| SIX | - Meeting

Thief of His Heart

Meeting

 

 

 

Dara combed her hair nervously as she looked at herself in front of the mirror. Today will be the day that Jiyong and she will be going to the doctor to check on their baby and to see whether they will be having a boy or a girl, then they will proceed to the mall to shop for baby things.

 

 

She was shocked when Jiyong first told her that they will be shopping for their baby’s things after they are done with the doctor. She stubbornly declined him and told him that it’s okay for her if she will go alone. Jiyong won’t hear any of her so he just shut by kissing her.

 

 

“All set?”, Dara turned around and saw Jiyong leaning on the door frame with his hands shoved inside his pocket. She smiled at him before glancing one last look at the mirror. She went to the bed where her purse is place. She picked it up and went to Jiyong and gave him a light kiss on the lips.

 

 

“Let’s go see our baby”, Jiyong said with a hint of excitement in his voice. He held up his hands and Dara took it as they walked hand in hand down the stairs towards Jiyong’s car.

 

 

______________________________

 

 

 

“You’re definitely having a boy”, the doctor announced as she pointed towards the monitor where a figure of a fetus was shown. The two parents can’t help but to ogle at the monitor. Silence filled the whole room and Dara and Jiyong stood mesmerized seeing their child.

 

 

Dara discreetly wipes the tear that tricked down her eyes. She can’t believe it. She’s having a baby. And it’s a boy. She shifted her gaze away from the monitor and looked at Jiyong only to see him staring straight at the image. If Dara hadn’t known better, she would believe Jiyong is in the verge of tears.

 

 

She reached from his hand and squeezed it tight. Jiyong looked at her for a second and smiled at her before returning his gaze at the monitor. She could see emotions playing around his eyes. She felt happy knowing that it’s their child that’s making him feel so much emotion.

 

 

“I love you”, she whispered but it was loud enough for Jiyong to hear. Jiyong looked at her for a moment before dipping down his head and planting a chaste kiss on her lips. Dara wanted to burst from happiness because even if it was just a peck, she could still feel his love for her.

 

 

After the doctor gave Dara her vitamins, they proceeded to their next destination, the mall.

 

 

She was a little confused when they both entered a jewelry store. Aren’t they supposed to be on the baby’s shop not on the jewelry store? She tilted her head on the side as she looks at Jiyong who is looking through the glass which displays a variety sets of rings.

 

 

“Jiyong”, Dara said. Tugging on Jiyong’s hand as the latter busily went from one display to another. “What are we doing here?”, she asked.

 

 

Jiyong turned and looked back at her and smile. “We’re here to get your ring, Ssantoki.”

 

 

“What ring?”, she asked. Her confusing growing each second.

 

 

“I haven’t given you an engagement ring yet.” He simply said as he pointed to the saleslady a ring that caught his attention.

 

 

Come to think of it, she doesn’t have any engagement ring on her finger the moment she woke up in the hospital. And when Jiyong proclaimed himself as her fiancée, she immediately believed him because of the familiar tug at her heart. And the thought that he was mentioning about their baby.

 

 

She was brought back to reality when Jiyong pulled her towards him and reached for her hand. He lifted it and slid the ring on her finger the kissed it shamelessly. She gasped seeing the ring on her finger. She raised her hand and examined it. The ring on her finger felt like it was really made for her.

 

 

She cannot help the bursting of emotions inside her so she just threw herself against Jiyong and hugged him tight while chanting ‘I love you’ repeatedly. Jiyong smiled at her before pulling out his wallet and handing the saleslady his card to purchase the ring.

 

 

After their trip to the jewelry store, they now proceed to the baby’s shop where they spent the whole three hours of shopping for clothes, cribs, toys, walkers and everything. She was about to tell Jiyong that they might be overdoing it but the latter would jump from one store to the other.

 

 

They were on their way to the last shop when Jiyong’s phone rang. He excused himself as he walked further away from Dara and took the call. Dara entered the store and roamed around. She was feeling a little tired and hungry. Not long after, Jiyong went to her and told her that his brothers are on their apartment waiting for him.

 

 

He asked Dara if she already wants to go home but she refused. Telling him that she still wants to roam around and eat at the restaurant she has been eyeing for a while. Jiyong smiled at her and offered her that he will accompany but she pushed him away with a laugh.

 

 

She just roamed around the mall for thirty minutes till she finally gave up. She went to that restaurant and ate before telling the driver to take her somewhere first before going home.

 

 

“Mr. Yang, what are we doing here?”, Dara asked the driver as the latter opened Dara’s door and let her come out of the car.

 

 

“When Mr. Kwon was away, you would pester me and ask me if I could drive you here. You said it was your thinking place. You would usually sit on the bench…..,” he pointed at the bench at the far end of the park, “…….and I would wait for you here before you will go straight to the mall.”

 

 

Dara smiled at Mr. Yang before started her step towards the bench Mr. Yang had pointed to her. She walked slowly as if all the time in the world is in her palms. And the moment she sat on the cold hard, bench, she felt that it was familiar to her. This was her thinking place.

 

 

She shuddered as she remembers the door on her dreams. She doesn’t want to regain her memories anymore. She’s sure that Jiyong wouldn’t mind. They were making a whole lot of new memories that can replace the old one. And even if Jiyong hasn’t said the words yet, she feels his love for her everytime he kissed her, everytime he made love to her.

 

 

She sat there for almost half an hour before deciding that it was time to go home to Jiyong.

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

“Where have you been, hyung?”, Seungri asked Jiyong as soon as the latter entered his study room.

 

 

“I’ve been to the doctor and accompanied Dara. Then we went to the mall to shop for the baby’s thing”, Jiyong said as he sat at the couch and massaged his temples.

 

 

“Are you sure the baby’s yours Jiyong? Dara might just be faking her amnesia and letting you claim that baby. It might be her plot to get you. Remember, she stole from you?”, Seunghyun calmly said as he looked at his worn out brother on the couch.

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell that the baby’s mine, hyung? And Dara’s not faking her memory loss”, Jiyong said as he rose from the couch and stood in front of his older brother. His voice rising up the notch.

 

 

“I just don’t want things to be more ed up than it is already, hyung”, Seungri said as he placed his hand on his brother’s shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

 

 

“I know. Just……. Can you two please but-out out of this? I want to make it work with Dara and it doesn’t matter to me anymore if she stole from me”, Jiyong sighed as he slumped his body down on the couch once more with his two brothers watching him.

 

 

“I just don’t know Jiyong. I just can’t trust her after what she’d done to you. I don’t want to see you disappointed about something that you thought would work”, Seunghyun said as he walked towards the window and gazed outside.

 

 

“I appreciate your concern, hyung. But let me handle this. I just wish that her memories would not come back again”, Jiyong said silently as he heaved a deep sigh. The bothers stayed silent with their own thoughts running inside their own minds.

 

 

Jiyong was pulled back from his reverie when he heard Dara’s voice outside the study room. He stood up from the couch and went to the door. But before he opened the door, he sai to his brothers, “I would like you two to meet her”. The two stole a glance at each other before nodding their heads. They walked up beside Jiyong and went outside the study room.

 

 

Dara was startled at first seeing the door to Jiyong’s study room opened. But she smiled immediately seeing her fiancée emerged from it. But then, her eyebrows furrowed seeing two figure of a man tailing behind him. They must be his brothers. She thought.

 

 

Jiyong went to her side and wrapped his arms around her waist then planting a peck on her lips before facing his brother once again.

 

 

“Seunghyun hyung, Seungri, this is Dara”, Jiyong said as he looked at Dara first before continuing, “… Dara, this is Seunghyun hyung and Seungri.”

 

 

She smiled her sweetest smile as she said, “Nice to meet you.” She bowed her head to show some respect and when she looked up, her smile slowly vanished. All that greeted her is the stoic faces with anger playing around their eyes. Just exactly the way Jiyong looked at her the moment he caught her using his computer. 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: Oh! I forgot to mention.... This will be just 10-chaptered (or less). My imagination has been running low and I can 't think of more scenes to add. Mianhe.. :(