| FOURTEEN | - Confession

Thief of His Heart

Confession

 

 

 

 

Bom, Seunghyun, Chaerin and Seungri decided that they will stay for the night. Then they planned that they should have their dinner in Jiyong’s huge garden. They have already set up the table and was just waiting for the guys.

 

 

“Unnie, when are you and Seunghyun oppa planning on having a child? It has been three years since you guys were married”, Chaerin suddenly asked out of the blue. Bom immediately blushed at Chaerin’s question which Dara finds amusing.

 

 

“Well…..”, Bom hesitated for a while. Dara let out a giggle which caught the attention of the two girls.

 

 

“Unnie, why are you giggling?”, Chaerin asked with amusement written all over her face.

 

 

“I think Bommie is pregnant”, Dara said which causes Bom’s eye to widen.

 

 

“Wha…. How can you say so?”, Bom asked Dara incredulously.

 

 

“You’re forgetting something here, Bommie. I went through that stage already”, Dara then winked at her.

 

 

“Well, is it true, Bom unnie? Is Dara unnie correct?”, Chaerin asked, excited to know the answer of the older girl.

 

 

Bom slowly nods her head as Chaerin let out an excited shriek while Dara smiled proudly. Chaerin immediately stood up from her seat and went to Bom to give her a hug.

 

 

“I’m so happy for you, unnie!”, Chaerin exclaimed after pulling out from their embrace.

 

 

“Thanks, Chaerin”, Bom replied with a smile.

 

 

Dara then stood up from her seat and went to Bom to also give her a hug. “Congratulations, Bommie”, Dara whispered in her ear before offering her a sincere smile. Bom nods her head with a smile plastered on her face.

 

 

“Well, how far are you now, unnie?” Chaerin asked impatiently.

 

 

“She’s two months along the way”, said a deep male voice. All heads turned around only to see Seungri and Seunghyun walking towards them.

 

 

 

When Seunghyun got to Bom, he wraps his arms around her waist and kissed her full on the lips. Dara tried to avoid her gaze away from the couple but when she looked at Chaerin and Seungri’s direction, they were pretty much doing the same thing. She chuckled to herself and slowly shook her head before standing up again from her seat.

 

 

“I……I’m just going to check on Jiyong”, Dara said awkwardly before turning her heels around and started walking towards the living room.

 

 

When Dara was already out of sight, Bom elbowed her husband on the stomach. Seunghyun looked at her with confusion written on his face.

 

 

“Why’d you do that?”, Seunghyun asked.

 

 

“I think it’s time you apologize to Dara”, Bom said as she glared at her husband.

 

 

“What? Why should I apologize to her? I haven’t done anyth—“, before Seunghyun could finish his sentence, Bom already smacked him in the head. Seunghyun massaged the part of his head where Bom hit as he mumbled incoherent words.

 

 

“Have you forgotten how you treated her back then? Huh?! Apologize to her now!”, Bom said as she continuously hit her husband’s head.

 

 

“Okay, okay”, Seunghyun said defeatedly as he stood up from his chair and followed Dara while still massaging his head.

 

 

Bom had a triumphant smile on her face seeing the back of her husband. She just wanted Dara to feel that she belonged in the family. That she is very welcome to be part of the Kwons.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara,” somebody called out her name. She was halfway through the study room when she heard somebody calling out her name. She turned around and was surprised to see Seunghyun standing a few meters away from her. She offered her smile and stopped her tracks to wait for him.

 

 

 

“I have something to tell you”, Seunghyun started as he stood face to face with Dara.

 

 

She just remained quiet for she doesn’t know what she’ll say. This is sure awkward, with a capital A. Dara just waited for Seunghyun to continue and say whatever it is that he needs to say.

 

 

“I’m sorry”, Seunghyun said as he took a step nearer to her.

 

 

“H-Hey, why are you apologizing t-to me?”, Dara stuttered as confusion starts to rise in her. She can’t recall any instances that Seunghyun has done something horrible to her.

 

 

“I’m sorry for treating you like that when we first met. I was just being cautious and shocked when I saw you with Jiyong. I’m sorry for believing what they had accused you of. I know I shouldn’t have judged you but I guess I was carried away by my emotion because of the fact that the design of our hotel was stolen and was given to our competitor”, Seunghyun explained as he looked straight in Dara’s eye.

 

 

“You don’t need to say sorry for that, Seunghyun. It’s not your fault. You were just being you. I’m okay with it”, Dara smiled genuinely towards Seunghyun. “In fact, I should be saying thank you to you because you practically rescued me the other night”, Dara said.

 

 

 

“You’re my little sister. I would do everything just to make sure that the mother of my nephew and Jiyong’s future bride is always safe”, Seunghyun said and for the first time, smiled at Dara. “Now, go and find your future husband, we’re already starving. Especially Bom”, Seunghyun said as he turned around and walked back towards the garden.

 

 

Dara’s smile faded as she realized that what Seunghyun said isn’t going to be fulfilled. She knows that there won’t be any wedding taking place now since she already regained her memories. She still loves Jiyong but she can’t marry someone who doesn’t love her back. She deserves something more.

 

 

She heaved a deep sigh and continued with her steps towards Jiyong’s study room. She hesitated for a while but decided that the sooner she gets on with it, the sooner it will be finished. She was about to knock on the door when she realized that it was open. She opened the door wider and welcomed herself in.

 

 

She saw him by the window, his back facing her. She sighed for the nth time before approaching him. When she was already near him but Jiyong seems to be oblivious to his surroundings. He just kept on looking outside the window and will sigh every now and then. She lifted her hand and was about to tap him on the shoulders but decided against it on the last minute. She put her hands down and just called him by his name.

 

 

“Jiyong, dinner’s ready”, she said softly but she’s sure that Jiyong heard her.

 

 

Jiyong seemed startled at first but he regained his composure as he slowly turned around and face her. She gasps softly seeing the emotion swirling in his eyes. They looked so sad and lonely.  

 

 

“Oh….”, he simply said before gently nodding his head.

 

 

“I-I’ll goin—“

 

 

“Can I say something first? I needed to take this out before I go crazy”, Jiyong cut her and she can’t do anything but just look at him. Jiyong slowly made his way towards her and reached out for her hand. She shivered at the contact because it has been so long since Jiyong held her hands.

 

 

“I’m sorry for all the things I’ve done. I’m sorry for accusing you of something that you didn’t do. I’m sorry for not believing in you. I’m sorry for all the pain I’ve caused you”, Dara felt that he is sincere but she just stayed silent and waited for the rest he needs to say.

 

 

“I’ve only said that you’re a mistress to me because I was afraid that you’re not happy anymore with me. I was willing to offer the whole word to you back then but when you questioned me all of a sudden on who you are to me, I felt scared. But you were never a mistress to me. You’re so much more…..”, she heard Jiyong sighed before continuing.

 

 

“….. I know I should’ve given you the chance to explain yourself but I was blinded by my anger. I was really regretting the day when I kicked you out of my penthouse. And please believe me when I say that I didn’t get to receive the ransom calls. If I had known that you had been kidnapped, I would immediately give them the money th—“

 

 

“You didn’t receive any of it?”, Dara asked, bewildered.

 

 

“No. It was Sohee, my assistant, who ignore the calls and she was even the one who stole the design.”

 

 

“I was right hating that girl from the start”, Dara muttered under her breath, cursing the girl who made her and Jiyong’s lives so complicated.

 

 

“She’s already in prison and I’ll make sure that she rots there”, Jiyong said through gritted teeth, still feeling angry towards that girl who caused Dara so much pain.

 

 

“What I’m trying to say is, I would give them the money they want in a heartbeat just for the exchange of your safety”, Jiyong said as he squeezed her hands.

 

 

Dara pulled her hands out of Jiyong grasps when she felt strong emotions wanting to burst inside her. She saw that Jiyong was bit surprised by her actions but she doesn’t care.

 

 

“Why are saying these to me now, Jiyong?”, Dara asked.

 

 

“Because I love you, Dara. I wanted to make it work between us. I know it’s hard for you to believe me but I’m saying the truth. Marry me, please?”, Jiyong said as he pulled something from his pocket only to know that it was her engagement ring.

 

 

Dara finds it hard to breathe seeing the stares Jiyong is giving her. She can feel tears on the brim of her eyes and she shuts her eyes tightly, preventing the tears to flow. “I-I don’t k-know, Jiyong”, Dara shook her head as she pushed Jiyong’s hand, which is holding the ring, away from her.

 

 

Dejected, Jiyong bowed down his head and put the ring back into his pocket. This must be karma working because it hurts to his core. Maybe this is the price he has to pay for hurting Dara so much.

 

 

 

Jiyong lifted his head up and forced up a smile. Dara felt like the worst villain of all times seeing pain in his eyes. But she just can’t easily set aside the past and accept him willingly. She needs to think about it further. It’s not just her feelings who’ll be affected if she and Jiyong wouldn’t turn out the way they expected. They have to think about Hyunseung. They have a child they need to think about.

 

 

“Let’s go. They’re waiting for us”, Jiyong said in a small voice. Dara looked up at him and saw him giving her a smile. But she can feel that that smile of his is shallow. It didn’t even reach his eyes.

 

 

She smiled sadly at him before walking towards the door with Jiyong trailing behind her. 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Aigooo, I want to say sorry if this chapter is not what you expected. :// I was pissed at someone in twitter because she goes bashing DARAGON and Dara. Urgh. And it affected my way of writting. I'm really sorry if this is crappy. I'll make it up to guys soon. :**