Me and Bummie's Coffee Shop

He'll Always be my Protector

 

 

Two weeks had passed, and tomorrow, we’re gonna start the business. And we’re needing at least two persons to help us in our shop.

 

[ 1st Day of work ]

 

“I want another brownie, please.”, Donghee was our first customer, as expected.

 

“Coming Sir!”, Sungmin joyfully responded.

 

“Yah, Shin. It’s your 30th brownie already..”, I told him.

 

“That’s still not enough for that fatass.”, Kibum said. That made me laugh.

 

      Then suddenly a lady went inside our small restaurant. Her face is new. I know I’ve never seen her before, not in school, neither from this place.

 

“Good Afternoon.”, she greeted then bowed 90 degrees. “I’m here to apply for a job.”

 

“Oh! That’s nice! Follow me and I’m gonna interview you.”, Kibum excitedly said.

 

“I’m gonna interview her.’, Heechul suddenly blurted out. We all looked at him but then he just raised an eyebrow.

 

“What’ your name again?”, I asked her. She looked at me then smiled.

 

“I’m Lee Soonkyu.”

 

“Yah! What kind of name is that?! I don’t like it. From now on, you’re gonna be uh… ‘Sunny’.. Yes! ‘Sunny’.” Heechul went near her then looked from her head to her toes.

 

“But I can’t just change my name.”

 

“And eww.. What kind of clothes are you wearing?! That kind of style is not allowed here. So change it as soon as possible for me to hire you.”

 

Oh my goodness Soonkyu may back out any time now.

 

“Excuse me, I believe I’m her boss. Not you!”, Kibum butted in. I don’t wanna watch them argue again because I might throw the cup of coffee I’m holding to those two. So I just went to the kitchen, where Sooyoung and Eunseul are preparing foods.

 

“Yah, tell me what’s Siwon’s favorite food.”, Sooyoung asked me the moment I stepped inside the kitchen. Is she having a crush on Siwon?

 

“I don’t know! Do you like him?”, I replied with another question.

 

“Yes, and she’s been  asking me some facts about Siwon.. Not just because we’re neighbors, doesn’t mean we’re that close Sooyoung.”, Eunseul said. I don’t know about Sooyoung, but I thought Hyukjae is the guy of her dreams?! But what’s up with her? So my bestfriend likes my boyfriend’s bestfriend. Is this a joke or what? Well, speaking of Hyukjae, he just arrived. So I rushed out of the kitchen to greet him.

 

“Oppa!!”

 

“Wow….. Your shop is cute…”, he complimented then went out his infamous gummy smile.

 

“This is ours..”, Kibum butted in again.

 

“So, what can we serve you?”, I asked while he sits down.

 

“Cute lady, I want a kiss.”, he joked. He has a collection of naughty punch lines, isn’t that obvious?!

 

“I’ll go to the kitchen now. Sunny is hired.”, I didn’t noticed that Heechul was behind me.

 

“Yah! I want your service. Give me your best coffee.”, Hyukjae pointed Heechul.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Just do whatever he says, Heechul.”, I faced him. But he just stared at me blankly.

 

“Fine..” He proceeded to his work. And then Sooyoung went out of the kitchen then waved ‘Hi’ at Hyukjae.

 

“Good afternoon, Sooyoungie..”, he smiled at her. I can see Sooyoung controlling herself from shrieking.

 

====================

 

[The next Day]

 

 

Another day… same situation. I was about to enter the school gate when a very familiar guy went in front of me.

 

“How are you now, baby?” Oh my goodness. Park Jungsoo’s here again.

 

“Leave me alone.”, I ignored him and continued walking .

 

“I just wanna say sorry!”

 

“WHAT?!” I turned around and looked at him.

 

“Will you….. forgive me?”

 

                   The beginning of my day is really weird. The school’s MOST POPULAR STUDENT is begging for my forgiveness? Can someone slap me please?

 

“Are you kidding me?!”, I exclaimed.

 

“I’ll meet you at your shop…I’m really hoping for your forgiveness”, he bowed then walked away. I was really frozen at that spot.

 

I gained consciousness because of Kibum.

 

“Good Morning!”, he greeted then smiled. I smiled back.

 

“CUTE LADY!!”