Chapter Five

Naughty Mouth

 

Unexpected


Donghae has never felt so insulted, embarrassed and angry at the same time in his whole life. His face was flushed and his eyes were sparkling furiously as he glared at Eunhyuk who had been laughing for a few minutes now. He was doubled up in laughter, holding his stomach and even crying as his deep and loud amused voice was booming in Donghae's bedroom.The latter was frozen in his seat, torn between the fact he was proud at himself, because after so many years he finally had expressed all his real thoughts, and the need to hit that man once for all. At first, he had decided to be patient and stay approximately calm, anger still lingering in his mind, and to give to that tomato soup redhead some time to digest what had just happened. He could at least give him that much, though his reaction was unexpected ; if Donghae was in Eunhyuk's case, he would probably have fainted right then. But the already low tolerance of the shorter was growing even more thinner, Eunhyuk obviously didn't plan to stop anytime soon, his face now buried in his hands but Donghae could clearly hear his muffled fits of laughter.

 

"E - Eunhyuk-ssi." He hissed.

 

The latter didn't reply, still immersed in his unstoppable laughter, barely hearing Donghae's weak call. Maybe I should stop, he wondered at some time because as he had just proved it, Donghae wasn't who the world thought he was, and hence, he didn't know how the shorter could react. But this rational thought immediately disappeared off his mind as he glanced at Donghae.

The latter was trying hard to glare, but the only thing Eunhyuk saw was an adorable pout.

 

"Eunhyuk-ssi..." Donghae insisted louder through his clenched teeth.

 

Eunhyuk never had heard someone of his age insult him (he'd never allowed it, only the elderly had this power) with so much straightforwardness, maybe except Kyuhyun or Siwon. In another context, he would probably have already beat the out of the bastard who had dare to even look at him. But it wasn't a random suicidal guy, and it wasn't a random situation ; it was Clumsy Donghae, the one who looked down to the ground all the time and bumped into every walls possible at school. He was the one who everybody thought he would end up crying if you pushed him too much.

This was a radical u-turn, Donghae really wasn't the same person when he dared to open his mouth. Eunhyuk had been shocked to say the least, and the only reaction he managed to pull up was to laugh. He found it utterly hilarious. He was glad he finally figured something out of the nerd - But is he really a nerd? - and instead of feeling satisfied, he actually craved to know and understand more of the rare creature he had in front of his eyes.

He let out another laugh as he pictured again Donghae's loud and angry voice which contrasted so much with his usual squealing and whimpering tone.

 

"Eunhyuk-ssi." Donghae called again and narrowed his eyes at the redhead who wasn't listening to him even a little bit. "YAH ING BASTARD!" He yelled suddenly. Without thinking, he threw his leg forward and hardly kicked Eunhyuk's thigh. The latter, not aware of anything but his own happy world, was abruptly thrown off his chair and landed hurtfully on the floor.

 

"What the hell?!" He shouted and looked up to glare at Donghae. He grimaced in pain and was about to get up to punch Donghae back. But laughed again instead. "What the hell!" He repeated but this time his voice was full of cackle. "Seriously, what are you?!"

 

Donghae glared at him again, his face growing more red. He grabbed his philosophy book - The most heavy one, he thought - and without hesitation and fully conscious of his act this time, hit Eunhyuk's head with it. The latter's chuckles immediately died in his throat as Donghae beat down the item on his head again. He continued to harass him with all his force, and Holy , he's strong! He protected his face with his hands and tried to push Donghae away. The shorter though wasn't thinking about letting the redhead go like so easily ; with a dark growl, he tackled Eunhyuk, and the latter was suddenly pinned on the floor before he raised the book in the air again, ready to give him the worst suffering of the world. But before his weapon could successfully disfigure Eunhyuk's face, the redhead grabbed Donghae's wrists and rolled them over so he would be on top. Donghae's back hurtfully hit the corner of the desk. He winced in pain and looked up to glare at Eunhyuk.

 

"Well, well, Donghae." He snickered, though he felt a stinging pain at the top of his head. "You have temper, don't you?"

 

"And I'm going to ing kill you." Donghae hissed.

 

Eunhyuk laughed once again, his cheekbones hurting because he smiled too much. "You're ing funny, Lee Donghae. What are you, a bipolar?"

 

"Get off me, you stupid red felt-tip!" Donghae growled menacingly and tried to free himself.

 

"Wow, wow, steady here, Clumsy Donghae." Eunhyuk had to admit Donghae was more strong than what it seemed.

 

When he was about to say something else, Donghae raised his upper body and bit on Eunhyuk's arm. The latter cried out with pain, but he didn't have time to retaliate that Donghae hurtfully hit his stomach with his knee. The younger smiled triumphantly when the redhead fell on the floor a second time, groaning with pain and glaring at him, before Donghae got up and kicked his calf with all his strength. He let out a furious sigh and slumped down on the bed, watching with delight how Eunhyuk winced when he got up.

 

"Get out of my house." Donghae said exasperated when the other was up. "I don't want to talk to you right now."

 

"I'll do when I'll want to, dude." Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. "And by the way, this ing hurt, !"

 

Donghae snorted before he threw a pillow at Eunhyuk's face. The latter dodged it at the last second and turned around to glare at the shorter.

Eunhyuk watched how Donghae was acting suddenly more manly than usual ; his brows furrowed, his jaw clenched and his disheveled hair. He was more charming this way, he thought, and then grimaced because this only made him wonder why Donghae was acting weak habitually. The latter took off his glasses and put them on his bedside table before he rubbed his temples. The redhead stared at the other's eyes, noticing how big and brown they were even without the spectacles in the way. Eunhyuk didn't know what to think anymore. He didn't know if he was satisfied at the turn of events or if he was actually more confused than before. The point is, he wanted to know so badly.

His curiosity was now worked up to its highest peek. He couldn't take his eyes off Donghae's body, trying to find any hints that would help him to resolve the interesting case he had in front of his eyes.

Donghae, on the other hand, was ignoring him, though he could feel Eunhyuk's eyes on him and he found annoying. He wanted the other to leave him alone ; there were no way he would explain his outbreak. He snapped, and although he was kind of proud of what he just accomplished, the fact he did it in front of the least person he wanted to know about his problems had drastically brought his happiness to downhill. Donghae sighed once again before he got up from the bed, trying to sort out his tired and messed up thoughts. He picked up his abandoned Philosophy book and carefully put it on his desk, before he threw a cold look at Eunhyuk and went out of his bedroom, shutting the door loudly behind him. He heard the other follow him but he stayed quiet, even though the only thing he wanted to do was to yell one more time and aim his knee a little more lower than just Eunhyuk's stomach.

When he reached the kitchen, he found his mother already back from her grocery shopping and cooking, her back facing him. He turned around slightly and grumbled to Eunhyuk he could go now, avoiding any unneeded talks between the two of them.

 

"Oh, Donghae, darling, you're done?" His mother turned around and sweetly smiled at the both of them.

 

"Yeah." Donghae shortly replied, before he felt a little guilty ; it wasn't his mother's fault after all.

 

He narrowed his eyes at Eunhyuk, explicitly ordering him to get out of his house right now, but the redhead was stubborn and he firmly stayed at the kitchen's door frame with a raised eyebrow.

Mrs. Lee frowned at her son, surprised by his cold tone but brushed it aside when she glanced again at the boy her son had brought home that night. He was really handsome, she thought, and he seemed nice. She continued to smile at him absent-mindedly, wondering what was his name again before she remembered her son didn't introduce her to his new friend - despite the fact Donghae looked as if he wanted to make perfectly clear they weren't related in any kind of ways except co-working.

 

"What's your name, sweetie?" She asked the redhead. "Donghae didn't tell me."

 

"My name is Lee Hyukjae, Ma'am. But you can call me Eunhyuk." He said politely.

 

"Oh nice to meet you then. This is a pretty nickname, 'Eunhyuk'." She commented gently and Donghae had to roll his eyes at that. "I'm glad you're friend with my son, he doesn't introduce me to a lot of people, you know?"

 

"Mom, once again he's not my friend, okay? And by the way, you." He gritted through his teeth as he spun around to face Eunhyuk. "It would be my pleasure to kick you out of here, and if you don't want to have my shoe's mark on your behind, get out!"

 

Eunhyuk only snorted and leaned against the wall with a smirk as Donghae's mother smacked his head with a spatula. "Don't talk like that with your friend!"

 

"But he's not my friend!" He hissed again, throwing his hands in the air with exasperation.

 

"Whatever, Lee Donghae. I didn't know you were this rude with others." His mother waved a dismissive hand at his face. "Eunhyuk, dear, would you like to stay for dinner? I prepared some galbi and I plan to cook wontons too."

 

"Mom!" Donghae shouted out outraged. "He will not stay in this house any longer. Eunhyuk has to go home now anyway, right Eunhyuk-ssi?!"

 

He sent a meaningful look at the other, hoping he would full fill his biggest wish at the moment. Eunhyuk was tempted to accept the invitation, just to see the shorter's face turn into despair. He wanted to see and discover more of Donghae's entertaining personality.

Moreover, and he would probably never admit it, he really liked Donghae's mother. The warm smile his mother was genuinely giving him made him feel as if he was a child again, he almost could picture the comfort of a mother's tight embrace. He wanted nothing more than to smile back, and stay in this welcoming house and taste a dish made by the person who was supposed to love him the most. But he knew this wasn't his home, and this woman wasn't his mother. No, it would be too wonderful to have a woman who seemed so nice as his own mother. He bit his lip, trying to not think about the past and the hurtful memories of his childhood, punctuated by the cold stares of distant parents. He didn't want to recall the way the person who gave him birth has treated him since he was born seventeen years ago.

Donghae's pissed-off expression turned into a frown when he noticed Eunhyuk's change of behavior, who looked more and more nervous and uncomfortable all of a sudden. But before he could ask further questions, the redhead politely refused - gaining a slight pout from Donghae's mother - before he hurriedly bid his good bye, and then he wasn't in his house anymore, leaving Donghae confused. The latter raised his eyebrows in surprise and glanced at his mother who only shrugged.

 

"He's nice." She said.

 

"No, he isn't." Donghae rolled his eyes. "He's a bully, Mom. Bullies aren't nice."

 

Mrs. Lee chuckled before she bustled about washing the vegetables. "Donghae, I know you, I'm your mother." She said as she thoroughly rubbed a dirty part of a carrot. Donghae quietly walked next to her and gave her a hand. "This thing Jungsu calls naughty mouth or whatever, it isn't because you have a problem or because of a mental disorder. You're just so genuinely nice, Donghae. Like your father before - well, he's still nice, but life is tough, you know? Anyways, the fact you're so nice with everybody is actually so much that you're scared to be mean with people who might misunderstand what you're saying. You don't want to hurt them, because you're so pure. If you opened up to the Eunhyuk boy - and I did hear you yell at him as soon as I stepped one foot in the house - then it means he's trustworthy because you actually have enough confidence in this boy to act normal with him."

 

"I thought you said it was hard for me to open to people because I was too fragile?"

 

"Which confirm my theory about how pure you are." Mrs. Lee retorted. "Someone who is pure, is fragile and nice. Anyways, I'm your mother so I'm right."

 

"Mom." Donghae said after a short laugh. "I don't like him one bit, and neither do I trust him. And this feeling is mutual. I mean, if I could, I'd hang him up by the feet in Dad's garage."

 

His mother chuckled before she ruffled her pouting son's hair.

 

"Whatever helps you to sleep at night, Sweetie." She softly said before she began to cut the vegetables.

 

A comfortable silence fell after this, only the sound of the knife cutting the ingredients was heard.

 

"Oh, by the way, Heechul called earlier." Mrs. Lee spoke up. Donghae glanced at her before he averted his attention back on his moving knife. "He said tomorrow you'll come home late and I have to give you money because you're going to have a makeover at the mall?"

 

Donghae let out a cry of pain as the knife cut into one of his finger. He groaned with both pain and despair as he remember his hyung's threat.

 

"I don't want to remember that..." He grumbled as Mrs. Lee watched his son's behavior with an amused smile.

 

A hour later, Donghae's father and older brother arrived home and they immediately started dinner, casually talking about their day, while the youngest member of the family only stayed quiet, still grumbling. When Mr. Lee had asked him why Donghae seemed unhappy, the latter had told him about his upcoming makeover which was the day after. When he almost thought maybe his father would be his savior and tell him there were no way he was going to the mall tomorrow, all his hopes were crushed when Mr. Lee beamed at his son, saying he would gladly give him some money if needed, and that I'm so proud, my son is growing up so fast. Donghwa had just burst out laughing and congratulated him for this thoughtful choice because it was 'the best choice you've ever made'.

Well, thanks, he thought sarcastically as he cleaned his mouth after he had brushed his teeth. He changed his clothes into his pajamas, before he went back in his room and collapsed on the bed, too tired to even let out a heavy sigh. He was mentally and physically exhausted, and his back still hurt after Eunhyuk's had harshly bumped him against the wooden desk (although it wasn't completely the other's fault).

Despite the fact he was absolutely spent, Donghae couldn't fall asleep. He didn't know why, but every time he closed his eyes, his thoughts began to twirl crazily in his mind. He ended up staring at the ceiling of the room, a frown plastered on his face. Why was he so agitated? It wasn't as if he was anxious to go to school tomorrow ; there weren't any major exams and he didn't have English lessons either. Only Heechul's pointless makeover thing could be a source of irritation but it wasn't enough to keep him away from sleep. 

Donghae sighed, before he his side and looked around his room plunged into darkness. His bedside table clock was doing a quiet noise next to him, and the wind was playing with the trees outside.

Against his own will, he remembered Eunhyuk's uncomfortable look earlier, when his mother had proposed him to stay for dinner. He was sort of thankful the other didn't accept, but on the other hand, this sad expression on the redhead's face made him confused and almost worried. Was he scared by his mother? That wasn't possible, Mrs. Lee was the most nice and caring person in the world, nobody could dislike her. Then, he recalled his outbreak and a proud smile crept on his mouth, before he bit his lower lip.

He wasn't as pure as his mother described him, or at least he didn't think so. He was a normal teenager, he had tried to smoke cigarettes and a little bit of weed - and he totally disliked it, and sometimes he would drink with Kyuhyun or other friends. Maybe he was fragile, but he didn't understand what his mother meant when she said Donghae trusted Eunhyuk. Why would he trust him if the only feeling he had for the redhead was complete hatred?

But was it really hatred? Did he really loathe Eunhyuk as he wanted to believe so badly? Donghae had to put his prejudices aside, and think clearly. It was late, past midnight already, but he was now completely awake and thinking perfectly straight. True, he wasn't really found in Eunhyuk's usual behavior but as Mrs. Lee had said, Donghae would never act normal with someone who wasn't trustworthy. This situation was still confusing though ; Eunhyuk pushed him to the edge, that's why Donghae had finally let out his real nature talk.

Donghae crunched up his nose, feeling utterly annoyed and roughly rolled on his other side, before he squeezed his eyes shut and forced himself to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Helloooo, my sweet ugly duckling!" A cheery voice reached Donghae's ears as he closed his locker. He turned around and gulped when he noticed Heechul's evil smirk. "How are you doing, babe?"

 

"Don't call me babe, hyung..." Donghae muttered before he winced when Heechul harshly threw an arm around his shoulder.

 

"I'll wait for you in front of the school gates after you finish school, sounds good?"

 

"It's not like I have a choice, have I?"

 

"Nope, you don't." Heechul agreed. "See you later, Donghae. I can't wait!"

 

"I think I can..." Donghae grumbled while he watched his hyung happily disappear between the crowd of students. Sighing already early in the morning, he half-heartedly headed toward his first class, looking for Kyuhyun.

 

All of a sudden, another arm was thrown around his neck into a death grip. Grimacing slightly at the strength of the action, he turned around expecting to see Kyuhyun but gaped when he realized it wasn't his best friend.

 

"You look like a fish." Eunhyuk snickered. "How are you doing in this beautiful morning?" Fine - until you showed up that's why.

 

"I - I'm fine..." He muttered, cursing under his breath. He most probably looked ridiculous, stuttering this way while he was slandering at the redhead the day before. "I - Wha - What do you want?"

 

"Oh, no more cursing and yelling, Donghae?" Eunhyuk asked with a fake shocked tone. "No more 'cougar's red lip gloss' thing, and no more 'I ing hate you'?"

 

Donghae successfully sent a glare at Eunhyuk whose smirk grew wider. "That's more like it. Now I recognize you!" . You.

 

"L - Leave me alone." Donghae hissed quietly.

 

"Why should I, don't you have so much fun with me?" Do I ing look like I'm enjoying any seconds with you?!

 

"What do you ing want, Eunhyuk?!"

 

"Want you to act normal."

 

This statement left Donghae dumbfounded. He stared into Eunhyuk's mocking eyes, before he discreetly but hardly punched the other's stomach with his fist. The taller let out a small cry of pain and immediately let go of Donghae, holding his stomach tightly. He glared at the shorter, ready to strangle him at any moment. "I'm going to kill you." He growled.

 

Donghae smirked, folding his arms against his chest. "Now I recognize you."

 

Before Eunhyuk could retort something back, Kyuhyun appeared from behind Donghae and stared at the latter with an amazed look. The shorter rolled his eyes as Kyuhyun grabbed his shoulders and said ;

 

"Did I just see right? Am I hallucinating? Am I dreaming? Did you just punched Eunhyuk right now?!"

 

"Yes, he ing did." The redhead hissed as he straightened up, before he spoke to Donghae. "Be happy I'm not beating the daylights out of you."

 

"Be happy I'm not murdering you." Donghae spat back with venom.

 

Kyuhyun gasped and abruptly crushed Donghae against his chest. "Oh my baby son is growing up!" He dramatically exclaimed. "I can die happy now!"

 

"Kyuhyun, let me go right now or I'm going to crush every single video games you hid in my room." Donghae menaced.

 

Kyuhyun immediately released him with a horrified look on his face, as if to say You wouldn't dare?! Donghae smirked.

 

"Since when do you even talk to each other anyway?" Kyuhyun asked with disbelief.

 

"Yesterday." Donghae said as he tried to avoid any eyes contact with the redhead who was intently staring at him. "I kind of... Snapped."

 

"You ing exploded." Eunhyuk scoffed. "And that was hilarious by the way."

 

"Hey, you know what? I still ing hate you. Don't you have a class to attend or something? Leave me alone."

 

Just in time, the bell rang loudly in the hallway. With a grateful sigh, Donghae grabbed Kyuhyun's hand hurriedly dragged him to their next classroom, leaving Eunhyuk behind. He glanced back once and flushed when he noticed the redhead was still staring at him with a smirk.

 

"See you later, Fish!" He shouted through the hall. I hope I'll see you again in hell. The shorter darkly thought.

 

 

 

"So basically, yesterday he was at your house and you worked on the year thing, right?" Kyuhyun summed up. "And you yelled at him?"

 

Donghae absent-mindedly nodded, carefully taking notes. He heard Kyuhyun whistled with admiration before the latter was scolded by the teacher.

 

"Old rag." Kyuhyun grunted. "Anyways, that's awesome, now you can talk with him easily."

 

"Like I care, Kyuhyun."

 

"Oh please, admit that's cool." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair with a yawn. "This afternoon's gonna be a long for you, right?" He snorted.

 

Donghae groaned quietly, glaring at Kyuhyun. "Shut up, I don't want to think about that!" He hissed. "You'll come, right? I don't want to stay alone with Heechul hyung."

 

"Why, of course I'll come. No better activities than to see your own best friend being tortured." Kyuhyun laughed out loud.

 

Donghae kicked his leg and the teacher unfortunately missed his head with a chalk stick.

 

They ended classes way too soon for Donghae's liking, as he darkly shut his locker closed with a grumble. Kyuhyun was whistling next to him, enjoying his so-called best friend's misfortune. Before they could even reach the high school gates, Heechul appeared and almost dragged them to the subway, talking non-stop the whole way until they reached the big mall in the center of Seoul. Donghae sighed heavily, because they were closed to the Dumpling Café and he would do anything to be at work than to be here, under Heechul's burning stare. 

They were standing stupidly in the middle of the mall main entrance, Heechul excitedly tergiversating between clothes shopping and go to the hairdresser salon. Kyuhyun was casually playing on his smartphone again, glancing at Donghae sometimes and sending him a mocking smirk. Finally, with a loud clap of hands, Heechul decided Donghae's haircut was probably the most ugly disadvantage to turn him into a 'beautiful swan'. The latter rolled his eyes at that and let the eldest drag him to the nearest hair-stylist salon, and watched with raised eyebrows how closed Heechul was with the workers.

Donghae almost threw a shampoo bottle at Heechul and the woman barber when they began to criticize him loudly as if he wasn't able to hear them. He was still grumbling and cursing inaudibly with a deep frown on his face when the woman washed his messy hair. "This is such a waste, young man, you know?" She had commented. "You have such beautiful hair, you know?". No, I don't ing know, do your job and shut up!

Heechul didn't let him look at himself when the 'ing tough job' was done, and immediately pulled him out of the shop after paying, and practically threw him into a dress room and then shoved plenty of clothes in his arms.

 

"Hurry up or I'll undress you myself!" Heechul yelled from the other side of the curtain.

 

"Don't you dare, hyung." Donghae spat back.

 

He sent a death glare at the innocent pile of clothes, and then reluctantly took off his high school uniform. I want to go the café and ask Hankyung hyung a cappuccino... He grabbed the first shirt he found and put it on, before he did the same with the pants. He stared at himself in the mirror, discovering his new haircut. His hair were shorter now, still his natural dark color. Now, only his glasses was an obstacles to see his brown orbs. He blinked one or twice, before he leaned toward the mirror until his nose was almost glued to the glass. He didn't want to sound arrogant, but he couldn't deny he kind of look handsome now. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed quietly. He was wearing an opened checked shirt on a white t-shirt, with tight black jeans. What the hell am I even doing here...?

The curtain was abruptly pulled by Heechul who was wearing an annoyed look, before he gaped at Donghae. Kyuhyun peeked in and raised his eyebrows.

 

"Hey, you look hot man."

 

Donghae snorted, before Heechul began to jump up and down with excitation, shouting to whoever wanted to hear it that he was a genius.

 

"Stop it, Heechul hyung." Donghae laughed.

 

"Don't you feel proud of me right now? Don't feel the need to kneel down before me?" The older dramatically exclaimed. "I'm such a genius, a gifted, a -"

 

"A diva." Kyuhyun concluded before Heechul threw a pair of socks at his face.

 

"Whatever, guys. I'm going to change."

 

"Perfect." Heechul approved. "Then, we'll go buy you a new uniform."

 

"What?! Why would I need a freaking new uniform?!" Donghae was already pissed-off enough and he had plenty of homeworks to do for the next day. Moreover, his uniform was perfectly fine, filling the high school standard ; black trousers and blazer, a white shirt and a red necktie.

 

"Because I said so. Didn't I just prove you how smart and perfect I am? Now hurry, we don't have all day."

 

Donghae growled with annoyance and stomped in the dress room and angrily dressed up into his own outfit. He messily grabbed the stack of clothes and went out of the room before he shoved everything back in Heechul hands. The older immediately roughly pushed the clothes to Kyuhyun who stumbled slightly on his own feet before he glared at his two other friends. Donghae only rolled his eyes and Heechul smirked widely, then exclaimed it was time to continue their duty.

It was most probably Donghae's worst afternoon of his whole life. He snorted quietly when he realized only bad and tiring things had happened in his life since he had talked for the first time with Eunhyuk. And who's fault is that? It's ing Sunah's fault. He had never spent so much hours in the mall, neither did he knew that this building was so big and wide, just perfect to full fill Heechul's dreams and Donghae's nightmares. Kyuhyun had been following them from the very start of Donghae's torture, always laughing and making fun of his best friend. Pissed-off and bored, Donghae had paid him back in his own coin when he had roughly pushed him into a fine lingerie shop and then had fled off to hide behind Heechul.

When he came back home around 8 o'clock, his feet hurt and his hands were full of bags filled with unneeded new items Heechul had insisted to buy. Of course, true to his naughty nature, Kyuhyun wasn't even thinking about helping, only nice enough to open the front door of Donghae's house. When the latter finally found his home warmth back, he threw all the bags in a corner of the main hall and heavily collapsed on the couch, laying lethargically as if he had went through a terrible ordeal. Kyuhyun didn't say a word, pushed his legs aside and sat down at the other end of the sofa before he turned the TV on.

They only mumbled a greeting when Donghae's mother bid them hello. She curiously bypassed the couch before she admired his son's new looks. A please smile crept on his face.

 

"You look gorgeous, Donghae." She commented.

 

"I look stupid." He retorted back.

 

"I agree on this one, but that's not new." Kyuhyun snickered.

 

Mrs. Lee shot him a disapproving look, then ran her hand through Donghae's new haircut. "You really look handsome, Donghae. You look like an actor from a drama."

 

"Mom..." Donghae whined. "I don't, ok?"

 

Mrs. Lee humphed and pouted slightly, before she hurriedly went back in the kitchen and continued cooking.

 

"Don't you have to go home?" Donghae asked.

 

"Nope. Heechul gave me 70 bucks so I would make sure that tomorrow you'll wear what we bought today." Kyuhyun said, shrugging off the elderly superiority.

 

Donghae groaned for the nth time since the start of the week, and let his head fall back down on the couch.

 

 

 

True to his words, the next morning Kyuhyun thoroughly watched Donghae's every movements, making sure he wasn't going to escape from his bathroom and make the blasphemy to wear his old clothes again. It was almost if he went in the bathroom when Donghae was taking his shower. When they had went down to the kitchen to eat breakfast, his brother Donghwa was still making fun of him, saying this wasn't the real Donghae ; the real one couldn't pull out so much class out of the scrawny-like looks Donghae once owned - which was the day just before.

Maybe it was the walk to the school that had been the most annoying and unexpected for Donghae. Everything was the same, he was riding his bike and Kyuhyun was walking beside him on the sidewalk. Usually, people would quickly glance at them, check Kyuhyun out and ignore Donghae, then they would avert they attention back on the empty streets. But this morning, not only did they drooled over Kyuhyun's body, they also gaped at Donghae, wondering if it was really Clumsy Donghae before them.

This y man couldn't possibly be the same nerdy boy they used to bully at school, right? And yet, they still recognized Donghae's trademark glasses still on his nose, because he had to way for a week before he could wear lenses. As if I wanted to... He felt slightly uncomfortable, not used to be the center of attention like that, it was usually Kyuhyun who won everybody's amazed glances. Or even Siwon or Eunhyuk. He didn't know if he liked it or not. True, he was pleased because of it, after all it was common in the human nature to turn overproud and to seek the others' acceptance. But Donghae wasn't of this low tramp. He knew they didn't know him at all, and only his new face and his new clothes were the subject of their curiosity - because it was only curiosity.

For his part, Kyuhyun was laughing loudly, enjoying the students' surprised stare and Donghae's confused look. He always knew his best friend had potential, and he was glad Heechul and him had managed to put some sense into his rock-hard head, even if they had practically forced him to.

Donghae was growing more and more frustrated and annoyed, as people suddenly began to turn around on his passing, loudly whispering to each others if that good-looking guy was really him. Yes. ing yes, that's me. What the hell with you?! His new uniform almost felt uncomfortable on him, he wasn't used to wear trousers that tightly, but Heechul had told him that now 'we can perfectly see your yummy '. This isn't the point, he had retorted but Heechul didn't give him time to argue and he was already forced to try something else.

 

"What's our first class?" He asked Kyuhyun who couldn't stop snigger.

 

"Huh? Oh, English class, of course. Sunah's going to be so shocked when she sees you."

 

Donghae rolled his eyes and sighed exasperated when a girl who used to made fun of him sent him a flirtatious wink. You . He opened the classroom door and immediately went to his seat without waiting for Sunah's agreement. He took his glasses off to rub his temples and then glared at her when she exclaimed. "Donghae? Is that you?!"

 

At the other side of the classroom wall, Eunhyuk lazily reached his best friend who was animatedly chatting with Kyuhyun. The younger was wearing an amused smirk on his lips, and for one second, the redhead thought he was finally acknowledging Siwon's flirting. He snorted when he noticed Kyuhyun wasn't even listening to him. With a short nod to the younger, he opened the classroom door and went it while yawning, ruffling his hair tiredly. He almost hadn't had time to sleep, arguing the whole night with his mother. He was planning to sleep during the period, ignoring his itching curiosity to know more about Donghae. What really mattered at this moment was his beauty sleep. He slowly went to his desk, after a glance at the teacher who was stupidly gaping at someone else in the room. Shrugging it off, he threw his bag next to the desk which banged against it. He noticed that another student already occupied the place, and planning to use his charming advantages, he raised his gaze to nicely (Or not) ask this person to go somewhere else.

But what he saw left him flabbergasted, all tiredness forgotten. ing holy goodness. Who's that hottie?! He stared with wide eyes at the male student sitting at his self-claimed table who had a pissed-off frown on his face. He had short dark-brown hair, with a few pikes at the top of his head. A charming lock of hair was hiding his forehead, but not his eyes. He could notice on the oddly familiar face handsome features, as pink plump lips, high cheekbones, and he could now clearly see his brown orbs. The way this student was wearing his uniform put on perspective his muscles, and his tight trousers could be the end of Eunhyuk, if the latter wasn't too shocked and tired to realize he would gladly fantasize on this dude.

Donghae felt a burning stare on his body. He waited a few seconds so maybe the tactless person who was rudely checking him out would stop, but he didn't, so he looked up with exasperation in his eyes and surprisingly met Eunhyuk's gaze.

 

"W - What?" He spat.

 

"Donghae?"Eunhyuk only managed to say. "What the hell is that?"

 

"What do you think it is, moron?" Donghae hissed through his teeth.

 

"Wow. I didn't know you could look like that..."

 

"Like what?!"

 

Eunhyuk smirked and leaned down to have his face just a few inches away from Donghae's. "Like a ing good ."

He was only joking, of course. Why would he someone like Lee Donghae? Ok, he was hot but Eunhyuk preferred s and s compared to and . Still, he wanted to see the shorter's face turn into fear, or something like that.

But Donghae only raised an eyebrow. He knew what the redhead wanted to see ; he wanted to see him panic. But Donghae had spent his life with Kyuhyun for a best friend and Donghwa for an older brother. He raised an eyebrow and let a smirk creep on his lips. He slowly them before he slightly raised himself from his seat, his mouth almost touching Eunhyuk's.

 

"Then, who said I'd say no...?" He whispered.

 

Eunhyuk took a step back, eyes wide. "What?" He shouted out.

 

This really wasn't what he was expecting, not only the fact he found Donghae utterly gorgeous with those new looks, and the fact the younger had actually answered back to his ual joke. No, he wasn't expecting to feel a shiver go down his spine and to feel his face blush.

 

"W - What the ?!"

 

Donghae sat back down on his chair and burst out laughing, his cheery voice booming in the empty classroom. Sunah glanced at them, then rolled his eyes before she averted her attention back on the copies she had to correct.

 

"You're the one who began this, douchebag!" He exclaimed and continued to laugh. Now he could understand why Eunhyuk was laughing so much when he had exploded in front of him before. "Whatever now, go away, I don't see the blackboard."

 

Eunhyuk gulped and sat down quietly next to Donghae. He didn't act cold and arrogantly as usual anymore, the only thought he had in mind was Donghae. I'm going to hyperventilate. He was discovering so much new things about Donghae he didn't know if he could digest them so quickly.

But he knew one thing ; This is not good.


Hello ~

Here is the fifth chapter already. Do you also feel kind of frustrated with the both of them...? I wish they could make out alredy. But well, haha, this isn't that easy, right.

I don't want to write something too meaningful and complicated - I prefer comedy and funny things, and I at drama - but if they suddenly jump at each other, first, this isn't realistic at all ; second, I don't want to write crap ; and third, what the hell. And if you thought Donghae is now capable to express himself, HAHAHA, NO. But I'm not spoiling ._.

I probably should have put a picture of Donghae before and after, but I find it annoying when I see pictures in the middle of the story. Moreover, it enable you to picture our favorite Fish as you like it.

Personnaly, I think he's utterly hot and y in his drama Mrs. Panda and Mr. Hedgehog ~

 

I hope you liked this chapter!

Thank you for all the comments, this is really amazing. And guys, 90-ing-subscribers already?! Oh, you guys are precious, I love you. :D I love to read all of your comments, short or long, anything is good, I freaking like it.

 

Thank you for reading ~