Chapter Six

Naughty Mouth

 

Awkward


The English classroom was peaceful, only low mutterings between the students and the sound of pens scratching the papers could be heard. Sunah was slowly walking around the room, giving advices to who needed it and scolding those who talked too loudly. Two raws behind, Kyuhyun glanced at her and their eyes met just for one second, but they didn't need to talk to know what they were both thinking ; Donghae. He smirked victoriously again and even Sunah permitted herself to grin discreetly, shushing a troublesome kid at the same time.

Kyuhyun had always known that Donghae could be one of the most handsome men of the high school if only he made an effort. He was pleased to see all his classmates' eyes glued to his best friend's now revealed charm, though he could easily guess that the latter mustn't be so happy about this. Donghae was a stubborn kid ; if they both weren't kind of, sort of scared of Heechul, he most probably would have send off anybody else who would have tried to threat him to change his looks. Maybe Kyuhyun should accord some credits to Heechul after all.

 

"I didn't know Donghae was that handsome." Siwon commented softly.

 

Kyuhyun glanced at him before he leaned back in his chair and began to play with his pencil. "That's because you're blind." He snorted and Siwon smiled seductively.

 

"I don't think so since I noticed you, Beautiful."

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes but chuckled nonetheless, still pleased by the other's cheesiness. "I guess I'm just that perfect." Siwon laughed and Kyuhyun's cheeks before he quickly averted his attention back on his notes with a slightly red face.

 

The younger raised an eyebrow. Cute, he thought.

 

A few tables away, Eunhyuk was trying hard to focus on anything the brunette was saying to him. Although, every time his look inadvertently fell on Donghae's lips, he simply zoned out, wondering why he didn't notice before how pink and delicious they seemed to be. He frowned slightly afterwards ; he couldn't believe he just thought that. Why the did I even pick English class to start with?

Eunhyuk wasn't gay. He was certain of it, and there were no ways in hell this will change. It might seem stupid, but it was one of the only thing he could be sure of, along with some other few facts. Those few things were what he wanted to relay on so he could believe, even if it was a little bit, that his life could be a little more pleasant and normal than what it currently was. He wanted to forget how much he hated his parents, he wanted to forget how much of an he was, and he wanted to forget the fact he never had felt loved in his whole life. He didn't even know what love was to start with. And obviously, he didn't want to know either. Moreover, to have feelings for someone of the same gender was absolutely wrong, and it would only bring more problems to his already complicated life. And hatred from his family.

He hated to feel unsure, and this was perfectly what Donghae was doing to him. The sneaky prank Donghae had just pulled on him was engraved in his memory and he didn't like this feeling. He couldn't remove of his mind the almost non-existent distance Donghae had created just a few minutes earlier, those lips curled up into a mocking smirk and his beautiful brown orbs shining with an amused glint. Eunhyuk swore he almost had a heart attack. Usually he was the one playing with other's reactions, and he had never experienced his own tricks on himself. Now he could feel kind of sorry towards those girls, because it was truly frustrating. He had never felt this confuse and awkward feeling in his too-fast beating heart.

 

His lips... So close.

 

This only added to the dislike he had for the shorter ; if you could call that dislike, that's why. First, Donghae had made him feel confused and then he had forced him to think about unnecessarily stuffs. Secondly, his nerdy attitude he thought had disappeared since the day Donghae had exploded at his face was back. He had thought that now, the brunette was finally acting as his true self, but Donghae was quick to beg otherwise. As soon as other students went in the room, Donghae's mocking stare turned into an uncomfortable one, before he looked down at his table. Eunhyuk felt confused because just two minutes ago, his face was two inches away from his own and surely that wasn't the same behavior.

He was also perplexed, because at first he had thought that his co-worker had decided to change his appearance because he was now confident. But obviously, it wasn't the case. Donghae was still shy without being really shy, still acting the same as always - except with Eunhyuk - and furthermore, he didn't seem incredibly pleased by the glances people shot to him.

The shorter was so complex that Eunhyuk could feel headaches incoming in his temples. In addition of the sleepless night he had, forced to bear his mother's nagging and his father's cold looks, his headaches only increased. He rested his forehead on the table and sighed heavily.

Donghae glanced at him and raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?" Like I give a , the latter snorted inwardly.

 

"I'm fine." Too bad, it would have been great you were dying.

 

"Okay, then could you help me with that?" This is an order, just do it or you won't have any hairs left on your head tomorrow.

 

Eunhyuk grumbled inaudibly, almost pouting. "I'm tired." He said. So am I, but do I look like a freaking crying baby anyway?

 

Donghae shrugged, showing he didn't care. Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes at the other because of the lack of reaction. "You could at least show some concern." He grumbled.

 

Why would I, since it's not true? You can die in an empty alley for all I care. Donghae darkly thought, then rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Eunhyuk. Can we work now? It's been already twenty minutes we're here and you've done nothing else except whining."

 

"I'm not whining, Clumsy Donghae. And I said I'm tired."

 

"Then sleep at night." Donghae retorted, crunching up his nose because he wished he could have spat the real rude thought he had wanted to say. "Instead of wandering in bars or something."

 

He turned around to face the blackboard and sighed quietly. He should have been happy to be able to express himself a little better, but it was Eunhyuk and he didn't know why he should opened up to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk, for God's sake! This was probably the worst choice he had never made in his whole life. He found it refreshing though, to be able to talk carelessly with someone else than Kyuhyun, or his friends at the café and his family.

He snickered slightly as he remembered the stunned expression Eunhyuk had on his face when Donghae dared the other to him for real - Though it's almost sure I'd be the one on top. What a moron! He laughed inwardly. Donghae wasn't a teenager who only craved for and hence this kind of jokes didn't affect him a lot. And the day he would do anything more than bickering with Eunhyuk wasn't going to happen anytime soon, thank-you-very-much.

 

Eunhyuk glared at him, while Donghae was smirking discreetly. "You don't know me." He said lowly. "You don't know me so don't talk like you do."

 

Donghae turned around again and faced the other with a raised eyebrow. "Oh, and what? You're going to tell me you've never been to a bar? That you're a model student and you've never been drunk? Please." You're just a , admit it.

 

"Oh, I did." Eunhyuk scoffed. "But that doesn't mean you can assume things about my life, Lee Donghae. Never do that again."

 

"What happened to you so you're so worked up when I talk about your private life?"

 

Donghae stared at the other for a few minutes. Eunhyuk cringed at those words and sent him a furious glare, before he roughly grabbed everything on the table and threw them in his bag. " you, nothing happened." He loudly exclaimed, breaking the silence in the classroom, before he stormed out of the place.

 

Surprised, Donghae watched the other furiously stomping out of the room, before he harshly banged the door closed.

"What did I say?" He mumbled.

 

 

 

Donghae yawned, before he rubbed his eyes cutely. Kyuhyun sighed as well and rested his head on his best friend's shoulder.

The Philosophy teacher had decided to play petty-minded that day and hadn't warned them beforehand and now they had been stuck in front of an essay ("Is the human species doomed to live in illusions?") for the past hours. It was almost lunchtime, but they had to finish it and then wait for the bell to ring the end of the period. Kyuhyun had whined the first fifteen minutes of the four hours they had to do the essay, since Literature and Philosophy weren't what he did the best and moreover he found those two subjects boring. Donghae, on his part, found it annoying but complied anyway since there weren't any other ways out. He was more tired than he should have been though, because his mind didn't stop wandering away, defocusing on the plan he was doing and he always kept thinking back about the infuriated yet hurt look Eunhyuk had sent him at the English period. Now that the bell was about to ring lunchtime, he was glad to be satisfied with his essay, and glanced at Kyuhyun. The latter shrugged lightly, implying he didn't know if he did well but Donghae knew the latter and was practically sure Kyuhyun was going to have a high mark ; as always.

Eventually, the bell rang and they all hurriedly went out of the room. Donghae took a deep breath and sighed heavily with relief. Fours hours of dissertation in the morning wasn't the best way to start the day with. Kyuhyun reached him and made a pout, before he clung on his arm like a koala, though he was much taller than Donghae.

 

"Donghaaae!" He whined. "Donghae, I'm so hungry!"

 

The latter rolled his eyes and tried to push the younger away. "If that's the case, then go at the cafeteria, Kyuhyun."

 

"But I don't have money!" Kyuhyun pouted. "I want to spare some to buy a new game. And I remind you you owe me the next Starcraft."

 

"I'm not buying you lunch, if it's what you wanted to ask me." Donghae raised an eyebrow at the pout his best friend gave him.

 

Kyuhyun tried to lure him for a few minutes more, until he gave up and glared slightly at the other. "Fine, I'll pay my food. Let's go." He grumbled.

 

Donghae tried to protest but the grip on his arm was strong and he was too tired to struggled out of it. He sighed unhappily and was forced to follow the younger. Soon, they reached the crowded cafeteria. The place was so loud compared to the peaceful library where Donghae was currently supposed to be. Kyuhyun took two trays and lead them to queue up in line. Donghae crunched up his nose when he watched the inedible-looking dishes he saw on the buffet but nonetheless, he asked to the lady a portion of Korean beef and rice, then picked up a side dish of Kimchi. After he had paid his meal, he went to look for an available table somewhere in the packed cafeteria ; he found none. With an annoyed sigh, he held his tray with one hand and tugged on his necktie to loosen it a little bit, then noticed Kyuhyun wasn't by his sides anymore. He look around and found him trying to pay his lunch, while Siwon was busy talking to him with a bright smile. Donghae raised an eyebrow when he saw Kyuhyun almost smiling to the other, until the latter noticed him and made a face.

He waited patiently for the two of them and watched his surroundings with a bored gaze. Everybody were being too loud and cheery and a bad smell of low quality food was floating in the cafeteria. He felt stupid, standing alone in the middle of the big room, but he decided it was for the better, instead of trying to socialize and end up stuttering and bullied. Kyuhyun and Siwon were almost there, the latter giving him a gentle smile. He cursed under his breath when he found himself feeling the familiar sensation of growing more and more uncomfortable, as the unusual presence of Siwon was approaching him. The feeling of suddenly being unable to react while two seconds ago you could do anything was probably the worst for him.

 

"Siwon says we can eat with him." Kyuhyun said. "It's most probably the best solution since there's no place left anymore."

 

"Hi Donghae." Siwon smiled. Hello...

 

The former could only nod weakly and looked away. He heard Kyuhyun snort but he ignored it and followed them to a table at one corner of the cafeteria. His eyes still glued to his moving feet against his own will, he didn't know where the two other boys had decided to settle down as he put his tray on the table. When he looked up though, he met Eunhyuk's bored and surprised look. He blinked twice and when he was going to spat something along the lines What the are you doing here?!, he remembered they weren't alone and glanced at Siwon. He gulped with frustration, the need to speak was properly speaking itching his throat, but the fact the horse-alike man was there, and he didn't trust him enough, didn't allow him to talk carelessly.

 

Eunhyuk was still pissed-off and angry at the younger, though it was unjustified. Kind of. Donghae didn't know why he was beyond sensitive when it came to his private life, to his messed-up life. He knew he shouldn't have snapped at the other, but it was his personality. He didn't even know why he had felt sorry as soon as he had stormed out of the classroom. He was like that, hot-blooded and a real and he had learnt to live with it ; he knew to not regret things he had already done. But when he had left the room, a tiny pang of culpability had took him, and he had bit his lips with annoyance, thinking about Donghae when he shouldn't have!

This only contributed to his angry state. He was glaring at his full meal in front of him, not feeling hungry at all, when he heard Siwon coming back to their table. He had looked up to scowl at him since the tall man had left him without saying anything, but was surprised to find Donghae sitting at his table with Siwon and Kyuhyun. They only shared a short look before they both averted their eyes somewhere else.

He was certain the brunette didn't like him, and he wanted to believe so badly it was reciprocal - but apparently his heart had decided otherwise ; He couldn't help to stare at Donghae's nice and well built-up figure. He had slightly opened his shirt and Eunhyuk could see a bit of his fair skin, while the necktie was untied around his neck. His trademark glasses were still on his nose, but surprisingly it only added to his newly discovered charm while his hair were nicely disheveled. y was the first thought that crossed his mind, before he slapped himself inwardly with a furious sigh.

Siwon and Kyuhyun were both chatting together, or to be more precise, Siwon was doing the talking and Kyuhyun was only replying by short grunts and sometimes when the taller was lucky, with a small grin. Donghae though heard the loud sigh Eunhyuk had just let out and looked up to stare at him. Why does he keep those glasses? Eunhyuk wondered before he began to feel uncomfortable under the brunette's strong gaze. He raised an eyebrow even though he felt his heartbeat increase and when Donghae permitted himself to smirk smugly, he crunched up his nose feeling annoyed.

 

Donghae felt almost relieved when he successfully let out a smirk at Eunhyuk. It was irrational because it's about Eunhyuk we're talking about, but the fact he was more used to his presence than Siwon's gave him a feeling of safety - which he didn't need at all. He knew he wasn't scared, there weren't anything to be scared of Choi Siwon, but his conscience was blocking him.

They stared at each other a little and Donghae rolled his eyes, mentioning Kyuhyun and Siwon by a short movement of his head. Eunhyuk snorted discreetly while Donghae smirked slightly and took another spoon of rice. When he noticed Siwon wasn't going to let Kyuhyun go anytime soon, he got up and said he wanted to buy a soda.

He still felt the other students' stares on his back as he went out of the cafeteria but this time decided to ignore them instead of throwing a tantrum - which he would probably fail either way. He walked slowly, enjoying the fresh breeze of the cold hallway, until he reached the vending machines in the main entrance of the high school. He looked for money in his pockets, frowning when he found none. , I let them in my other pants... He let out a furious groan, ready to beat the out of the unanimated machine when someone handed him a coin.

Surprised, he followed the hand to face the owner. Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"Thanks." Donghae mumbled and bought an orange juice. I don't know what you're up to, but I won't fall for it, you ing gummy smiling redhead.

 

The former only shrugged and took himself a strawberry milk, before he sat down on the ground, next to the vending machines. Donghae sighed heavily and joined him on the floor. They both awkwardly drank, avoiding each other's eyes. They weren't use to stay silent when they were together. Since the very first time they had shared a word, they only successfully built more and more dislike towards one another. Donghae didn't know if he was more happy to live this situation instead of having to bear Siwon's lame flirting with Kyuhyun. Eunhyuk was gazing in nowhere, only drinking his milk absent-mindedly, but sometimes he would glance at Donghae and the latter felt uncomfortable because of that. He was still tergiversating and thinking maybe it was a better idea to join his best friend, when Eunhyuk's low voice spoke up ;

 

"For earlier..." He mumbled. "Forget it." What the hell is this fellow rambling about...?

 

Donghae faced him with surprised. "About what?" He asked and gained a scowl in return. "Oh you mean in English...? And you're the one who says I'm bipolar." He snorted afterwards.

 

"Don't mess with me, you're a freak." Eunhyuk grumbled. Thanks, same goes for you. "But not in the way I thought."

 

"Nice." Donghae sarcastically said.

 

"Why are you like that?" Eunhyuk asked. "I mean you're... Normal, sometimes. Don't you hate it to look like a wimp?" Don't you hate it to be brainless?

 

Donghae stared at the redhead silently before he averted his eyes back on his can of juice. "It's not like I can do anything about it, moron." He said. "I don't control it, ok? I don't want to look like I'm weak but things are like that and I learnt to accept them."

 

"You changed." Eunhyuk stated.

 

Donghae didn't know if the taller was talking about his looks or his personality. He sighed silently. Eunhyuk thought everything was easy and that just because Donghae wanted it, then he could miraculously become more confident. "I didn't change in any ways. Maybe I look better now, but I was already like that before. Just got a haircut and some new clothes. And I'm always that straightforward with people I know. I don't want to gain attention since I can't even speak to people. There's no point. I don't care about what others think about me."

 

"Then why do you talk to me?" The redhead asked. "I'm not the nicest out of them." Not Sherlock, way to state the obvious.

 

Donghae shrugged and shook his head no. If only I knew it.

 

"I don't like you." Eunhyuk stated as he narrowed his eyes. Because you think I do? "I hate weak people, they can't live and sort things by themselves. They don't have a mind on their own, and that's exactly what you are! Don't you always relay on your friend Kyuhyun?! You couldn't even answer back to me when I'm mean with you until just a few days! I ing dislike you!" As if I gave a about whether you like me or not.

 

"If it can comfort you, ing bloody head, I don't like you too." Donghae hissed. "I only bear with you because we have a project to do by the end of the year." Donghae laughed without happiness and got up before he threw a glare at the redhead. "We have to meet up for the project today. Remember the café you went with that girl last time? Five o'clock, don't be late." Or I'll serve you to the customers. Dickhead.

 

"Don't give me orders!" Eunhyuk gritted through his teeth.

 

The other only shrugged before he fled off to the cafeteria to take his bag, and immediately left the cafeteria again to escape into the library, sighing with relief as silence finally surrounded him. He closed his eyes momentarily, frowning when he didn't manage to push Eunhyuk out of his thoughts. He made a pout before he half-heartedly took his books out of his bag, and then worked until the lunch period was over.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk didn't know what he was doing here in the middle of the subway. He didn't know why he had unconsciously walked to the station, went in the wagon and absent-mindedly counted the number of stops he had to wait until he would reach the one he had to go down at. He had put his headphones on and was humming along the melody of the music currently playing.

He leaned back in his seat, closed his eyes and remembered the dance moves he had practiced on this song two months ago. It's been awhile he didn't went to the dance practice room to release some stress through one of his only passions he had ; dancing. He could stay hours and hours in front of the mirror, carelessly moving his body while following the rhythm of a fast or slow song, dancing rough or smooth moves, and leaving his problems behind to let his inner conscience talk instead of himself. When he went out of the subway, the streets were crowded with people from all ages. Ignoring the curious and full of envy stares on him, he slowly made his way to the place Donghae had told him to meet him at.

He wanted to forget as to why he was freaking obeying to that Fish's orders and why the hell he was feeling almost nervous to approach the café. If something could at least comfort him a little was, he was already forty-five minutes late. He stopped in front of the doors and noticed the place was pretty much packed as well. For afar, Donghae was smiling to some customers while taking their orders, before he happily went to the bar and gave the order to a tall Chines-looking man. Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. Here, Donghae seemed so much more outgoing and happy. Half-heartedly, Eunhyuk pushed the door and nonchalantly went in before he sat down at the only available table, near the said counter bar. As soon as he put his headphones down on the table, a bubbly looking man was in front of him with a bright smile. 

 

"Hello, Sir!" He exclaimed. "I'm Sungmin and I -... Oh, wait, I know you right? Aren't you the one Donghae is always talking about?" That Fish is always talking about me...? Seeing Eunhyuk wasn't going to answer, Sungmin continued ; "Eunhyuk, right? The one with the red hair. He always says he doesn't like you."

 

Eunhyuk shrugged. "This isn't like I like him either." He grumbled.

 

Sungmin giggled - He ing giggled! - before he sent him a sparkling glance. "I think you actually like each other."

 

"And I think you're being to familiar with your customers. Seems like you inhaled too much coffee fumes." Eunhyuk scoffed. "I'll take a coffee, please."

 

The bubbly man pouted but nodded nonetheless, before he left him alone and went to the counter bar. Shortly after, a menu slapped the back of his head hardly. With a furious grunt, he turned around to glare at his assailant. Donghae raised an eyebrow at him, before he handed him his coffee. "You're late, . It's already six o'clock."

 

"Like I care." Eunhyuk snorted and took a long gulp of his hot drink.

 

I hope you'll choke yourself with that. Donghae thought. The latter heavily slumped down on the chair in front of the redhead and sighed tiredly, before he asked at the barman a hot chocolate.

 

"Tired?" Eunhyuk asked - though he didn't know why he did.

 

"Hmmm..." Donghae hummed in approval. "It's a busy day today. Too much customers but I like it this way."

 

"You don't seem as stiff as when you're at school."

 

"That's why I like it."

 

A silence fell between the two of them.

Donghae didn't know if it was comfortable or the complete opposite. It was awkward, of course, but something told him he didn't mind and that he sort of liked this relaxing silence surrounding them. He liked it because he knew that with Eunhyuk, he wasn't fated to stay in that silence until the end. They began to talk, but it was only a sharing of grumbles and mumbles. They tried in their own ways to keep the peaceful atmosphere they had just created after an almost benign conversation.

The shorter didn't want to start working on the report just now. He was fine just like that, enjoying a hot chocolate even if he had to bear with someone he didn't like that much. Though he had to admit Eunhyuk could be... okay, when he didn't force himself to turn into an at every opportunities possible.

 

"So..." Eunhyuk cleared his throat, not used to this new kind of atmosphere either. "What did you want to work on?"

 

"I-..." Donghae started. "I found a problematic for the report. If it's okay with you, then we can start working on the plan."

 

Eunhyuk nodded awkwardly, cleared his throat a second time and waited for Donghae to pull his notes out of the bag he had put behind the counter. The redhead read thoroughly the paper, reading the problematic <How did the artists' point of view evolve towards the consumption society after the World War II until the end of the Glorious Thirty?>. As he was about to comment it, a cold hand grabbed him by the shoulder and he was forced to turn around. Donghae looked up and his confident behavior quickly broke into a shy and awkward one, as he looked down at the table, grumbling under his breath at the stupid co-worker he had.

Eunhyuk, as surprised as Donghae was, stared at Hyunah for a good minute, before he spat ; "What the hell are you going here?". He was in an approximately good mood for the past hours and he didn't need his ex-girlfriend-to-be-and-a--above-all to ruin everything.

 

The tall girl had a smirk on her face, which was covered with make-up. Even though the weather was incredibly cold outside, she was wearing a short skirt and had obviously chose a top which would emphasize her s. The way she was standing with a hand on her hip and the contemptuous smirk she had on her face immediately confirmed Donghae's theory about the fact this girl surely was arrogant, obnoxious and really not that pretty. Compared to who Eunhyuk could go out with...

 

"Oh, Oppa!" She tried to whined sweetly. "Didn't you miss me?" Not really, no. Eunhyuk thought. "I missed you sooo much, that Taehee said you guys went on a date, I'll prove her you're only mine." NO, DON'T.

 

She sat down on his lap without hesitation and planted her lips on Eunhyuk's mouth. He tried to push her away, but she clung on him. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Donghae sending him a death glare, practically screaming Get a ing room! at him. Though he would most probably have done it either way, he literally threw the girl off his lap because of Donghae's insistent and stern stare.

 

"What the hell, Hyunah!" He hissed. Let me throw up now...!

 

"Oh, don't be shy Oppa!" She giggled and Donghae swore he was ready to stab her with a spoon.

 

"Can't you see I'm busy?"

 

"What, with that freak?" She scoffed and leaned down to his cheek. "Don't you want to do something else with me, Oppa...?"

 

He hardly grabbed her wrist and yanked her away with a glare. "Get off my sight."

 

He put an end at the conversation by turning his back to her and faced Donghae again who gulped when he met Hyunah's furious eyes. "Fine!" She hissed. "If you come back, then you can dream, er!" As if, you'll be the one crawling back to me...

 

"What was that?" Donghae mumbled as he watched Hyunah stomping back to her own table where two other girls began to gossip with her. "Someone is on her periods."

 

Eunhyuk held back a fit of laughter by awkwardly taking another gulp of coffee.

 

"Who's she anyway?"

 

The redhead blinked at him, before he chuckled. "She's Hyunah, moron." He said. "My girlfriend."

 

"You plan on breaking up with her, right?" The other raised an eyebrow. "Because I'd probably kill her within the next week if I were you."

 

"She's okay." Eunhyuk mumbled and crunched up his nose when Donghae scoffed. 

 

Riiight, and I'm a famous K-pop singer while we're the best friends of the world. Donghae scoffed inwardly. "Liar."

 

"Fine, I don't like her, but it's not like I can get rid of her."

 

"Of course you can, you're just too chicken!" Donghae snorted.

 

"Hey, shut up okay?! I plan on dealing with that later on. Let's work?"

 

"Fine." Donghae said but a smug smirk lingered on his lips. "Chickeeeen..." He continued to whisper.

 

They began to truly work together for the first time, in spite of still bickering with each other.

Hankyung decided to watch over them, kind of worried some unexpected war would explode in the middle of his café at any moment. Slowly, the Dumpling Café had its customers leaving the place and outside the sun wasn't in sight anymore. The sky was already dark and only Eunhyuk and Donghae were left in the café, with Hankyung and Sungmin who were cleaning the tables and the floor. Eventually, Sungmin bid them all goodbye and Hankyung had to remind the two boys that he had to close the shop now.

Donghae nodded absent-mindedly, arguing with Eunhyuk about how they should do the first part of the report.

 

"We have to talk about the economic growth in the first part and then, about the artists!" Eunhyuk said.

 

"Why don't you put it altogether?!" Donghae retorted.

 

"Because, you moron, it's after the economic growth that the artists began to express themselves!" The redhead explained.

 

"This is completely illogical, if you do something in the first part, you do the same thing in the second one!"

 

"You little ing -...!"

 

"Hey, guys, stop a little, ok?" Hankyung soothed them. "Why don't you guys go home, you're at it since 6. It's late already."

 

The two teenagers continued to glower at each other. Hankyung gently hit the shorter's head with a newspaper and sent him a meaningful look. Donghae nodded before he rubbed his eyes slowly. Eunhyuk yawned and stretched his back before he got up. Tiredly, they packed up their notes and pens in their bags without a word and bid their goodbye to Hankyung before they left the place together. They stayed silent again, one with his hands shoved in his pockets, while Donghae absent-mindedly ran his hand through his now short hair.

They didn't need to share any words when they walked together to the same subway station and got up in the same wagon. Neither of them talked for the next five minutes, until Donghae yawned cutely. Eunhyuk smirked before he leaned back in his chair.

 

"I think we worked nicely." He commented. Yes, that's happen when someone helps. "By the way, there's this dude who's always smiling in your workplace. He said you told him you don't like me."

 

"Who...?" Donghae asked in a mumble. "You mean Sungmin hyung?"

 

"Probably." Eunhyuk shrugged. He didn't even know why he was engaging a conversation with Clumsy Donghae, and moreover a conversation about this topic.

 

Donghae didn't answer right away, scrutinizing his vis-à-vis quietly before he rubbed his neck with a grimace.

He didn't know if this fact was still true. Against his own will, his first feeling of hatred he had toward Eunhyuk wasn't as strong as it was at this moment. His mother was right somehow ; if he didn't feel a hint of trust or belief and whatnot toward the redhead, he would most probably haven't been able to retort something to the other. It was still hard for him, but he was aware things were becoming easier in the other's presence. Rude things he thought wasn't always what his brain permitted his mouth to speak up but it was a good start. 

If Donghae had to be honest, he didn't hate Eunhyuk as much as he claimed it. He didn't like him either, mind you, but he was fine. Sometimes. It wasn't a state of friendship yet. They still felt annoyance toward each other but things were evolving.

 

"I don't like you." Donghae said slowly.

 

Immediately angered, Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes. "Well, if you wanted to know, I-"

 

"But that doesn't mean I hate you either." Donghae finished.

 

Eunhyuk lifted his eyebrows in surprise before he blinked. "Oh."

 

"Yeah..."

 

Another silence fell afterwards. Donghae looked away when he noticed from the corner of his eyes that a middle-aged woman rolled her eyes at them.

 

"Whatever. Let's just - I don't know, this is ing embarrassing, let's just see how it goes, ok?" Eunhyuk grumbled. "I get down here. See you, ."

 

Donghae chuckled when he saw how flustered Eunhyuk seemed to be. The latter threw him a glare before he got up from his seat. "Good night, dickhead."

 

Did I just allow myself to befriend with Lee Hyukjae a.k.a. Eunhyuk? This is an upside-down world .


Hello sweet readers!

 

My effing sweet holy ! Over two hundred subscribers?! For this?! ASDFGHJKL. ~ You guys are glorious, I love you :')

Thank you as well to Eunhaeluv and PurpleTurtles for the blogs, it's really, really nice of you!

I hope this chapter didn't disappoint you! More action in the next chapter :D (Probably ~)

 

Thank you for reading ~

Subscribes, comments and upvotes make me a happy unicorn ^O^