Chapter 1

Close to You

Sunny was so excited for her first day of high school. She was finally a senior! Walking in front of the school, she closed her eyes and smiled. She heard numerous voices call out her name.

"Sunny-ah!"

Opening her eyes, it was a familiar group of girls she knew from elementary school. She smiled and thought how their friendship lasted long. Their group was considered popular by their charms, personality , and good looks. Only if Youngie was here, she thought. How she missed her childhood best friend.

"Did you hear about the new girl in our class? " Their leader,  Taeyeon asked the girls. A blonde girl,Jessica spoke up, "I heard about her! She's super tall and oddly pretty! "

The maknae of the group, Seohyun recalled, "I heard she's smart, she's supposed to be in our grade,but in she's in your grade, unnies " The group all looked at each in awe. Students in the front became quiet and murmured amongst themselves ," There she is! Omo, she's a beauty! I think I'm in love with her already! " Both boys and girls swooned over the tall girl.

The group of eight eyes' widened. She's like an angel, Sunny thought. She looked over to her and their eyes met. Her eyes are beautiful, but look so empty ...

 

With Sooyoung.

 

Sighing, she looked at her new school. At least its better than "home." she thought. Walking to the entrance ,she heard the students murmur around her. She was used to being talked about. Looking down, she wanted to avoid making eye contact with anyone. Someone caught Sooyoung 's eye. It was a short girl who looked she had interest in her. They made eye contact for about five seconds and quickly looked away from each other.

"Aish!" Sooyoung bumped into another girl. She panicked and bowed to her, helping the other girl up. "Mianhe." Sooyoung said sincerely. The girl snarled at her and said,"  You better be.Just because you're new doesn't make you any special." Sooyoung didn't react, she just simply said,"Arasesso." The girl scoffed and walked away.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Sooyoung turned her head and noticed it was the short girl she made eye contact with. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Sunny!" The short girl smiled.

"Oh, I'm-" When Sooyoung was about to introduce herself, but the bell rang. "Sunny, let's go!" A group calling the shorter girl over, not wanting to be late on their first day of school. Sooyoung stood by herself, watching students file in the school. With a final sigh, Sooyoung walked into the school.

 

With Sunny.

 

They were all waiting for their teacher to enter, but he was running late. The eight girls were conversing away, talking about how their summer was and spending it together. Hyoyeon, considered the dancing queen and danshin, spoke up," You think the new girl is in this class?"

The door opened, revealing their teacher and a new face. Sunny looked up and noticed it was the new girl she tried to introduce herself too. Once again, they made eye contact and couldn't stop the gaze between them. "Good Morning, my lovely students!" The teacher said out loud, "Everyone, this is a new transfer student, Choi Sooyoung! Introduce yourself and tell us a lit bit about yourself."

Feeling nervous, Sooyoung bowed and introduced herself," I'm Choi Sooyoung..." Trying to find the right words," I like to play guitar and read. Please take care of me!" She quickly bowed and looked at the teacher. Sunny looked at her with the rest of her friends.

"As you know, Ms. Choi has skipped a grade and is fluent in Japanese, Chinese, and English. She is the perfect example of a model student!" The students eyes widened, he was never impressed by any student before. "Sooyoung, please take your seat next to Sunny! Sunny raise your hand!" The shorter girl's hand shot up, half of the class groaned, jealous of Sunny, sitting next to the new, mysterious, and beautiful girl.

Sooyoung took her place in her seat, a desk located near the window. At least I'll be enjoying the view... "Okay class, you will be paired up in a project, about getting to know each other!" The class groaned some muttering,"We do this every year!" The teacher yelled,"Enough!"

"You will be partners to the one next to your right!" Sunny looked over to her right, it was Choi Sooyoung. "Hello partner, remember me from this morning?" Sunny smiled at the tall girl. Sooyoung was busy looking out the window and barely paid attention to her surroundings. "Sooyoung-ssi?"

Coming back to reality, Sooyoung apologized,"Mianhe, Yes, I remember you..." Sunny noticed the monotone in her voice. She wanted to make her smile. The bell ranfg signaling it was time for lunch, Sunny suggested," Want to join me at lunch? You can meet my friends!"

"Maybe tomorrow, I want to get to used to the campus first." Sooyoung forced a smile and Sunny saw right through it. Nodding her head, Sunny said,"Arasesso, pinky promise?" This taken Sooyoung off guard and Sunny took out her pinky. They pinky promised and departed ways.

 

With Sooyoung.

She was under a tree and leaned against it. Closing her eyes, her partner, Sunny reminded her of someone from her past. Lee Soonkyu... She barely remembered her from her memories and nothing else.

She constantly was being moved from family to family, but foster family she has been has been hell. She has lived with them since she was twelve. She only cared about taking care of her "halmoni." She protected her and loved her like her own grandmother.

Sighing, her stomach growled.

 

With Sunny.

 

She was seated with her best friends and they couldn't stop staring at her. Sunny was daydreaming again. Wondering who this Choi Sooyoung was. Yuri shout out,"Sunny has a crush!" Her friends smirked at shortest girl.

"I do not!"

 

With Sooyoung.

 

After school, she walked home. It took her about an hour to go home and when she opened the door, a punch in the stomach welcomed her.

"You're late!" He snarled. He slappped her face and grabbed her collar,"Answer me!"

Fear shined in Sooyoung's eyes.

 

 

 

 

A/N: This might be ten chapters! Comments are welcome and feedback is good for me :D