| TWO | - Deja Vu

Thief of His Heart

 

Deja Vu

 

 

 

 

“No. My decision is final. I’m going to marry her whether you two like it or not”, Jiyong said then he hanged up. Not waiting for what his brothers has to say. He then shoved his phone inside his pocket and went inside Dara’s room only to see her staring up at the ceiling. Confusion written all over her beautiful face.

 

 

 

Jiyong walked slowly towards her bed. His gaze never leaving her face. This is the woman who betrayed him. This is the woman who stole and lied to him. Yet, he is willing to marry her because she is carrying his son. He still believes in the importance of family.

 

 

Dara felt that someone else is in the room so she unfocused her eyes on the ceiling and brought her gaze at the man slowly approaching her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she racked her brain if she knew this man. The man seemed dangerous and she felt a little fear seeing his stoic face. She felt a tugged at her heart and thought that maybe this guy is part of her life.

 

 

“Are you okay?”, the guy asked her with a tight voice.

 

 

Dara first cleared before answering. “Yes.”

 

 

There was an eerie silence between the two before Dara found her courage to ask the guy in front of her on who he is.

 

 

“Uhm.. This may sound rude but..”, she hesitated for a minute and fiddled with the blanket wrapped around her before continuing, “……do I know you?”

 

 

Jiyong cleared his throat first before answering her question. “I’m Kwon Jiyong, the father of your baby and your fiancée”, he said as if he’s some kind of a robot and was just programmed to say that to Dara.

 

 

Dara’s confusion grew as she looked at Jiyong. How the hell did she get acquainted with the this type of man. He looked rich and has so many things to offer. And how on earth did she got pregnant with this man? Is she some kind of scheming and trapped this man into marriage? Dara shuddered as to where her thought is leading her.

 

 

Dara tried hard to dig up her brain and hoped to remember something about this man. She racked her brain hard resulting from a slight pain in her head. She whimpered slightly and massaged her temple, hoping to help her from remembering this man.

 

 

In just a short second, Jiyong is already at her side and helping her to massage her temples. Dara felt her heart quicken at his touch. “Are you okay? Does your head hurts?”, Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Yeah. Just a little bit”, Dara replied as she continued massaging her temples.

 

 

“You should not stress yourself too much, Ssantokki. Your memories will come back on its own. For now, rest. You and the baby need it. I’ll just ask something to your doctor”, Jiyong then stood up and left here on her bed.

 

 

Dara titled her head on the right a little. He was supposed to stay with her until she fell asleep. Isn’t that what fiancée do when their loved one is in the hospital? But with Jiyong, she felt as if he can’t wait to be away from her. And she also felt anger coming from him.

 

 

Dara sighed as she massaged her temples once more before fluttering her eyes to a close and letting sleep consume her.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

 

“Where are we going, Jiyong?”, Dara asked Jiyong as soon as she settled herself at the back of the car with Jiyong beside her.

 

 

“We’re going home”, Jiyong said he flips the newspaper open and began reading.

 

 

Then suddenly, the car moved and Dara felt fear. She felt that this sudden scenario happened to her already. She unconsciously grabbed Jiyong’s hand and scooted over his side. She then began trembling in fear and Jiyong noticed her pale face.

 

 

“Hey, what happened?”, Jiyong asked gently as he Dara’s cheek and ran his other hand up and down Dara’s back.

 

 

“I-I… It just felt familiar. When the car moved, it felt familiar”, Dara stated as she held onto Jiyong more tightly. Jiyong noticed that her voice is shaking.

 

 

“Shhhh. It’s okay. I’m here”, Jiyong said comfortingly.  Dara then began to relax with what Jiyong had said.

 

 

She can’t understand herself. With just one word from Jiyong, all her fears are gone. It’s as if she had known this man for all her life when she can’t even remember his name the first time they met. Dara snuggled close to him and savored the warmth his body is offering her. She smiled to herself as she felt giddy like a high-schooler. All she could think about is that she felt safe with him even if he looked dangerous to her.

 

 

After thirty minutes, Dara felt the car stopped. She looked outside the window and gasped silently seeing a glorious building in front of her. She then looked at Jiyong and saw him already opening the door. Dara slightly pouted and opened her side of the door as well.

 

 

“Where are we, Jiyong?”, she asked when she went to Jiyong’s side and and stood beside him.

 

 

“Our apartment”, he simply said and held Dara’s elbow and and guided her towards the main door where Jiyong’s security team visited them. They all bowed politely at Jiyong and smiled tenderly at the girl beside Jiyong. Dara gave them the sweetest smiled she has and allowed Jiyong to guide her towards the elevator.

 

 

As soon as Dara stepped inside the elevator, she felt that she had been here. In this elevator and this building.

 

 

“Oh!”, Dara exclaimed.

 

 

“What happened?”, Jiyong looked at her with concern written on his face.

 

 

Dara looked up at him then smiled reassuringly before answering, “Nothing. It just felt like I have been here.”

 

 

Jiyong just nodded his head and shifted his gaze back to the doors of the elevator. When the elevator came to a stop, Jiyong held her elbows again and guided her towards the foyer where there is a vase full of flowers atop of a round table. She smiled as she felt inside her that she had lived here for quite a long time.

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

“Good morning, Mr. Kwon”, Jiyong’s assistant greeted him and when Sohee turned around, she was startled seeing the woman who stole from her boss. “Oh, it’s been a long time since I saw you here, Ms. Park”, she said.

 

 

Dara frowned a little. Who is this woman? And is this woman constant here in their place? And why does it seem like nobody knows about hers and Jiyong’s engagement? She looked up at Jiyong and saw him looking straight back at her.

 

 

“Dara, this is Sohee, my assistant”, Jiyong said as he gently rubbed his hand up and down her spine. Then he shifted his gaze to Sohee, “Ms. Park had been in some accident and she lost her memory”, Dara can hear some reprimanding in his voice, “…. Wait here. I’ll just bring Dara to her room and make she rest well then I’ll get back to you.”

 

 

Dara can see from the corner of her eyes the disapproval look on Jiyong’s assistant’s face. She shrugged her shoulders a little as she followed Jiyong, who is holding her again on her elbows, on the way to their room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Yey! :)) 

Finals are done already..

I get to concentrate on my story more...

Sorry for making you wait for the update..