chapter 2

Violet

   I shoot my eyes open and found myself my bed sheet,panting and sweating.Recently, the same nightmare kept on disturbing my precious bedtime.Actually, those nightmares are my past. The night that my mother died. It happened 10 years ago when I was 8 years old. I don't know what happen to the shadows but when I woke up in the next morning, I found myself in an orphanage. I had a hard time in the orphanage. I got bullied everyday. One night, I sneak out from that hell and sleep at one of the Seoul City's streets.

    A pair of kind hearted couples found me lying helplessly on the street. They brought me home and treat me like I was their own daughter. The couple owns a few houses in Seoul. You know, the kind of house for students or foreigners that came to Korea.When I was 16 years old, they gave me a house as a birthday present. They tried to send me to school but people would bully me everyday. So, I decided to quit school and work in a cafe that was owned by my foster father's friend.

    I work as a coffee maker in the cafe.I always hid myself in the kitchen and would only go out if my boss wants to see me. And yeah, if people saw me, they would throw a thousands of weird looks on their faces.But, what can I do? I did not ask to be born like this.

    When I was 17,I started to discover something new about myself. Weird tatooes in form of writing started to form on my left forearm.I don't understand the language as it is not Korean or English.I decided to ignore it but hide it by wearing a long sleeve top everyday. A few months later, the tatoo started to show its function.

    It all started when I saw pot of red chrysanthenum wilt on the cafe's cashier.I was the only worker in that cafe that time as all the workers except me and my boss already went home. I touch the petals and started to imagine the beauty of the flower if they bloom.My tatoo gave out a slight purple glow and the flower blooms! I was shocked and ran out of the cafe to a park that was full of unbloomed tulips. I look around to see if there's anyone around me and the result is negative.

    I closed my eyes as I touch one of the flowers and start imagining. Immediately, my tatoo let out a bright purple light and the tulips started to bloom one by one. I also found that I can heal wounds. One day, I was walking from a convenient store, I found a cat. The poor thing was limping helplessly.I pick up the cat and examine it. Blood flows out from a cut on it's paw. I wipe the blood with my thumb and my tatoo glow. at that exact time,the wound was gone and the cat started to walk like there's nothing happen to it's paw.