Chapter Seventeen

Naughty Mouth

 

Reconciliation – Part One


Donghae chewed on his lower lip, glancing worriedly at the redhead whom was holding an ice-pack on his bruised cheek, sitting on the edge of his bed. He frowned slightly, stumbling awkwardly while feeling apologetic.

Hyukjae had just finished explaining in details what had really happened at that Minho kid's party ; now, he knew that it wasn't his fault and that most of their argument had been based on a misunderstanding. The brunette couldn't help but to feel guilty upon seeing the way his boyfriend would hiss at the pain on his face. After Donghae's rather scary threat to send the poor older to Heechul and Sungmin, he finally calmed down a little and Hyukjae had took the time to explain his own point of view, trying to prove to him he actually didn't do anything wrong. At first, he didn't believe him when the other said he had just been resting in the guestroom when that Hyunah- had came up to try hitting on him, but when he finally decided to take his arguments seriously, it indeed made sense. Guilt was now washing over him every time Hyukjae softly groaned in pain. He immensely regretted having hit his boyfriend so violently.

It wasn't that he didn't trust Hyukjae – if he didn't, his 'naughty mouth' wouldn't have allowed him to talk with him in the first place –, but Donghae was also the type to react too quickly without thinking first. He was emotionally weak and the scene he had witnessed had been too much for his heart and his mind to handle. Moreover, seeing Hyunah straddling Hyukjae's hips could easily lead anybody to deduce that the redhead had cheated on him.

He loved Hyukjae, and it was exactly the reason why he had been so upset in the first place. He really hoped his boyfriend could understand this ; indeed, if Donghae didn't have such strong feelings for him, surely he wouldn't have been so hurt and sorrowful afterward. The fact that he had cried for a whole day and that he had screamed his anger at the redhead proved in a way (which was rather violent, he did admit) that he cared for him.

Now, the only thing he wanted was to give a good beating to that fake blonde who was basically the source of all their problems. Merely thinking about her made him greet his teeth together in annoyance. He wished he could run to her house and strangle her hard in her sleep. However, killing someone really wasn't the best option – maybe he had inherited this kind of violent tendencies from his father, he didn't really know –, and he wanted to stay with Hyukjae and make it up for the hard punches he had gave him merely one hour ago. Moreover, he didn't even know where the lived anyway – he'd have to ask someone about this.

It was currently close to midnight, and except for taking an ice-pack from the fridge, Donghae hadn't went out of his bedroom yet, and he was practically sure his family was still mad at Hyukjae for making him so gloomy and depressed the last two days, even if it actually wasn't really his fault. The brunette made note to go explain them the situation soon, before he glanced up at his boyfriend. The room was still plunged in the dark since he still didn't put the light bulb back on, but even from the other side of the room – where he was nervously looking at the other –, Donghae could still see the grimace on his handsome features. Shyly, he shuffled toward the redhead, unconsciously bringing his two hands in front of his month in an almost classic act of shyness – he was trying really hard to look as cute as possible.

Hyukjae glanced up upon hearing the muffled sounds of steps, landing his eyes on Donghae's figure. He blinked slowly, noting the way the brunette looked at him with cute, adorable round eyes, looking shy and apologetic. He wanted to give him a reassuring smile, telling him that he wasn't mad and hug him tight because it had been a while – two days – since he had the chance to do just that. Instead, he raised an eyebrow, straightening up on the mattress of Donghae's bed. The latter pouted slightly, hesitantly getting near him, until he sat next to him. The redhead followed him with his eyes, absently holding the ice-pack on his face. Donghae bit on his lower lip, shuffling on the bed until he was sitting just next to him. He took the ice-pack from Hyukjae's hand, holding it for him before leaning down and gently pecking his reddened cheek. He kissed him another time, trailing his lips along his jaw line until sensually pressing his lips against his own, careful not to put too much pressure on his split lip. The older fluttered his eyes close, kissing him back while letting out a contented sigh. He sneaked an arm around his waist, bringing him closer.

 

I'm sorry,” Donghae whispered against his lips. “I shouldn't have hit you so hard.”

 

That's fine,” He mumbled back. “You had the rights to do so. I would have beat you, too, if I was in your position.”

 

Donghae chuckled, lifting a hand to brush off his red locks out of his forehead. “I'm sorry,” He repeated. “But you have to admit that you really didn't look like a victim at that time.”

 

Hyukjae didn't reply, agreeing silently before he sighed heavily and got up from the bed. He grimaced upon remembering the scene, shuddering with utter disgust when he could exactly recall the way Hyunah had pressed her own glossy lips on his. He had hated the feeling and had wanted to erase any traces of it as soon as his mind had clicked and realized that his ex--girlfriend was his mouth. He absently nibbled on his lower lip, gazing wordlessly at his boyfriend who was still sitting on his bed while himself was standing up. His eyes slowly fell on Donghae's thin, pink lips and he almost laughed at the way he was craving to taste them again. Now, even kissing Donghae, a boy, was categorized as 'normal' for him, while kissing an admittedly hot girl like Hyunah was now referred as the most disgusting thing he could ever think of. A lot of things had changed, indeed, and it was all Donghae's fault. He just didn't know if it was really a bad thing – he was happy, and it was clearly enough as for now. He patted himself inwardly for having such philosophic and wise thoughts, before absentmindedly walking toward Donghae's desk.

The latter watched him put the ice-pack on his desk, frowning as he grabbed the edge of his sleeve and tugged on it. The redhead turned toward him while picking up his coat that he had carelessly thrown over the other's chair.

Where are you going?” Donghae asked with a small pout.

 

The redhead leaned down and softly pecked his lips, before replying. “Going home. I don't think your parents would agree if I spend the night here. They didn't seem quite overjoyed earlier.”

 

And?” Donghae raised an eyebrow, folding his arms on his chest childishly. “I'll explain it to them later,” He said. “I want you to stay. I'll make it up for all the punches I gave you by cuddling with you tonight, how does that sound? And I'll make you breakfast tomorrow.”

 

The older laughed and ruffled the brunette's hair. The latter scowled, giving him a hard glare as he slapped his hand away, muttering “I'm not a freaking kid, motherer”.

You don't have to be so sorry about it, you know?” He said. “I mean, you may have jumped on conclusions, but it's still partially my fault, too. If anything, I should try to make it up for you as well.”

 

Then cuddle with me tonight,” Donghae insisted. “Come on, Hyukkie,” He whined cutely and watched with satisfaction the way Hyukjae's determination faltered in front of his eyes. He could distinguish hesitation beginning to shine in his single-lidded eyes, frowning slightly while envisaging his options. Donghae could almost hear the way Hyukjae was inwardly deliberating and he stifled a laugh, biting the inside of his cheek. He hid a smirk, sneaking his arms around his waist, and rubbed his nose on his clothed chest.

 

Donghae,” Hyukjae hissed as he stiffened in his embrace. “Stop manipulating me.”

 

The brunette burst out laughing, pressing a kiss on the redhead's lips who scowled in defeat, before going out of the room to inform his parents that his boyfriend would stay the night. When he reached for the doorknob, a happy smile tugging at his lips, he hadn't expected to see all his family members hiding behind the door, caught in the act of eavesdropping. He frowned at them and they had the decency to look shameful.

He sighed with exasperation, closing the door behind him, and as soon as he did so, his father and his brother immediately started harassing him with questions. The youngest of the family raised disbelieving eyebrows, hiding an amused smile at the way they were getting carried away on their own. Behind the two other males of the household, his mother sent him a questioning look. He smiled reassuringly at her, silently telling her that everything was back to normal between Hyukjae and him. The woman smiled back in relief, before glancing at her husband and her oldest son. Donghae folded his arms on his chest and rolled his eyes for good measure, before he sincerely apologized to his family, declaring he had indeed over-reacted without even knowing all the details of the story (Donghwa called him stupid once or twice but Donghae didn't protest since it was sort of true – not entirely though). Mr. Lee continued to frown worriedly, though, persistent on confirming that Donghae didn't need any of his help.

After quite a few struggles to convince his father and his brother that he wasn't mad at Hyukjae anymore, and that no, he didn't want them to 'teach him a lesson', Donghae finally came back in his bedroom after glaring at his father who vehemently tried to insist. When he turned back to face the redhead, the latter chuckled softly. He gave him a sheepish smile, quietly heading toward the bed before letting himself fall on it. Hyukjae laid down next to him, wrapping an arm around his waist.

 

We should sleep,” Donghae commented. “We have class tomorrow and I'm pretty sure it's way after midnight already.”

 

Hyukjae only hummed in response, his lips softly teasing Donghae's skin who fluttered his eyes close, snuggling closer to his lover. The redhead trailed his lips along his two cheeks, before closing the gap between their mouth. Immediately, the other granted him the access of his parted lips and he slipped his tongue inside, groaning when he finally tasted Donghae's hot cavern after two long days. He couldn't put too much intensity in the kiss since he still hurt and he almost scowled for it, but it didn't stop the other to sneak his arms around him and moan into the kiss. Their tongue danced gently yet sensually one against another, the two of them unconsciously entangling their legs together and tightening the embrace they had around each other.

 

I'm sorry,” Donghae said once again. “I love you, Hyukjae.”

 

Hyukjae chuckled, humming sleepily. “Hmm, I love you too.”

He had to stop himself from bursting out in laughter when Donghae whined in embarrassment, hiding his blushing face in his chest. He likes it so much, he smugly thought as the brunette hid himself under the covers and nuzzled close to him, before they both fell asleep, hugging each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning was, at lost of better words, quite eventful for both Donghae and Hyukjae ; despite his boyfriend's wild and desperate attempts, the redhead didn't managed to escape Mr. Lee's furious sermon about how he was supposed to treat his son (Donghae made apologizing signs behind his father all along) and as soon as the man had finally freed him, it had been Donghwa's turn to harass and threaten him loudly. Only Donghae's mother had stayed calm and collected throughout breakfast, only sending him a warning glance upon greeting him when they had came in the kitchen, and he was really thankful for it – the way the two men of the household were already sending him accusing looks made him uncomfortable enough, he didn't need her to rub it in.

After facing the Lee family's wrath (which mostly consisted with Donghwa spluttering incoherent curses at him while Mr. Lee tried to kill him with the sole power of his eyes over his fuming cup of coffee) and savoring a marvelous breakfast Donghae had especially prepared for him – the good perks of someone feeling guilty toward you –, Hyukjae was glad to finally go back in Donghae's room and hide away from his father's murderous and accusing glares. He knew he deserved it a little, but he wasn't used to face a family's accusations, especially if it involved a lover. But I don't hate it, he decided upon closing the door of the bedroom behind them. I definitely don't hate it, he grinned slightly while leaning back against the wooden door, gazing at his boyfriend's back before closing his eyes and heaving out an exhausted sigh. The brunette lifted his head to look at him with an amused grin while he closed the curtains of his window. The other only grumbled tiredly and glared at him, and Donghae chuckled before glancing at his clock. Without a word, he turned around and walked to his cupboard before opening it and picking out clothes for school. He started undressing, uncaring to the fact that he could still feel Hyukjae's eyes on him – it wasn't as if the latter hadn't seen it all already. He took off his pajamas, a smug smirk playing on his lips when he noticed that the redhead had left his spot at the door and was heading toward him. He carelessly threw the pieces of clothing on his bed, proudly showing his boyfriend his body in all its glory, before he grabbed a pair of boxers and pulled them on. As he lifted a hand to reach for his trousers, two strong and warm arms sneaked around his waist, pulling him close against Hyukjae's clothed chest. A pair of soft lips pressed against his shoulder, trailing a hot line up to his ear where he hungrily nibbled on his ear lobe. Donghae's eyes fluttered close, leaning back against his boyfriend and letting his head fall on his shoulder to give him a better access. He sighed with contentment, feeling a proud smile creeping on his lips upon seeing how needy Hyukjae was right now. The latter ran his hands down his chest, teasingly his hips before he abruptly grabbed his . Donghae jolted with a soft, surprised squeal before loudly when the redhead started kneading his flesh. He turned his head to the side, grabbing a fistful of his flaming red locks and then hungrily crashed their lips together. Hyukjae groaned into the kiss, immediately pushing his tongue inside his hot cavern. They both shivered violently when their respective pink, wet muscle came in contact, aggressively and possessively twirling and entwining together into an intense kiss. Raw passion was coursing through their body as Donghae released a low moan, tilting his head to the side so he would be able to deepen the kiss even more, while Hyukjae's hold on his -cheeks was tightening. The slight pain only added to the wildness of the moment and he whimpered a little, pressing his back flush against the redhead. The latter needily nibbled on his lower lip, before on his wet, sleek muscle. Donghae sighed another time, whipping around so he could face the older. Hyukjae grazed his nails along his back, before wrapping his arms around his neck. The younger messily pushed him until they both fell onto the mattress of the bed.

 

What are you doing?” Donghae asked as he settled himself between Hyukjae's parted legs.

The redhead gasped for air when the younger on a particularly sensitive spot of his neck.

 

I'm feeling my boyfriend up,” He replied huskily, running his hands through the other's soft, brown hair. “Why, you don't like it?” He teased.

 

The younger straightened up a little, staring into Hyukjae's eyes, before smirking. The redhead bit on his lower lip to refrain a moan, the sight immediately impacting to his erecting groin. With demanding hands, he pushed Donghae's head down, kissing him lustfully and lovingly at the same time, trying to pour all his emotions in that sole kiss. They shared a breathtaking lip-lock, and groaning all the while, until they parted for much needed oxygen.

Of course, I do,” Donghae retorted then as he took note of Hyukjae's appearance ; panting, face flushed and hair disheveled. He his lips before sensually pecking the other's plump lips a last time. “But we have school, buddy. Can't afford to be absent again.”

 

Oh, for 's sake,” Hyukjae groaned with frustration as Donghae got up from the bed, laughing loudly. “You're so annoying in bed. Like, really.”

 

Sorry, dude,” Donghae sing-sung as he finally dressed up properly. “And we were just kissing, calm down, prick.”

 

You're so ing lucky I love you, you er ,” He grumbled unhappily before he got ready for school as well, under Donghae's amused gaze.

 

 

 

After successfully going out of the house without Hyukjae getting sliced in tiny pieces by Donghae's father and brother, they finally decided it was time to head to school, alternating between heated kisses and childish bickers on their way. The redhead shoved his hands down his pockets, mostly so he wouldn't give in to his original urge to wrap an arm around his shoulders. The younger didn't seem to care about his conflicted thoughts, happily walking next to him with a small grin tugging at his plump lips. Hyukjae slightly scowled in his direction although Donghae didn't notice it, before heaving out yet another sigh.

Their way to the high school was peaceful and quiet, the both of them bathed with the warmth the sunshine procured them with. After the redhead managed to hide and trap the brunette behind a pole and kiss him senselessly for a good whole minute a few times, the couple finally reached the gates of the high school. Donghae smiled a little when he spotted his best friend coming his way, walking next to Siwon. He stepped in the courtyard of the high school before stopping in his tracks, Hyukjae not too far behind, as he waited for Kyuhyun to reach him.

The brunette watched with interest the way his best friend was brightly talking to the taller man, raising a disbelieving eyebrow. It seemed as if a lot of things had evolved between the two of them. As Hyukjae stepped closer to him, his hands still shoved in his pocket while staring lazily at the other boys with a bored expression, a part of Donghae wondered if Kyuhyun was actually serious about his relationship with Siwon. He knew his best friend wasn't the type to cruelly play with other's feelings, but he also knew that he was a player – Sunah was enough of a proof already. The brunette had witnessed the younger being serious with only two persons so far ; this girl in primary school and Sungmin. If he had to be honest, Donghae had never thought that things between Kyuhyun and Siwon would someday become serious, simply because the latter wasn't his best friend's type. At all.

To see the two boys hanging out together, with Kyuhyun wearing such a happy expression on his face, was surprising. Donghae wasn't saying that it was a bad thing – it was the perfect opposite, actually. He was glad for his best friend, and he hoped he would be able to cleanly sort out the problems that could pop up in their freshly new relationship. He wasn't even going to comment on the fact that Siwon wasn't the common boyfriend-material that Kyuhyun usually looked for, since Donghae also had never thought at first that Hyukjae would one day become his boyfriend.

When Kyuhyun and Siwon finally stepped in the courtyard of the high school, Donghae glanced at the taller man, hoping somehow to pull out a friendly smile, while the other was about to kneel down on the ground to apologize for his mistakes. Knowing he was fated to fail anyway, he turned to face his best friend, almost laughing out loud upon noticing the way the latter was glaring at Hyukjae. The redhead released a heavy sigh, avoiding Kyuhyun's accusing stare, before grabbing Siwon's sleeve and dragging him inside.

As the Choi kid continued to splutter more and more dramatic apologies to Donghae, who only nodded weakly in return, Kyuhyun huffed childishly and folded his arms on his chest. He turned to face his best friend, giving him a look torn between concern and annoyance. Donghae merely rolled his eyes, walking inside the buildings of the high school instead of immediately answering Kyuhyun's silent questions.

 

Don't tell me you already forgave him,” He deadpanned. “I didn't teach you this way, Lee Donghae.”

 

Shut up, Kyuhyun,” Donghae laughed. “I gave him a good beating already, and it actually wasn't his fault – it's Hyunah's.”

 

Who?” The other frowned. “Oh, you mean that blonde girl you were drawing in Mathematics? The one you were trying to skin alive on paper the other day.”

 

Yeah, her. I'm going to do worse than just skin that alive.” He gritted through his teeth, slamming the door of the classroom with way more force than necessary. “I'm going to ing slaughter that .”

 

What a jealous boyfriend you are, Darling,” Kyuhyun faked a gasp, bringing a hand on his chest.

 

The older rolled his eyes, absently greeting Sunah, before spotting Hyukjae sitting at their usual table at the back of the classroom. He waved at his best friend before walking off to join his boyfriend.

The latter glanced up at him when he heard the sounds of steps approaching him. He gave the brunette a discreet grin, before carelessly flinging all his stuffs on the floor to give some space to the other.

Unfortunately, the two boys couldn't slack off during this hour, even if it was English class – the deadline of the project was approaching and their essay still wasn't done. Indeed, as Donghae picked the folder of their project out of his bag while explaining what he had planned for this hour, the redhead also came to realize that they still had a lot of work to do ; the most complicated part of the essay had thankfully been done and they were only left with the proofreading of the whole thing. Even so, it was around fifty pages that they had to edit, which was enormous. Moreover, Donghae had added as he gave Hyukjae half of the essay so they could start proofreading equally, they still had to make the layout ; since they had both agreed to present the essay as a magazine, the page setting was important so it would look credible. This time, Hyukjae didn't try to bug the younger, knowing that they had to be efficient but fast. They didn't talk much, only sharing short glances to each other.

Donghae sighed out heavily when he finally finished editing the paragraph he had been working on for the past ten minutes. Feeling exhausted, he tiredly rubbed his eyes before lazily watching around the silent class. Everybody were also engrossed in the last details they had to take care of for their own English project. The brunette scrunched up his nose a little, almost blaming Hyukjae and himself for having ran so late on their original schedule. Another part of him knew that it was neither Hyukjae's or his fault, since personal issues had been involved between the two of them – love problems, mostly. He didn't regret it at all, this fact was already a given, but now that he was facing the pile of work that had to be done, he couldn't help but to groan in despair. Thankfully enough, he knew that they could pull it off ; the both of them were smart, and if Hyukjae kept being so serious until the very end, Donghae was practically sure they would be able to get the highest grade possible. He was that ambitious.

He frowned a little, grabbing the pencil he had put back on the desk before him, then glanced at his boyfriend. It was probably the first time he saw him working so studiously, his single-lidded eyes focused on the numerous lines of the page he was reading. The scene made shivers roll down his spine as he bit on his lower lip. Hyukjae looked absolutely y ; the way he was slightly frowning with concentration, chewing on the end of his own pen while propping his cheek with his hand – it oddly made his body burn up a little. Donghae gulped down the desire to steal Hyukjae's plump, pink lips right here and then, trying to focus back on his own task. The redhead wasn't even doing anything in particular, but he still found him as attractive as ever. Hyukjae was one of the most handsome man he knew, maybe not in the common definition of the word, but he still won over thousands of other plain people out there.

He inhaled deeply, doing his best to chase any thoughts that could make his mind drift toward a certain redhead out of his head. He briefly wondered if it was because he wanted the other. After all, they had made love only once, despite what most people would have thought. Truthfully, Donghae was glad of it – it proved that their relationship wasn't only based on the sole feeling of lust and need over each other's body. It also showed that they had done it because they genuinely loved each other. However, the brunette was a possessive man, on top of a very healthy teenager. Of course he didn't want to have , but something more special and meaningful ; he wanted to make love, just as the way they had did it the first time, maybe even more beautiful. However, whenever he recalled the way Hyunah- had tried to feel Hyukjae up, the wild urge to claim the redhead as his and only his violently kicked in, and it was getting harder and harder to stop himself from just ravishing the other boy in every way possible.

Hyukjae is mine, he thought with a low growl that made the interested glance at him curiously. That is so ing going to die.

 

 

 

The redhead let out a long groan of relief when he finally finished proofreading the very last paragraph of the part Donghae had gave him. Throwing his pencil on the table, he leaned back in his chair while closing his eyes. The delightful feeling of accomplishment spread in his body as a satisfied grin appeared on his lips. Opening an eye, he wordlessly grabbed Donghae's wrist to glance at his watch, noting that there were only five tiny minutes left before the bell would ring the end of the period. Donghae shot him a quick glance as he rearranged the piece of sheets together, before neatly putting them in a folder. The brunette also heaved out a sigh, putting his two arms on the table and resting his head on them. He looked up at Hyukjae behind him who gazed silently at him. The older looked around him, making sure that nobody was looking before he leaned down and softly pecked Donghae's cheek. He discreetly wrapped an arm around his waist while propping his head while his hand, smiling at the younger who playfully glared at him.

It was getting harder and harder for Hyukjae to remember why the two of them still hadn't made their relationship official. When seeing the way Donghae would blush every time he gave him loving attention in public, even if discreetly and just a little, the urge to press his lips on his, no matter where they were, was itching all his senses. He knew how much Donghae loved romance, despite his seemingly tough personality and the fact that he kept glaring at him whenever he would teasingly push the sappy act a little too much. Even Hyukjae was tempted by this perspective ; to be able kissing Donghae whenever he wanted, to show everybody that he was his. However, he also knew that his situation didn't allow it – at least, not yet. He still had to deal with so much things – the fear of the judgmental eye of his classmates, of society and of his family. Society and classmates didn't have that much importance, and neither did his parents, but he couldn't help but to be a little scared. They were still the ones who had gave him birth, who had raised him and allowed him to become who he was now. He hated to admit it, but if they weren't there, Hyukjae wouldn't have been able meeting Donghae – after all, the first genuine interaction they shared which didn't include insults and sly remarks was just after the brunette overheard his argument with his parents.

What he feared the most, though, was the possibility of them trying to forbid him from seeing Donghae. He perfectly knew that the probability that his relationship with Donghae would last very long were small, but it was in human nature to keep hoping. And hope, he did. Hyukjae absolutely loved everything about the relationship he shared with his boyfriend and he wouldn't trade it for anything. Even if his parents ordered him to.

As his mind continued to wander around those dark thoughts, the bell suddenly rang, signaling the students to head to their second class. Hyukjae startled a little, watching Donghae get up from his chair before he did the same. The two of them didn't say a word but shared a meaningful look, then went out of the classroom and walked off to their respective classrooms.

While stepping inside his classroom, curtly greeting the Korean Literature teacher, the redhead let out a disappointed sigh. It had been only five minutes, but he already missed Donghae.

 

 

 

The rest of the morning went by uneventfully, Donghae and Hyukjae only catching glimpses of each other in between classes, until it was finally lunchtime.

It was with a happy and excited sound leaving his mouth that the brunette cheerfully headed toward the cafeteria, Kyuhyun on his tail, playing at some new games he had installed on his smartphone. Grumbling inaudibly a few times, the tallest brunette of the two harshly shoved Donghae's shoulder when losing yet another party. The older yelped quietly, whipping around while glaring at his best friend.

What the hell are you doing?!” He hissed as he shoved the other back.

 

I'm losing!” The other shouted out. “I'm ing losing at his ing game.”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes, resuming walking. “So what? You installed it something like half a hour ago.”

 

Half a hour ago is a long time, if you must know,” Kyuhyun retorted while rolling his eyes, as if the other was spluttering absurdities. “This must be Siwon's lousy skills rubbing on me. , I can't believe it!”

 

You're overreacting, drama-,” Donghae laughed as he pushed the door of the cafeteria open. “Siwon may be lousy at games, but you're Cho-ing-Kyuhyun. You've never definitely gave up on a game just because of losing two or three times.”

 

Kyuhyun stared at his friend with glittering eyes, before bringing him into a deathly hug, almost sobbing that Donghae was indeed his best friend and that nobody could understand him better than he did. The shorter tried his best to struggle out of his hold, seeking desperately for air, before glaring at his best friend.

When Donghae finally reached Hyukjae who was sitting at a table near the window with Siwon, he was almost surprised to see Heechul having lunch with them. He opened his mouth to ask the reason why, when he noticed the way the Senior student was glaring holes at his boyfriend's head.

 

Hi, guys,” He greeted as he settled down next to the redhead. The latter threw him a desperate glance before lowering his head again. “Hum, so what's up?”

 

Shut up, Dongsaeng,” Heechul said. “I'm taking care of this piece of for you.”

 

What?” Donghae stated. “Wait, if you're talking about the Hyunah- thing, we're all good now. Right, Hyukjae?”

 

Of course, we are -”

 

Shut up, you,” Heechul spat at the redhead who glared at him annoyingly. “Donghae may have forgiven you because he's such a lovely sweetheart, but I didn't. Why? Because I'm a ing man- and I'm going to make you suffer, Eunuch.”

 

Hyukjae scowled at the older while Kyuhyun burst out laughing. They all sat down at the same table, beginning their lunch. Donghae sent a sheepish grin at his boyfriend while the redhead grimaced slightly.

 

Look, Heechul hyung,” Hyukjae began.

 

It's not 'hyung' anymore for you, unfaithful monkey. You don't own this right anymore. You're ought to call me Heenim from now on, understood?”

 

The redhead threw him an exasperated glare before sighing out. “Heenim,” He grumbled reluctantly. “I've already talked with Donghae. And if you would just listen to what I have to say, you would understand that -”

 

I don't ing care,” Heechul rudely cut him off while dramatically flipping his raven hair back. He folded his arms on his chest, looking down at the younger who kept sending him annoyed glares.

 

Hyung,” Donghae spoke up while stifling a laugh. “Hyung, I swear everything's fine. It's really not his fault, it's Hyunah's, ok? Don't worry, I'll take care of her later.” He said, a hint of fury in his voice.

 

The Senior student smirked widely, patting the younger's head. “That's my boy.”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes playfully as they all resumed enjoying their lunch together, Hyukjae being the victim of incessant teasing from Kyuhyun and Heechul.

When they finally went out of the cafeteria half a hour later, Donghae and Hyukjae decided to spend some time together, given the fact that there were still some free time left before classes would start again. They stayed silent as they strolled through the almost empty hallways of the high school, their shoulders brushing one against another, the two boys naturally seeking for the other's warm touch. A few other students ran past them while laughing loudly before Donghae stated he needed to go to the bathroom. Hyukjae only nodded wordlessly, heaving out a yawn as he sat down on a nearby bench. He fluttered his eyes shut, leaning his head against the wall behind him. He craved so much for Donghae's lips and touch, but he knew it was almost impossible since they were still in school.

He extended his legs in front of him and crossed his feet while shoving his hands down the pockets of his jacket, lazily glaring at the classmates who dared glancing at him. He was feeling tired and irritable. Spending almost a hour within Heechul's company was never something that would cheer his mood up. He knew that the Senior was somehow right when scolding him for making Donghae cry – himself felt his chest clench painfully every time he recalled the way his boyfriend's beautiful eyes had looked so puffy because of tears. He wanted nothing more than erase those hurtful memories out of their mind, but it was impossible. Moreover, a part of him couldn't deny the fact that this episode of their relationship had somehow managed to bring them even closer than before. Nonetheless, the need to destroy the main source of their past problem was still making his blood boil violently in his veins. Whenever thinking of Hyunah and her vicious antics, anger would rise up in his system, making his eyes darken menacingly. As he frowned unhappily, kicking some dust on the ground, a high-pitched voice suddenly called his name from the other end of the hallway. Surprised and oddly pissed-off at the tone of this person's voice, the redhead looked up confusedly until he recognized the dirty blond hair of the girl who had hollered him. His expression immediately turning into a glare, he gritted his teeth together, wishing for Donghae to come out quickly so they could move to somewhere else already.

Hyunah almost skipped toward him, a seductive smile plastered on her glossy lips. Her high-heels were clicking loudly on the tiled floor of the high school while her bag was swaying at the rhythm of her steps. Her smiled widened when Hyukjae met her eyes, mistaking the hatred burning in his eyes for curiosity. She quickened her pace, flipping her long hair back as she made sure to sensually sway her hips while walking, until she finally reached the redhead at the bench. The man didn't say anything, his face emotionless as the girl sat down next to him. He gave her a hard scowl, trying to strangle her with the sole power of his two eyes – he had to ask some advices to Mr. Lee someday –, and Hyunah threw him an innocent look, almost battling her eyelashes in an attempt to look somehow cute. Hyukjae almost scoffed at how ridiculous she looked – nobody could win over Donghae's own cuteness, even if he knew that everything was made on purpose to make him give in whatever the brunette wanted. The redhead clenched his fists tightly, fighting the urge to punch her face.

Hyunah had even the indecency to softly put her perfectly manicured hand over his thigh, trying to rub it with sensuality – which totally failed. Hyukjae immediately slapped her hand away, growling dangerously at her.

 

Oppa!” She whined with a sweet voice. “Why are you like this with me?”

 

Because you're a ,” He stated, venom lacing his voice. “Go away, Hyunah. I was clear last time, and you even had the guts to stir problems between Donghae and I. Do you really think I have that much patience? You don't even know how hard it is for me to stop myself from pummeling your face into the ground.”

 

Her eyes widened in fear, before she got her acts together. “Oppa,” She said. “I don't know what you're talking about.”

 

Do you ing want me to remind you, you ing ?!” He shouted out at her face. “Do you ing need me to do so, Hyunah?!”

 

Anger boiling in his veins, he stood up abruptly, making her startle. He shot her a murderous glare, his eyes glittering with fury.

 

If we weren't in the middle of the school, I totally would -”

 

What the hell are you shouting for?” Donghae's voice reached his ears then.

Whipping around, he looked at his boyfriend who just went out of the bathroom. The brunette sent him a surprised look before his eyes landed on Hyunah, still sitting on the bench. He narrowed his eyes, stomping to stand next to the older.

 

What the are you doing here?” He spat at the girl who glared back ferociously.

 

I'm talking with my boyfriend,” She retorted. “What you saw at Minho's party wasn't enough of a proof already?”

 

Hyukjae was about to reach for her and knock some sense into her idiotic head, but Donghae grabbed his arm and pulled him back. He gave him a frown, wondering the reason why the younger was stopping him when it was obvious he wanted to hit her as much as he did. He briefly wondered if it was because the brunette actually wanted the honor to slap her for himself, but all the questions that had popped up in his head disappeared when Donghae abruptly pulled him down for a breathtaking kiss. His mind went blank the moment his mouth crashed against his own, the younger's tongue immediately demanding entrance. He parted his lips slightly, shivering when their pink, wet muscle met into yet another searing kiss. He could only focus on the way Donghae's hands roughly grabbed his red locks, pulling on them and deepening the kiss needily, while everything else faded to the very back of his mind clouded with pleasure. Hyukjae absolutely liked it when Donghae acted needy and shameless like this. He let out a groan when their tongue twined and twirled together into a furious dance, pressing his own body closer to the other's. He wrapped his arms around Donghae's waist, tilting his head to the side as the latter moaned loudly, aggressively roaming his wet, sleek muscle in his hot cavern, sweeping around every corners of his delicious mouth. Donghae's groans and moans were getting louder and louder, making the redhead shiver with need every time the pleasured sounds left his plump, pink lips. He growled loudly into the kiss, successfully pulling out a whimper from the younger, and nibbled on his lower lip. Donghae grabbed a hold of his neck with one hand while the other traveled down to cup his cheek. Hyukjae suddenly gasped for air when the other lustfully on his tongue, a loud moan of his own escaping his swollen red lips. He groaned again, feeling his groin hardening more and more with each and Donghae provided him with. The lack of oxygen wasn't even a problem at this point, the two of them not caring one bit of the fact that they were heavily panting. They only wanted to kiss, to prove to one another that nobody was leaving anybody. Hyukjae wanted to tell the younger that he was sorry, that Hyunah was nothing and that he only loved him. Donghae also hoped that the redhead would forgive him for the wrong conclusions he had made, that he loved him too. Pouring all their emotions in that long, sole kiss, they tried to convey all the love they had for the other, silently promising that they were each other's lovers, and nobody else's.

The bell suddenly rang, startling the both of them, forcing the two boys apart. They were panting heavily, their face flushed and their lips swollen. Donghae's eyes had considerably darkened with lust and need, his eyes hungrily roaming over Hyukjae's figure, who shivered violently under his boyfriend's intense eyes. The brunette whipped around to face Hyunah, whose face had been drained of all her colors, before he spat angrily.

 

I hope that was enough of a proof for you,” He hissed with venom. “Hyukjae is my boyfriend, got it, you ing ?!”

 

The blonde girl didn't reply, too shocked to utter a word. Donghae grunted menacingly, before letting out a shaky sigh.

 

I need to calm down...” He grumbled, before glancing at his lover. “I'm going first, see you.”

 

Hyukjae nodded, watching his boyfriend disappear among the forming crowd of students, before he turned around and grabbed Hyunah by her collar. The latter yelped in fright, trying to struggle out of his strong hold.

If you understood, now leave me alone,” He growled. “You'd better not tell about this to anyone, or I swear I'm going to break all the ing bones of your body.”

 

With a last glare, he let go of her and walked off to his class, hoping to see Donghae again before the start of the period, a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment making him smirk widely.

 

 

 

Donghae and Hyukjae successfully spent the rest of the few minutes left of the break without any further incidents involving Hyunah. After congratulating themselves for triumphantly getting rid of the blonde girl by furiously making out on the rooftop of the high school, they both went back to their respective classes with disappointed expressions. On his way to History class, the redhead received a text from Donghae asking whether the latter was going to dance practice or not after school. As Hyukjae sent him a positive answer, someone suddenly threw an arm over his shoulders. Fighting the urge to throw his fist straight into that person's face, the redhead whipped around, only to see Heechul and Kyuhyun. The latter had a firm hold around his shoulders while the oldest had folded his arms on his chest, a scowl plastered on his face. Hyukjae raised a disbelieving eyebrow, stating in a mumble that he was late for class in an attempt to escape, but the Senior was faster and grabbed his arm before dragging him toward a secluded area of the hallway. Hyukjae perfectly knew that if he really tried to do so, he could just have broke Kyuhyun's arm and ran off to his classroom. But given the fact that this rude brat was technically his boyfriend's best friend, the redhead decided to murderously glare at him instead. Kyuhyun didn't seem too be much phased by it, though, and soon they stopped next to a long line of old and rusty lockers, at the opposite end of the hallway where he was supposed to have class. The youngest brunette finally let go of his arm and Hyukjae grunted unhappily, smoothing out the now rumpled sleeve of his jacket with a hard scowl, before leaning back against the wall. Heechul narrowed his eyes at him, impatiently spatting at a kid who was still wandering around to go to class quickly, before he focused his attention on Hyukjae. The latter raised a challenging eyebrow and the Senior snorted, tapping his foot on the dirty tiled floor. Kyuhyun stared at him emotionless, as if trying to find an answer to all the questions he had.

Hyukjae sighed deeply, already knowing why the two boys had decided to act this way ; they wanted to make sure that he wasn't going to hurt Donghae anymore. The redhead didn't usually hang out a lot with neither of them, but he already knew them enough to understand how protective and caring they were toward his boyfriend. It was sort of relieving because it helped him to know – more or less, whenever the both of them would decide to forcefully kick some sense in his head – what he had done wrong or what he was supposed to do. Moreover, it felt good to know that Donghae had such reliable friends by his sides. However, it was annoying for the most part ; Hyukjae knew that they accused him for making the brunette cry but he was already feeling bad enough about it. Donghae's family were already giving him a hard time, he didn't need two other clowns like them to try acting all tough around him.

He rolled his eyes with exasperation but kept quiet still. Despite what he liked to believe, Hyukjae had to admit that he was still slightly scared of Kim Heechul ; the latter was too eccentric and loud for him and his threats were usually too realistic to be jokes. He frowned a little when nobody talked at first, until Heechul let out a sigh.

 

Lee Hyukjae,” He said sternly and the interested frowned. “You know I like you. Sort of. Nah, not really. Just for your body, actually ; you're handsome and y, and all that . But you got to think about it seriously, you little er. I don't accept, neither do I forgive easily when someone make my precious dongsaeng cry. You made Donghae cry. You're already lucky I still didn't rip your throat with chopsticks and shoved you balls in it, bastard.”

 

Siwon told me what exactly happened,” Kyuhyun mumbled. “He told me that... that it wasn't really your fault, actually.” He grimaced, as if he was having a hard time to admit Hyukjae was indeed innocent. “So I guess I shouldn't have hit you. Even if you kind of deserved it. But seriously, dude. Don't make him cry. Ever.”

 

You guys know that relationships aren't always bright and happy, right?” Hyukjae raised an eyebrow at them. “ happens, and even if I want to avoid them, I won't be able to do anything. I mean, if we didn't fight from time to time, where would be all the fun? It's when we fight that we realize we... have strong feelings for each other.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded thoughtfully while Heechul rolled his eyes, disliking the way this conversation was turning all sentimental.

 

Wait,” Kyuhyun spoke slowly, his eyes narrowing at the redhead. “When you say... 'Strong feelings', you mean you love him, right?” Hyukjae wanted to protest but the furious blush that appeared on his face was enough of an answer and he cursed Kyuhyun's quick perspicacity. “So it means – it means that -... Oh my ing God!” He suddenly shouted out. “You guys did it! You guys ing did it!”

 

What, what, did what?” Heechul shrieked with a sudden excitation as Hyukjae tried to shush them with menacing glares.

 

They ed!” Kyuhyun hissed with wide eyes. “I mean, it's so obvious! Donghae keeps saying he wants to find true love or whatnot and – and that he wants to make love – not just ! – with someone who will properly confess to him. Lee ing Hyukjae, did you with my best friend?!”

 

No!” Hyukjae lied. “No, we didn't! We just – I just -...”

 

Oh my great Shisus with briefs,” Heechul breathed, mouth agape. “You really did. Come on, it's written all over your face! You ing slept with my dongsaeng?! Don't tell me – you were the big spoon, weren't you?!” He abruptly grabbed Hyukjae's shoulders and shook him like a fruit tree, dramatically shouting like a mad man. “You ing lucky bastard!”

 

Kyuhyun spat colorful insults at him, calling him names and threatening him on his life, while Heechul kept trying to dig some juicy information from the redhead. The latter was about to reach his breaking point, doing his best to control his utter annoyance and not just send the two of them straight to a hospital with a broken nose, and possibly an arm, judging by the way Heechul was hurtfully digging his nails in the flesh of his shoulder.

 

Shisus help me, he groaned inwardly, exasperated. They're so lucky Donghae is friend with them.

 

 

 

When Kyuhyun barged in Mathematics class shortly after, panting and face flushed, Donghae had only raised a mocking eyebrow, before reddening in embarrassment and anger when his best friend, after settling down next to him, ask him a little bit too loudly if it was true that Hyukjae had ed him. The brunette had widened his eyes in shock, wondering how the other had learned about it, before hurriedly shushing him down. He glanced around him, glad that seemingly nobody had heard Kyuhyun, before he glared at the latter.

 

We didn't '', as you put it,” He hissed in an angry whisper. “We just –...”

 

What, 'made love'?” Kyuhyun asked sarcastically.

 

So what if we did?”

 

I can't believe it. Why didn't you tell me? I'm your best friend!”

 

Exactly because of this ; I knew you were going to be annoying about it.”

 

Of course I am,” The younger exclaimed. “Come on, dude. Tell me everything.”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes in exasperation, fiddling with a pencil while murmuring “Sometimes, you're worst than a girl. Worse than Heechul hyung, even.”

 

In return, Kyuhyun didn't talk to him until the end of the period. Donghae wasn't sure if it really was a bad thing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When classes finally ended, after interminable hours when Donghae and Hyukjae had to endure Kyuhyun's and Heechul's constant teasing, the both of them headed toward the bus stop in front of the high school, looking exhausted. Donghae sighed tiredly and the redhead glanced at him. He wordlessly brushed off some brown locks out of his boyfriend's forehead, who grinned sweetly at him, before putting his hands back in his pockets, mostly because he was too scared not to be able stopping himself from ravishing Donghae's lips like he yearned to. They started to chat and to laugh loudly while waiting for the bus, Hyukjae teasing the younger whenever he could. He playfully tugged on his hair, snickering when Donghae threw him an annoyed glare. He smiled down at him mockingly, earning a scoff in return, before he softly ran his fingers through his brown hair. Donghae's eyes fluttered close briefly, sighing in contentment as Hyukjae continued to lovingly his head, leaning against his warm hand. He almost whined when the redhead dropped his hand, pouting slightly when Hyukjae chuckled at him, until he saw the bus approaching. When they got on, politely nodding at the driver, they directly walked to the back of the vehicle, sitting at two empty seats near the window. Donghae put his bag on his lap, hugging it like a pillow, while absently staring out the window. The redhead gazed at him silently before he leaned down until his lips were barely brushing against his cheek. He hummed a little, wrapping his arms around Donghae's waist as the latter grumbled only for good measure, uncaring of the fact that there were other passengers on the bus. Hyukjae laughed when the brunette cursed at him for being a tease, his mouth never quite touching his sensitive skin. With a happy hum, he finally gave a real peck on Donghae's cheek, before leaning back in his chair while stretching and yawning.

He was feeling too lazy to genuinely be excited to go to dance practice, but the dance competition was this week-end and he wanted his routine to be absolutely perfect. Although he couldn't stand Hyoyeon's bossy attitude and cursing, dance had always been one of his passions. He loved dancing, therefore dealing with his childhood classmate wasn't too bad – and if he really had to admit it, Hyoyeon and him were kind of friends, when they both tried hard enough. Moreover, Donghae was always waiting for him in the dance studio and it made him feel good and warm inside.

The brunette usually spent those hours with studying or reading, and he had quite never saw Hyukjae dance for real. It wasn't that he wasn't interested – all the contrary, actually. However, Donghae wanted to see him dance in front of everybody, to watch him shine under the glaring lights of projectors. He wanted everybody to see the borderline perfection of a dancer his boyfriend was. He had peeked on the dance practice once or twice, when failing at keeping his eyes focused on the lines of reading he was supposed to do, and he had to admit that Hyukaje was really a great dancer. One of the best he had ever seen. Donghae also liked to dance but the redhead didn't need to know that – yet. He didn't know why, but it was thrilling to know that he still had some secrets of his own. He wanted to show him his skills, too, one day, but on a special occasion.

Shortly after, they got down at their stop, before heading toward the dance studio. As soon as they went in, greeting the few people also present, Hyukjae entwined his fingers with Donghae's, tenderly squeezing his hand. The brunette glanced at him with curious eyes, before he gave him a sweet smile. Hyukjae smirked at the younger before pressing his lips against his. Donghae's eyes fluttered close as they both stopped in their tracks, in the middle of the staircase leading to the first floor and the studios. Still securely holding Hyukjae's hand, he brought his other hand up to cup his cheek, sighing happily as he tilted his head to the side, slipping his tongue inside the redhead's hot cavern. He smugly smirked upon feeling the other shiver when their sweet, pink muscle met into a sweet but intense kiss. Hyukjae groaned a little, letting the younger do as he pleased when the brunette pushed him until his back was pressed against the handrail. Their tongue entwined and twirled furiously together, the kiss becoming more and more intense with each and . The air around them was getting thicker and hotter with what seemed like unbearable love, one that could only be fulfilled with a physical connection. They both knew that they wanted, needed the other, but in contrary of what most people would have thought, they didn't want to rush things. It wasn't just for physical pleasure ; it was the fact that they trusted and loved each other enough to break this last fence of their relationship, no matter what could happen in the future. To make love, Hyukjae realized as he let out a low moan of his own while eagerly on Donghae's tongue, doesn't have anything to do with having . To love someone physically involves so much feelings, so much emotions that one could not describe. Having is meaningless and can happen anytime, while making love holds a deeper promise for both lovers.

As Donghae sighed contently, the both of them still engrossed into their intense lip-lock, Hyukjae traveled his free hand to his waist. They parted lightly, Hyukjae trailing light kisses on his cheeks, nose and eyes, until Donghae giggled softly.

 

Hey, the love-birds,” A familiar, cheery voice hollered them.

 

The two boys jolted slightly in surprise, looking up to the top of the staircase, where Hyoyeon was watching them with glittering eyes, her hands on her hips. Hyukjae immediately scowled while Donghae almost yelped, unwillingly hiding his face into the redhead's shirt while shyly waving at the girl.

 

Come on, we have a lot on our plate right now.” She stated. “Hurry up, Monkey , we need you to be here before we start.”

 

She sent them a sly smirk before gracefully flipping her hair back and turning back to go in the practice room.

 

What do you mean, 'a lot on our plate',” Hyukjae grumbled as he pushed him off the wall of the staircase, snorting at the way Donghae's confidence had dramatically faltered in front of the blond girl. “I still don't understand you,” He commented as they climbed the stairs up. “Why are you still so scared of that chick?”

 

I don't know,” Donghae grumbled unhappily. “It's not like I like it either, .”

 

You say the nicest words, brainless ,” He retorted sarcastically.

 

The brunette painfully punched his shoulder as they went in the dance studio. Hyukjae sighed loudly upon seeing the kids of the dance group, already feeling tired. With a last peck on Donghae's lips and a cranky grumble toward Hyoyeon, he took his sweatpants and an old t-shirt out of his bag before disappearing in the locker-room of the building to change his outfit.

As his boyfriend went out of the room, Donghae awkwardly shuffled toward an empty corner, cursing himself under his breath for being still so weak in front of those people, after all this time hanging around them. He slumped down on the shining-clean floor, sighing with exasperation. After all those years living, no progress had been achieved on his 'naughty mouth' problem. It was true he could now freely interact with Hyukjae, which was actually quite a miracle, but it was still inexplicable as to why he still struggled to talk with strangers. The kids of the dance troupe had all tried to befriend with him but his internal problem didn't allow him to do anything about it ; much to Hyukjae's contentment. Donghae had realized, after spending so much time with him (almost all his time), that the redhead was extremely possessive and jealous. It was actually something they had in common. As he remembered with an amused snort the way Hyukjae had murderously glared at the Kai kid this one time, almost making him faint in fear, his lover came back in the room, wearing a simple gray wife-beaters and dark sweatpants. He glanced a last time at the brunette, before the music started.

It was the very first time Donghae seriously watched the rehearsal of their routine, and it was really amazing. Chewing on his lower lip with admiration, he looked at the way Hyukjae's would swiftly move on the floor, his eyes concentrated. His whole body was perfectly following the rhythm of the song playing, almost becoming one with the melody. The moves were sharp and smooth, sensual and aggressive. The redhead just knew how to make perfect hip-s (Donghae had experienced it himself already) that would make a heart jump out of one's chest, and perform seductive body rolls that made people blush.

As the last beat of the song resonated in the practice room and Hyukjae dropped his head, his charisma radiating everywhere, Donghae couldn't help but to applaud cheerfully. Hyukjae glanced at him with a raised eyebrow and he gave him the thumbs-up, smiling widely. The redhead rolled his eyes playfully, before going back to his initial position after exchanging a couple of insults when Hyoyeon almost spat at him to move his .

 

The dance troupe practiced for hours, until Donghae eventually fell asleep against the wall. It was the cold and the muffled sounds of conversations that awoke him. Blinking, he squeezed his eyes shut when the glaring lights of the room almost burnt his dark orbs. Yawning tiredly, he stretched with a moan, looking for his boyfriend with his eyes. Looking down, he noted that Hyukjae's coat had been carefully wrapped around him so he wouldn't catch a cold, and a pleased smile crept on his lips. Groaning a little as his back hurt from sleeping in such an uncomfortable position, Donghae spotted the redhead coming toward him with a bottle of fresh water in hands. He was sweating and panting, looking exhausted as he slumped down next to him. The brunette gazed at him silently, before handing him a nearby clean towel. Hyukjae took it with a thankful peck on the cheek, wiping his dripping wet face.

 

I'm so ing tired,” He stated. “Tonight was exhausting. We only have four or five days left and the other kids still make stupid mistakes in the middle of the routine. They're freaking annoying.”

 

Donghae snorted, sipping from the redhead's water bottle. Hyoyeon silently waved at them a last time before the kids and she went out of the practice room. There were only the two boys left in the room, silently leaning against each other.

 

When is the dance competition exactly?” Donghae eventually asked as Hyukjae rested his head on his shoulder.

 

Sunday,” He replied and Donghae nodded thoughtfully. “It begins at three o'clock in the afternoon, something like that.”

 

Is Siwon going to come?” The brunette asked. “Your family... probably won't, right?”

 

They don't even know I'm still dancing, after all this time,” Hyukjae snorted. “They don't approve at all. Oh, but my sister said she will be there.”

 

Really?”

 

Yep. I talked to her yesterday. She comes back from the USA for a few weeks,” Hyukjae continued as he played with the brunette's fingers, tracing soothing circles on his palm. “I told her about you, too.”

 

What?!” Donghae suddenly exclaimed, pushing him off. Startled, Hyukjae straightened up and stared at his boyfriend with surprised eyes. “You told her about me? What did you say?”

 

Well... It was when we weren't talking to each other anymore, so you know ; I just exposed the current situation and I told her about you. What's the big problem?”

 

Donghae let out a long, desperate groan as he punched Hyukjae's shoulder, giving him an exasperated scowl. He face-palmed himself, whining like a child as the redhead frowned at the younger.

 

What the hell?” He mumbled.

 

You told her about our fight, didn't you?” Donghae exclaimed frantically. “That I was a rude jerk for nothing and that I'm a big idiot. Oh my God, now she probably thinks that I'm an annoying, PMSing lunatic bastard who throws -fits every once in a while!”

 

Hyukjae bit the inside of his cheek to prevent himself from bursting out in laughter, watching the way the brunette was panicking. It was funny to realize how worried Donghae looked, as if he was scared that his sister might actually dislike him. The redhead was pleased to see that his lover was trying his best to look like a good boyfriend in front of Sora, the one member family he loved the most. It made him feel warm inside, glad that Donghae was his boyfriend ; the latter could, just with one smile or one word, cheer his mood up and make him forget about all his concerns.

Hyukjae also wished for the two most important persons of his life, Sora and Donghae, to get along well, although he was pretty sure his sister already like the brunette, despite that they didn't meet yet. The last time they had called each other, the girl seemed ecstatic to learn that he had found someone he loved, someone that properly took care of him.

The redhead grinned a little. It was true that he was lucky and he wouldn't trade it for anything. He was content with Donghae by his sides, the one who was able to make him feel happy and light just in a matter of seconds. He gazed at his lover, raising his eyebrows while a loving smile appeared on his lips, watching the brunette whinging still.

 

I'm sure she hates me! You gave her such a bad first impression of me despite the fact she's the family member you care the most for!”

 

Why would she hate you?” The redhead laughed in disbelief. “She doesn't even know you.”

 

But still!” Donghae insisted with a frown. “I mean, I would have liked you to talk about me when – when we just kissed and you want to talk about your overwhelming feelings for me, not when you feel sad and depressed because I was being an !”

 

You weren't being an '',” Hyukjae rolled his eyes as he folded his arms on his chest, reluctant to go back on this subject again. He knew that Donghae still felt slightly guilty toward him, the weak part of his personality blaming himself for starting their fight, but the redhead didn't care about it anymore. “She actually quite likes you. And if you don't believe me, I can always give her a call, you know?”

 

What? No!” Donghae immediately protested, cussing loudly when the redhead took his phone out of his bag.

 

Hyukjae laughed loudly, holding his cellphone high up in the air so the brunette couldn't pry it out of his hand. Keeping the device at an arm-length away from him, he let out another fit of laughter when Donghae clawed in the air, a pissed-off expression directed toward him. An amused smirk playing on his lips, he scrolled down through his contact list, looking for his sister's profile. With a last teasing glance to his annoyed boyfriend, who was still complaining and whining childishly, he tapped on his sister's name, starting the phone call.

Donghae shrieked in panic, trying to act as cute as possible so the redhead would end the call, whining and pleading with a high-pitched voice, clinging tightly on Hyukjae's arm. However, the older was smarter and avoided his eyes, staring at his phone instead. The brunette struggled to push Hyukjae away, desperate to grab the smartphone and maybe throw it out the window. Hyukjae laughed loudly again, his low voice resonating in the practice room, sneaking an arm around his waist to keep him in place while the first ringing tone was heard. Donghae punched his shoulder, growling dangerously at him.

 

End the ing call, you idiotic primate!” Donghae hissed loudly in panic.

 

Calm down, sweetie,” Hyukjae sing-sung mockingly, pecking his forehead. “She's not going to eat you.”

 

Donghae gave him a hard glare before he hurtfully kicked his shin, eliciting a cry of pain out of his boyfriend, then successfully grabbed the device out of his hand. He was about to let out a cheer of victory as he securely wrapped his fingers around the phone, when a soft, feminine voice spoke up in English. Freezing in place, Donghae stared at the cellphone with wide eyes, realizing with a horrified expression that the call had been finally connected, at the worst timing possible. The brunette let out a squeal of embarrassment as Sora spoke up again, asking for his name, blushing furiously as he shoved the device into Hyukjae's face. Whimpering desperately, he threw himself at the redhead, who was laughing his off, hiding his face into his shirt, his hands clutching at the back of the tissue. “Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God,” He kept mumbling as Hyukjae kept chuckling, bringing the phone to his ear. He patted Donghae's head, soothing his brown locks while giving him an innocent smile. The brunette glared at him, harshly biting on his collar bone and making him hiss in pain as his sister's voice started to gradually sound more annoyed.

 

Noona,” He called between two fits of laughter, patting Donghae's head. “How are you?”

 

Quite well,” She replied from the other side of the line, after spluttering a couple of curses at him for making her wait for so long. “Why are you suddenly calling? And who was the one squealing like a girl when I first answered?”

 

Donghae whined again in his chest, glaring at his boyfriend while grumbling under his breath. “Whose fault is it if I squealed like a girl, motherer,” he gritted through his teeth unhappily, as Hyukjae chuckled, his soft hair.

 

Sorry,” He apologized to his sister while laughing still. “That was Donghae, by the way. You know, my boyfriend?”

 

Ooooh, Donghae, really?” Sora exclaimed. “Can I talk to him?”

 

Of course,” He replied, ignoring Donghae's pleading look. “Here.” With an innocent grin, he handed the phone to the brunette who pouted unhappily, unconsciously jutting his lower lip out.

 

H – Hello?” He stammered, cursing himself for it. my ing life, this is all your fault, stupid dickhead.

 

Oh, hi!” Sora's voice reached his ears through the device with a joyful tone. Her voice was clear and soft, almost calming like Arah's, Kyuhyun's sister. Instantly, Donghae decided he liked her, which made him feel even more nervous as she continued. “You're Hyukjae's boyfriend, right? Does he take good care of you?”

 

I – uh – it depends, I guess,” He mumbled, sticking his tongue out at the redhead's offended expression. Not really at the moment, if you must know. But I'll take care of him later. “But most of the time, yes.”

 

Sora laughed cheerfully, stating that Hyukjae probably was the worst boyfriend ever, but Donghae could hear the teasing in her voice. She started talking about her younger brother, sharing funny anecdotes about him while Hyukjae yelled at her to stop talking already. However, the brunette could notice that they both really cared for the other, Sora's voice softening every time she was voicing Hyukjae's name out, a hint of sibling love mixed with a motherly one ringing warmly in her tone

Donghae did his best to answer properly to each of her question, trying not to stammer too much, until he finally handed the phone back to his right owner, after biding his good-bye to Sora. Feeling exhausted, he slumped down on the floor with a heavy sigh, using Hyukjae's lap as a pillow while a frustrated whine escaped his lips. The redhead smiled down at him, his cheeks with his thumbs.

 

Yo, noona,” The older said. “So see you Sunday?”

 

Yeah,” She replied. “I can't wait to meet Donghae! He seems like a nice guy. A little shy, but well. I guess I'm surprised you two managed to bound together.”

 

Yeah,” Hyukjae smirked with a snicker. “He's quite shy, as you said. And we bounded alright.”

 

Donghae threw him a scandalized glare, punching him in the stomach as Hyukjae ended the call.

 

You bastard!” He yelled immediately. “How could you do this to me?”

 

Because it was so freaking funny!” Hyukjae laughed loudly, holding his stomach as he slid on the floor, tears appearing at the corners of his eyes when Donghae straddled his hips and started playfully punching him.

 

That was so embarrassing!” Donghae groaned with a pout. “I can't believe you did this to me, Lee Hyukjae.”

 

The interested smirked smugly, supporting his head with his forearm on the floor, while he lifted his hand to lovingly Donghae's cheek. The latter scowled at him, folding his arms on his chest stubbornly. Hyukjae snickered softly before he forced him to lean down, until their lips touched.

Shortly after, they were hungrily kissing, forgetting the fact that it was late and that they were the only ones left in the building.


Hello guys! It's been a while!

Here is the first part of Reconciliation. I hope you guys guys all enjoyed it, please tell me what you think :) I was originally supposed to post chapter 17 and chapter 18 all together but it was 29 pages XD So I decided to split it and make it a double update ~

 

Thank you to my Twin wan mei for bêta-ing 8D And if you still see mistakes somewhere (ugh), I sincerely apologize.

 

Thank you for reading ~ Comment, upvote and susbribers are always appreciated <3