee Hyukjae. Editor-in-chief of one of the school’s most popular magazines. I met him few years ago:

 

         I was walking on the hallway that time when he accidentally bumped me. That caused all of my books to fall so he helped me pick all of it. When everything’s already fixed, we stood up and I bowed 90 degrees then thanked him.

 

After thanking him, I told him my name then he told me his. When I was about to go, he suddenly hugged me and I heard glasses broke down.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry….”, said someone. Hyukjae let go of me and looked at the guy.

 

“Watch where you’re throwing your toys! You’re clumsy!!”, Hyukjae lost his temper and shouted at Heechul. We still didn’t know each other that time.

 

“WHAT?! I’m the one who’s being nice here! And then you’re gonna shout at me like that?! How dare you?!”, Heechul said, while pointing at Hyukjae oppa.

 

“YAH!!” Hyukjae was about to land his fist on Heechul’s face. I have to stop him or we’ll create such a scene there, “STOP IT NOW, YOU GUYS!!”

 

“Why are you even—“, he didn’t continue what he was saying when he looked at me. “Ahm…. I have to go.” He was about to run when the Principal came.

 

“Yah, yah, yah.. Kim-sshi! Don’t you dare walk away from the mess you made!”

 

“You heard that sneaky guy? You almost hit this cute lady with that baseball.”, Hyukjae told Heechul while pointing him.

 

“Thank you again oppa for saving me from that ball”, I said then smiled at him.

 

“Yah….. Jeulsoo-ah.. Don’t smile like that, it’s making my heart melt..”, Hyukjae said.

 

“So, now I know that a smile can melt a heart. Wow! YOU ARE SO DUMB!” Heechul said then rolled his eyes. What the heck is this guy’s problem?! He’s making me furious..

 

“Stop it now! Let’s go now oppa and leave that jerk!”, I looked at him angrily then he raised an eyebrow. I grabbed Hyukjae oppa’s hand and went away.

 

=============

 

“Ahm…. A-are you s-sure? What made you think that a-I’m a…”, I said, shivering.

 

“Stop shaking, cute lady! You’ll be a great cover girl! I’m sure about that!”, he kept on encouraging me.

 

“I can’t believe! Gomawo!!”, I started jumping up and down and I should have REMEMBERED THAT I WAS OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE. So I look like a loony there.

 

“Anytime, cute lady!’, he snickered then ended the call.