Chapter 6

Close to You

Sunny shot a look at Sooyoung, We will talk later! Sooyoung gulped and nodded her head, almost reading Sunny's mind. How I am supposed to explain this to her? She didn't want to lie to Sunny.

Sitting on the bleachers, Sooyoung didn't notice a person standing behind her. "Sooyoungie!" She knew that voice and flinched at the sound of her voice. " What do you want, Hyorin..." Sooyoung said with no emotions. Sunny was the only person in school that made Sooyoung happy, her eyes lighting up when Sunny enters the room.

"I know where your friend SoonKyu is!"

At the sound of her best friend's name, Sooyoung got up from her seat. "Where is she?" She grabbed the collar of Hyorin's shirt. Hyorin was smirking,"Closer than you think!" The smirking girl faced herself to look at Sunny. She grabbed Sooyoung's hands and pried them off her, leaving her in thoughts.

 Sooyoung searched for Sunny. She was laughing and having a good time with her friends. Only if I had my memories to look back on....

"SoonKyu, I'm almost home..."

 

In music class.

 

It was Sooyoung's turn to sing, them having a "open mic" almost every week. "This song is for my family, it is an original and it is called, 'Dear My Family' " She nodded her head to start the instrumental. She sang:

 

When I can’t find a place to stand
When I’m lost in a storm
The people that have given me
unchanging love and courage
I send my gratitude to them

Sometimes there were times when I felt that I was alone
Looking at me crying so much in those past days
How heartbreaking must it’ve been for you?

How hard must it’ve been for you?
Only now do I think I can understand
Till the end of my life
Till the end of this world
We will be together forever
Like little hearts gather
to become a great strength
I’m believing we’re one

Together we create happiness
Till the day when we become
the light in the parched world

I love you
Are you dreaming the same dream as mine?
Are you really looking at the same place I am?

That thing only can heal every pain in this world
As long as we can cherish each other
Till the end of my life
Till the end of this world
We will be together forever
Like little hearts gather to become a great strength
I’m believing we’re one

Together we create happiness
Till the day when we become
the light in the parched world

I love you
When we see people who’ve lost hope
We should become the great
strength for them to stand up again
Because they might need the hand of a family like me
Like little hearts gather to become a great strength
I’m believing we’re one

Together we create happiness
Till the day when we become
the light in the parched world I love you

Saranghaeyo...

Your family will be so happy when they finally meet you, Choi Sooyoung... Sunny smiled with tears flooding her eyes.

 

After School.

 

Sooyoung looked around the outside of Sunny's house. It seems so familiar this place... Have I been here before?

Like a wave, Sooyoung had a flashback when stepping through front door.

 

"Bet you can't catch me Youngie!"

She was running after Soonkyu.  She was about three and Soonkyu was four at that time. Sooyoung was tall for age, while Sunny was shorter than Sooyoung. They were running up the stairs, practically running around the whole house.

"I bet I can! " Three-year old Sooyoung called out and laughed.

"Come here you little kiddos! " An eight year old boy and a six year old girl yelled to two, hyper little girls.

"Oppa, Unnie!" Sooyoung called out. Another girl at the age of eight and a boy at the age of six went to join the other pair. "Lee SoonKyu, we are going to get you!"

"Not if you catch me, Oppa and unnie! Let's go, Youngie!" SoonKyu used her aeygo and grabbed Sooyoung's hand. The pair was later picked up by a pair of strong arms.

"Appa!" Sooyoung said gleefully and kissed her father on the cheek. Another man appeared by her father's side and took SoonKyu in his arms. "My world is so Sunny thanks to you!" SoonKyu's father laughed. The older kids were also picked up by their fathers and proclaimed,

"Remember my kids, treat each other with love and respect. You never know if you will marry them!"

 

Sooyoung had an older brother and sister. She actually had a father that loved her. Tears flooded her eyes. "Soo, Are you okay?" Sunny said with concern. She turned to Sunny, this is SoonKyu... "It is you..."

"What are talking about, Youngie?" Sunny stopped herself from saying anything. That was my nickname...Sooyoung thought.

"You were the one who would call me that, SoonKyu."Sooyoung sobbed, tears of happiness welling up in her eyes.

"Sunny-ah, I remem-"

The door opened revealing a young man and woman. "Suuny-ah, is your unnie and oppa here? Your siblings are always late!" The young man announced."Aish, where is my jagiya?" Their attention was turned to the taller girl who was standing next to Sunny.

"Siwon-oppa and Soojin-unnie, this is my friend... Sooyoung." Sunny informed her brother and sister-in-law. Choi Siwon and Choi Soojin felt something when they looked at Sooyoung in their hearts. Something was complete, filling in the void. They knew in their in hearts, this was their Sooyoungie.

Someone cleared their throat, breaking the awkward silence.  This caused Siwon and Soojin to get out of their trance,"Oh hi yeobo..." Soojin murmured. Siwon was the same as well," Hey jagiya, how are you?" Sunny intervened and added, " Sungmin-oppa and Kahi-unnie this is Sooyoung."

Sooyoung bowed to Sunn'y older siblings and Sunny grabbed Sooyoung's hand to to lead her up to her room.

"Those are my siblings down there, SoonKyu..."

 

 

 

A/N: Here is it is! What will Sunny and Sooyoung talk about? Will Sunny's appa figure out the truth about what happened to Sooyoung?I added Kahi from After School with  a Flashback.kekeke. Please try to put in your voice in this story and comment!