Because I Love You

One Sided Love

 

Kyuhyun’s POV
It’s been two weeks since I had that little love talk with Siwon and I’m just grateful that I hadn’t met him since that day. Well I did my best to avoid seeing him but strangely that wasn’t hard since he wasn’t around at all. Maybe he finally understood? That’s weird, he looks stubborn. I didn’t think he would give up this easily.

Well, it’s for the best. I didn’t want to talk about my past love life anyway. Just remembering it makes me sick.

Even though it happened two years ago when that … how should I call her … manipulative, low-life, , cheated on me... it's still getting on my nerves whenever I think of her, which I hadn’t been doing a lot lately but now that Siwon had to bring up the love thing, I’m now left with those memories aching in my heart.

I was eighteen years old, a senior in high school and she was a third year college student. Yes, how ironic! I fell in love with a girl that was three years older than me and Siwon is now in love with me, that’s four years older than him. Why does life playing tricks on me?

...

I first met her in a small café that I used to go to whenever I had a free period or when I wanted to clear my head. It was small, calm and didn’t have a lot of customers.

One day, I was having hot cocoa while doing my homework like I usually did whenever I went there, and that day, she started working at the café. She was so beautiful and had a killer smile that made you smile as well. She didn’t have dimples like Siwon does, but still a beautiful smile.

A week later, she approached me and asked to join me. I, of course, agreed since I had been stealing glances at her ever since the first time I saw her, not to mention how I kind of overreacted in going to the café like every single day.

We talked and laughed until it was already dark outside and I had to go back home, but luckily for me she asked for my phone number. I know she already mentioned she was in college and so she was older than me, but I didn’t mind it since I thought it was a big chance for her to actually like me.

I was wrong, well I thought I was. The next day she called me and asked if we can meet somewhere outside the café. I excitedly agreed and was jumping around my room when she called it ‘a date’. I was so happy over the idea of a girl like her actually liking someone like me.

So like that we went out and she even kissed me by the end of our date. Thankfully, even though I was only eighteen I was tall and about her height, so it wasn’t awkward at all.

...

She took my first kiss and second and third … then after a month, she also took my ity. Well we weren’t publicly dating since she was older than me and it would’ve been very inappropriate, so we mostly spent time at her dorm room or at the café because no one from my school or hers goes there.

Considering the time we spent at her empty free dorm room, wasn’t something we could’ve avoided, especially since I liked her a lot and grew to love her later on. So we kept on living like that for a year, and I was having a great time. I was nineteen by then, first year in college and I even thought of telling my parents about her, but she opposed saying I’m still young.

Anyhow, by the end of my first year which made it the end of her college, she dumped me.

I had just finished my classes for the day and I wanted to stop by her room to see her. As I was standing in front of her door, I heard weird noises that I immediately knew what was going on inside. I kept on knocking on the door in such a rage until a guy opened it, clearly very upset about the interrupt. Nevertheless, I didn’t care about him or the insults he was throwing at me. My sight landed on what was far behind him and my heart broke in an instant. She was lying on the same bed where she took my innocence, the bed where I first told her I loved her.

...

What hurt the most wasn’t only the fact that she cheated, but the fact that she didn’t look surprise at all. Like she didn’t even care that I walked up on her ing someone else. She slowly stood up, wore a robe and walked to me. She shamelessly put her arm around the man’s waist, and smiling at me she told me to 'shoo'.  Not like ‘sorry but I don’t love you anymore’, or 'sorry it just happened'. NO. It was ‘did you really think I loved you? You were just fun to waste time with since my boyfriend here wasn’t around’.

Turns out I was just some doll that she used to satisfy her eager needs. She bluntly admitted that I looked pure and innocent that she couldn’t resist me. However, I wasn’t the boyfriend material since I was a high school student and just a temporarily replacement until her real boyfriend came back.

She played me like a piano. She devastated me. I really loved her and I did everything for her but she used me. She used me then threw me out like a piece of garbage. I’M GETTING SO FREAKING MAD JUST THINKING ABOUT IT AGAIN!

Which is why, I cannot let Siwon get too close to me. He needs to realize that I’m not the one for him. He should have fun and enjoy his life while he’s young. I don’t think I’m going to love anytime soon and I honesty don’t want to.

He needs to understand that I won’t love him. Not only because I don’t want to, but because he’s sixteen. I won’t be the one taking his innocence away, not after knowing what that feels like.

...

Five years and Five Months Ago

At The Dorm

“Siwon-ah! Long time no see” Shindong exclaimed after seeing Siwon entering the living room along with Donghae.

“Hyung, how have you been?” Siwon shyly asked after bowing to the people sitting there. There were Leeteuk and Kangin watching some show that they made an appearance in, Shindong eating Ramyun and Yesung doing something in his computer.

“We missed you around here”

Leeteuk stated while smiling at him, making him blush and before the latter could respond, Hyukjae came out of the kitchen “Who missed who?” However as he saw Siwon, he once again wrapped him in a sudden hug while showing his gummy smile “Siwon-ah! Where have you been hiding?”

“What about me Hyukkie?” Donghae pouted, clearly jealous of the way Hyukjae was showing his affection towards his little brother.

“Aaaw I just saw you this morning Hae!” Everyone in the living room started laughing but as Donghae was about to snap at them, Hyukjae engulfed him in a hug, making his pout turn into a wide grin.

...

As the living room was full of laughter, Siwon took that chance to approach Yesung who was immersed in doing some turtle research on his laptop, and ask him about the person who was the reason for him to come to the dorm in the first place.

“Yesung hyung, is Kyuhyun hyung in his room?” Yesung shot him a weird look but as Siwon gave him one of his hypnotizing smiles, the latter nodded with a smile as well.

So seeing how the others were already talking about some schedule they have, Siwon slowly walked out of the living room and headed upstairs.

...

Standing in front of Kyuhyun’s room, Siwon took a deep breath clearing his mind before knocking on the door. Not until a few seconds that he heard a faint ‘come in’ and decided to open the door.

Kyuhyun was sitting on his bed crossed legs with his laptop in front him, obviously playing Starcraft which Siwon wasn’t surprised about it. However, he was surprised seeing how Kyuhyun looked very alluring in his tad big t-shirt that slipped down his shoulder exposing his collarbone and giving Siwon a look at the pale skin underneath, leaving his heart in a messy beat.

The reason Siwon hadn't been around in the last month wasn't because he was avoiding Kyuhyun. It was because of his exams and so he only had time to study. Of course Kyuhyun had never left his mind during that month, but he thought it was for the best to wait until he was all cleared to approach Kyuhyun again.

...

So as Kyuhyun was waiting for whoever it was that dared to disturb his precious time playing video games, the intruder was in such a daze that he didn’t utter a single word. However feeling two staring eyes on him, Kyuhyun paused the game and turned to see who it was.

“Can I help-…” He didn’t get to finish his question when he realized it was Siwon.

“Hey” Siwon greeted after snapping out of his amazement over Kyuhyun’s milky skin.

“What are you doing here, Siwon?” Kyuhyun asked in a harsh tone, determined to end this little thing Siwon had for him.

Without being invited, Siwon walked to the edge of the bed and made himself comfortable while his eyes never left Kyuhyun’s.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m going to talk. You listen”

Kyuhyun was left speechless. The sixteen years old boy was daringly ordering him to listen. Eyebrows nearly touching the hairline, Kyuhyun didn’t seem to budge from his place. He just silently stared at Siwon, waiting for what he was about to say.

“You’ve been hurt before, I get that. Your heart won’t trust in love again, I get that. Your feelings for me are not the same as mine, I get that. However, you can’t imagine yourself loving me because I’m sixteen? I don’t get that. Because I’m Donghae’s little brother, I don’t get that”

Siwon fell silent for a moment since he was expecting Kyuhyun to bash at him or even kick him out, but surprisingly, he didn’t. Siwon stood up, walked closer to Kyuhyun, cupped his cheeks and let their gazes meet.

“I love you Cho Kyuhyun. And because I love you, I want to see you happy. No matter what it takes, I’m going to make you believe in love again. It doesn’t matter if you don’t love me because as long as you’re happy, I’m happy. I’m going to make you see how I feel about you no matter how long it will take. Because Cho Kyuhyun …” He pressed a chaste kiss on Kyuhyun’s forehead before tenderly smiling at him and adding “I love you”

He then left the room, leaving a confound, astonished Kyuhyun behind.

...

The Present Day

“So did he believe again?”

“Yeah”

"I see there's a 'but'?"

Siwon sadly smiles before retreating to his room.


I just started typing and Kyu's past turned out that way :(
Anyway, Siwon is not giving up! 
Wonder how he made Kyuhyun believe in love again :p