Chapter Two

Naughty Mouth

 

First Hint of the Unknown


Donghae inhaled deeply, trying to sort out his angry and frustrated feelings (and not immediately kill a certain someone), before he glanced at his co-worker from the corner of his eyes. If Donghae could hit Eunhyuk's head against the nearest wall, then maybe he would be able to see the world and this ing nightmare into a more clear way. At the front of the room, Mrs. Jung - or ing-Sunah- according to Donghae - was brightly explaining what she was expecting from the students and their final report.

Basically, they had to write a long essay with images, graphics, etc., throughout the year based on the subjects English and Economics, and then they had to orally summarize it during ten minutes in front of the class at the end of the year. It wasn't so hard actually, but the tougher part was to find an interesting question and then its problematic. Donghae was already thinking hard about it, scribbling any ideas he could think of, and thought maybe something on art and economy could be a good subject. If only he had someone he could ask advices at.

He glanced at Eunhyuk one more time and yet again, the redhead wasn't even paying attention at the teacher (But who does, Donghae thought bitterly). He was casually chatting with a girl at his right, a seductive smile on his face while the said girl was stupidly giggling at whatever that bloody jerk was saying.

 

It would be nice if instead of trying to cheat on your said 'girlfriend', you'd do something worth it for once in your ing wasted life.

 

"Eunhyuk-ssi." Donghae called him, hoping his voice would revealed how much annoyed he currently was.

 

But the other didn't even hear him though, still focused on his challenge of the day. Slightly embarrassed, Donghae sighed tiredly.

 

"E - Eunhyuk-ssi..." He tried again with a louder voice.

 

Will you ing listen to me?!

 

"Eunhyuk-ssi, could you pleas -" He said as he reached to touch the other's shoulder.

 

"What?!" Eunhyuk immediately snapped as he felt someone bugging him, and spun around to glare at Donghae.

 

The latter narrowed his eyes and glared at the redhead behind his glasses. "C - Can you pay attention please?" ing do it.

 

Eunhyuk didn't reply and only stared at him silently. Donghae almost thought maybe he was being too rude after all.

 

"Oh please, don't cry..." Eunhyuk spoke again and rolled his eyes before he was off talking with the girl again.

 

Donghae gaped at him, his face red with anger and embarrassment. I want to kill you, bastard.

He only grew more and more frustrated and could only take a deep breathe or else he knew he was meant to end up looking weak and whining. He decided to look around him so something would finally distract him away from the smooth voice of Eunhyuk until he noticed Kyuhyun two raws behind him, a smug smirk on his lips. He was comfortably sitting at his desk, arms folded on his chest as his longs legs were crossed in front of him. Next to him, Siwon was trying to gain his attention, standing ridiculously close to the other who was completely ignoring Mister Best Looking Man. Kyuhyun winked at Donghae and smirked. Having fun? He mouthed mutely and Donghae made a face before he replied Feel like dying. Kyuhyun chuckled and Siwon beamed at him because he thought the younger was finally taking cognizance of his presence.

No ing way. Donghae inwardly snorted.

 

As soon as class ended, Donghae stormed up of his desk and was almost immediately at the teacher's desk, a scowl on his face, while his glasses slightly fell off his nose.

 

"You have to change my co-worker." He bluntly said without foreword.

 

Mrs. Jung only sighed and rubbed her temples, perfectly knowing why the student was annoyed.

 

"You know I can't, people will think I like you better." She replied tiredly. Being a teacher wasn't always easy.

 

"But you do like me better, Sunah!" Donghae whined. "You told me last time we went drinking!"

 

The said Sunah glared at her student and 'shushed him, scared that someone would hear. Unfortunately, furthermore than being one of her best student, Lee Donghae was also her friend. She wasn't properly speaking ashamed of it, but that wasn't a reason to go shout it around the university, since they didn't begin this relationship on really good circumstances. In fact, Kyuhyun, Donghae and Jung Sunah have been friends since last year, after a random and really unlucky encounter in a bar where the young teacher had been mourning over her ex-boyfriend until the two students had noticed her. She had try to explain herself, of course, but the bottle of wine she had drunk wasn't really helping anyway. At first, Donghae had been still acting the same in front of the woman ; shy but actually not so shy, until he had gulped down two or three glasses of vodka and then he had miraculously began to express his real mind to the people who were ready to listen to him, leaving the English teacher flabbergasted. He could easily understand her state of shock, after all Donghae always looked shy and discreet and then suddenly he was talking with so much confidence. It seemed like his body and his mind didn't work together.

But back to square one, Donghae was continuously arguing with Sunah so she would do him the favor of changing co-workers instead of this jerk. He really couldn't stand this type of lazy and arrogant who thought the whole world had to resolve around him when truth was it clearly didn't. Moreover, the fact that Donghae wasn't able to finally give a piece of his mind to the other wasn't really helping his case and his interior peace wasn't doing so well anymore. Looks like I'll need to meet the shrink again...

Donghae didn't like to judge people thoughtlessly but Eunhyuk seemed easy to read and it was absolutely undeniable for him that the redhead was going to bring him a lot of throbbing headaches in the future.

Then, Kyuhyun lazily reached the two of them with a yawn, his hands shoved in his pockets. Sunah glanced at him almost desperately, Donghae was really good at bargaining.

 

"Don't tell me you want to change partner too...?" She almost begged.

 

"Actually I'd like too, Siwon doesn't do anything else than flirting."

 

"But guys, try to look at this positively ; they're smart, aren't they. And you'll have a great candy eye, seriously."

 

"It's not the point, Sunah!" Donghae frowned. "I don't want candy eye or whatever, I want a good grade!"

 

"Good point." Kyuhyun added.

 

"You're being picky, Donghae."

 

"And you're being stubborn when I'm sure you can help us."

 

"Look, isn't it a good opportunity to create new relationships? And maybe you can be good friends, who knows?"

 

Kyuhyun and Donghae raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to wake up from her daydreaming. She tried to look back for a few seconds until she snapped.

 

"I won't change anything!" She finally exclaimed. "If you guys aren't happy, then go off and leave me alone!"

 

"Wow, looks like someone needs to get laid..." Donghae snorted.

 

"No, I don't." Sunah blushed furiously under her two students' stare.

 

"Oh please, your body is practically screaming for it." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

 

Donghae noticed how Sunah's face reddened even more and how she looked around her to make sure nobody was listening.

 

"Look it's not because we did it once -"

 

"Twice, you guys did it twice." Donghae corrected with a small laugh and Kyuhyun and him high-fived.

 

"Fine, twice." Sunah hissed. "But I'd like it if you just forgot everything about it, please."

 

"Can't do anything if I'm the best of your life, teach." Kyuhyun shrugged before Donghae and him left the classroom laughing, leaving behind a scarlet red Sunah.

 

Donghae was still laughing when they reached their next classroom, remembering how manipulating Kyuhyun could be when he wanted to. This little conversation helped him to relax a bit, and he almost forgot why he was mad until he saw the source of his concerns at the other end of the hall. His laughter suddenly got caught in his throat when he noticed the blinding red of the other's hair.

During all the next period, Donghae couldn't get Eunhyuk out of his head, his face seemed to always come back in his mind every time he tried to focus on the blackboard or whatever the teacher was talking about. He was nervously tapping his foot on the floor, worrying about how the year project will progress since his co-worker didn't seem like he wanted to give any help to Donghae. He wanted really bad to maintain his straight A's grade report until the end of his schooling but the other didn't seem to agree with him. He didn't know how Eunhyuk managed to do that, but he was now the only thing running into Donghae's mind. And the latter didn't like it at all, he always did his best to avoid this kind of people and now he was stuck with it.

Kyuhyun was almost sleeping next to him, not bothering taking notes or whatsoever since he was practically a Mathematics genius. Donghae stared at him silently, almost jealous of his situation ; the younger was stuck with Siwon and yes, the latter was constantly trying to ask Kyuhyun out but the younger was really evil ; Donghae was sure if he wanted it, then he could control Siwon like a puppet so he would do all the work. All Kyuhyun had to do was to ask and Siwon would surely do anything  just to hear a single word of recognizance from Kyuhyun. Honestly, Donghae didn't really know why the rich student was so into the younger. Kyuhyun was somehow the opposite of Donghae, even if it was against his will, but he always made clear he didn't want to be categorized as a 'popular' and that he was fine being friends with Donghae (who was quite happy to hear it), and his poisonous tongue never failed to throw nasty remarks to Siwon and Eunhyuk.But Donghae had already realized the discreet glances Siwon always threw at Kyuhyun for a long time but apparently, the body of Kyuhyun in a bath suit was the trigger which decided him to suddenly woo Kyuhyun.

Suddenly, an idea popped up into Donghae's mind as he excitedly straightened up.

 

"Yah, Kyuhyun-ah!" He called.

 

"Hmm...? What, I'm sleeping, Donghae!" The other grumbled.

 

"Shut up and listen to me, you have to help me."

 

"Why should I?" Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at him.

 

"Isn't Siwon hitting on you all the time?"

 

"No , Sherlock."

 

"Shut up!" Donghae hissed again. "Look, can't you ask him to help me a bit?"

 

"Let me guess ; it's about Eunhyuk."

 

"Bingo."

 

"So what?"

 

"You can ask Siwon to ask Eunhyuk to do his freaking part of the job for the report. Seriously, he's really a ing lazybum and nothing else than that."

 

"He's also y, if you want to know my opinion." Kyuhyun shrugged and Donghae glared at him. "What, you can't deny that."

 

"Whatever, maybe he is, but will you do it?"

 

"I don't see what I have in exchange?"

 

"I'll buy you the next Starblast game."

 

"Starcraft! It's Starcraft, !"

 

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk was beyond pissed off as he stomped out of the cafeteria, Siwon close behind as he continued to beg his friend. Eunhyuk tried his best to ignore him, walking faster but unfortunately, Siwon had long legs so it wasn't hard for him to reach the shorter almost immediately. Eunhyuk shoved his hands in his pockets, his face showing a frown as his red hair were falling in front of his brown eyes. People glanced at him discreetly with awe when he walked past them, and he almost smirked at that until Siwon began to babble again about how much he needed his help. Apparently, the guy who Siwon liked - Kyuchong or Kyuhyuk or whatever - accepted a date if Eunhyuk was willing to help his nerd of a co-worker for the English year project. He didn't even know his name and trustfully he didn't care (something like Donghee or Donghae). Eunhyuk was affirmative, he wasn't going to move a little finger during his schooling ; why would he since so many people were willing to help? He believed he was just being grateful.

He never really talked with Donghae nor did he try. Donghae always looked weak and submissive every time he saw him and that's what made Eunhyuk despise him. Everybody in the high school have made fun of him for ages, and even though Eunhyuk didn't like violence, he didn't do anything to help the shorter anyway. Why couldn't he defend himself? Weak people were good for nothing in this tough world, Eunhyuk learnt it the hard way and when he saw boys like Donghae walking around with books pressed against his chest with fear, it only made him remember how complicated life was. And he hated that.

 

"You have to help me on this one, Hyukjae." Siwon pleaded.

 

"Why did he even ask you to make me work with that Donghae dude?" Eunhyuk hissed. "This is irrational!"

 

"Love is irrational." Siwon retorted.

 

Eunhyuk couldn't help himself to roll his eyes. It's been months that the latter was bugging him about how amazing, perfect and so incredible was Kyuhyun (I think it's his name...) and he was now determined to make him his. Eunhyuk was fine with it as long as it wasn't involving his peaceful life, but then of course Siwon had to drag him into this mess. "You don't even know what love is, Siwon." He sighed to his friend.

 

"How can you know that?"

 

"Because you're freaking Choi Siwon and you think as long as someone is cute and nice and she or he smiled to you, it's love." Eunhyuk said.

 

"Whatever." Siwon grumbled. "Will you help? I helped you to hook up with Chaekhyun last week."

 

Eunhyuk tried to find an argument in his favor but he couldn't find one. After all, Siwon did help him to hook up with Chaekhyun and Man, she was good... He thought.

 

"Fine, fine, fine." He gave in. "I'll talk to the dude but that's only because Chaekhyun was a good one."

 

"You rock." Siwon beamed and almost crushed Eunhyuk into his strong embrace.

 

Eunhyuk sighed once again, almost angry at himself as he entered the library of the university. He didn't like this place, it was too quiet for him. Siwon had told him that Clumsy Donghae was staying there during his free period and almost forced the redhead to go talk with him. Eunhyuk glared at everything that passed under his eyes, until he spotted a brown-haired boy sitting at a secluded table with the man of Siwon's (wet) dreams. Eunhyuk almost thought for a second he was wrong on the person though, because it wasn't the usual Clumsy and Nerdy Donghae he saw, but a more out-going guy who was trying to contain his laughter. He raised an eyebrow, wondering if maybe he was seeing things. Just earlier this morning, Eunhyuk had to bear with the boy during the English lesson and Donghae was at this close to burst out crying when he had rudely snapped at him.

But right now, the only thing he saw was Donghae talking without any stutters, sitting straight in his chair with confidence.

It was confusing, to say the least. Without any further complicated thoughts, Eunhyuk walked toward the two boys and glared forcefully toward Kyuhyun who was leaving because it was his fault and then glanced at Donghae.

 

"What the hell do you want, nerd?" He immediately snapped, putting aside his confusion. Why am I thinking too much, he's just plain annoying.

 

Donghae turned around slightly when he heard a familiar voice calling him. It was Eunhyuk who was glaring at him with all his might. Good job, Kyuhyun, I owe you one. Donghae almost smirked with victory when the redhead heavily slumped down on the chair in front of him, still grumbling with annoyance. The shorter took time to scrutinize the boy in front of him, hoping he could at least try to spat something at his face but he knew it was impossible. Instead, he looked down at his paper.

 

"Thank you for coming." He mumbled and then made slide a paper across the table to give it to Eunhyuk.

 

He had wrote on it what he was expecting from him, basically he had to make some research too. He didn't trust himself to ask it out loud, he already knew things would just turn out humiliating for him.

 

"What, you can't talk now?" Eunhyuk snorted, not bothering taking the paper. "I'm here just because Siwon asked me to. Be happy I'm even talking to you."

 

Be happy I'm not strangling you. "It - It would be nice if we can work together..." Donghae said.

 

"Look at me when we're talking. How rude." Who's the ing one being rude, here?!

 

"S - Sorry..." He said and looked up to see Eunhyuk smirking.

 

"Better." Eunhyuk snorted. "And now, will you be nice and leave me alone? Don't you remember what I said in English?!"

 

Like I care of what you're saying, I just want you to work, God damn it! "Look, I'm sorry, but -" Donghae was growing more and more frustrated at his own mouth who wouldn't let out the rude words he'd like to say. you, bastard, , off, !

 

"And I'm sorry too. It's not that I don't like you - or actually, yes, I don't, but I have other things to do right now so bye, ok? I already wasted ten minutes of my precious quality times with my girlfriend, so -..."

 

"Oh please." Donghae mumbled, avoiding the other's look. "You just look for a good ..."

 

Eunhyuk wasn't so sure if he really did hear that as he stared blankly at Donghae. Did he just said the word "" out loud?

Donghae, on the other hand, didn't notice the other's confused look, still mumbling inaudibly and not knowing Eunhyuk could hear him. "You ing redhead bastard... Did you fall into a red paint box or what...? Oh, how I hate you..."

 

"Hey." Eunhyuk called, furious. "What the hell are you saying?!"

 

"W - What?" Donghae blinked. I just said that I ING LOATHE YOU. "N - Nothing."

 

"Don't lie, did you just said I'm a bastard?!" He heard me...? Oh I'm so proud of myself.

 

"No, I - No!" Donghae's mouth spluttered apologies before he even registered what he was saying.

 

He frowned darkly, and shut his mouth up before he glared at Eunhyuk. The latter raised an eyebrow when he saw Donghae sending him a baby glare.

His curiosity was itching him to know why Donghae was acting so differently, his behavior drastically changing from a minute to another. He never saw Donghae laughing since he met the nerd, and somehow, his laugh is kind of beautiful... This is what made him glare at Donghae one more time, banging his fists against the table.

 

"What are you, really?!" He shouted out with anger.

 

Donghae took a deep breath, his whole body trembling. He was beyond frustrated, and he wished that for once, only once in his freaking life, he could just say what he was really thinking.

 

"I just don't like you." Donghae suddenly spoke quietly. Oh my God, I talked. Oh hell yeah, that feels good!

 

His body was showing fear, his fists trembling under the table and his shoulders slumped down. But what struck Eunhyuk was the burning look into Donghae's eyes when he met his glare.

Dislike, disgust.

 

Clumsy Donghae was really here, but in his eyes, the nerd Eunhyuk used to despise was nowhere to be seen.


Hello guys ^^

Thank you so much for the few comments and all the subscribing!

Here's chapter two, I know not much happened yet, but that's slowly (but surely) coming soon.

 

Thank you for reading ~