Chapter 5

Close to You

"Look, Sunny, try to spend as much time with Sooyoung as possible..." Sunny looked at her father confused,"Wae, appa?" He looked at her and sighed," We don't have enough evidence yet to prove that he is hitting Sooyoung." She was debating if she should tell him or not, about what she saw in the locker room.

"Appa..."

He looked at her and knew was something was wrong by the tone of her voice,"Yes, my little Sunny-ah?" She gulped and confessed to him,"Not that long ago, I saw Sooyoung-ssi in the locker room..." He wanted her to continue," She was looking around if anyone was there and when she lifted up her shirt, she had bruises, cuts, scars all over torso, back, and arms..."

He stared at his daughter in disbelief. "How could he do this to his own child?" He mumbled to himself. "Ill try to get some things out of her appa because we are business partners and I know him when he drinks." Sunny nodded  her head and smiled back at her appa.

"You know she reminds me of your Youngie ..." Her appa let out a smile at the thought of it,"It didn't surprised me when your oppa and unnie married  their best friends, we didn't even have to arrange a marriage for them." He joked and referred to the Chois.

"And you were going to marry her... Ever since you guys were little." He smiled back at his youngest daughter. " I have a feeling that Sooyoung is our missing family member. She is Choi Sooyoung, the maknae of the Choi family. "

"She is your Youngie, my Soonkyu."

Sunny looked at her appa with shock and awe. No wonder I feel that connection, Sunny thought."She just needs to know your real name and her memories."

"Truth is appa, I already fallen in love with her." Her appa's eyes gleamed with tears and pulled in her in a hug.

 

With Sooyoung.

 

"How dare you involve my boss in this situation?" He whispered fiercely in Sooyoung's ear. "Hal-" He struck her face harder this time, echoing in the room. "Stay away from his daughter too, if he get supsicous. No need to explain, you are in for it..."

Sooyoung was frozen in her spot.

How can I stay away from her, If I fallen for her?

 

The next day.

Sooyoung woke up, having no recollections of last night. She winced when she got up and went to the bathroom. She let out a gasp when she looked into the mirror. She had one black eye that swelled so much she could barely see. She lifted up her shirt and saw black and blue everywhere. It hurt when Sooyoung breathed in and out. He must have fractured a rib, looking at her torso again one area was especially black.

She barely remembered she had to pick up halmoni from the hospital.

"I hope Sunny doesn't worry about me.."

 

At the hospital.

Hiding her face with a baseball cap, she made her way to the front of the desk and asked for her halmoni," I'm here to pick up Park SoHee.."

"Are you alright, miss?" Sooyoung panicked.

The nurse was worried. Not answering the question, Sooyoung uttered out, " I just need to pick up my halmoni, please..." The nurse was about to say something when Sooyoung ran to her grandmother's room. It hurts even when I run...

Her halmoni was already awake, ready to leave the hospital. When she heard the door opened, she smiled then it turned to a concerned look on her face. "Soo!" Sooyoung kneeled before her halmoni, breathing heavily. She could feel her halmoni's hands brush the hair out of her face.

"Oh Soo, I'm so sorry. Only if I can do something, after all these years..." Halmoni said with tears in her eyes, caressing her granddaughter's face, brushing her hand over her beaten face. Sooyoung looked up and shook her head," You did something halmoni, you made feel loved for once in my life. After so many foster families, I'm home with you. I promise we are getting out of there together. I will never leave you behind..."

They were in an embrace, when someone knocked on the door."Come in." It was the nurse that Sooyoung encountered, she explained,"Halmoni, is this your granddaughter?" Sooyoung's grandmother nodded her head. "We would like to have her to get a check up of some sort."

Sooyoung shook her head, refusing,"Mianhe, we don't have enough money for me." The nurse contemplated,"All expenses will be paid by the hospital and the staff noticed how caring you are to your Halmoni and girlfriend. We will not report anything yet about your 'appa'."

"Girlfriend?" Her halmoni smiled at Sooyoung. Sooyoung smiled back,"Not yet, halmoni."

"So, let's get you checked up." Sooyoung followed the nurse.

 

With Sunny.

Sunny entered the classroom along with Tiffany and Taeyeon, the 'new' couple between the group of girls. Sunny hated being the third wheel. She yawned and barely had any sleep last night. All she thought about was Sooyoung.

Students started to pile in the room and the rest of Sunny's friends joined them. Hyoyeon asked,"Sunny, why where you late yesterday? You never texted us back." The girls looked at the aeygo queen,"I had a family emergency."

"I wonder where was Sooyoung-ssi yesterday. You guys are inseparable." Jessica implied. Yuri whispered to the group, "They should just date already."The bell rang and students went to their seats. Sunny looked over to Sooyoung's vacant seat and stared at the door.

Sooyoung, where are you?

In her heart, Sunny knew something was wrong.

 

With Sooyoung.

After getting checked up, the nurse notified her halmoni that Sooyoung had a fractured rib and sprained wrist, along with bruises and cuts that still adorned her body. She had a bandage wrapped around her torso."Sooyoung-ssi you have to be careful arasesso?" The nurse told the tall girl.

Sooyoung nodded and her face looked less swollen than this morning. She was also given medication for the pain and ointment for her bruises. Like it could work, Sooyoung thought."You are good to go, but let me get your halmoni a wheelchair for her ankle." They both thanked the doctors and the staff before leaving.

They were both discharged and Sooyoung wheeled in her halmoni into their house. They came a across a note, it read:

Business trip, see you in 3 days. Here is money for food and other things.

Sooyoung said goodbye to her halmoni and was late to school. It was the beginnning of her P.E. class. She gave the note to her teacher and she nodded, letting her excused from participation for a few days. 

"Sooyoung-ssi!" Sooyoung heard Hyoyeon call out her name. She walked slowly to her friends and was only had her eyes on Sunny. Sooyoung was beginning to sweat, thinking they could see under the heavy make-up she put.

Sunny's heart was comfortable now."Sooyoung-ssi! Do you want come over to my house tonight?" Sunny asked. "I just need to ask my halmoni,arasesso?" Sooyoung said to the shorter girl.

"Sooyoung-ssi, why aren't you suited up?" Yuri questioned her.

"Doctor's orders." Sooyoung muttered.

This made Sunny's heart skip a beat.

 

 

 

A/N: What will happen at Sunny's house? Will Sooyoung meet her older siblings? What will happen at her appa's business trips? Comment and how do love TaeNy's cameo :D Please comment it makes me happy and motivates me to write even though my back hurts :3