Chapter 15

Close to You

Sooyoung noticed it was a Happy 5th birthday cake. None of her foster parents ever cared it was for her birthday, her halmoni only gave her small celebrations and her "appa" gave her presents that gave her painful memories.

"It's your birthday,kid?" He smirked,"I got a present for you alright.Close your eyes."Closing her eyes, thirteen Sooyoung was punched square in the face. She was backed up into the wall and his hand went up her school uniform. He started to leave kisses on her neck and d her thighs, his hands making his way up her skirt.

Sooyoung knew she couldn't shout for help, let alone let out a cry. She had to endure it.

Tears wanted to flow free from Sooyoung's eyes and was punched in the stomach. Sliding down onto the floor, she was kicked one last time and her head hit the floor hard.

"Happy Birthday."

It was the last thing she heard and saw him walk away into an another room.

Bringing her back into her reality, was Sunny's singing "Winter Child." Her appa put on a birthday hat and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Born in winter
This beautiful you
Clean like snow
You who belong to me

Born in winter
My lover
Clear as snow
You who belong to me

Regardless whether it's spring, summer, autumn, or winter
Always clear and clean

Born in winter
The beautiful you
Clean like snow
My lover

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday
Ohhh, Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday to you

Both families joined in and the rest of their friends came behind them. Tears pooled in Sooyoung's eyes.

"Make a wish!" Sunny exclaimed. Sooyoung smiled and closed her eyes.

Everything I wished for came true. I wish for for new memories with the people I love. Sooyoung blew out the candles and everyone cheered. The lights were and Sooyoung asked,"Uh why I am turning five?"

Her umma hugged her and said,"Since we all missed so many birthdays, we wanted to celebrated some of them today! Your SoonKyu thought of it!" Sunny was to busy cutting the cake and serving it to the guests. Sooyoung's smiled wider and limped her way to her girlfriend. She lifted Sunny into her arms and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Youngie, our family and friends are watching."Sunny blushed, still being in Sooyoung's arms. "Lee SooKyu, I practically confessed my love for you for all in Seoul and I can't show a public display of affection?" Sooyoung looked into Sunny's eyes.

"I love you."Sooyoung whispered into Sunny's ear.

Sunny whispered back,"I love you too."

Without knowing, Sunny put cake on Sooyoung's face and on her lips. "Yah!" Sooyoung put her girlfriend down and was kissed on the lips still with frosting.Sunny her lips and giggles,"Your lips are so much sweeter."

"Get a room!" Their friends yelled out and the SooSun couple went up to change into their couple shirts.

 

..

 

They spent the rest of their day celebrating up to Sooyoung's 11th birthday. So many pictures were taken, so many memories made. They decided to do the rest of Sooyoung's birthday next week.

Now Sooyoung and Sunny were laying out in the backyard looking up at the stars.

"My yeobo is 11 already."Sunny sighed happily and rested her head on Sooyoung's chest. She loved the sound of Sooyoung's heart beat and looked up at Sooyoung. "Thank you, SoonKyu."

"This day I will never forget, thanks to you."Sooyoung smiled down at her girlfriend.

 

..

 

The duo returned to school and when they walked down the main hallway they could hear the whispers and muttering between students. I heard Choi Sooyoung got into an accident... No I heard it was her appa who did it to her... Choi Sooyoung and Lee Sunny! I'm so jealous!... I guess they have to combine Sooyoungsters and Sunshiners into the SooSun club...I want to join!

Sooyoung grabbed Sunny's hand for reassurance and lead her into the classroom. Just when they were about to enter,

"Sooyoung-unnie?" Sooyoung turned her head and gasped.

"Dara?"

Sunny wanted to know who was this and wanted to know now.

 

 

A/N: You think the storm is over yet? Problems will arise soon! Comment and give your feedback!