First Words

One Sided Love

 

Six years Ago

Since it had been only two years after Super Junior’s debut, Donghae didn’t have that much money to buy a new house, so instead he rented one. It was beautiful and quite spacious to live in with his brother, and even though it was expensive, the look on Siwon’s face when he saw it was more than enough to forget about all the tiny details.

So that night they stayed up and chatted half of the night before sleep won over them and each retreated to his own room. Donghae immediately fell asleep since he was tired, but Siwon on the other hand couldn’t sleep that easily. His mind was occupied by a certain man that he wanted to know more about, and that was when it struck him, the internet.

Well it was true that Siwon’s brother Donghae was also on the band and it was normal for Siwon to know about it or listen to their songs, but he wasn’t into K-pop that much, and besides they just debuted and Siwon was only focusing on his studies at that moment.

However, all of that was soon changing when curiosity took over his brain. So without wasting any time, he rose from his bed and his laptop. He typed ‘Super Junior Maknae’ in the search box and suddenly that same beating that occurred to him earlier happened again when a lot of pictures of ‘Kyuhyun’ showed up on the screen.

Siwon’s fingers were frozen on his lap and his eyes were unfocusly wandering from one picture to another, they couldn’t seem to stop at one. Finally when he cleared his thoughts, he managed to click on one of the pictures and was soon directed to a page about the members information.

Siwon didn’t care much about the others, he just wanted to know more about Kyuhyun. So he scrolled down to the bottom of the page and there it was a list of Kyuhyun’s personal and professional info.

Cho Kyuhyun, 20 years old.
Youngest Member of Super Junior, joined on 2006.
Nicknames: Maknae, EvilKyu, GameKyu, BabyKyu
Favourite activities: Singing and playing Starcraft
...

A smile was plastered on Siwon’s face while reading about the person who got him doing stupid things like googling someone. So far, Siwon was only interested in his studies and nothing more. Since the loss of his parents, school was the only thing he had to keep his mind off things. But now, he had a new interest called, Cho Kyuhyun, and he was determined to find out more about him.

The Present Day

“What are you daydreaming about again?”

“Ah Minho-ah, I just spaced out”

“I don’t need to guess what you were thinking about, or who, may I say?”

“You know me too well”

Siwon laughs at his friend’s comment. They have been friends for three years now and Minho knows him very well. He’s the one who kind of make it easier to not get home sick or to miss that special someone.

“Three years Siwon. I’ve known you for three years and yet your heart doesn’t beat for someone else. Well true we’re cramped with these unending subjects and don’t have time to go out that much, but there are a lot of students here who are interested in you”

“Minho-ah, your mouth keeps moving but all I can hear or think of is Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun …” Siwon pats Minho’s shoulder before walking away from his friend smiling and repeating Kyuhyun’s name over and over again until he disappeared into one of the rooms.

Six years Ago

So after that night when Siwon googled Kyuhyun up, the latter’s image never left his mind. Siwon didn’t even know that he was into guys at all. True, he never dated anyone but that was only because he wasn’t interested. Apparently, he was into guys now, or maybe it was just Kyuhyun?

Well, no matter what that feeling was, it wasn’t easy for Siwon to sleep that night when different kinds of thoughts were running through his head. What is he like? Will he like me? Will I be able to hear that voice again?

Even though those questions were popping into his mind, Siwon didn’t know yet how to describe the feeling he had for the guy. I mean it was a glimpse, they didn’t even talk. Siwon wasn’t the kind to believe in love at first sight, so he would like to figure out why he was so interested in Kyuhyun. That was why he was waiting for Donghae to take him to the dorm again.

Unfortunately, the next day Siwon was supposed to go to his new high school to get his schedule and meet the director so he had a busy day. It wasn’t until the third day after he got back to Korea that he finally had a chance to go.

Luckily for him, Donghae had forgot some songs sheets back at the dorm and so he had to stop by early in the morning before driving Siwon to school. The younger could’ve easily told his hyung that he would take a taxi or just walk since it wasn’t that far as to not make him rushed, but he wouldn’t miss on a chance to meet Kyuhyun. So a little bit guilty, he accompanied Donghae to the dorm.

So there he was, standing in the middle of the living room, quite nervous but he tried not to show it. The dorm was in chaos as a lot of rushing people were coming out from one room and into another. Some are having breakfast, some are pulling at their hair trying to find something, some are looking for each other and then, there was that someone.

Siwon didn’t know what hit him next, it was the same feeling he had the first time he saw him. However, before he could do anything about it, Kyuhyun was already standing in front of him with a bowl of cereals in his hand, and with half lidded eyes he asked him “Who are you?”

Siwon’s knees became weak and he gulped as he stared at the way Kyuhyun put a full spoonful into his mouth, making a few milk drops to land on his chin. Not after a few dazed seconds that he realized the latter was clearly waiting for an answer as he stood silent, so Siwon quickly cleared his throat and answered with stutter “D-Donghae’s brother”

Siwon cursed himself mentally for stuttering, and even more for not telling him his name.

What the hell am I thinking? Donghae’s brother? Seriously? Aich now he doesn’t even know my name!

That was not how he wanted Kyuhyun to see him or how their first introduction should’ve been. He lifted his head to meet Kyuhyun’s and the latter just nodded before putting the spoon into the bowl and stretching his hand to shake Siwon’s.

Of course it took Siwon a couple of seconds before taking Kyuhyun’s hands and gently shaking it while hoping his hand wouldn’t sweat.

“Nice to meet you Donghae’s brother. I’m Cho Kyuhyun”

That voice again!

And just after that thought, Kyuhyun smiled making Siwon’s heart miss a beat at how beautiful that smile was. 

! I’m screwed

The Present Day

“Why are you staring at your hand?”

It’s lunch time when Minho walks in to the canteen to look for Siwon who is awkwardly caressing his own hand while a weak sad smile is plastered on his face as he whispers “I miss his hands”

And Minho doesn’t have to say more. He just sighs before turning around and walking to get some food into his stomach before having to deal with a lovestruck Siwon.

Five Years and Nine Months Ago

After that unfortunate introduction that Siwon had been scolding himself about for days. He finally came to a decision. He was going to find out what exactly he was feeling for Kyuhyun, and it took him three months for that.

So throughout those three months, Siwon tried his best to take on any chance to be at the dorm. Super Junior members were very busy in making a new album so they rarely had any free time. Siwon as well had been busy with his new school and adjusting to the new environment, but whenever he found out from Donghae that they had no schedule, he would make sure to stick to his brother’s side.

During the first two months, Siwon had a few opportunities to be at the dorm with the other guys. He would spend time with them when they’re free and they would order lunch or dinner and just hang out there. Siwon grew fond of them actually, because they were very nice to him. Of course at first he thought it was only because he’s Donghae’s little brother, but after that he realized that they truly liked him.

Siwon was only sixteen years old but his mind and body gave him more than his actual age, thus it was easy for him to mingle. So as each time he would get the chance to be at the dorm or out with the members, Siwon would keep staring at Kyuhyun when the latter wasn’t looking, and his mind would register each detail of his behaviour. He wanted to know everything about him so he would know exactly how to get closer to him.

...

It wasn’t until the end of the third month that Siwon actually got a chance to have a real conversation with Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was sitting legs crossed on the living room floor, with a game controller in his hands and eyes focused on the tv in front of him. He felt some footsteps coming towards him so he paused what he was doing and turned as he casually greeted.

“Hey you”

Siwon was glad that after the previous months, he finally had learned to stay calm in front of Kyuhyun and not completely stutter. During the last two months they didn’t talk much except the normal greeting that consisted of hellos and how are yous, but that day when Donghae told him to wait for him at the dorm, he found himself with Kyuhyun in the same room, alone and he kind of freaked out about it.

“Kyuhyun-ssi”  He greeted back, slightly bowing.

“What’s with the formal name? Call me hyung”

How Siwon wished the floor would split up and swallow him at that moment so he would savour that sweet sensual voice since he was afraid he would somehow mess everything up again. 

“Oh okay, Kyuhyun hyung” It felt kind of weird for Siwon to say it like that but it also made a strange feeling rise up in the pit of his stomach.

“So how have you been? Is school alright?” Why does he have to mention school now? It makes me sound like a kid!

“It’s okay. I manage”

“Glad to hear that. So what brought you here?” Kyuhyun asked while turning his gaze to the tv screen again and Siwon was grateful because he had been holding his breath since Kyuhyun looked at him.

“Donghae hyung asked me to wait for him here. Are you alone?”

“Aha, the others went out for dinner”

Ok so this was Siwon’s chance to get closer to Kyuhyun. He had been waiting for a chance like this for three months and now that he got it he would make sure to leave a good impression. He cleared his throat before taking a step forward and looking at the tv screen as well.

“Is that startcraft?”

And Siwon was right. Kyuhyun's eyes lit up as he suddenly looked at him at the mention of his favourite game.

“Yeah! You know it?”

“Of course!” Well like three months ago. Siwon had been practicing for the game since the time he found out it was one of Kyuhyun’s favourite past time in case someday it would come as handy. Well it was that time now.

“Really? Wanna play?” Kyuhyun was smiling wide like a kid who just opened his christmas gift. How could Siwon say no to that?

“I would love to” Then Kyuhyun scooted over and patted the place next to him motioning for Siwon to sit down which the latter gladly did with a big goofy smile on his face.

Even though Siwon didn't play that good in the begining since Kyuhyun was so close to him making his hands tremble, but as minutes passed, he got used to that feeling and started getting comfortable.

So they played for an hour and Siwon was having the best time of his life. Nothing had made him smile that widely before like he did whenever Kyuhyun cursed at his character on the screen, or when he cheered when he killed one of Siwon’s characters, or simply when Kyuhyun looked at him with those brown orbs that Siwon felt like drowning in their magic.

That one hour had made Siwon realize that he indeed liked Kyuhyun if not loved. When he went back home and was soundly tucked under his blanket, he made a decision. In two months it would be his birthday and he would officially be sixteen years old. That day he would confess his feelings to Kyuhyun. That day he would ask Kyuhyun to give his feelings a chance.


Okay, so for you who are wondering about the six years, well it's obvious from the title of course that it's a one sided love, but it doesn't mean there won't be WonKyu interactions.
And a small tip: I'm a happy ending kind of a person ^^

Thanks for all the comments