Chapter 7

Close to You

"You remember Sooyoungie?" Sunny was shocked."I only had one memory of them and I just know you were my SoonKyu..." Sooyoung looked in Sunny's eyes. She looked around the room and something caught her eye immediately.

A bear.

Sooyoung had Sunny's counterpart, but was lost due to her moving from foster family to foster family. She remembered only bits and pieces of her dark childhood.

 

"Appa, why are you touching me there?" A four-year old Sooyoung asked her foster father . "We are just playing a game, Youngie... and you have to keep this a secret, arasseo?" Not knowning what her appa was doing, Sooyoung  kept it a secret and went along with it.

 

A seven year old Sooyoung was hiding under her bed when her foster parents fought almost everyday. She shared a room with four foster brothers and sisters. All of them were hiding, each shout Sooyoung covered her ears. She hated to hear them fight. She was next to her foster sister, a year younger than her was crying. The door burst open, revealing their appa. He was about to grab Sooyoung's sister, when she shrieked,"Take me instead!" He grabbed Sooyoung by the hair and left the room.

The next day Sooyoung woke up at the hospital room. Her social worker notified her that she will be moving to another home. That was the last time she saw her brothers and sisters.

 

A twelve year old Sooyoung looked up at her new house, an arm went around her shoulders and Sooyoung turned her head and looked up. Her social worker said to her sincerely," Sooyoung, this is your new home. You are going to be his only child and he will take care of you with his mother." Her social worker thought, Sooyoung has been through much...I hope she will find love in this home..

Sooyoung looked back up at the house and thought, Will he be the same as the others?

She has lived there for a week and her appa's mother welcomed her in open arms. She told Sooyoung to now call her halmoni and she love Sooyoung like her own grandaughter. Sooyoung was already loved her when she heard those words.

Everything changed when her appa hit her for the first time.

 

"Sooyoung-ssi?"

"Yes?" Sooyoung still stared off into space. "What are you thinking about?" Sunny questioned full of concern. "Just my childhood, bits and pieces of memories are coming back." Sunny nodded her head in understanding. "It's unbelievable, that I could only remember you."

"What do you remember?"

"When we were playing around the house, your siblings and my siblings. Having little sleepovers, watching television. I guess I only remember the good memories, not the bad."Sooyoung stated.

Sooyoung's voice turned into a whisper,

"Did my parents ever want me?"

 

With Sunny's father.

 

He looked at his business partners in disgust and shot a look at Sooyoung's "appa" and his bestfriend, Sooyoung's biological father. How I get them to meet? He had to think of something. While in thought, someone yelled out to him,"Hyung, have a drink and loosen up!" Sooyoung's foster father was already drunk.

That's it!, he thought. "So, your daughter is friends with my daughter, right?" Sunny's father smirked." You got that right! My daughter is so worthless and a good for nothing!' He asked another question,"So Sooyoung is not your real daughter?" Sooyoung's appa nodded his head and slurred," Yea, hyung! She was just put under my foster care, I was going to give her up but my umma told me not too. That woman is so blind, she doesn't even know I hit her or touch her ever since she was bed ridden!"

Sunny's father was looking for his best friend and made a click on his phone. "Do you want your family to join my family and the Chois for dinner?We could leave early tomorrow, since we are about done here."

The drunken man let out a laugh,"Sure hyung, I'll bring them!"

Sunny's father plan was right about working.

 

With Sunny and Sooyoung.

 

Sunny just off the phone with her father, telling her his plan for Sooyoung and the Chois."We are coming home early. Make sure Sooyoung doesn't know yet. Her "appa" doesn't know he agreed and will make sure the Chois will meet Sooyoung." Sunny nodded her head and replied,"Yes, appa. I will. I'll talk to you later, I love you."

Getting off the phone, Sunny asked Sooyoung,"Soo, would you like to join us to dinner tomorrow night?" Sooyoung contemplated and Sunny put in, "Your halmoni is welcome to join us."

Sooyoung nodded and smiled at her long lost best friend and soon to be lover. Sunny yawned and laid down on her bed," Wanna take a nap together?" Sooyoung joined her on the bed and she wrapped her arms around the shorter girl's waist.

Sunny turned to face Sooyoung who was already getting sleepy.

She heard,"Soonkyu, I'm so happy that I found you. I just need to make you mine forever...Saranghae" With her last words, Sooyoung fell asleep.

Sunny snuggled closer to Sooyoung, listening to her heartbeat and responded back,"Saranghae, Choi Sooyoung."

 

 

 

A/N: What will happen at dinner? What will Sunny's father plan succeed? Sorry for the late update and enjoy and Comment please. It encourages me to write with your feedback! :D