Chapter 3

Close to You

"Have a seat, Sooyoung -ssi!" Sunny smiled at her. She took a seat next to shorter girl and was quiet. " Aren't you going to eat?" The girl with the cold expression, Jessica, asked Sooyoung. She shook her head.

" I don't have any money or prepared lunch. " In her previous schools, Sooyoung was used to not eating at lunch time. Her "appa" would punish her by not letting her eat for several days. Sunny gladly offered, "Here eat some of mine! Umma made a lot for me today! " Sooyoung gave her a small smile and Sunny gave her a wider smile back.

There's that smile I have been dying to see.

While eating, the group's maknae, Seohyun asked Sooyoung's questions. "So unnie, where did you move here from? " Sooyoung remained quiet and answered back, " Japan, we tend to move around a lot. " Sunny spoke up,"With your halmoni?"

"My… " Sooyoung forced the words out , " appa's work makes us move a lot…" Sunny knew it could be a  sensitive subject, she changed the topic," Where have you lived, Sooyoung-ssi? Since you are fluent in three languages. " Sooyoung breathed out, "In Beijing, Tokyo, and San Diego,California. "

Gasps were let out throughout the group. The blonde with a cold expression and the eye-smile girl, Jessica and Tiffany  looked at her, "We used to live in California!" They both said in English. The one with the child-like personality, Hyoyeon said out loud, " I studied in China for a few months! " Sunny was glad that everyone was taking a liking in the mysterious girl named Sooyoung.

After conversing and enjoying their meals, Sooyoung felt accepted for once. The bell rang and all of the girls had physical education along with music and dance classes next.

 

In the locker room.

 

Sooyoung was waiting for all the girls to get changed so she can be alone. She didn't want anyone to see the cuts and bruises that covered her body. Checking once again, she lifted up her shirt and changed quickly. Unknown to Sooyoung , there was someone who saw her beaten body. Leaving quietly, she waited outside.

Putting her stuff in her locker, Sooyoung proceeded to her classes roll call. She was pushed into the wall and she let out a cry. It was the girl who she accidentally bumped into the first day.

"How come I barely noticed how cute you are? "The girl smirked and gave a flirty smile. "The name is Hyorin. And what's your name,cutie?" Sooyoung showed no interested in her. Sooyoung answered back," Name is uninterested." Hyorin scoffed,"No one turns me down!"

"I really don't care."

"Sooyoung-ssi, I have been looking for you!" Sunny intervened. Hyorin was just about to leave when Sunny stopped her,"If you ever mess with my Sooyoung, you'll regret it." Hyorin smirked,"We'll see, Lee Sunny."

My Sooyoung?

 

With Sunny and Taeyeon.

 

Sunny and Taeyeon were finishing getting ready and exited the girls locker room. "I should wait for Sooyoung -ssi," Sunny said while turning around. "Wait I'll go with you! " Taeyeon said to the short girl. Sunny asked the groups leader,"How do you like Sooyoung, Taengoo? "

"Well she seems nice, but I feel the need to protect her for some reason, " Taeyeon admitted. She wasn't finished yet," I could see you want to protect her too…" Sunny answered truthfully, " She just reminds me of Youngie …" Taeyeon comforted the sad girl by giving her a reassuring hug. All of them missed her especially Sunny.

Walking back to the locker room, they saw Sooyoung looking around if anyone saw her. Lifting up her shirt, they saw the multiple cuts,bruises,  and scars that adorned her body. The pair let out a silent gasp. They both looked at each other and Sunny whispered "I'll go get her, you wait outside. "

They didn't  notice the schools most hated girl,Hyorin, walk by. Sunny watched her put Sooyoung up against the wall and tried flirting with her. She heard Sooyoung let out a cry with her back having contact with the wall.

Sunny witnesssed their interactions and when Sooyoung declined Hyorin's offer."Sooyoung-ssi, I have been looking for you!" Both girls turned their heads and Sooyoung went by Sunny's side. With Hyorin leaving,Sunny stopped her and threatened, "Mess with my Sooyoung  and you'll regret it!"

"We'll see, Lee Sunny!"

Sooyoung kept quiet and looked at her feet. She heard what Sunny said to Hyorin and blushed slightly. "Sunny-ah…" The shorter girl stopped walking and turned to her,"Dae?"

"Thank you for that…" Sooyoung gave her a small smile . Sunny gave her a sincere smile, Anything for you, Choi Sooyoung.

Today their class was playing basketball. The teams were Sunny, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon,  Yuri, and Tiffany. The opposite team is Jessica, Taeyeon,  YoonA, Seohyun,  and Hyorin.

Well into the game, Sooyoung was doing good. She knew that girl Hyorin was playing dirty and she told herself to be a good sport. She spotted Sunny focused on the game and was unaware of Hyorin behind her. She was going to trip her. Sprinting her hardest, Sooyoung didn't want the shorter girl to get hurt.

Sooyoung slightly pushed Sunny out of the way and Hyorin tripped her instead. Sooyoung fell down hard.All the girls stopped except for Hyorin, ran up to Sooyoung to see if she was alright. All of the girls looked at each other confused and with concerned looks.Sooyoung didn't even let out a cry of pain.Sunny was the first one to go up to the hurt girl and checked her if it was anything was serious.

"Sooyoung-ssi, Are you okay?" Sunny asked with concern.Sooyoung had scrapes on both knees and elbows. "I'm okay, Sunny-ah. Thank you for your concern..." The eight girls looked at each other again, smiling and thinking, They are like a match made in heaven! Taeyeon spoke up,"Let's get you cleaned up Sooyoung! I have band-aids in my locker." Sunny and Sooyoung looked up,coming back from their little world and Sunny help brush off Sooyoung.

After Sooyoung got her knees wrapped up, they were all ready to go to dance, vocal, and music lessons.

 

In dance class.

Sooyoung was currently watching Hyoyeon, the well-known "dancing queen", in her own world. She had to admit all of Sunny's friends were amazing dancers, singers, and musicians, all of them triple threats. Sooyoung was never confident in singing, she would only sing to her halmoni to sleep or her former foster brothers and sisters.

She was next and she decided to play the acoustic version of "Because It's You"

Don’t say that you’re sorry
Love isn’t over for me yet
If we break up like this
What do I do, what do I do?

I just have love alone but I can’t even love
I can’t even say the words that I really want to say
The love that is getting farther away
The words that I can’t keep – they are making me cry

Don’t say thank you
I want to give you all my love but
If we were to truly be strangers like this
What do I do, what do I do?

I just have love alone but I can’t even love
I can’t even say the words that I really want to say
The love that is getting farther away
The words that I can’t keep – they are making me cry

I love you – what do I do because I love you?

It’s okay even if it’s a painful love
Even if I erase the last love in my life
You are someone that cannot be erased
Even if it’s a sad destiny, I can’t let you go
I love you because it’s you

Because to me, it’s you


Sooyoung looked up while singing and never took off her eyes off of Sunny. Once they made eye contact, Sooyoung thought, Hana, Dul, Set. I have fallen in love with you, Lee Sunny. I'm so sorry, Soonkyu... Only if I can find you...
 
When the shorter girl look into Sooyoung's eyes during her performance, she too has fallen in love. Oh Youngie...
 
 

With Sunny.

Sunny was getting ready to have dinner with her family and her father'sbusiness partners. The Lees and Chois have been friends forever and are business partners. They both had three kids ; One boy and two girls. All their kids were best friends and Sunny's oppa and unnie ended up marrying their best friends, the Chois oldest kids as well.

She came down the grand staircase and greeted her extended family. Sunny bowed to them and gave them all a hug. They were seated at the table and the Chois had a grievous look on all on their faces. Siwon and Soojin spoke up from the silence," As all of you know... today marks the anniversary day when our Sooyoung was taken away from us..." Both had stopped and sobbed, they were getting comforted by Sunny's oppa and unnie.

Her Uncle Choi spoke up,"Let's all pray, she will be with us soon..." The table at this point had tears flowing from their eyes.

Sooyoung, come home soon...

 

 

 

 

A/N: Please comment, questions, concerns! I need a reader's feedback! What will happen to Sooyoung and Sunny at this point? Will they figure out they are they best friends? Stay tuned!