Chapter 8

Close to You

"That is our sister up there, Soojin-ah! And we aren't doing anything or saying anything to get her back. Didn't you feel in your heart? "Siwon asked his sister and held her hand.

"The moment we walked through the door I knew it was her, oppa." Soojin told her older brother, tears ready to flow from their eyes. Frustrated Siwon ran his fingers through his hair and paced around the room back and forth. Sungmin and Kahi looked at the distressed siblings not knowing what to think, they just had to comfort them.

"Do you think she remembers us, Soojinnie?" Siwon was at the point of breaking down. His wife and best friend, Kahi, told him to sit down and he rested his head on her shoulder. "I don't know, Siwonie." Soojin replied with his old nickname and was being comforted by her husband, Sungmin.

"I'm sure that is its her, she grew up to look beautiful like you, Soojin." Sungmin smiled sincerely to his wife. "And pretty tall like you, Siwon." Kahi smiled at her husband. Both couples were in each other's arms and exchanged hugs between siblings and in-laws.

"Oppas, unnies..."

They all turned around to see Sunny, rubbing her eyes and being awake from her nap. Sungmin ran up to his younger sister,"Sunny, did you hear everything we discussed about?" He held her hands, leading her to the couch. She nodded her head and let out a cute yawn. "Only some parts oppa."

"Where is your friend?" Her Kahi-unnie wondered. "She's still sleeping, I just wanted to know what Siwon-oppa was saying."

Before Soojin or Siwon asked their sister-in-law, Sunny intervened, saying," Appa called me.." Her older brothers and sisters nodded their heads for her to continue,"he is coming home early and all of you are joining us for dinner."

They all looked at each other in confusion.

She just didn't mention the part that someone will join them to dinner.

 

With Sooyoung.

 

She waited at the door, in the house was her family. Tears of joy was streaming down Sooyoung's face. It wasn't just the Chois but the Lees. "Youngie!" Sunny called out to her.Running up them, they were farther and farther away from Sooyoung.

Darkness started to overtake her vision. The image of her family started to fade. She called out to them and looked everywhere.

"This is your family." She heard a voice behind her and was forcibly pushed down on to the floor. Wincing and getting up, she was tackled into the wall. "Appa's here." He whispered into her ear and put his hands under her shirt.

He ripped her shirt off and was going for the button of her jeans. Sooyoung stood against the wall frozen, being paralyzed in what he was doing.He smirked at her, knowing she can't call for help.

"No, No.."Sooyoung was tossing and turning around in bed. Just in time, Sunny entered her room and went to Sooyoung's side. Worried, Sunny caressed Sooyoung's cheeks and shook her gently."Youngie, wake up..."

Opening her eyes, Sooyoung let out a gasp and bolted up,running her hands through her hair. "It was all a dream." She whispered to herself. Sooyoung immediately felt comfort when she saw Sunny next to her. "Are you okay, Youngie? You were tossing and turning while you were sleeping."

"I just had a nightmare, no need to worry about me." Sooyoung ran her hand through Sunny's hair. She continued,"With you, all my troubles and worries are gone. Time stands still when I'm with you." Sunny looked away, hiding her pink cheeks from blushing.

Sooyoung smiled and Sunny replied," I just need you to be mine, Youngie!" She used her aeygo and Sooyoung was taken aback. Sunny was worried and asked," Youngie, are you okay? Mianhe!" Sooyoung shook her head and chuckled,"That was the most cutest aegyo I've ever seen!"

Sunny let out a giggle and answered back,"My family is inviting you and your halmoni to dinner, would you like to join us?" Sunny forgot to mention that Sooyoung's "appa" and the Chois will be joining them.

"Is unnie and oppa going?" Sooyoung refered to her older siblings. Sunny nodded her head and Sooyoung responded,"I would be delighted to go."

 

The next day.

 

Sooyoung was busy getting ready for dinner with Sunny's family and her older brother and sister. She wanted to leave them a good impression on them. She pulled out something very special to her and only wore on special occasions.

A locket.

She held up and watched it dangle right before her eyes. She doesn't remember who gave it to her and it was sealed shut, no matter how many times she tried to open it.

Sooyoung was wearing a simple white dress that she saved in the back of her closet and -colored flats. She put on her necklace and was finished getting ready. With her halmoni and Sooyoung ready, they packing up on what they were bringing to dinner.

 

With Sunny.

 

The Chois arrived first and they were still waiting for Sunn'y appa, they weren't aware of the guests that will be joining them for dinner. The doorbell rang and Sunny answered,"I'll get it, coming!" The door revealed it to be Sooyoung and her halmoni.

"Sunny-ah, sorry we were a little late. We took the bus here." Sooyoung apologized and bowed. Sunny shook her head and replied,"No worries, Soo. Appa isn't here yet." Sunny later bowed to Sooyoung's halmoni and her halmoni bowed back. "Sunny-ah is that your appa and uncle?" Her omma shouted out from the kitchen.

"No, omma its appa's guests!" Sunny yelled back. Hearing the kitchen sink turn off, Sunny's omma entered the grand foyer. Behind her was her eldest children, their spouses and her best friend, Choi HaNa.

"Omma, Auntie, this is Sooyoung and her halmoni." Sunny introduced them and Sooyoung politely bowed to them and gave them a small smile.

Choi HaNa felt something when she met Sooyoung. She felt like she knew her for so long. Immediately her eyes her diverted to Sooyoung's locket. That was the locket she gave her when Sooyoung was four. When Sooyoung was taken from her.

Tears threatened to spill and she came to a realization,"You are my daughter, Choi Sooyoung." She whispered to herself.

"Yeobo?" She turned to see her husband, his best friend and business partner enter the room. Sunny's appa intervened,"Hyung this is Park's mother and daughter. Now let's eat!" He let out a smirk. Choi Jungnam's heart felt complete when she looked at Sooyoung.

"I brought kimchi!" Sooyoung's halmoni exclaimed. Her "appa" looked nervous and was sweating profusely.

They were all seated, Sooyoung was in front of the Choi family and she was sitting between her appa and halmoni.Sunny's appa was the first to speak,"So Park, this is your Sooyoung,huh?" He nodded his head, not saying a word.

"Yes she is. She is my foster child."

The Chois sat up straighter at the mention of Sooyoung. He continued,"I had her since she was twelve."Sooyoung looked at her foster father, confused. Shaking it off, she continued to enjoy her meal.

"That's funny because we did have a daughter..."Choi Jungnam stated," Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung."

 

A/N: Will everything be revealed? Will Sooyoung's foster father get caught? Will Sooyoung's dream will foreshadow the future? Comment and I love your feedback! And thank you for subscribing and commenting!!