Chapter Eight

Naughty Mouth

 

Roller Coaster


"Should I take chips or chocolate bars...?" Donghae wondered out loud while staring at the rays of snacks in front of him.

 

Frowning deeply as if he was confronting the most difficult dilemma possible in the world, Donghae took one of each in his hands, staring intensely at his two favorite snacks. He was currently doing some grocery shopping to prepare his meal for tomorrow ; his high school had prepared a short trip at an amusement park to congratulate them after a long and exhausting week of exams. Donghae was utterly excited by this idea. It was a good way to take a rest and recompense himself to have succeed so greatly all those tests. Moreover, it had been a while since he went to any amusement parks and he was going to make sure he would spend a good time there.

Only the Sophomore classes could come since the Seniors were taking a vacation at a pension near the beach. He recalled with a smile how Heechul had thrown a fit in front of the headmaster's office because he wasn't authorized to come with him. The country's most eccentric diva wasn't really found in any sorts of stuffs that involved water, sand and everything that was related to the organized journey to the pension. Actually, his real motive was to spend some time with Donghae so he could get to know Eunhyuk a little better, trying apparently to figure out if "that weird red head guy is good enough to hang out with my pure and so innocent favorite dongsaeng".

The said dongsaeng rolled his eyes, momentarily forgetting about his current worries that involved junk foods.

 

"Come on, Donghae." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at him, appearing from behind. "You're still not done with this?"

 

Donghae threw him a glare and looked at his arms full with candies and cakes. Of course, the younger and his insatiable weakness for sweet things...

 

"Just chose anything," He said. "Mom said she's going to prepare us a lunch box anyway, just count that as a dessert."

 

"That's nice of her." Donghae mumbled. "But I don't have that much money, you know?"

 

Ignoring the meaningful roll of eyes Kyuhyun threw him, Donghae let out a conflicted sigh, torn between his crave for good and unhealthy junk food, and the hole in his purse all those purchases were creating. At the end, too tempted by the bright smile the model was showing on the wrapping, he eventually decided to pick both stuffs.

 

"Finally." Kyuhyun said."Seriously, you're as slow as a turtle. Or even Choi when he tries to invite me to have lunch with him. By the way, I heard from that giant horse - how did he even get my phone number? - that you went to Eunhyuk's lately?"

 

"This is none of your business, for what I know." Donghae pouted as he walked past the taller. "Let's go pay."

 

"Don't avoid the question, Lee Donghae!" Kyuhyun exclaimed as he struggled with his purchases to point at him a blaming finger. "You never fail to say you don't like him but lately you guys look like you appreciate each other. Just want to know if you didn't try to kill one another or something. So, how did it went? You're both still alive."

 

"Yeah... It was fine, I guess. Things just got weird by the end when his parents barged in."

 

"Oh yeah? Why?" The younger asked as they headed toward the cashiers. "Don't tell me they caught you while having , huh?"

 

Donghae immediately twatted the side of his head, throwing him a glare. "Don't be stupid, you obsessed."

 

"Then what?"

 

"It looked like they don't have a good relationship. I mean, seriously. Worse than yours with Arah noona."

 

"My relationship with Noona is fine though? We do fight but it just playing for us. I mean, I insult her, she insults me, but at the end I'd do anything for Noona."

 

"I know, but imagine this without the playing part. Just the cursing, the glares and the hatred." Donghae said as he put his purchases on the cashier. "I think... I think Eunhyuk did something sort of scary in the past. I mean, his parents were accusing him about jumping down off something...? I don't know, I tried my best not to intrude."

 

"Yeah, I heard rumors that something happened during the last year of elementary school... Apparently he was quite nice before. Like, natural-color haired nice."

 

The brunette hummed while pursuing his lips in a cute pout. "I wonder what happened."

 

Kyuhyun nodded and lifted a shoulder while they walked out the convenience store. "It's not what's important at this moment, Lee Donghae. Now, think about the whole burden-free night I have to play games! Isn't it just wonderful?!"

 

Donghae sighed exasperated as he watched his best friend showing one of his brightest smile. There was no way he could hold a serious conversation for more than thirty minutes with the game addict he had for a best friend. "Sure, Kyuhyun. Sure. But if tomorrow you're exhausted because you didn't get any sleep, don't complain to me."

 

Being the real mature teenager Kyuhyun was, he only stuck out his tongue at the older before they happily headed toward home, excitation palpable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun rubbed his eyes with a yawn as he lazily headed toward the bus which was supposed to drive the students to the amusement park. He had spent the night playing on his computer games, so much more than usual because he had decided if the next day wasn't a regular school one, then he could allow himself to have some fun. He didn't really anticipate the fact he would be so damn tired the next morning, almost cursing his sister who had woke him up too brightly and cheerfully. He loved her, even though they always spent their quality times bickering and cursing each other, but after he had dominated and crushed Alpha18_5's wide kingdom, all he really wanted was to sleep.

His backpack was hanging loosely on one of his shoulder, unusually light because it was only filled with a lunch box and snacks. He blinked tiredly when the welcoming warmth of the bus surrounded him. Without hesitation, he walked straight to the back of the vehicle, his eyes stinging with sleepiness. He heavily collapsed on the seat, not bothering about his surroundings as only his beauty sleep really mattered. He sighed with relief when his back hit the comfy fabric of the bench, all ready to sleep for the next two hours until the bus would eventually reach the amusement park.

 

"Kyuhyun...?"

 

Slowly opening his eyes and blinking tiredly again, the latter turned his head around and met two dark orbs. Siwon, he recognized him immediately. Kyuhyun didn't know why Siwon's figure and voice was now so familiar to him, almost welcoming and warm. It wasn't a bad feeling, but it was new to him somehow. Donghae had always been the closest human being apart from his family who gave him this sort of sensations so far. And even if the feeling was similar, what he seemed to feel in Siwon's presence was still so different than the brotherly affection he had for the other brunette.

He was tempted for a moment to say something nice such as a greeting, but instead just shuffled toward the tall man. Siwon was sitting on the same bench next to the window, showing a surprised but pleased smile. It was actually the very first time Kyuhyun saw him wearing such casual clothes. Not bad. He thought as he eyed the simple jean and the shirt the Siwon had put on.

Wordlessly, he brought his feet up to rest them on the bench again, before he completely laid down, using Siwon's lap as a pillow. Sighing once more in pure exhaustion and contentment, he wrapped an arm around Siwon's leg. The younger almost smirked when he heard the taller hold his breath in shock and confusion.

 

"K - Kyuhyun, what-...?"

 

The brunette merely shushed him quiet by slapping his leg. "I'm sleepy... Just be happy I'm even using you as a pillow." He mumbled.

 

Flabbergasted by the turn of situations, Siwon only stayed frozen as Kyuhyun buried his face against him to find a more comfortable position. A wave of heat hit him hard as a furious blush colored his face. He briefly wondered how all the other students were going to fit in if Kyuhyun already occupied four seats for himself, but his concerns immediately disappeared when he heard Kyuhyun's breathing slow down into a calm pace, his expression softening greatly. Grinning timidly, he gently ran a hand into the beautiful younger's hair with a loving gaze.

People most probably didn't know about it, but it had been a while since Siwon had took interest into Cho Kyuhyun. Even Eunhyuk didn't know it until latter. He remembered the very first time he had met the alluring yet witty brunette he had currently sleeping on his lap. It felt good to feel the younger being so close to him, even if it only was physically. He wanted to believe his feelings for Kyuhyun were honest and real.

Sighing with happiness, he continued to gaze at Kyuhyun, simply hoping this moment would never stop.

Maybe Hyukjae is right after all. I'm seriously cheesy.

 

 

 

"What the hell are those two doing again so early in the morning?" Donghae mumbled as he raised an eyebrow when he saw his best friend sleeping peacefully on Siwon's lap while the other was asleep as well. Rolling his eyes, he decided to not ask further questions and just let them be. He wouldn't ever dare thinking about trying to wake Kyuhyun up, because a kid like him would most probably throw a tantrum if someone bothered him during his sleep. Of course, he played all night again. He rolled his eyes. Games were the younger life motive, he could easily imagine him glued to his laptop screen, cursing loudly to his opponent.

Heading toward the back of the vehicle as well, he sat down on the row in front of Kyuhyun and Siwon after he had put his backpack under his seat. Letting out a soft excited squeal, a wide smile spread on his face. He was anticipating this day so much. He wanted to do so much things but they only had one day to do all. I want to go on the roller coasters, he decided inwardly. And on the Coffee Cup thing too... While he continued to zone out, already planning all the attractions he wanted to do first, the bus became more and more crowded as students went in, laughing and talking too loudly.

 

"Umm... Oppa...?" What the hell, can't you see I'm thinking?!

 

Donghae turned his head in confusion and immediately gulped nervously at one of his old classmate. Not again, seriously. He whined inwardly as his unconfident personality took over control.

 

"Y - Yes...?" Leave me alone, . He lifted an eyebrow when the girl blushed deeply and bit her lower lip. What again? She stumbled on her own feet a little, before she dared raising up her eyes and met Donghae's stare.

 

"I - I wondered if we could - um - sit down together? I - I mean..." She stammered. Oh. That girl, seriously. You insulted me in front of the whole class last year, . Staying silent, he only stared at her, before he noticed the low mutters from her friends who were observing them from another row.

 

"I - I'm sorry, but -"

 

"Just go away." A cold voice spat at her. Donghae shot his head up and almost snickered when he saw Eunhyuk's forceful glare on the poor lady who only gulped. "Are you deaf, I said 'go away'." Apologizing immediately, the girl fled away to her friends, before the redhead heavily slumped down next to the brunette.

 

"That was sort of rude, you know?" Donghae commented as he leaned back against his chair, any sort of awkwardness he could have felt with the girl gone.

 

" the shut up, you know you're thankful I didn't let her annoy you during the whole trip." He grumbled as he closed his eyes. "I'm so ing tired."

 

Donghae sniggered for real this time, earning a pouty glare from his new friend. The older was wearing casual clothes as well ; old jeans with a blue sweater. Shivering lightly, Eunhyuk shoved his hands into his pockets before he looked around him. Behind him, he noticed with disbelief the display of affection Siwon and Kyuhyun were giving to all the students, even though they were merely sleeping like two babies. I bet that giant idiot is thinking about unnecessary things again, he thought bitterly as Siwon's hand was resting on the younger's shoulder. That big moron. Shaking his head, he comfortably sat down again, before he glanced at Donghae. The latter only raised an eyebrow at him, before the redhead looked away.

Donghae chuckled softly. Eunhyuk was so entertaining sometimes.

 

"Did you bring anything to eat?" The latter asked. "I didn't have time to go out and buy stuffs yesterday and you can bet my mother didn't make me anything." He rolled his eyes.

 

"Oh, I did!" Donghae's brown orbs suddenly glittered in sheer excitation as he happily brought his bag on his lap. "I bought a lot, but that's really good, you know? Here, I have Ferrero Rocher's, it's a French snack, and it's sooooo good. Since it's Christmas, they have a lot. Oh - Oh! And there's also Hershey's cookies and cream!"

 

Eunhyuk almost chuckled at how childish Donghae looked like, excitedly explaining why he had chose those snacks with a wide and bright smile. He peeked in the backpack with curiosity, wondering what a Ferrero Rocher was. "Are you serious, you have fish crisps too...?" He said. "Is that even inedible?"

 

"Well, I don't really know." The other frowned and held the wrapping in front of him to read the ingredients. "But isn't it cute though? It's Nemo shape. Look."

 

Donghae was almost amazed by how effortlessly both of them manage to have a conversation as if they were best friends for years. The brunette had the same comfortable feeling he usually felt when he hung out with Kyuhyun. They didn't need to fill any awkward silence nor did they were force to bear each other's company. Donghae actually enjoyed every minutes of it.

Eunhyuk began to make fun of him because of the slight admiration he had for Finding Nemo, his favorite Disney cartoon. Pouting slightly, he only glared at the redhead who was still laughing next to him, before the latter grabbed one of his snack and opened it. They continued to chat for a while, before the redhead eventually claimed he needed to sleep if he wanted to survive throughout the day and make it to dinner. Donghae had chuckled, accusing the older to be too old now to be able to have some real fun. After a vicious slap at the back of his head, Eunhyuk threw him a last glance before he closed his eyes.

Not that bad, Donghae thought. He was leaning against the window, staring at Eunhyuk who was slowly drifting away to sleep, resting his head on his hand which was leaning on the armrest. His red hair were slightly falling in front of his eyes and his expression looked so peaceful at that moment, any traces of frustration, violence or whatnot invisible on his features. Donghae had to admit Eunhyuk really was a handsome man. No doubt half of the high school girls were falling for him, even though he had one unbearable personality. And he could be nice sometimes too.

Donghae had never really cared about feelings, love and whatsoever. He never really felt anything incredible toward anybody, except maybe an inoffensive crush for his old neighbor. He had dated a few times, only to try and see if he really had feelings for his lover, but never had he felt the big and overwhelming sensation of falling in love with somebody.

He was envious of his parents sometimes ; it was love at first sight, they told him. Donghae had always wanted to experienced that, even if there were the risks of a one-sided love. He believe every human of this world had another significant half, and for him the gender didn't matter. He wasn't narrow-minded as was surely half of the high school. He didn't care if the one he would love was a man or a woman. What he wanted was to feel feelings that were so strong he would clung on his one and only for the rest of his life.

Staring out the window, Donghae wondered if he would ever live this kind of situation. It sounds like a fairy tail, he crunched up his nose. How cheesy, seriously. Shaking his head with exasperation, he decided to take a nap as well, leaning back in his chair comfortably, covering his head with his hoodie before he closed his eyes and joined the other students into a peaceful sleep.

 

The sudden stop of the vehicle made Eunhyuk jolt in his sleep as he abruptly woke up. Confused, he looked at his surroundings, wondering where the hell he was, before his eyesight caught the view of a sleeping brunette just next to him. Blinking, he immediately recognized the smooth and handsome features of Donghae. The latter was snuggled up against his arm, his nose buried into the fabric of his sweater, giving to the redhead a comfortable warmth. Around them, people began to wake up as well, and he heard faintly the muffled sound of Siwon yawning, his back most probably aching horribly since he had done his best to not move so he wouldn't bother Kyuhyun's sleep. Eventually, Eunhyuk lightly shook Donghae's arm, trying to wake the younger up. He looked so cute and defenseless at that moment that Eunhyuk didn't dare to punch him harshly so he would finally open his eyes. Groaning with discomfort, Donghae only ended up clinging on Eunhyuk's arm tighter, letting out a relieved sigh.

 

"Hey, Big Fish," Eunhyuk called softly. "Wake up, we're here already."

 

Lazily, the brunette opened one eye and glanced at Eunhyuk. Noticing their position, he merely yawned and rubbed his eyes. "I don't care, I'm sleepy and you're really seriously comfortable."

 

"I get that a lot, now can you move?" Eunhyuk chuckled. "I want to go out and have fun."

 

"You're not funnyyy!" Donghae whined but let the older go nonetheless. His mind still cloudy with tiredness, he slowly got up and grabbed his bag to hug it as if it was a pillow. Yawning another time, he blinked his eyes and tried to gain some energy before he followed the other students out of the vehicle.

 

It was a beautiful day for this period of the year. It was even less cooler than usual, enabling the teenagers to fully enjoy this brake from their long and tiring schooling. Smiling happily, Donghae joined the crowd of students who were waiting for their professors to finally let them go in and have the time of their life. Beside him, Kyuhyun seemed much more awake compared to his lethargic state in the bus, while Siwon was grinning brightly, talking so cheerfully and excitedly to Eunhyuk who only rolled his eyes. Snorting discreetly, Donghae raised an eyebrow at his best friend who only shrugged.

The professor warned them about their expected behavior into the amusement park, and at what time they wanted them to gather tonight. Rolling his eyes throughout the whole speech, Donghae began to impatiently tap his foot against the ground, feeling more and more frustrated to see the gates of the park just a few meters in front of him and still he had to bear with this old rag's long and bothersome talking. Sniggering next to him when he noticed how displeased Donghae was, Eunhyuk raised a mocking eyebrow at him, but the younger only ignored him, almost skipping inside the park when the professor finally let them go.

The crowd dispersed into numerous groups of friends, and only remained Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon and Kyuhyun. The two last ones were walking ahead the others, looking at a map of the place, Siwon pointing a few attraction with excitation.

 

"Don't tell me he's going to bring Kyuhyun to a couple attraction or something?" Donghae asked Eunhyuk who shoved his hands into his coat's pockets.

 

"That's really probable." The other snickered. "Siwon's really special in his own way."

 

"He seems to be genuinely into Kyuhyun, no?"

 

"Yep." Eunhyuk only shrugged. "Well, your friend is kind of handsome too, I guess. Interesting somehow with his witty personality."

 

"Oh, don't tell me you're into him too." Donghae rolled his eyes. "Because I think I'd prefer him going out with Siwon rather than you."

 

"What's that supposed to mean, Nemo?" He narrowed his eyes. "I'm a perfect boyfriend material, ok?"

 

"Oh, pleaaaase. I bet you cheat on your girlfriends every weeks or something."

 

"Hey, that's not true!"

 

"Then who was that girl I saw you with at the café? I don't think she was Hyunhyun or whatever, because even though it sounds almost impossible, because that chick seriously was despicable, she seemed almost nicer than Hyunhyun."

 

"Who the hell Hyunhyun is?"

 

"Isn't she your girlfriend? Hyunhyun?"

 

"It's Hyunah, moron." Eunhyuk burst out laughing. "Gosh, you're such a stupid kid. And don't be jealous, we're friends for barely three days and you're already acting like a mad girlfriend."

 

"I'm not jealous, bastard!" I am so not jealous! "Go back to reality!"

 

Unexpectedly, the redhead grabbed Donghae's arm and hardly pinched the latter's face.

 

"Aouch!" He cried out. "Are you mad, it hurts!"

 

"Then, isn't it reality?"

 

" you."

 

"Hmm, nah, you're not really my type." Eunhyuk snorted.

 

Donghae let out a furious sigh and kicked the older in the leg, before he arrogantly walked ahead, already planning to go straight to one of the numerous roller coasters of the park. Grumbling unhappily, Eunhyuk followed him while Siwon and Kyuhyun were already out of sight for fifteen good minutes, probably playing on their own, the younger of them taking advantage of the giant brainless ; at least, that's how Eunhyuk saw it.

 

"So what are we doing first?" Donghae asked.

 

"Who said I want to do anything with you?"

 

"Please, don't give me the act, just say it, I didn't come here for anything." Look at him, trying to act tough. "I want to go to the Coffee Cup first."

 

"Isn't that the Alice in Wonderland thing? You've got to be kidding me, fishy Fish."

 

"Nope. And by the way, yes, we're also going to watch the Finding Nemo performance which will be held at the theater." Donghae innocently smiled at him.

 

Donghae didn't let him the time to complain that he was already dragging him through the crowd by pulling on his sleeve, ignoring the loud protests of the redhead. People were curiously glancing at them, and some classmates stared at them surprised, not used to see both of them together. Moreover they seemed so friendly. Now that they were thinking about it, Donghae and Eunhyuk sort of fit together, handsome and really attractive somehow ; one emanated a charismatic bad boy aura while the other showed dorkiness and shyness.

Well, that wasn't really the actual facts, but Donghae and Eunhyuk couldn't care less as they joined the line to have a round of the Coffee Cup attraction. Smiling excitedly while Eunhyuk was rolling his eyes with exasperation, Donghae shoved in his hands into his coat, watching thoroughly around, trying to find any interesting activities. The park really was huge, and even though it was still early in the morning, there were already many people enjoying the place.

"Hey," He called. "Did you see that, they send strawberry milk over there!"

 

"What? Where, who?!"

 

Donghae burst out laughing. "You really are addicted to that drink, right?"

 

"Shut up and tell me where it is!" He hissed. "We have for fifteen minutes still of queuing so hurry!"

 

"Here." Donghae pointed a small stall, and without further hesitations, Eunhyuk quickly made his way to the old seller. Shaking his head with a slight smile, the brunette couldn't help himself to find the other incredibly cute compared to his usual rough and menacing aura when he was acting like a child while sipping happily from his milk.

The redhead quickly came back, his cheeks red from the cold and with happiness, while he was holding a plastic bag. He handed it over to Donghae who lifted an eyebrow at him. The latter opened it and was surprised to find packs of milk, one of strawberry and another of chocolate.

 

"Do I get to chose?"

 

"Of course not." Eunhyuk immediately spat. "The strawberry one is for me!"

 

"Fine." He shrugged. "I prefer chocolate anyway."

 

"Wait, what? You don't like strawberry? Are you stupid, are you insane?!"

 

Blinking with confusion, Donghae stared at the older rambling about how useful and incredible strawberries were for the world with disbelief, the redhead using exaggerated motions with a frown plastered on his face. Is he really serious right now? He almost laughed out loud, but decided it was much more funny to see the other argue about his obsession over strawberries rather than tell him he hated them though it wasn't true. Or maybe I should... He mischievously thought.

Eventually, it was finally their turn at the Coffee Cup, efficiently shutting Eunhyuk's mouth up during his vehement speech. Daring each other through challenging glances, as soon as the attraction had started, both of them had put all their strength to make the cup turn as fast as possible. They were laughing incredibly loud and happily, never letting the other rest even one second at the unbelievable speed they were using. Call it pride, but both of them had mentally swore to not lose first in front of the other, or in other words, I can't throw up first. When their turn was over, they both held on tight together, trying to get over the dizziness while laughing crazily, gaining more curious stares.

The afternoon went by this way, both of them spending time alone, going to all the roller coasters possible, even the small attractions for kids just to annoy the other. They didn't bother look at the time or worry about the others, only thinking about their own joy and happiness, enjoying everything this day could offer them. They grew more and more close to one another, genuinely appreciating the other's presence, glad they were now friends. Donghae was happy and peaceful, and he never knew he could have felt this with Eunhyuk next to him. He was perplexed because of the drastic change of feelings he had toward the redhead, and it actually was sort of scary ; no less than two weeks ago, he would have gladly rip that milky white throat without hesitation. Staring at the older next to him who was trying to beat him at an arcade game, Donghae found him looking rather nice and friendly, with his wide gummy smile. Who would have guessed I'd find him charming one day...? He sighed inwardly, before he realized he was horribly losing to this monkey-looking guy.

At some point, after they had lunch in a sponsored fast-food, the brunette claimed it was time to go to the Finding Nemo performance. Eunhyuk stared at him horrified, thinking it was a stupid joke, before the younger effectively dragged him with a smile showing his anticipation. Grumbling unhappily and whining because it was too embarrassing, the redhead didn't stop complain during the whole stand-by while the theater hall was becoming more and more crowded. Merely ignoring him, Donghae only watched around him, smiling at the little girl who was sitting next to him. But when the curtains rose, Donghae seemed so amazed by all those actors walking back and forth on the scene, wearing ridiculous and horrible orange outfit, that Eunhyuk suddenly shut up. The younger was completely immersed into the play, his eyes almost glittering with joy. And for an orange talking fish. Maybe that's not so bad... The redhead thought as he leaned back in his chair, only staring at the brunette.

 

 

 

"I want to go on the Ferris wheel." Donghae declared after they finally exited the theater hall. Eunhyuk was completely exhausted, as much as physically than mentally ; it's been hours they were walking around the amusement park, and the horrible performance Donghae had wanted to watch was too much for his manly-used mind. He wanted guns and fights, for God's sake.

 

"I won't follow you anymore in your weird ideas, Lee ing Donghae!" He shouted out. "I want to go on a freaking scary roller coaster, so you shut your mouth up and you do as I wish, slave!"

 

Donghae raised an eyebrow at him while he remained eating his lollipop. "I want to go on the Ferris wheel." He repeated stubbornly. Shut the hell up and come with me, bastard. "Stop acting like a child and be nice."

 

"But do you know how long is the line for this attraction?! It's like, at least one hour and a half!"

 

"It's worth it." Donghae retorted. "You're just an impatient kid. Come on, Monkey. Don't be such a ."

 

"Where the hell is your scrawny and shy attitude gone to?" Eunhyuk whined. "For once, let it just come back so I can bully you a little bit."

 

Donghae energetically threw his foot forward and it successfully hit Eunhyuk's tibia, erupting a cry of pain out of his throat. "As I said, Lee Eunhyuk. Be nice." Without waiting for an answer, he spun around and enthusiastically walked ahead, heading toward the bright Ferris wheel.

 

Rolling his eyes with exasperation, Eunhyuk didn't have any other choices than follow him if he didn't want to be left alone. When they reached the Ferris wheel attraction, he closed his eyes briefly at the headache he could see coming in his temples as he eyes the enormously long line. It was so depressing to go on and queue up and realize you were the very last one, most probably forced to wait for hours.

 

"Let's go somewhere else." He said. "You're not a child anymore, this thing is so boring and did you see how long is the line?"

 

"You're just an impatient bastard." Donghae hummed absent-mindedly, before he rested on him a serious gaze. "If you want to have good things happening in your life, learn to deserve them. If you want to eat greatly, learn to wait it to be perfectly cooked. It gives you something, but you always have to give something in return, Eunhyuk. Be patient, and you'll see it worth it."

 

"Why are you so learned, suddenly?"

 

"Because I really want to go on the Ferris wheel. And I'm serious about this, Mister. You're too impatient with everything ; spring won't come quicker just if you ask it to."

 

"You're talking nonsense again."

 

"Shut up, will you?" Donghae pouted. "Here." He handed the taller one of his iPod earplugs before he turned the volume at its maximum, taping his foot on the ground while following the quick rhythm of the song.

It seemed like an eternity for Eunhyuk, just waiting there and going forward with one or two steps every ten minutes. Next to him, Donghae didn't seem to care at all, just standing next to him as if nothing mattered to him. Eunhyuk wasn't used to wait for anything, even if he had wished to. His life was too mad and flawed to let him rest and take the time to enjoy some mere leisure ; his parents had always told him how important was the time, how treacherous a clock could be, and ho much money and important things people could lose if they even spared one minute of their precious time. Being forced to wait like this, for something that didn't seem like it was going to give him much, sounded properly stupid and unreasonable for him. He couldn't understand Donghae's way of thinking, more than before. But it looked like Donghae knew what Eunhyuk didn't, and the redhead had the feeling the shorter wanted to teach him things he needed to learn.

Sighing in defeat, Eunhyuk finally let go of his annoyance and let himself drown into the melody, trying to find the comfort Donghae had found. The latter felt the other relax slightly, as if he had gave up on his former stubborn idea of how stupid waiting for hours was stupid. Grinning proudly, the brunette shoved his hands in his coat and gave to the other an amused smirk, who only threw him a look.

The wait really was never-ending. Even Donghae had realized it, but when they were able to go in the cabinet, a wide and relieved smile crept on his face. Eunhyuk let out a deep sigh of exhaustion, immediately leaning his head against the cabinet's wall and closing his eyes. Slowly, they began to raise up in the air. Outside, even though it was only mid-afternoon, the sky was already dark while the sun was slowly disappearing behind the clouds. Bright red and orange rays were shining everywhere, showing a so beautiful sunset.

 

"You should look." He said quietly. "Eunhyuk, I'm serious, look at that."

 

Lazily, the redhead opened his eyes and stared curiously at his vis-à-vis before he turned his gaze outside the window.

The vision struck him. He didn't know he was going to witness such a beautiful thing. "It's... Wow." He only managed to whisper.

 

"Now, you know why I wanted to go in there!"

 

Narrowing his eyes at Donghae, he only humphed and remained staring at the sunset.

 

"Can I ask you something?" Donghae said softly.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Why... Why can't I call you Hyukjae? Isn't it your real name?"

 

Eunhyuk stayed silent for a few seconds, before he torn his eyes off the scene. "I just don't like it. It's not important."

 

"It's nice, though? I like it." Donghae shrugged. "If you don't want me to call you like that, then fine. But... - yeah."

 

Eunhyuk sighed heavily. "We'll see. It's not against you, but the only few persons who call me that, are my parents and Siwon. And that's because they know me for a damn long time. It's not like I want it either."

 

Donghae nodded quietly. "I understand. I guess."

 

"But thank you. For dragging me there, I mean. It's... really beautiful, this view. I'm glad I came, and I'm glad you're such a stubborn sissy."

 

"Tss... Look who's talking." Donghae snorted. You're welcome.

 

 

 

As soon as the two boys stepped into the warm bus, they immediately claimed two seats at the back, sighing with relief after they had just escape the chilly upcoming night. Neither of them said a word at first, just closing their eyes and enjoying the comfy chair they were currently leaning against, taking the time to gain some energy back after a wonderful yet exhausting day. It seemed like they were the first to arrive, even the teachers weren't there yet.

Donghae didn't bother wondering where were everybody, only thinking about his own self ; he closed his eyes and without asking for permission, rested his head on Eunhyuk's shoulder. The latter grumbled slightly but didn't complain, as tired as he was. The brunette shivered lightly because the bus driver had let the doors open after he had went out to consume a cigarette. Cursing him under his breath, he unconsciously snuggled up closer to Eunhyuk's sweet warmth, already letting his tiredness win over him. The redhead stayed silent, too tired to mind and even if he didn't want to only sleep, he had to admit Donghae didn't bother him that much anymore.

Eventually, all their classmates came back to the vehicle, and Siwon and Kyuhyun greeted them with a silent wave of hands. The latter raised an eyebrow at Donghae only lifted one shoulder as if to say he didn't have anything to explain. When the teachers made sure all the students were back, the bus finally moved on the road and drove them back to the high school.

The vehicle became dead silent, almost everybody was already asleep. The two friends enjoyed each other's warmth and presence. Donghae's sleeping was punctuated by colorful yet agitated dreams, ones that made you wonder if you were whether in reality or not. Against his own will, Eunhyuk's gummy smile and striking red hair invaded his mind within a cloudy memory he couldn't figure out, making him bury his nose closer into the taller's arm. When another shiver ran down his spine, the need to seek for a comforting heat almost made him wake up, when suddenly a strong arm sneaked around him and pulled him against the redhead's chest. The latter's head rested on the brunette's one, snorting almost inaudibly, as the night became darker and darker.

 

Behind them, Kyuhyun sniggered softly when he noticed the redhead unconscious possessive behavior. He was most probably the only one still awake in the bus. He leaned back in his seat, impressed as well by the incredible development between those two boys. He almost wanted to bang his head against a wall when he saw the two teenagers acting as if they hated each other when the only thing he could see was an awful . He grabbed a lollipop with a roll of eyes ; Donghae has never been one to be easy to figure out, even if you were as close as himself was, knowing that he was supposed to be his best friend. But when you learn to know him, he was one good fellow, though Donghwa and himself were at fault for his sharp tongue.

Kyuhyun was the kind to live at night and sleep during the day ; he loved to have fun, to feel the thrill and the rush of adrenaline running through his veins. Above all, he found himself enjoying almost with sadism people struggle with their problems, and he had to admit he was having one hell of a fun. Eunhyuk and Donghae were merely stupid, and genuinely entertaining, even when doing nothing more than just sleeping soundlessly. Asking Sunah to put them together for the English project really wasn't a bad idea after all... He smirked proudly.

Next to him, Siwon made a faint noise in his sleep, shuffling closer to Kyuhyun's side. Lifting an eyebrow at the sleeping figure, he watched the taller man snuggling against him and resting his head on his shoulder. His sweet and manly perfume caressed his nostrils and he inhaled deeply. In other circumstances, Kyuhyun knew he would have simply threw the man aside, not bothering at all about his well-being except if it would advantage his own. Only few people were allowed to peek at some of his kind moments and he didn't want to know why he let Siwon use his shoulder as a pillow without immediately asking him for a paying back. Sighing confusedly, he merely shook his head with exasperation. Maybe you're not too bad yourself either.

 

After what seemed like a split of second for Donghae, the lights of the bus suddenly flickered on, startling Donghae in his sleep. Groaning in discomfort, he was forced to slowly open his eyes. Around him, students were trying to wake up as well, their state of mind as blurry as his. Letting out a soft yawn, he realized after some time that he wasn't sitting in his chair, but in Eunhyuk's embrace once again. His arms were wrapped around the older's waist while his face was buried into his sweater, while Eunhyuk had also rested one of his hand on his lower back. I probably should scream at ual harassment. He thought but he was feeling so comfortable suddenly that he didn't make a move and waited for Eunhyuk to react.

The latter jolted in his own sleep as well, lazily opening his eyes when the strong lights blinded him. What the hell... He cursed inwardly when a deep yawn erupted from his throat. He tried to stretch his arms when a movement against his chest made him look down at his lap. Staying perfectly silent, he stared at Donghae's brow hair while the latter's face was resting on his stomach. What the hell. Donghae was too close, way too close for his liking. He could see all his smooth features, his plump and pink lips and his disheveled hair were tickling his throat. One of his own hands was on the brunette's back, as if to keep him close to himself.

Eunhyuk tried as hard as possible to find something troubling in this position - at this whole situation, actually. But he found none, and maybe that was even more frustrating. He liked to feel Donghae's body tightly against his own. The brunette looked up and blinked at him, before he sleepily gave him a small smile. Too beautiful, his mind screamed at him. His eyes were immediately drown to the other's ones, before he glanced at Donghae's lips with a sudden overwhelming heat growing in the pit of his stomach.

Neither of them said anything, feeling the abrupt tension in the atmosphere.

 

"Okay kids!" The teacher suddenly yelled in the vehicle, making the both of them jolt in surprise. "We're here so please go down and I'll call you one by one before you can all go back to home."

 

Eunhyuk hurriedly took his hand away before he awkwardly cleared his throat. "We should stop ending up sleeping on each other." He joked.

 

Donghae straightened up himself before he chuckled. "Yeah, right. Not my fault if you're comfy."

 

"Once again, I get that lot, but thank you anyway." Eunhyuk smirked.

 

Donghae slapped his arm with a pout, accusing him to be an arrogant bastard, before they both got up and went out of the bus, eager to go home and rest in an actual bed.

 

 

 

Donghae let out a loud yawn when he opened the front door of his house, ruffling his hair tiredly as he took out his shoes. It was barely 10 o'clock and all his family was still awake ; the lights were all on and he could see the TV spurting the news loudly. Grumbling inaudibly, he heavily made his way to the living-room where he slumped down into his father's arms.

 

"Daddy..." He whined. "I'm so sleepy...!"

 

"Then go sleep, son." Mrs. Lee rolled his eyes at his son playfully. "What a child you are."

 

"Yeah, Donghae, go away so I can watch TV peacefully." Donghwa kicked his leg. "I can't see anything anymore."

 

Donghae dragged his body to settle down between his brother and his father with a tired sigh. "Where's Mom?" He asked. "Is she already asleep?"

 

"She's taking a bath." His father replied absent-mindedly. "Go change your clothes and she'll be done when you come back."

 

Donghae nodded silently before he got up and lazily climbed the stairs to go to his bedroom. He faintly heard water sounds coming from the bathroom at the end of the hall. He glanced quickly at the door before he disappeared in his room. He didn't bother turning the lights on, enjoying the peaceful silent before he collapsed on his bed and closed his tired eyes. It has been an exhausting day, he thought. Too much happened. He was about to get up and change into his pajamas when he felt his phone buzz in his back pocket. Groaning unhappily, he took it out and unlocked the screen without taking notice of the ID number.

 

"What?" He immediately spat, expecting his vis-à-vis to be Kyuhyun.

 

Muffled sniffles reached his ear as nobody replied right away. Confused, he sat up on his bed. "Hello?" He called. Heavy and pained pants answered him, before he began to worry. "I'm sorry but - who is it?"

 

"Donghae...?" A deep and low voice suddenly spoke. Eunhyuk. Instead of feeling relieved, his concerns only grew bigger.

 

"Eunhyuk?! Hey, dude, what is it?" He exclaimed. Why are you crying?! "Hey, is everything alright?"

 

"Can I... Can we meet up, please?" Eunhyuk's weak voice reach his ear.

 

What happened? Donghae wondered. We left the high school bare ly one hour and half ago... His heart hurt just at the mere thought of Eunhyuk crying.

 

"Of course, come to my house." He said. "I'm waiting."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything within Eunhyuk's mind was cloudy and blurred by his wet tears. His cheeks were completely soaked and he couldn't stop sobbing as his legs heavily dragged him through the slightly familiar streets of the neighborhood.

It gives you something, but you always have to give something in return, Donghae had said. He had been right of course. He had spent such a wonderful day and everything had been screwed up just after he had went home, hoping to spend a flawless night. He had just wanted to sleep and nothing else, forgetting about his initial apprehension of merely going home since the start of the month. He had forgot that his parents were there, more than they have ever been, waiting for him and to hurt him.

 

You useless kid! I'm so ashamed of you! Moron, idiot, coward!

 

And hurt he was.
Tonight's fight had been more violent than usual, even if only words were used during the argument. Although, each words his parents had thrown at him were still hurting his heart like knives stabbing him. I am so weak. He thought. Why do I keep crying, why do I feel so hurt when I don't want to care in the first place?!

Her mother's harsh sentences and his father's menacing glares were engraved in his memory, making him wince as he slowly approached his goal.

He didn't know why he had wanted to see Donghae's smile and to hear his laughter as soon as he had escaped the hell his home had transformed into. He didn't know why he felt so comforted to know the brunette had almost immediately agreed to welcome him at his house.

Everything was too blurry for him to understand as he finally reached the house.

Sitting on the front stairs, Donghae was waiting for him with a sweater, looking obviously worried. Trying to gather his courage, Eunhyuk tried to stop his crying by taking deep breaths.

When the brunette noticed him, he immediately got up and walked toward him. "Are you alright?" He asked. I'm fine, Eunhyuk wanted to reply, but instead, he ended up bursting out in tears again.

Wordlessly, Donghae brought him against his chest, letting Eunhyuk be. "It's okay." He murmured. "It's okay, Eunhyuk... It's fine."


I'm not really satisfied with this -- But I hope you enjoyed it anyway :D

Either way, don't you feel like there's a lot of sleepy state in that chapter XD That's because I'm tired too :"> I have a lot of homewords but thankfully it's Christmas holiday starting from Saturday :D

And since it's vacation, I don't know if I'm going to update a chapter during the next two weeks. Moreover, I still don't know what will happen in the next chapter. We'll probably know more about Eunhyuk's past and some progression with their relationship.

I hope this chapter didn't disappoint you! There are a lot of Eunhae moments :3 I inserted some Wonkyu too because I was asked to (you know who you are ;) ) and they're cute anyway.

 

Thank you for reading ~ !

I'm so thankful you guys keep reading this story :') We already have 281 subscribers *^* Thank youuuuuuuu <3

 

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote please ~

 

P.-S. : We have a new poster :D Thank you very much to BunniesOnTheMoon of ♛ || “Red Thread Graphics Shop” || ♛!