Decision

My Sacrifice

 

*Taeyeon’s POV*

 

So she’s singing I’m glad that she will.

I felt so lucky today. She’s going to sing and I totally know the song.

But something feels odd. I don’t know if I should help her. I know she don’t like me.

I have to make a decision before her turn. It was a good thing that she is the last contestant. That will be a great help for me to think.

Time flew fast. I could see Jessica was getting more and more nervous. And her turn finally arrived.

I could see her as she go to the stage.

The music played…

She started singing the girl’s part in the song.

I could tell that her voice is amazing but I hear a lot of off keys and she was struggling. I could feel her nervousness.

I know she practiced a lot but a worst scenario happened. Her partner didn’t come. I applaud her for continuing even without him.

Boy’s part comes. Silence from the crowd can be heard. Only the sound from the song can be heard.

I took all my courage and stood up from my seat.

I asked a staff to give me an extra microphone.

She did. Well, I can do whatever I want in this school.

I walked up in stage.

I started singing.

Jessica looked surprise so did the students and judges.

It is maybe their first time hearing my voice.

A lot of people outside the school complimented me for having a great voice but I wasn’t sure if I really do have. So I just decided to dance for this competition.

I can still feel the anxiousness of Jessica.

I walked closer to her.

I hold her empty hand.

I was trying to tell her it would be okay, that she has to trust herself and me.

Her voice slightly change, I could feel the tenderness of it.

I think she got what I’m trying to say. She is more relaxed now.

It’s my first time to hear her voice and I swear it feels like heaven.

I’m glad with my decision to sing with her. The song ended.

The students were cheering up. The judges’ looks satisfied especially my dad.

He was so supportive to me. He even told me to pursue singing but I wasn’t sure that time.

I smiled to Jessica before we left the stage. I’m glad she returned me with smile too.

 

At the backstage…

 

“I hope your first impression will change” I said and give her a wink.

“Let’s see about that” she laughed.

“By the way, thank you Taeyeon” she said.

It was the first time she called me in my name. It sounded so sweet. It keeps repeating on my mind. I hope she can say that again.

“You’re very welcome my princess” I said.

Oh, wait why did I say that. Why did I call her princess? I was hoping that she didn’t hear.

“What did you just say?” she said with curiosity.

“I said you.. are.. very.. welcome..” I said slowly.

“Are you deaf?” I joked.

“Well, I just thought you called me princess” she said.

“Hahaha, why would I call you princess?” I laughed.

 

I am so happy tonight. I wish I she can be mine….