Ch. 24

My Sacrifice

 

One Saturday Morning...

 

*Taeng's POV

 

I was woken up by a call from my best friend. He invited me for lunch together with Jessica, Tiffany. I didn't refuse and accepted his request.

 

I started getting ready since I woke up late today. Once, I get done I go downstairs and greeted my father. I told him I'm going to meet my friends and have a lunch and then I bid goodbye to him.

 

I called Tiffany and asked her that I'll pick her up so we can go together. Since her house was kind of near to mine. She didn't refuse my little offer. We really get along nowadays. As soon as I arrived on their house I knocked on the door and her aunt open it for me. She said that Tiffany is still getting ready and asked me to wait for her. I give her a smile and nodded. Once Tiffany is done we both go to our way.

 

We enter the restaurant and look for Yul and Jessica.

 

"You really look good together Taeng! Are you two dating each other? Hahaha" Yul teased us and give a long laugh.

 

"Not funny Yul." I give him a glare.

 

"I was just kidding Taeng. I'm sorry" He said.

 

"I was just kidding too Yul. Hahaha. If you only see how serious you are when you are apologizing. Hahaha." It was my turn to return the teasing.

 

"Oh, hi Sica-ah. Sorry for being so loud." as I greeted Jessica.

 

She still doesn't look so fine. She keeps on being quiet. I wonder what she's thinking. I took a glance to Tiffany and it seems like we're thinking the same thing. I smiled to myself.

 

"So what's with the sudden meet up?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Uhm, there's something you need to know. I'm leaving next month. My parents want me to study in the US and Yul is coming with me. He asked his parents and let him be." Sica said.

 

I look at her face and I saw a flinch of a pain. I don't know but there is something about that look. I know it's sad to leave your friends behind but we can still have some communications or visit each other. But I sense it means more to Sica.

 

I feel shock though after of what she said. Looks like my chance is getting smaller and smaller and my mind keeps on saying that I should stop loving her.

 

Jessica is starting to sob now. Tiffany and Yul comforted her and as for me I stayed on my sit and keep on being quiet. Tiffany suggested that Jessica needs to go home. Yul accompanied Jessica and lead her to his car.      

 

There is just me and Tiffany who's left behind. I asked Tiffany that we should get home too. She nodded.

 

"Oh, look Taeng! Jessi left her phone. I think we should give her back to her now." she suggested and handed it to me.

 

"I'll give it back to her tomorrow since I think she needs time today." I said.

 

"Oh, right. Thanks Taeng." she said.

 

We left the restaurant and I drop Tiffany in their house. When I reach my house, I go directly to my room; there are so many things that happened. I lied down to my bed and remove my jacket. I also slipped down Jessica's phone from my pocket.

 

When I was about to place it on my side table, I suddenly remember that she's been typing a lot on this phone.

 

Half of me want to look for it and half of me don’t want to. But I decided to look for it since no one will know. I press the home button and a picture of Jessica flashed as wallpaper. I stared at it for seconds and she sure is stunning. I smiled to myself. I go to the main menu this time, I look for it but I can’t find it and then I remember to look at notes.

 

At last I finally found a folder named ‘Diary’.

 

I hesitate at first but I decided to read it…

 

-End of Taeng’s POV-