Chapter Three

Naughty Mouth

 

We Met in a Café


Donghae pressed his cheek against the cold window of the bus, admiring the streets of Seoul. The weather wasn't so good, autumn was slowly coming to an end, leaving his place to the upcoming winter. People were buried into their thick scarf and coat. Slowly, Donghae began to recognize his surroundings. It's been over thirty minutes that he was taking this bus, staring absent-mindedly to nowhere. When he realized he was going down at the next stop, he got up to leave his place to an old woman who sweetly thanked him with a smile. After he got down of the stinky bus, Donghae shivered lightly because of the breeze and quickly made his way on those streets he knew well by now. He was walking slowly, still lost in his thoughts.

After many struggles between his little problem and Eunhyuk's complete lack of interest toward the year project, Donghae was proud to say he managed to stuck the latter with him at least once a week so they could work a little on it. He had to negotiate with the redhead for at least one hour before he could finally figure something out of this. He didn't know where they had to meet up yet but this progress looked like the first step on the Moon for him. Moreover, he was also happy that his tongue finally decided to help him a little today or else he would still be stuck in the library, trying to choke himself with his notes. Even though he had made a big progress, Donghae couldn't help himself to feel annoyed and he needed to calm down quickly.

Fortunately, Donghae finally reached the high building of the street. He hurriedly went in to escape from the slight coldness of outside and bowed to the caretaker of the building then pressed the button to call the elevator.

Donghae didn't know why but after his little outburst (if you can call that an outburst), Eunhyuk didn't stop to scrutinize him the whole time, to the point Donghae had to hide his embarrassed blush. He didn't like it, he felt like the redhead was able to read him like an opened book, even though nobody could deny how ambiguous he was compared to common people. Still, Donghae felt uncomfortable in his presence and he wanted only one thing ; to get over with this annoying report which only brought him problems from the start.

When the elevator reached the floor Donghae had to go down at, he casually pressed the bell button of his psychiatrist office with a small sigh. It's been a while since he went there. His shrink thought things were getting better but after his frustrating encounter with Eunhyuk, he had only the choice to take an appointment right away. He needed to calm his messed up feelings. He wanted to talk with someone, and who better than a professional. The secretary brightly opened the door for him and told him to wait in the room adjacent to his shrink's office. When the woman left him alone, Donghae didn't wait any seconds though and pushed the office's door open without any warning.

 

"Leeteuk hyung!" He exclaimed.

 

And then his eyes landed on the said Leeteuk hyung. He cocked an eyebrow at him who obviously wasn't alone. Nope, that's for sure... He thought. He stared silently at his hyung hovered by a muscular man who Donghae knew was Kim Kangin, the holder of the management office across the street. They were in a quite embarrassing situation, clothes widely opened and lips swollen while their pants were trying to hide an obvious bulge. An awkward silence followed his noticeable intrusion. Leeteuk was staring horrified at his patient, his hands on Kangin's chest as if to push him away.

Donghae groaned with exasperation and rolled his eyes. He turned around and stomped out of the room while he threw his hands in the air.

 

"Hurry up, for God's sake!" He shouted out.

 

He slumped down on the couch and pouted with his arms folded on his chest, waiting for Leeteuk to finish his dirty business and finally take care of his job. A few minutes later, the door opened hesitantly and Leeteuk peeked outside. He blushed a little when he noticed Donghae's judging glare and gestured him to come in. The latter complied and slightly bowed to Kangin who was leaving.

 

"You're a ing , Donghae." The older grunted.

 

"Oh, you didn't have to hurry for me, you know?" Donghae sweetly smiled and laughed when Kangin glared at him. "See you later Kangin hyung!" He happily greeted the other who only grumbled.

 

"Donghae..." Leeteuk sighed heavily. "Sit down."

 

He did and waited for the older to ask his usual questions.

He was used to this office after so many hours spent here. Donghae didn't really need a psychiatrist but he found it more comfortable to talk about his problems with someone he knew he wasn't going to bother. And after all, Leeteuk did have some good advices sometimes.

Leeteuk, or Park Jungsu, was the only son of his father's cousin. When Donghae's parents noticed the brunette's difficulties to open up at people, they had decided to take an appointment with the newly certificated psychiatrist. That's how Donghae knew the young adult for a long time and was aware of the older's feelings for Kangin (which were rather complicated).

The latter was currently disheveled, his lips swollen and his pants' zipper half closed. For a second, Donghae wondered if it was really safe to sit down on this chair right now. He envisaged for a while to do the session standing up until his hyung spoke again.

 

"It's been a while since I've seen you, Donghae." Leeteuk smiled. "I've missed you."

 

"I've missed you too, hyung. But looks like I'm back."

 

"How have you been?"

 

"Fine, and I guess you were quite fine too." Donghae wiggled his eyebrows meaningfully.

 

Leeteuk ignored him. "What happened this time? Your naughty mouth struck again?"

 

Donghae grimaced at those childish words and narrowed his eyes at Leeteuk. "What a lousy name, hyung, really. Are you even sure your certificate is real, because I'm pretty sure a 'naughty mouth' isn't a disease."

 

"Well, I did try my best to find any signs of Multiple Personality Disorder since it would be more logical than just you being weird, but you have none. It's only you who have a problem, and since I wanted to put a name on it last week-end - grandma was here, how boring - so 'Naughty Mouth' it was. Funny, isn't it? Like, 'naughty' because your mouth is not nice since it doesn't want to do what you want!"

 

"You're crazy, hyung." Donghae stated.

 

Leeteuk glared at his patient and dongsaeng, before he grabbed his block note and comfortably leaned back in his armchair. "Talk now." And then he scribbled down everything Donghae was saying, from stone one until the very end of it.

As the best student of the medicine faculty during his schooling, Leeteuk knew his job very well - maybe even better than Kangin. He noticed how Donghae looked frustrated and irritated, and the way he was tapping frenetically his foot on the floor. His eyebrows were furrowed and his hands were clenched together. Leeteuk raised an eyebrow at those symptoms but continued to listen carefully. Actually, he wasn't doing a real analysis of Donghae, he knew the younger just wanted to talk to someone, but it was a habit that came from his job.

 

"So basically, it's all about that Eunhyuk/Hyukjae, right?" He summed up when Donghae finally stopped rambling about his problems.

 

"No. Yes. I don't know, hyung!" He snapped. "I'm just really annoyed right now and yes, maybe it's because of him."

 

"It is because of him. Come on, look at my block note, it's only about your English thing and that Eunhyuk - or Hyukjae - what's his real name, anyway?"

 

"I don't even know!" Donghae threw his hands in the air for the second time.

 

"Do you know why you dislike him so much and vice versa?"

 

"Hyung did you see me and did you just hear what I said? It's obvious. He's a jerk and I'm supposed to be a nerd."

 

"Which you aren't. When do you plan on changing looks, really? You're handsome and everything, but -"

 

"Yeah, yeah." Donghae cut him while rolling his eyes. "Kyuhyun told me. Thank you, but not thank you."

 

"You're so stubborn." Leeteuk stated. "So about this guy, do you like him?"

 

Donghae stared blankly at the older for a while, wondering about his sanity and then if he made the good choice of coming here at the first place. Maybe his dog was a better help after all. Bada was really smart, after all. "Hyung... You should be the one consulting a doctor." He enunciated. "I think you have Alzheimer. Or brain dysfunction. Or both. I said I hated him, hyung!"

 

"There's only one step between hatred and love, my little dongsaeng! And didn't Andy Warhol said 'The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet'?"

 

"People also say 'Birds of a feather flock together'. That wasn't a good argument, hyung, I still think you're crazy."

 

"And I still think you're a brat. Kyuhyun really isn't a good influence for you, young man."

 

"Whatever, hyung." Donghae laughed. "Look, Eunhyuk and I are like... Like Harry Potter and Drago Malfoy. That's it ; we completely despise each other. I don't like him, and he doesn't like me, and I'd like to Avada Kedavra his one day."

 

"You do know there're a lot of theory about a possible relationship between those two, right?" Leeteuk snorted. "There's, like, so much ual frustration between them!"

 

Leeteuk successfully dodged the flying magazine the younger threw at him with a glare.

 

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk lazily hugged Taehee's waist with a smile as she dragged him toward a small café at the corner of a crowded street. Her body was tightly pressed against his side and he leaned down slightly to share a sloppy kiss with her. She was the girl he flirted with during English that morning, and nobody will stop him from having a nice dirty time with that woman. HE was about to kiss her once again when his phone buzzed in his pocket. He took it out of it and opened the text message he had received. He rolled his eyes when he saw it was his 'girlfriend' Hyunah who asked him where he was. Away from your .

They were together for two years now, much to his disbelief. He didn't even know why he forced himself to stay with that annoying chick while there were plenty of others people who were willing to give their body to him. Fine, she was a good deal in bed and everything, but it's been a while since the thrill of it had disappeared. He guessed maybe it was to please everybody. She was the most beautiful girl of the high school and he was the most popular with Siwon. It just seemed right. How cliché, really. And so pathetic.

Just to think that, he let out an exasperated sigh at how weak he sounded, acting lovely with a girl he disliked just for other's gossip. He should break up, he knew it but he couldn't make his mind up and he did love her for a while anyway. He still appreciated the security of having a somehow stable relationship with someone, for lack of a familial warmth. This only thought made him grit his teeth tightly. I don't even know if I can call them family anymore.

Out of nowhere, Donghae's face popped up in his mind all of a sudden. His sweet laughter invaded his mind without him knowing why. It annoyed him at first but surprisingly, his dark thoughts were slowly disappearing out of his mind. He only remembered Donghae's eyes. The fierce look in it, contrasting so much with his scared-like behavior. Eunhyuk was shocked when he witnessed the younger's attitude earlier in the library. He never saw the supposedly nerdiest nerd of the high school acting that strange before. That glint in his eyes... It was hypnotizing, almost charming. Eunhyuk couldn't figure out this boy and he didn't like being out of control.

He tried to push those thoughts away when the cute Taehee and him went in the café together, immediately surrounded by the warmth of the little shop. They sat down at a table near the window and waited for someone to take their order. Eunhyuk then decided to kill some time by furiously making-out with his date of the day.

 

 

 

After a long hour of arguing and nagging with Leeteuk, Donghae was finally doing what he liked the best, apart from reading plenty of books.

He was fully concentrated, pushing his own problems away and focusing on his task. He happily filled a mug with hot chocolate before he put the whipped cream on it. When done, he took a toothpick and carefully draw a cat face with chocolate powder. Proud of his hard work, he brightly put the mug on a saucer before he handed it to Sungmin. The older beamed at him from the other side of the bar, neatly dressed with a black apron.

 

"Nice work, Donghae." He complimented.

 

"Thanks hyung." Donghae smiled brightly and then shushed Kyuhyun who snorted at him. "Why are you even here." He narrowed his eyes at the brunette.

 

"To make fun of my best friend, of course." The younger immediately retorted with a shrug. "Hey, give me a coffee."

 

"Kyuhyun, stop bothering the employees..." Hankyung spoke up with a smile as he washed the clean cups with a rag. "Sungmin already has a hard time with you around." He continued with his shaky Korean.

 

"Oh come on, hyung, you guys love me." Kyuhyun smiled sweetly but it only resulted with a smack at the back of his head from Sungmin. "Hey!" He exclaimed.

 

"You do disturb us, Kyuhyun." He grumbled.

 

"I disturb you, Min-ah." Kyuhyun laughed with a smug smirk. "Well, I have to admit we had some good times together."

 

"If you understand, then go away." Sungmin ordered but of course Kyuhyun ignored him and thanked Donghae for the coffee. Sungmin sighed heavily and then turned his attention toward his younger co-worker. "Donghae, can you take care of table five, please? I need rescue."

 

"Oh, of course. Table five, right?" Donghae agreed immediately. He bypassed the bar and grabbed a notebook before he headed toward the table five.

 

He crunched up his nose when he noticed it was a couple. Not only were they reminding him what a freaking single life hes lived since birth, but they were also making-out like their life depended on it. The other customers were staring at them disapprovingly or embarrassingly, since they were shamelessly doing their business. He sighed a little, already disliking this pair of teenagers and cleared his throat to call their attention. He stared at the guy and raised an eyebrow at his hair. What's it that everybody wants to dye their hair red? He cleared his throat once again with more insistence, and they finally stopped each other's face to glare at Donghae. He was about to do the same until he recognized the boy.

Red hair, a striking gum, sharp features, single eyelids, and an arrogant aura.  Lee ing Eunhyuk. This is real, I'm going to get Voldemort chasing your stinky !

He stood there frozen, just staring at the other's shocked face as well.

 

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Eunhyuk hissed then, forgetting everything about his date. Clumsy Donghae was here and his excitement had somewhat drastically went downhill. "Don't tell me you're stalking me?"

 

Not even in my worst nightmares, . "N - No - I mean... Y - Your order...?" He weakly asked and mentally slapped himself. Where's my previous confidence when you need it?

 

"You work here?!" No, I have an apron on and a notebook in hands, but really, I'm just here to say hi!

 

Donghae took a deep breath and sent a pleading look to Hankyung who was curiously watching him. "Yes, I do... Umm... What would you like to -"

 

"No freaking way." Yes ing way. "I already have to bear with you at school and now during my free time?!" I can say the same about you, you ing British phone booth!

 

"Oppa, isn't he the English class nerd? The one with the stuttering?" The girl spoke up with contempt. Donghae felt the urge to choke her with the menu. Oh I'd like to see your mascara screwed up by my own hands.

 

"Damn right he is." Eunhyuk confirmed, giving a look at the smaller. And I'd like to shave you until you'll end up bald. What a nice dream for my future.

 

It's been over a year since Donghae have began to work in this small café Dumpling Café, right in the middle of the most crowded street of Seoul. He loved the cozy atmosphere of the place and even if at first he had troubles communicating with the boss Hankyung, a Chinese handsome man, and his colleague Lee Sungmin, a cute bubbly boy, now he was perfectly comfortable around them. He also wasn't scared to talk to the customers anymore, as long as they were friendly. Moreover he didn't know them anyway (Nice progress, Donghae! Leeteuk hyung had congratulated him with a lollipop - I'm not a freaking kid, hyung!)

Although this place was like his second home, no other than his first source of headaches had to disturb his relaxing and peaceful time. And that wasn't the first time today. He believed he had to put a quota of time to bear with the other's face, something like only thirty minutes every day should be enough. Or seconds.

He observed the odd couple in front of him, too shocked to make any moves. Eunhyuk was still the same since he last saw him in the morning, only the girl at his sides was something new. Another day, another girl... Donghae wondered for a few seconds if Eunhyuk really had a girlfriend since that one surely wasn't the official one, he saw them flirting this morning after all.

 

"Will you take our order or what?" The girl nagged. "Even outside of school you're annoying." Do not kill, do not kill...

 

"I - Yes, please wait a - a minute...." Donghae looked around him and thankfully noticed Sungmin hyung near him, ready to take care of other customers. Donghae slightly moved away from his two classmates to grip Sungmin's sleeve. "Sungmin hyung!" He called almost desperately. "Help!"

 

"Hmm, what is it?"

 

"Can we switch and you take care of them, please?" Donghae begged, not bothering if Eunhyuk and his date heard him or not. It was more easy to talk carelessly without meeting their eyes. "I might kill one of them if we don't."

 

"Excuse me?!" Eunhyuk shouted out and he slapped Taehee's hands away with annoyance. "Repeat that?!"

 

Donghae shot him a scared look, as if he regretted what he just said. "N - No, I mean, yes, I - No, this isn't... Hyung!" He pleaded.

 

"I'll take care of it." Hankyung's deep voice sounded like the one of a savior to Donghae. "Go make sure Kyuhyun doesn't mess up with the bar, Donghae."

 

The latter eagerly nodded. "Good luck, hyung." He said with a tone Eunhyuk didn't like at all.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?!" He growled. He was more and more confused because of Donghae's weird personality. He hated the fact he was curious to know what was wrong with Donghae. He never was a man with a lot of curiosity toward others, but when it came to Donghae, he just couldn't help it.

 

Eunhyuk disliked weak people, and Donghae was. But at the same time, something odd was emanating from the shorter. Though before he could scream out his confusion and his frustration, Donghae hurriedly fled to hide behind the bar. Almost instantly, Kyuhyun was by his sides and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. Eunhyuk frowned, staring at the both of them, ignoring Taehee's call to order. Cho was wearing a teasing smile, talking animatedly with Donghae who was playfully glaring at the taller. He looked so comfortable, then why did he look so fearful with Eunhyuk? Are the two of them together? He wondered.

His brain never had worked so much for a long time, maybe before incident before he entered the high school. Although, now he was trying to use all his grey matter to figure out something about Lee Donghae.

As he was about to let out an exasperated grunt, Donghae lifted his head and their eyes met. Just for one second, the both of them stared at each other. No movements, no words, just the talking of the eyes. Eunhyuk wasn't easily impressionable, but the look he shared with Donghae was breath-taking. He hated to admit it, but he couldn't take his eyes off the brown orbs of the shorter.

His horrible haircut, his bad fitted working uniform and his glasses, he didn't see them anymore. There were no stain of any fear.

Just the warm and welcoming brown eyes.

 

 

 

Eunhyuk was mentally exhausted when he step one foot in his house, sighing tiredly. Donghae was one big mystery to his smart brain. It seemed like he was trying to study him for years and no answers when truth was he first talked to him this very morning. 

Eunhyuk's life always had been pretty boring, or at least not worth talking about it. He forcefully wanted to deny it, but Donghae could represent a spark of thrill and excitement in his monotone life.

The redhead grabbed the television remote from the coffee table before he slumped down in the couch. He the TV and lazily watched a variety show. Nobody seemed to be at home, and he was glad of it. He didn't want to face his parents today, not after this long and tiring day. He missed his sister being at home, things were kind of easier then.

As he was thinking about the past, the front door opened and before he could sat up correctly, his mother barged in the room, a scowl on her face.

 

"Hyukjae." She sternly said. He hated when she was saying his name with that tone, that's why he preferred when people called him Eunhyuk.

 

"Mother." Eunhyuk replied coldly. "How can I help you?"

 

"Don't you have better things than wasting time in front of the TV? You have university next year, and you only think about leisure?"

 

As always, he thought. No welcoming words even though he didn't see her for one week. His dad wasn't even here with her, surely still in China because of his oh so important job. More important than his family, apparently.

Eunhyuk was tired of it, of the almost sick family he had. His parents only thought about job and money, and they gave so much pressure to Sorah and Eunhyuk since they were young. Work, work, always work and never stop. "This is how you're going to make a success of your life", they always said. Perfectionist ers.

At first, he did his best, trying to do as his parents wished, but they never were satisfied. And then one day he snapped.

Eunhyuk cringed at the memory and clenched his fists together.

 

"And don't you have better things than piss me off?" He retorted with venom.

 

"Don't talk to me like that, Hyukjae!" She shouted out, flushing red with anger. "This isn't how I educated my son!"

 

"As if you even see me like a son." He snapped at her, glaring at her small figure. "You can't say hello before you begin giving me hell?!"

 

He didn't wait for his mother to talk back and bypassed her to storm out the living-room and loudly locked himself in his bedroom.

 

"Hey Hyunah? Can I crash at yours tonight?"


Hello, lovely readers!

I hope you liked this chapter ._.

Things are progressing between Eunhyuk and Donghae ^^ And the British phone booth thing... Hahaha, sorry :D

 

Thank you so much for reading and commenting and subscribing! I appreciate it so much. And the upvoting thing too, that's really nice :)