"My Emotional First Kiss"

He'll Always be my Protector

 

 

 

[Flashback: (1 year and 9 months ago)]

 

                We were almost 3 months together. My best guy bud Kang In was gonna propose to his girlfriend Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon that day. It was raining so hard when he left our house. I told him to text or call me if he already arrived on their meeting place. And it had been 4 hours now since he left. And the rain just got heavier and heavier so I became worried.

 

“I wonder what’s with Kang In oppa right now…’ I whispered to myself. So I called him, but there’s no answer. I called him again, but there’s no answer. I tried calling him again and again, but NO RESPONSE!! I rushed downstairs to follow Kang In. My dad noticed me. “Hey! It’s raining so hard! Where’ll you go?!”

 

“I have no time left Dad, this is important.” I rushed through the door and opened the gate. But when I was about to run to my car, I bumped into someone. I looked at the person and he hugged me. He grasp my body and I started wondering why is he doing this. He hugged me tighter while raindrops are on us. It’s like a scene from a movie. Then he led me back inside the house.

 

“Oh, Kim Heechul. Why are you here? It’s been raining really hard!”, my dad told him.

 

“Abbeonim, I have something to tell to your daughter.”, he said then looked at me. I don’t know but there’s something sad in his eyes. I never saw him like that before. That made me nervous. REALLY.

 

“Something serious? What is it? Tell me!” Oh darn, don’t tell me…. I think I know what is it but please I hope what I’m thinking is not true. I’m not ready to hear it. I can’t accept the fact that-----

 

“My dongsaeng just died in a car accident. Kang In is now dead. Jeulsoo-ah…I’m very very very very sorry …….. to tell you this.” He lowered his head.

 

“N-NO WAY! NO. PLEASE. TELL ME IT ISN’T TRUE! KANG IN OPPA CANNOT DIE! THIS! HE CAN’T JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! HE PROMISED ME THAT HE’LL NEVER LEAVE ME! HE TOLD ME THAT HE’LL ALWAYS BE BY MY SIDE! HE CAN’T……..KANG IN OPPA CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!!”, I shouted it with all the guts left in me, with tears flowing nonstop from my eyes. I rushed through the door and ran away. I don’t know where to go. I’ll just go where my feet will take me. I broke down at the park.

 

            As I opened my eyes, I was at my room already. He stood up and came up to me.

 

“Are you okay now?”, he asked, worrying. He placed his hand on my forehead to check my temperature. “Thank Goodness you did not catch a fever.”

 

I turned sideway,”Chullie….”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Who’s gonna be my protector now?”, I said then I started crying again. I really can’t help it at that time.

 

“I. was born …. To protect you. No one can lay even a finger on you or else that will se what is unseen!!” His fist started crumpling.

 

“Stop promising! Kang In oppa also promised me that he’ll always protect me but WHAT NOW?! I hate promises!” I cried more.

 

He sat on my bed and caressed my shoulder. “Come to oppa”

 

So I sat and went closer to him. He embraced me, cupped my jaw and looked into my eyes, “I Love You.”, he said and then he kissed me on the lips. That feeling when he my lower lip…. I feel very special. The room was filled with love, passion, and grief that night. He made me feel that he’s very serious with his feelings. And he, my Heechul, is the main reason why my heart is beating up to now.

 

[End of flashback]

 

“Yah! You’re not listening!”

 

“H-Huh?! What is it again?!” He raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes. “Uh! Never mind!” I chuckled and pinched his cheeks, “You are soooo cute!!!”

 

“Yah! Stop it! Shh! We’re inside the church!!”, he put my hands away.

 

“Oops..Hehe..Mian”

 

               After the mass, he drove me home. He asked me if I’ll eat lunch at his house. I said “NO”.

 

“I’ll be going to Sooyoung’s….We’ll party.”, I said, while looking at him, driving the car.

 

“Does she drink?”, he asked without looking at me.

 

“No. Why?”

 

“I was just asking”, he said then stepped at the brake.

 

 We went out his car but he didn’t go inside our house. He said he’s in a hurry.

 

“Why? Where are you going?”, I asked him.

 

“”We’ll have a ‘Boy’s Night Out’”

 

“Night out? B-but…It’s still noon! And………NIGHT OUT?! Skip strip clubs, I’m telling you Heechul.” I stared at him angrily.

 

“Of course! What do you think of your boyfriend? Always tempting to see a woman’s body?!”, he replied defensively.

 

“You sure?”, I looked at him in the eyes and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Of course! Don’t you trust me?”, he asked then did an aegyo. Then he went to is car.

 

“Fine. Bye. Take Care. I love you.”

 

“Bye…”, he said then drove off.

 

That boy sure lacks some ‘I love you’s on his mouth. I have to go now. Sooyoung must be really impatient waiting for me. I went to my car but before I could open the door, my phone rang. I guess it’s my bestfriend losing her patience now. So, I quickly answered the phone and blurted out,” CAN’T YOU WAIT?! I’LL BE THERE IN A FEW MINUTES!”