Chapter Seven

Naughty Mouth

 

Bittersweet


After a long week punctuated by heavy rain, wind and grey sky, a quite gloomy mood was floating within the high school, in addition of the important upcoming exams of mid-terms. The usual jovial and bubbly attitude of the students during the break had disappeared to let place for a serious and almost depressing atmosphere which surrounded almost the whole high school.

Even Eunhyuk was feeling angry and pissed-off at everything, though he didn't really care about the mid-terms exams. Even if this year was the most crucial of his schooling, since he'd had to chose his university by the end of the school year, Eunhyuk knew he didn't have to worry too much about his grades. Since God-knows-when, Eunhyuk always managed to maintain a satisfying GPA. But this year was different and of course his parents knew it. It's been a long and awful week when he had to cope with his mother's and his father's constant shouting and yelling. He couldn't bear it anymore. His parents were usually never home and he liked it better this way than to have to see their face as soon as he would step a foot into his house. He didn't even feel welcome by his home anymore. He knew his parents were waiting for him from behind the door, probably waiting to tell him how much of a useless boy he was. He had spent the last week crashing at Siwon's house and even if at first it was fine - they were best friends after all, Eunhyuk began to grow more and more annoyed by this situation because first, he hated the fact he wasn't able to go home as he wished anymore ; and second, Siwon could be really annoying, especially when nagging about religion and how wonderful Kyuhyun was.

Trying to find comfort somewhere, and surely not with Hyunah anymore, Eunhyuk continued to wander into the quiet hallways of the high school. It felt like they all went into mourning.

Since the day Hyunah had assaulted him in front of the Fish, Eunhyuk realized he really couldn't stand her anymore. He wished for one and only thing and it was to finally let go of their relationship so he would finally wake up from his self-created illusion of a stable relationship of any sorts with the girl.

Unconsciously, his feet brought him to a unfamiliar place of the high school, one he wasn't used to go. When he eventually stopped staring and glaring at the floor, he found himself standing in front of the library doors. He blinked his eyes twice before he looked around him, confused. How the hell did I end up here? He wondered. A tired yawn erupted from his thin lips and he shook his head lightly before he shrugged and went in the quiet place. Usually, he would have made a face at how silent the library was, but since the whole high school mood was almost worst than here, he didn't bother nagging and walked right away to a secluded table at the back of the room.

He stared at the books on the shelves, sometimes running a finger on some of them, before an English literary work gained his attention. Carefully, he pulled the fragile book out of the shelf and opened it a random page. He saw words and words, all unfamiliar to his Korean alphabet used eyes. Although, he found himself relaxing gradually, reading slowly each sentences even if he could understand only some of them. His eyes glues to the lines of reading, he absent-mindedly walked again toward the table until he bumped into the chair. Groaning slightly with pain, he took his eyes off the literary work to stare into Donghae's surprised eyes. Without a word, he nodded shortly and sat down next to the brunette.

 

"What are you reading?" Donghae softly asked.

 

Eunhyuk shook his head as if to say he didn't even know. Donghae snorted gently and went back to his own stuffs, turning a page of the hardcover he had in front of his eyes.

It was almost intimate ; they didn't share any words, only reading but the only fact they did enjoy each other's quiet and peaceful presence justified how relaxing this moment was for both of them. One to find peace after long hours of revision, the other to forget his worries.

Eventually, the bell had to rang the end of their respective free period. Shooting his head up with a confused expression, Donghae had his mouth open into a surprised gasp and his still present glasses were falling off his nose. Eunhyuk snorted and thoroughly closed the literary work, carefully noting the page before he got up. "Isn't it P.E. we have right now?" He mumbled.

 

Donghae seemed to take notice of the other's presence a second time as he stared at Eunhyuk for a few seconds and nodded while pursuing his lips. Eunhyuk had to refrain himself from smiling at the younger's adorable pout and awkwardly shuffled on his feet instead, waiting for him to finish packing up his stuffs. When Donghae straightened up and began to walk toward the exit, they stood sides by sides, slowly going back to the awful reality of high school. When they walked past the librarian, Eunhyuk mumbled he needed to do something first before he went to the lady. Curious, Donghae watched him stumble toward the woman with an amused smirk.

Eunhyuk stared at the librarian and gulped lightly. He never borrowed anything and this was most probably the first time that woman and him ever met.

 

"Can I... Have this?" He asked unsure.

 

The librarian lifted an eyebrow while Donghae snickered. "No, you can't have this, but I can let you borrow it." She said and took the literary work. "Good choice, young man. This really is a good book. Please give it back in two weeks or else I'll hunt you down." She said sternly. "You can ask Donghae here, he knows what I'm talking about."

 

Eunhyuk turned around and raised an eyebrow at the brunette who only shrugged before the redhead sighed and nodded at the woman. After he had filled up formalities, he finally exited the library feeling proud of himself as he almost clenched the book against his chest.

 

"You look like a child on Christmas' Eve." Donghae commented with a snort. I'm kind of surprised you can even read.

 

"Haha, thank you really much, ," The other grumbled as they arrived near their lockers. Eunhyuk picked his sport's clothes while Donghae shoved his stuffs in his own locker and grabbed a sweater.

 

After a long cycle of swimming for Donghae and volley ball for Eunhyuk, the new sport shift had debuted a week ago, and both of them had picked soccer. When they had ran into each others within the locker room, only silent and awkward glances were shared between the both of them, before they silently agreed to use the same bench. Kyuhyun was supposed to be there as well but true to his lazy nature, no one had seen him near the room at less than one hundred meters away from the door. 

The first game had been absolutely hectic, to say the least. Both teams were randomly constituted and Donghae was teamed up with Eunhyuk. The real issue was, the two sides were mostly friends within themselves and when the game had started, only low and sneaky tricks were used from both camps. Only Donghae and Eunhyuk stayed in retreat, the former completely outraged by this unfair-play and the second one only bored because this wasn't his definition of a soccer game.

Things had been awkward at first for Donghae and Eunhyuk as the weird conversation in the subway wagon was more than just gawky, since the two boys had their previous mindset on the fact they were supposed to dislike each other.

 

They headed toward the locker room in an approximative silence, the both of them immersed into their own thoughts. When they reached the room, it was already filled with other students, most of them shirtless while joking and talking loudly. As soon as Donghae had stepped one foot in, his almost natural attitude disappeared to give room to his usual shy and weak behavior, gaining some mocking smirks from the other boys in the locker room.

 

And here goes nothing. He thought. One day I'll build you guys up into the shower room. One thing he didn't like when he had to change clothes into his sport outfit was, though he didn't mind at all about it in reality, he was almost forced against his will to feel self-conscious as when he took off his shirt or his trousers. He had taken the habit to go hide in one corner and undress discreetly - though it wasn't like students wouldn't make fun of him anyway. As always, he shuffled to a less crowded area of the room and turned his back to the other boys. He heard from one of his ear Eunhyuk's low voice talking to another teenager while he was probably taking off his own clothes. Blushing uncontrollably, Donghae tried to put on his black shirt on him as fast as he could. He felt too much unfamiliar persons around him, even if Eunhyuk was there, and mind you, he's not the most perfect reference. Cursing under his breath, Donghae grabbed his sweatpants and slipped in them at light speed and actually hit a body with his elbow. Quickly apologizing into a low mutter, he looked down for his shoes and bent down to put them on. As he was about to reach for the right one, a harsh kick sent him against the floor. What. The ?!

He groaned in pain as his side of the head hit the wall hardly and turned around in attempt to glare at the jerk who pushed him. Only to gulp unwillingly as Ham Younghyung stared down at him with a mix of mock and anger filling his eyes. Next to him, Eunhyuk was frowning at them, obviously not grasping the situation yet since he was talking with the man just a few seconds ago.

 

"Well, nerd." Younghyung spatted. "This is how you treat other?!" I apologized so leave me the alone. "It's not because people suddenly hae interest in you you can do whatever you want!

 

He only managed to let out a soft whimper and avoided Eunhyuk's eyes. "S - Sorr-"

 

"I don't care about your apologies." Younghyung snarled. "I'm already in a bad mood."

 

Around them, people began to gather to watch the entertaining confrontation between the sunbae and the high school's famous four-eyes nerd Lee Donghae (Or was it Donghee?). Eunhyuk was pushed aside by a tiny boy and immediately shoved him back to his place with a particularly menacing glare, before he struggled to make his way near Younghyung and Donghae.

The latter was curled up against the wall, his features showing fear as if he was begging for help. The redhead stared at him silently, wondering how the both of them ended up in this situation in the first place, before he briefly met Donghae's eyes. Anger. Fury. Hatred. Eunhyuk almost sniggered at this when Donghae's brown orbs were almost screaming at him how much he wanted to rip the tall man's throat into pieces.

 

"What happened?" He asked. "Younghyung hyung?"

 

"That freak hit me in the ribs." The other growled. "I don't like it to be hit, d'you know that, freak?"

 

"I didn't mean to!" Donghae shrieked and almost smacked himself at how fearful and weak he sounded. "I'm so sorry, I-" I want to cut you and feed you to dogs, you zero! I promise you it's going to hurt. Badly.

 

"What if it left a bruise or something, huh?!" Younghyung threw his foot forward and hit Donghae's leg. I hope it'll bleed somehow.

 

It wasn't actually enough to wound him but according to how Donghae winced slightly, it did hurt either ways. Eunhyuk lifted an eyebrow at the stupid question of the sunbae, wondering if he actually asked something that idiotic. An elbow from Donghae was probably not going to do much to your body, except if you have the strength of a tomato. And I'm being nice. Eunhyuk snorted.

Another kick made Donghae hid his face between his legs, letting out soft and pleading sounds. The redhead didn't know where this feeling was coming from, but the urge to shove Younghyung's head into the bench was practically itching his whole body. Donghae and himself didn't have much of a friendship yet, more like a mutual cease fire during a conflict, or an acquaintance. Still, he wanted to protect this interesting and refreshing being he had grown to appreciate somehow, though I repeat, there's no friendship and whatnot, he thought into an inner grumble. his hands and letting out a pissed-off breathe, he walked forward and stopped the older in his track. "Stop it hyung." He said. "This isn't worth it, ok?"

 

"Hey come one, dude!" Someone shouted. "Don't bring the fun down!"

 

Cackles were heard and echoed within the locker room. I want to slaughter you all. Donghae yelled in his mind while his hands were trembling around his head to protect at least his face.

His legs and his left side were hurting from the harsh hits of the sunbae. He gritted his teeth together to the point of almost bleeding. He hated this, even if he had experienced this a few times already. He have been bullied before and in contrary of other people, it wasn't fear or whatsoever he felt within himself, but sheer hatred toward his assailant and himself. He knew he could kill (or at least hurt) them all, if he made the only move of raising his fist and push it into the other's nose, waiting to hear the sickening sound of the bone breaking. But of course, he couldn't do anything about it, or more precisely his body and brain wouldn't let him do any of his darkest dreams.

Feeling incredibly angry and frustrated at the whole world, he briefly glanced at Eunhyuk who was muttering something at Younghyung. If he could, he would have most probably thanked him since the redhead was one of the only persons in this country - maybe even the world - who could figure him out at least a little. Though you didn't need to say I'm worthless. He grunted inwardly.

 

"Okay, let him go." Eunhyuk said.

 

"Why should I?" Younghyung asked with a pissed-off tone. "Don't tell me you're protecting this dweek, Eunhyuk?"

 

Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. "Please. I just don't want to get in trouble with Mr. Kim. He's a real pain in the when he's at it."

 

As Younghyung grunted lowly and tergiversated between avoiding a detention and possibly exclusion, and the thrill of beating the out of a weak and dorky boy in the locker room, Eunhyuk glanced at Donghae. The latter pursued his lips slightly, his look and his body behavior completely in opposite.

 

"Fine." Younghyung growled. "Don't ever mess up again with me, !" I'M GONNA AVADA KEDAVRA YOUR , LARDASS.

 

He kicked Donghae once again, this time aiming successfully his stomach, before he exited the room. Donghae winced and let out a small squeal as pain rushed through his body. The other students followed him shortly after, muttering and voicing out their disappointment. Eunhyuk stayed there casually, finishing to dress up while Donghae was still frozen on the floor, hiding his face. When the last noisy kid left the locker room and that no other noises could be heard except his heavy panting, Donghae stood up with a furious growl all of a sudden. He threw everything on the benches onto the ground, his eyes only showing fury. Eunhyuk stayed still, not knowing what he was supposed to do when a Fish was making a fuss.

 

"I want to kill them..." He snarled. "Those ing little pieces of useless !"

 

"If only that was possible." Eunhyuk mumbled as he plopped down on the bench.

 

Donghae spun around and threw a stinky shirt at his face. "Because you kind of helped me, I won't kill you first."

 

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and crunched up his nose as he shoved the shirt aside. Donghae was still angered to the brim, wandering with infuriated steps around the room like a caged predator. After a few minutes when he continued to curse and hit and punch every things possible, he harshly took off his shirt over his head. 

Eunhyuk had been watching him with an amused and entertained smirk, enjoying somehow the burst of anger Donghae was giving. Moreover, he was being too lazy this awful morning to go out on the field to play soccer with those stupid kids who still thought they could use hands to play. Studying the Fish was way more interesting and he realized it's been a while he didn't scrutinized the other's attitude and every moves. His eyes were thoroughly following Donghae's motion, until the other decided to unexpectedly undress his upper body. Not a good idea, when Eunhyuk's eyes suddenly met Donghae's chest and oh so perfect abs. His gaze now glued to Donghae's well-built figure, he widened his eyes. God, I wasn't expecting this. He thought as the irrational part of his brain was practically screaming to him to get up, and ing touch this.

He blinked twice, completely dumbfounded as he tried with all his will to tear his eyes off Donghae's body.

 

"What the hell are you doing?" He almost shrieked.

 

"Are you ing stupid?" The other hissed. "I'm going to get the out of here. "He said and put his clean shirt on before he removed his trousers.

 

Too much ing skin and muscles at once. Eunhyuk closed his eyes as he discovered for the first time Donghae's well sculpted buttocks, tightly hugged by his dark boxers.

What the hell, what the hell, what the hell... He kept repeating in his head as he squeezed his eyes shut like a and had to restrain himself to let out a loud curse as he felt his cheeks burn up into a dark blush. What the hell?! He quickly peeked at the brunette and was glad to see the latter had put his pants on and that he wasn't paying him any attention which was absolutely unneeded at this awful moment. Palming his face with a discreet but tired and confused sigh, he gulped loudly and got up heavily. "You're skipping?"

 

Donghae rolled his eyes as he continued to stuff angrily his stuffs into his bag. "Don't be such a Saint-Nitouche, coward."

 

Eunhyuk actually felt sort of outraged because if someone did skip classes in this high school, it was incontestably him and no one else. He blinked as he continued to follow Donghae's moves with his eyes, wondering what he was supposed to do now, standing stupidly in the middle of the locker room. Not only did he just faced a major insult toward his ability of class skipping, but he had also confronted a inexplicable and unnecessary blush.

 

"What the holy ing are you waiting for?!" Donghae yelled at him. "You coming or what?!"

 

Eunhyuk wanted to punch that impolite mouth right now and then to remind him who was the real boss in this locker room and even the whole high school, but his mind wasn't working very well so he just stammered for a few seconds before he hurriedly changed himself again. Well that was useful, he thought sarcastically and shoved messily everything back in his bag before he spun around. Donghae threw him a cold look before he stomped out of the room. For a moment, the redhead was tempted to run after the shorter, but after a quick after thought, I'm supposed to be Lee Hyukjae ing Eunhyuk, he humphed loudly, before nonchalantly following Donghae.

The latter was still grumbling unhappily under his breath and rolled his eyes when he noticed Eunhyuk was slowly walking behind him and that he was doing it on purpose. After he picked up his stuffs into his locker, Donghae unlocked his smartphone screen and sent a text message to Kyuhyun, saying he'd better wait for him wherever he was.

Donghae didn't know why he had insisted so Eunhyuk would come with him, wherever he was going anyway. And he was actually even more surprised to see the redhead didn't complain and actually agreed to follow him. After a few seconds when he stared at the taller closing his own locker, he received a message.

 

"Where are we going anyway?" Eunhyuk asked.

 

"At the Dumpling." Donghae replied shortly.

 

"The what?"

 

Donghae rolled his eyes and didn't say anything else before he headed toward the exit, ignoring Eunhyuk's insults reaching his ears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun always wondered why the world was so stupid compared to his incredible intelligence. Proudly sitting as if he was king on his chair at the Dumpling Café, Kyuhyun enjoyed every envious glances people gave him as they walked past him. That's right, look at me. He thought inwardly. This world was just made for him to conquer it. Even Choi Siwon, Best Looking Man of Seoul High School (I'm the best looking man of the world, guys) had to agree with that. Cho Kyuhyun was ing perfect.

So why, why in the world was he best friend with one of the most stupid creature of this planet? Did he do something bad in his past life? Nah, I'm too good for that.

Donghae and him had knew each other basically since they were toddlers. Even since then, Kyuhyun knew the shorter would never compared to his marvelous being in this awful and sad reality - which he contributed to lighten a little more everyday. But still, Donghae was still smart even if less than himself, good-looking and really, Kyuhyun had to admit he was kind of, sort of envious of his beautiful and bright smile.

Staring at the fuming and flushed face which was telling him with a sweet and strong hatred what had just happened just a hour ago, Kyuhyun finally took notice of Eunhyuk's presence besides Donghae. What the hell is that dude doing here? He inwardly lifted an eyebrow, before he glanced at Heechul and Sunah. Heechul was laughing crazily as the eccentric diva he had always been, while Sunah was trying to hide into a hole since one of her students was currently drinking a cappuccino in front of her. Nice life than to have to keep in secret her friendship she had with her bestest looking males.

 

"Stop ing about this, Fish." Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. "If you weren't as stiff as a broom, then he wouldn't have attacked you."

 

Donghae spun around with a fierce glare in his eyes. "Did you just called me a ing fish?!"

 

"So what?"

 

"Oh nothing, you Monkey."

 

Sunah had to restrain herself from laughing as she peeked at the two boys bickering. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at her as well at Heechul. "Will you cut out the act already?" The country's diva asked. "Everybody knows you're a cougar."

 

"Am not!" She shouted out outraged.

 

"Please, you're like three years older than Kyuhyun and I know for sure you guys didn't just played at chess. I did hear the noise coming out from your room guys." Donghae scoffed. Immediately, Eunhyuk widened his eyes, mouth agape.

 

He stared at her English teacher dumbstruck as the woman harshly kicked the brunette under the table. "Shut the hell up, ungrateful Fish!"

 

"I'm not a Fish, Witch!"

 

"You ed the teach?" Eunhyuk asked Kyuhyun who only smirked smugly.

 

"Twice, I have to say." Heechul cackled as he eyed Hankyung's behind.

 

"Will you guys all shut up?" Sunah groaned in embarrassment. "Look, Hyukjae, I-"

 

"My respect for you had just drastically fell right now." The redhead cut her off. "Like, really."

 

Eunhyuk snickered as he watched how desperate Sunah's expression turned into before he glanced at Donghae beside him. He was surprised himself he was sitting there, in the middle of café next to Clumsy Donghae. He was still wondering why he had wanted to follow the brunette up until here and why he wasn't feeling utterly bored and annoyed by this situation. 

Donghae was so much more outgoing and confident with his circle of friends, even though his relationship with Eunhyuk stayed sort of awkward. His anger though helped him to overtake the obstacles his mind had put up. His brows were furrowed and his lips pursued into a somehow cute pout. He was tapping nervously the table with a finger, glancing every five minutes at the two waiters of the café. Eunhyuk couldn't stop staring at Donghae while absent-mindedly sipping his drink, recalling the perfectness of the shorter's body. I don't want to think about that, he grimaced slightly and groaned inwardly when he pictured again the skin that looked so smooth. Where the hell my straightness is gone to?!

Sure enough, those little details didn't go unnoticed under Kyuhyun's and Heechul's accurate eyesight, the both of them smirking as they observed how the redhead was scrutinizing Donghae.

Eventually, Hankyung approached their table with a gentle smile, asking if they wanted anything else. Today wasn't a busy day for the café, so the two waiters and friends were more free to spend some time with the group between two orders.

 

"Oh, I'd like to you very much, Hannie." Heechul wiggled his eyebrows.

 

The Chinese man ignored him right away, keeping his nice smile on his lips and directing his eyes toward anyone else than the eccentric diva. "Anyone?"

 

"Can I have a vanilla coffee please?" Sunah asked with a tired voice. "With a lot of milk, too."

 

Hankyung nodded before he went off to the counter bar.

 

"God, I'd like to tap that one day." Heechul muttered and Kyuhyun threw him a look full of disbelief.

 

"So how are you two doing with your English year project so far?" Sunah asked. "Not too difficult?"

 

"Are you ing kidding me right now, Sunah?" Donghae growled though the young teacher stayed un-phased. "This is utterly annoying, ok?!"

 

"Well, thank you." Eunhyuk retorted sarcastically.

 

Donghae turned around to face him and stared at the redhead. "Okay, fine. It's kind of ok now that you're not such an . But, you have to admit this ing year project is like, the worst idea this woman have ever made."

 

"Hey!" She shouted out.

 

"Whatever, Sunah."

 

Eunhyuk found himself relaxing as they continued to talk together though he was more listening than actually joining the conversation. He had never expected Donghae to be friend with those people, especially with Heechul and Sunah, since they were categorized as the Untouchables of the high school, for one because Heechul was seriously scary, and for two because Sunah was supposed to be a damn teacher and not Kyuhyun's old friend with benefits.

The redhead continued to drink his cappuccino with a smile tugging his lips as he absent-mindedly watched Donghae argue with the English teacher, while Heechul and Kyuhyun sometimes joined to retort a spiteful comments. Quickly, Eunhyuk also noticed that the bubbly blond looking man - Sungmin? - was really close with Kyuhyun, while the shop's boss seemed to have a deeper relationship than just formal with Heechul. He wondered slightly if Kyuhyun was the player kind, as he apparently went out with both Sunah and Sungmin. As much as he didn't want to admit it, Eunhyuk kind of cared for his dumb best friend who thought one day he'll find love at first sight (and apparently Kyuhyun was the one).

A scowl appearing on his face, he sighed heavily before he got up. "I have to go." He mumbled. "Siwon's probably waiting for me right now."

 

Kyuhyun's head shot up when he heard the familiar name.

On his part, Donghae only nodded silently, as he watched the other pay his drink. "Do we meet to work today?" He said. "I think we should but tonight my cousin is coming to my house and I think you don't want to meet him."

 

"Then let's do it another day." Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and shrugged.

 

Donghae scowled at him and folded his arms against his chest. "You have to take this thing seriously, you."

 

Sunah threw him a outraged glare. "Thing?!"

 

"Then what do you propose?" Eunhyuk grumbled. "It's not like we can work in a park, or something."

 

"Can't we go to your house?"

 

"My what?"

 

Donghae raised an eyebrow at him. Kyuhyun got up as well and went to the counter bat to chat with both Heechul and Hankyung. "Your house. The place where you live, dumbstruck."

 

"Haha," Eunhyuk sarcastically chortled. "Really nice, Fish. But I don't see why I should invite you anywhere near my property."

 

"This isn't about inviting anyone, this is about working, ok?" Donghae hissed. It's not like I want to go in your den either. He thought. "I just can't go home with you tonight. Or maybe you want Leeteuk hyung to analyze you from head to toe and discover some nonexistent childhood troubles that explain why you did the crime of dying your head as a tomato?"

 

"No, thank you very much." Eunhyuk gritted through his teeth. "But wait, you mean right now?"

 

Donghae shrugged before he waved at Sunah who was departing after she bid them all goodbye.

 

"No, I have to work this afternoon, just text me your address and I'll get there around six."

 

"How am I supposed to do that, I don't even have your phone number."

 

"Well, well." Heechul snickered as he threw an arm around Eunhyuk's shoulders. "This was one lousy way to ask for his phone number, Eunuch."

 

"My name's Eunhyuk, hyung..."

 

"You never know." The latter retorted and Kyuhyun burst out laughing. "Just give him, Donghell, he's begging for it."

 

"Am not." Eunhyuk protested. "He's the one who wants to barge in my house!"

 

"Whatever, whatever." Donghae rolled his eyes." Here, phone number, please. I have to get to work now, peak hours are approaching."

 

Pursuing his lips, Eunhyuk reluctantly took out his phone out of his back pocket and handed his phone to Donghae while the latter gave him his own. They stayed silent for a short moment, Eunhyuk waiting for Donghae to finish taping his number. The proud expression the shorter showed when he successfully saved his data was almost priceless and Eunhyuk had to hurry himself out of the warm place, mostly because he wanted to smile and squish Donghae's cheeks.

After he unhappily bid them goodbye, he got out of the shop with a grumble, shoving his hands into his pockets with a loud sigh. It was cold outside, his skin almost stung because of this. He buried his nose deeper within his thick scarf and hurriedly made his way toward the subway station. After he hastily texted Siwon to meet him at his house with the hope that his parents weren't there, he leaned back into his seat and closed his eyes. At first, he felt bothered by the loud noises some kids were doing at the other end of the wagon, but as he tried his best to forget about his worries, calm won over his concerns and he found himself relaxing once again. He wasn't really surprised to have Donghae's face popping up in his mind, my mind seems to be ed up already.

Eventually, he went down of the train and lazily walked toward his house, taking his time because he didn't want to meet his parents right now, just when he was feeling better after a long and tiring week. When he reached his neighborhood, he immediately saw Siwon's car parked in front of his house, the tall man leaning like a model against the shining car body. Eunhyuk lifted an eyebrow, it was so Siwon-like. If it wasn't mid-December already, he might even have wore sunglasses. Without a word, Eunhyuk walked past Siwon who followed him to the front door.

 

Nobody was home, thankfully. Eunhyuk immediately released a grateful sound, plopping on the couch as Siwon elegantly sat down next to him.

 

"Where were you?" He asked. "I was looking for you all day, you know? Kyuhyun wasn't there too."

 

"Oh yeah, he confessed to me and now we're boyfriends."

 

Siwon scowled at him and kicked his leg. Eunhyuk chortled slightly and straightened up.

 

"Can I crash here tonight?" Siwon asked. "Or your parents are going to make a fuss?"

 

"Can't. Donghae's coming here later." He grumbled. "Seriously, can you think about something more annoying than that nerd coming here? I'm so damn frustrated right now, you know?"

 

"Huh? But why?"

 

"The project thing, of course! There's only this he's thinking about! He was like, 'yeah we have to take this seriously', 'let's go to your house', 'you don't want to meet a shrink'..."

 

"No, no, I mean, why did you even accepted in the first place if you don't like it?" Siwon raised his shibrows.

 

"I -... Don't know..." Eunhyuk frowned.

 

Siwon sighed and threw him the I knew you were stupid, but really? look. Eunhyuk scowled at him. "Don't look at me like that."

 

He got up and headed toward his bedroom at the second floor while the other followed him. He stared at the mess surrounding the large room, contemplating whether it would seem strange if Donghae saw all his underwear spread all over the floor. "Hey," He called Siwon. "Can you help me clean this room a little bit?"

 

"Again, and I'm sorry if I sound stupid," You always do. "But why do you even want to clean your bedroom, it's not like it's your girlfriend or something who's coming?"

 

"Look, if it's for being annoyingly rude, than you can-"

 

"Don't be such a , I'll help you, you're just acting so weird lately." Siwon laughed. "Donghae, right? Nice."

 

"What the hell nice you're talking about?" Eunhyuk immediately shouted out. "There's no nice, okay? Nothing's nice!"

 

Siwon only rolled his eyes before he crunched up his nose and widely opened the window. "It stinks here."

 

Eunhyuk glared at him and slumped down on his bed.

They began to somewhat tidy the room, half-heartedly shoving inappropriate things under the bed (most of all magazines, but I'm a healthy teenager, ok?) or into the drawers. At some point, they ended up drinking sodas as they watched TV silently. Eunhyuk's mind was now filled with questions and wonders about how his relationship or lack of relationship with Donghae has evolved so greatly the past few weeks. He was still amazed by the Fish's personality, and above all the perfect body the brunette hid under his clothes.

 

"Today, I - ... I kind of saw something I didn't want to." Eunhyuk said. "Like, really."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Donghae's body."

 

Siwon spun around to look at him with eyes out. "Why the hell did you see his body for God's sake?!"

 

"Calm down, dude, we were in the locker room, ok?!" Eunhyuk exclaimed. "Usually he hid himself but today he sort of had an outburst and damn, he has abs!"

 

"Oh... That's not as funny as I thought."

 

"Shut up." Eunhyuk gritted through his teeth. "Siwon, seriously. I blushed, you know? Like... Blushed."

 

"Oww, my little Hyukjae is growing up so fast!" Siwon laughed. "You already lust over his body, don't you?"

 

"What the hell, Siwon!" Eunhyuk shouted out. "You spent too much time with Kyuhyun. I was just surprised, ok?!"

 

"Sure thing. Just keep on dreaming." Siwon rolled his eyes and chuckled when Eunhyuk hit him with a pillow.

 

"I'm straight."

 

"Please, Hyukjae, a rainbow is more straight than you'll ever be. Else, why would you have blushed, huh? This is aaaall about lust and feelings and - aouch!" He cried out with pain when the redhead kicked him in the gut.

 

What lust is he talking about. He grumbled inwardly. Okay, maybe he did think Donghae was sort of really seriously hot with those abs, and yes, he did blushed and almost squealed out like a damn , but no. Please dear God, confirm I'm a damn real straight dude. He almost kneel down to beg.

Maybe it was sort of stereotyped, but he thought Donghae was average concerning muscles and abs and working out. He never knew the shorter hid so much potential under his outfit.

 

I won't complain if I see more of that...

...

Oh-motherly-God.

 

Around the hour of six, he had almost fell asleep until he heard the bell ring loudly in the house. Startled, he straightened up and looked around him confused, before he remembered it was just about time Donghae had to come. Sighing heavily because he felt somehow nervous to show his house to a perfect stranger, he opened the door almost reluctantly.

Donghae glanced at him and nodded shortly, before he followed Eunhyuk in. He took off his shoes and quietly watched around the house. It was big and obviously he could see how rich the Lee family was. It was all white and so wide, but a strange feeling of emptiness emanated out from every rooms of the house. Frowning slightly at this foreign feeling he never knew of every time he visited someone else's house, he awkwardly shoved his hands into his pockets.

 

"Want something to drink?" Eunhyuk asked.

 

"No," He replied. "No thanks, I just drank a huge strawberry milkshake."

 

Eunhyuk spun around and blinked. "Strawberry milkshake? You guys do strawberry milkshake?!"

 

"Well, yeah, we-"

 

"How come I didn't see it?!"

 

"Because you can't read?"

 

"Yah." Eunhyuk scowled.

 

Donghae only threw him a cheeky grin before he climbed up the stairs, ignoring Eunhyuk's protests.

 

"So this is your bedroom." He stated as he barged into Eunhyuk's territory. "Ha, so where did you hide the ?"

 

"Shut up, didn't you want to work?!"

 

Donghae pouted before he agreed with hum. They sat down on the floor, Donghae leaning against the bed while Eunhyuk's back was against the wall. They continued their work where they left it, an comfortable atmosphere floating between them. They were more and more used to each other's presence, actually enjoying the fact they were making ties with different people than the persons they were used to meet everyday.

They worked for two hours or so, to the point that their shoulders hurt and that Eunhyuk had a huge headache throbbing in his temples. He told Donghae he was going to wash his face a little, leaving the shorter who only nodded wordlessly and went to the bathroom. After he refreshed himself with a sigh of relief, he was about to go back to his bedroom when the front of the house opened. Startled by the sound, he looked down at the first floor from the top of the staircase, wondering who it was.

Mrs. Lee's scowling face appeared almost immediately, glaring at him forcefully, before it was his father who noticed him. Humphing angrily, Eunhyuk's mother pointed a blaming finger at him.

And here goes nothing. He sighed inwardly.

 

"Lee Hyukjae!" She shouted. "Where were you all those past days?!"

 

Of course she would immediately begin to scream at him, even though she didn't see him for the past weeks. Never would his parents ever ask anything about hi well-being. Eunhyuk already knew how all this would end eventually ; an argument with yells, full of anger, and he'll escape from this hell once more like he did for so long.

 

"Reply to your mother, Hyukjae." His father menaced.

 

Eunhyuk remembered how many times he had been scared of the old man's glare which was always directed to him. He didn't know if Mr. Lee ever smiled once to him even as a kid.

 

"This is none of your business." Eunhyuk hissed. "What the hell are you still doing here?!"

 

"Oh, because we can't go in our own house when we want to?" His parents climbed up the stairs with a furious attitude but Eunhyuk only glared at them all the way. "It should be us asking this! You can't go in this house whenever you feel like so! I can't tolerate this kind of behavior under this roof, understand?!"

 

"I don't care about what you want and think and whatnot!" Eunhyuk screamed back at his father. "You're never here anyway, so why are you so damn annoying, huh?!"

 

"You're such a useless kid," Mr. Lee retorted. "We worked so much to instruct you, but look how you ended up like. You look like a delinquent!"

 

"As if I care if you instructed me!"

 

"You think you can do something out of your life when you go around and play like you still five-year-old?!" Mrs. Lee spatted.

 

"Look, Mother, I-"

 

"You're just nothing, Lee Hyukjae." Mr. Lee scoffed. "I thought you had potential, I thought you could be someone, but you're not even strong or tough, you're just weak and I even wonder sometimes how I made a son like you. Just remember what happened two years ago, huh? When you jumped down that roo-"

 

"WHOSE FAULT DO YOU THINK IT IS?" Eunhyuk yelled. "WHY DO YOU THINK I DID WHAT I DID?!"

 

"Because you're just a coward." Mrs. Lee scolded.

 

Eunhyuk could feel anger boiling into his veins. He really couldn't believe it ; as soon as his parents had just stepped one foot in the house, the first thing they did was yell at him, cursing him. Hatred was the only thing he could think of at that precise comment. His visions was almost all white because of how furious he was. He wanted to hit something, anything, anybody. Without a second thought, he pushed his parents aside and stormed into his bedroom.

Donghae jolted as Eunhyuk appeared furiously into the room and almost gulped at how angry he seemed.

 

"Are you... okay?"

 

"No." He exclaimed. "How much did you hear?"

 

"Depends of how much you want me." Donghae softly replied.

 

Eunhyuk stared him, at the edge of crying and the need to seek for comfort within Donghae's embrace was itching him. The latter slowly got up and packed up his things, just letting Eunhyuk be and the redhead was thankful for that.

 

"Eunhyuk." Donghae called gently.  "Let's get the hell out of here."

 

 

 

They continued to walk wordlessly, Donghae following Eunhyuk while the latter still looked so vulnerable and angered. He wouldn't say a thing, keeping his head down and close up to his surroundings. Donghae didn't know if he should do anything to comfort the older. Like soothing words or a hug. We're not even friends though, he thought and hence didn't do anything.

Moreover, he didn't want to sound hypocrite and thoughtless if he dared to say he could understand Eunhyuk's feeling, because clearly he couldn't understand this kind of awful situation. He had always been utterly happy with his family, they always were great and caring with him, except some harmless quarrels. But Donghae had never argued to the point of yelling and being insulted so harshly by his parents. He didn't want to judge Eunhyuk either because he wasn't aware of the whole situation and its context. It could be as much as Eunhyuk's faults as his parents'. Although his logical told him to be rational about this, a large part of his mind felt the need to comfort Eunhyuk and curse those two adults who were supposed to give the most out of them to their boy. It wasn't sympathy and pity he felt for Eunhyuk. Only goodwill and annoyance because he could the redhead was angry but above all hurt, and he didn't quite like to see this side of him. He was surprised and sort of pleased to know Eunhyuk was human after all and that he trusted Donghae enough to say in his company after this ordeal. But it also saddened him. Eunhyuk attached so much importance to weaknesses and Donghae was sure the redhead was feeling humiliated and useless right now.

He hated the idea of Eunhyuk suffering. He didn't understand this thought either, initially he would probably think about how great it would have been to be able to make fun of the redhead. Although he could approximately speak up a little, he didn't even think about doing such a horrid thing. I can't be so cruel.

 

"Yah." He called. "I'm hungry."

 

Eunhyuk stopped in his track and glanced back at him. He tried to hide his puffy eyes and the tears that were at the edge of falling down his cheeks. Without waiting for an answer, Donghae grabbed his hand and dragged them to the convenience store across the street. Eunhyuk didn't even think about fighting back, actually enjoying the warmth of Donghae's hand and his presence by his sides.

He felt weak and defenseless. He hated this feeling. If it would have been someone else, he was almost certain he would have send this tactless being away from him. But somehow Donghae didn't bother him. He still felt embarrassed and uncomfortable to know the brunette had discovered so much about his flawed and so imperfect life, but at the same time he felt relieved it was none other than him.

Donghae wandered around the store, smiling gently to the owner before he spotted the instant noodles rays. His eyes almost shining with anticipation, he pulled on Eunhyuk's sleeve a little harder and excitedly stopped in front of the row of ramyeons.

 

"Which one do you want?" He asked. "Chose carefully since you're the one paying for the both of us."

 

"Why should I?" Eunhyuk grumbled as he stared at Donghae picking a sachet and carefully reading the ingredients.

 

"Because I'll cook and I'm a ramyeon cooking chef." The other declared. "Yes, Sir!"

 

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes but a small grin tugged on his lips. He sighed and looked at the instant noodles before he chose the most basic one. Donghae crunched up his nose and mumbled something about not original at all. After they had paid for the food, they both went to sit down at the counter in one corner of the convenience store where was put in disposition cooking utensils for the most basic dishes ; ramyeon and instant food. Grinning widely, Donghae tore open Eunhyuk's sachet and started to cook as he was humming lightly. Eunhyuk settled down at the counter bar and gazed at the other, finding himself immersed into the other soft melody.

Eventually, Donghae put a bowl of steaming ramyeon in front of him and warned him with a glare not to begin before he finished his own. Eunhyuk found himself craving to taste the tasty looking food the shorter had just cooked and he was amazed Donghae even knew how to cook. Shortly after, Donghae let out a happy sound and sat down next to him with a similar bowl of soup.

 

"Here, young man." He said. "Chopsticks and spoon."

 

"Hmm, thanks..." Eunhyuk mumbled and stared at his dish.

 

They began to eat in silence ; sometimes, passer-by would eye their instant noodles, gulping with hunger. Any customers that went in or out of the shop made the little bell ring, only sound that broke their wordless dinner.

 

"I guess I should say sorry or something..." Donghae mumbled eventually as they had both ate half of their bowl. "But I don't see any good reasons that give me this right. I bet you don't need my pity right now. But... I guess if you want to talk to someone, I'm always here." Eunhyuk stayed silent, playing with his noodles. "I just wanted you to know." Donghae concluded.

 

"Why are you being so nice?" Eunhyuk asked. "We first hated each other, remember? And now, it's almost as if we're buddies."

 

"Things change, I guess." Donghae shrugged. "At least, it's not as if we forced each ourselves or something."

 

"It was sort of scary actually."

 

Donghae laughed while agreeing with a happy nod. Eunhyuk smiled as well, before he spoke again ; "Did you ever wonder why you have this bipolarity thing? I mean, you're not as freaky as I thought and still you act like you are."

 

"I am not bipolar, Anchovy." Donghae pouted. "I don't really know either. And trustfully, I don't even know why I can talk to you. The whole theory is that I'm supposed to open up to people I trust. That's what Leeteuk hyung thinks at least." He said. "He says it's my 'naughty mouth', or something..."

 

" 'Naughty mouth'? I don't think this is an actual disease..." Eunhyuk frowned.

 

"I know, right?" Donghae shook his head with exasperation. "Leeteuk hyung is just really crazy."

 

"That sounds like a ual kink or something."

 

"ert."

 

Eunhyuk chuckled before he let out a heavy sigh. "I'm... sorry, for earlier." He mumbled afterwards. "Things are complicated between my parents and I lately."

 

"You don't have to talk if you don't want to, you know?" Donghae said softly. "I mean, you can be sure I won't pity you or something, I'm not this kind of person, still don't fell obliged only because I heard what happened."

 

"No, that's fine. I don't even know why I have to talk about this with you either, but I just need to, ok?" Eunhyuk shrugged. "My parents had always been like that. Perfectionist bastards, always criticizing me and stuffs. It's been a habit to argue with them every time I see them. And because we have to chose an university by the end of the year, they're even more annoying than usual."

 

"Is it because of your parents that you despise weak people so much...?"

 

"I don't know, maybe. Seriously, this is really complicated." Eunhyuk sighed. "But you, you're not weak. You just act like you are. This is really frustrating, you know? But maybe you're right, maybe this is because of my parents' constant remarks..."

 

"Oh. Umm... I can't really say I understand, because trustfully my family is ok, but... I guess this doesn't seem to be easy to deal with. You can always go to my house or something if things go overboard." Donghae said. "Mom likes you, though I don't really know why."

 

"I'm very likeable, thank you very much, Fish." Eunhyuk retorted.

 

"The Fish and the Monkey, then? Weird pairing, honestly."

 

"Yeah, right? I live on the trees and you live underwater. How can those two be friends?"

 

Donghae shrugged and finished his meal with a satisfied smile.

 

"Mother Nature has her reasons, that reason does not know."

 

"That was lousy."

 

"Your whole being is lousy."

 

They stared at each other silently, before they both chuckled. Eventually, they got up and went out of the convenience store, enjoying the cold breeze of the night and headed toward the subway. They chatted comfortably, still bickering in the middle of the empty wagon until Donghae reached his stop.

Eunhyuk watched Donghae as the latter got down of the subway to go home. Friends, huh? I can live with that.


You know this annoying sensation you feel whenever you're unsatisfied? YEAH.

 

This was sort of cheesy, but well, well. I hope you liked this chapter, guise (though I feel like it's failed ._.).

Slow progressing, I know, but the real thing is coming :3

 

And seriously, Kyuhyun, you're my forever top bias. :">

 

Thank you for reading ~ Don't forget to comment and subscribe, you make my day ^O^

 

And just wanted you to know my tweeter is @tranthanhxuanvn :D