| TWELVE | - Out in the Open

Thief of His Heart

Out in the Open

 

 

 

 

 

“Is she okay?”, Jiyong asked the doctor as soon as the latter went out of Dara’s room. He immediately called a doctor to make sure that Dara isn’t hurt somewhere.

 

 

“She’s okay now. But I think you called the wrong doctor. I would be of help if she was hurt physically but she’s not. All the pain she’s feeling is from within. I could recommend a good physiatrist”, the doctor explained to him.

 

 

“But are you really sure she’s okay?”, Jiyong asked once again.

 

 

“I’m perfectly sure she’s okay physically, but emotionally, I don’t know”, the doctor shook his head.

 

 

“Can you please call the physiatrist? I really need to make sure she’s okay both physically and emotionally”, Jiyong said and the doctor slightly smiled before excusing himself and pulling out his phone.

 

 

Jiyong entered Dara’s room and looked at her sleeping face. She looked so distressed. Jiyong just wants to take away all the things that can hurt Dara. He can’t bear the thought of seeing the mother of his child cry again because of him.

 

 

“She’s on her way her”, the doctor went to him and tapped him on the sholders. Jiyong looked at the doctor and smiled.

 

 

“Thank you”, he said then he walks the doctor out of the presidential suite where Dara is sleeping.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, what are you doing here?”, Jiyong asked, a little surprised seeing Seunghyun waiting at the door of the suite.

 

 

“I just wanted to check if Dara’s alright”, Seunghyun said as he guided Jiyong towards the couch placed on the corridor.

 

 

“She’s alright, hyung. But the doctor said that she needed someone to talk to so a physiatrist is on her way”, Jiyong said as he buried his face on his palm. He felt Seunghyun’s hand on his shoulders. “How is Hyunseung, hyung?”, Jiyong asked.

 

 

“He’s okay. Bom, Chaerin and Seungri are with him. No need to worry about him. You just have to take care of Dara here first”, Seunghyun said as he stood up when he saw someone approaching them.

 

 

“Mr. Kwon?”, a woman asked.

 

 

“Yes?”, Jiyong replied as he stood up from the couch.

 

 

“I’m Dr. Im. Mr. Lee said your fiancée needed me.”

 

 

“Oh, right. She’s still sleeping. I’ll wake her up first”, Jiyong was about to turn around and go inside Dara’s room to wake her up when the doctor stopped him.

 

 

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to be the one who’ll wake her up. But I need you do me a favor.”

 

 

“What is it?”, Jiyong asked.

 

 

“I know this will be uncomfortable for you but I want you to tell me what happened with Ms. Park. I need to know about her and what happened to her so that I can help her.”

 

 

Jiyong hesitated at first but he complied. He started his story on how he and Dara met and how their relationship progresses from boss-secretary that led to an affair. He then told the doctor about the design and about him kicking her out of his penthouse. When he was done, the doctor showed professionalism by just nodding her head and not showing any kind of emotion in her eyes.

 

 

“I would like to see Ms. Park now”, the doctor announced. Jiyong led her towards the room and he opened the door. He let the doctor enter first and when he was about to enter, the doctor put her hands on his arms and said, “Let me talk to her alone, please.”

 

 

Jiyong wanted to shout at the doctor and ask her why she needs to talk to her alone. He wanted to be there beside Dara and hold her hands while she tells the doctor what’s bothering her. He was about to open his mouth when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Seunghyun.

 

 

“Let her, Jiyong”, Seunghyun softly said. Jiyong nodded his head and the doctor went in. He closed the door but he made sure to leave a small opening so he could hear whatever Dara has to say.

 

 

“I’ll go get us some drinks”, Seunghyun said. Jiyong just nodded his head and carefully placed his ears on the small opening.

 

 

At first, all he could hear is the doctor trying to wake Dara up. Then he heard Dara asking who the doctor is and then finally, the doctor asking Dara to tell her what happened. He could hear the doctor saying soothing words before Dara decided to tell her story.

 

 

“I went to the doctor the day Jiyong was about to arrive from a business abroad. I was happy hearing that a baby is growing inside of me. But then, I remembered that what Jiyong and I had was only an affair. We don’t have any kind of commitment”, he heard Dara heaved in a deep breath before continuing.

 

 

“….. I need to know what I was to him before telling him about the baby. So when I got back to his penthouse, I saw him looking out on the windows, so I asked him what I am to him. But he said that I was just his m-mistress, a woman he paid to have with.” Jiyong could hear sobs coming from her. He balled his knuckles. He only said that she was just his mistress because he thought that she was not happy anymore with him. He cursed inside his head as he waited for Dara to speak up again.

 

 

“What happened next, Dara?”, the doctor asked.

 

 

“Then, he accused me of stealing the design of his hotel. He accused me of selling the design to his competitor”, Dara said with a sob.

 

 

“Are you?”, the doctor asked.

 

 

“You’re the first one to ask, actually”, Dara said. Jiyong paled as he realized that Dara was right. He didn’t ask her if she really was the one who stole the design, instead, he believed what he saw and he didn’t trust her enough.

 

 

“I really have no idea what there on the paper. It was my first time seeing that. Then, he kicked me out of his penthouse, only giving me thirty minutes to summon my things and leave”, Dara sobs again as she recalled that very night.

 

 

“I immediately complied. Not wanting to anger him more even if he accused me of something I didn’t do. But it was in my intention to come back the next day and tell him about the baby. I thought that he just needs to cool off the steam. So I went”, Dara continued.

 

 

“I was surprised when two men suddenly grabbed me and dragged me towards a black van. I was so scared. Not for myself but for my baby. I don’t know what I’ll do if they tried to hurt my baby”, Jiyong’s grip on the knob tightened. If he had known that Dara was pregnant that night, he wouldn’t have kicked her out of his penthouse. She wouldn’t be held captive for five months.

 

 

“They knew that I was living with Jiyong, so they sent ransom orders to him. Promising me that once Jiyong gave them one million won, they would free me. I was silently praying that Jiyong would answer the ransom call but after a month, the kidnappers didn’t receive any call from Jiyong”, Dara started to sob again. The doctor said soothing words to calm her down.

 

 

 

“They sent him another ransom order. But he ignored it again just like what he did to the first one. They sent him again and nothing. They had sent a total of three ransom orders but he ignored it all. I was not even worth one million won to him. Oh God!”, Dara started crying helplessly as she recalled how afraid she was in the hands of her kidnappers and what’s worst is Jiyong ignored her.

 

 

On the other hands, Jiyong’s knees weakened hearing what Dara had revealed. He immediately went to the couch and sat there. He hasn’t received any call from the kidnappers. If he had received it, he would immediately send the money so they can free her.

 

 

The doctor went out and Jiyong immediately stood up.

 

 

“I gave her some sedative to calm her nerves. She was near hysterical so I need to make her sleep again. Her past was just so painful for her so her mind decided to forget it to protect her. But now that her memories came back, she finds it hard to cope with all the pain she had dealt with. I advise you to bring her to somewhere not painful to her”, the doctor took her leave while Jiyong still stood there, motionless.

 

 

“I-I heard”, Seunghyun said as he stood beside Jiyong.

 

 

“I swear I didn’t receive any ransom calls. If ever that they sent one, it would go directly in my office since all my personal lines are kept a secret”, Jiyong said as he combed his hands through his hair.

 

 

Jiyong’s eye widen when realization hit him. “Sohee”, he whispered.

 

 

“What about your secretary?”, Seunghyun asked, confused.

 

 

“Dara was not the one who stole the design, hyung. It was Sohee! She was there when I saw the paper on Dara’s bag. She must’ve planted them. And whoever called in my office will be answered by her”, Jiyong said. “I’m going to ing kill that ”, Jiyong said through gritted teeth as he stood up and was ready to go.

 

 

“Where are you going, Jiyong?” Seunghyun asked as he held Jiyong’s arm to stop him.

 

 

“To Sohee. She must pay from what she caused Dara. I’m really going to kill her with my own hands”, Jiyong said, anger emitting from his eyes.  

 

 

“I think it’s best if you let the authorities be involve with this. If you confront her now, no one will believe you after that because you don’t have any witness”, Seunghyun said. Jiyong nodded his head as he pulled out his phone and called the authorities.

 

 

“Hyung, please look out for Dara for me. I just have to get rid of this sick person who caused her deep pain. I can’t bear to see her in pain anymore”, Jiyong said. Seunghyun smiled and said, “You love her.”

 

 

It was not a question. It was a statement. And Jiyong know it’s the truth. “Yes, I love her”, he said before turning his heels around and went. 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Aigoooo.. Mianhe if I was not able to update last night.. I was busy stalking in twitter for updates regarding the BigBang's concert.. Huhuhuhuhuh.. T_T Please forgive me, neh? And oh, this story is nearing its end. T_T I think I'm going to cry.. I have the most beutiful subscribers.. Thank you! You served as my inspiration. Saranghae, yeorubun!