Chapter 2

Close to You

Sooyoung feared for her life everyday. She endured every beating, physically and verbally. She didn't know herself that why she was putting up with it for so long. She didn't live her life,simply surviving.

Next thing Sooyoung knew she was thrown across the room, her back hitting the wall. She didn't cry out in pain, if she did she will just get punished more.  She learned her lesson ." When I get home,this house better be spotless and dinner set on the table, Arasseo! " Sooyoung 's "appa " snarled at her. She nodded her head,looking away.

"Maybe I'll even reward you after dinner…" He smirked at her while her cheek. Tears were about to flow out of Sooyoung's eyes by his touch.

He left her on the floor and slammed the door behind him.


After he left, tears were streaming down her face. Knowing she many tasks to get done, she walked to the bathroom and washed her face. She went to her halmoni's room and kneeled at her bedside. Ever since she was bed when she was thirteen, Sooyoung had to protect her,"appa" didn't bat an eyelash for his own mother.  "I'll bring your dinner soon,halmoni," Sooyoung tucked her in and kissed her cheek.

She quickly got to work, cleaning their big house and making dinner for three. From her previous foster homes, she was forced to cook for her former foster mothers and fathers. Still having some time,  she studied and did homework assigned on the first day.

He burst through the door, looking disheveled. He was stumbling everywhere, making things fall. "I thought I told that girl to clean!" He was furious and Sooyoung knew he was drunk after every time he left. "Sooyoung! Where is my dinner?!" She quickly prepared his meal and looked at her,"This isn't what I wanted! You useless pabo!" He got up and slapped her in the face.

He began to her cheek and whispered,"Have I ever told you are beautiful,Sooyoungie?" She faced the other way and tears once again pooled Sooyoung's eyes. His anger began to boil inside him, he grabbed Sooyoung by her hair and dragged her to his bed room.

He thrown her on the bed and his hands went automatically went up Sooyoung's shirt. Tears began to flow out of her eyes. He would always do this when he was drunk, but never actually did the "deed." After touching her and ripping Sooyoung's shirt, her "appa" passed out.

Leaving his room, Sooyoung went directly to the shower and after she did, she served dinner to her halmoni and herself in halmoni's room.

Tired, Sooyoung went to sleep.

 

The next day.

Sunny was so excited to go to school today for some unknown reason. Taeyeon whispered to Jessica," Well someone is a little bit happy. Happy to see Sooyoung, Soonkyu?" The group smiled and Sunny was not so happy at the mention of her real name."Yah! I just super happy today!"

All their eyes turned when Sooyoung walked through the door. Their classmates swooned at the sight of her when she passed their seats, making her way to her own. Her face was emotionless and quietly opened a book. Sooyoung loved to read, escaping her world to be in another.

Sure her "appa" was rich, but he barely bought anything for her. Only sometimes when he felt really bad when he hit her. She was reading "Harry Potter" countless times, Sooyoung never got tired of it. Hyoyeon got Sunny's attention and mouthed out," Talk to her!" Sunny looked over at her and sighed, Here goes nothing...

Right when Sunny was about to talk to her, their teacher walked in. "Okay class, pair up with your partners! And get something done, Arasseso!" The whole class bowed and proceeded in pairs. Sunny couldn't be more happier. "Hey Soo, how was your first day?"

Sooyoung looked over at her and simply said,"It was okay..." Sunny continued,"Are you still having lunch with me? You pinky swore!" Getting frustrated, but not showing it, Sooyoung just nodded her head. "So let's get started, arasseo?" Sunny smiled at her.

"Full name?"

"Choi Sooyoung..." Could it be?Sunny thought. Sooyoung continued,"You?""Lee Sunny, but that's my nickname. I'll tell you my real name later!" Sunny exclaimed.

"Birthday?" Sooyoung let out a sigh,"February 10th,1991" Sunny said,"Mine is May 15,1990"

"Parents and siblings?" Sooyoung said quietly,"Halmoni and only child." Not even mentioning her foster father. Sooyoung looked over at Sunny, Her smile reminds me of Soonkyu..."Your turn?" Sunny said,"Umma and Appa with one oppa and unnie!"

"Hobbies?" Sooyoung answered,"I like to read, write and play guitar. Mostly just taking care of halmoni. You?" Sunny smiled," Singing, playing video games, shopping and hanging out with my best friends!"

The bell rang, signaling it was their next class. "Sooyoung-ssi! We have physical education together, mostly every class together..." Sunny explained herself.

Noticing she didn't bring P.E. clothes, the teacher excused her for that day. She watched students run around the field, Sooyoung let out a sigh.

Knowing it was lunch after, Sooyoung caught up with Sunny, fulfilling her promise. Sunny herself was surprised when Sooyoung wanted to join her. "Let's go meet my friends!" Sunny smiled and grabbed Sooyoung's hand. People in the hallways started to stare at Sunny with jealously.

Joining her friends at the lunch table, Sunny's friends stared at Sooyoung. "You guys this is Choi Sooyoung and she will be joining us today and introduce yourself!"

"I'm Kim Taeyeon." A short girl with kid like features. "I'm Jung Jessica." A blond girl with a cold expression. "I'm Hwang Tiffany!" She shot Sooyoung a friendly eye-smile. "Kim Hyoyeon here!" A energetic girl with a child-like personality. "Kwon Yuri!" A dark skinned girl and who was full of smiles. "I'm Im YoonA, unnie!" A doe eyed girl bowed to her unnie. "Nice to meet you, unnie. I'm Seo Joohyun or Seohyun." A girl mature for her age and very polite.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Choi Sooyoung." She said in a monotone voice.

Now all the girls were looking at Sunny.