| TEN | - Memories

Thief of His Heart

 

Memories

 

 

 

 

“I noticed that you didn’t even greet Dara when we went to their house yesterday”, Bom said while eyeing her husband across her. Seunghyun just shrugged his shoulders and continued reading the daily newspaper.

 

 

“What’s the matter, Seunghyun? Is there something I don’t know?”, Bom persisted as she stood up from her seat and went beside Seunghyun to get the newspaper from his hand.

 

 

Seunghyun looked up at his wife and sighed. He really doesn’t want Bom to know the truth about Dara but seeing Bom’s expression, he won’t stand a chance.

 

 

“Come on… Tell me, Seunghyun”, she said.

 

 

“There’s nothing to tell, Bom”, Seunghyun said then stood up and planted his hands on either side of Bom’s hips. Bom just looked at him with her eyes forcing him to say everything there is to say. Seunghyun gulped loudly before sighing deep and preparing himself to tell Bom what exactly happened.

 

 

Bom gasps after Seunghyun said his story. She then continuously shook her head, not really believing him.

 

 

“No, I don’t believe you”, Bom said after some time. She then walked towards the couch and rested herself there.

 

 

Seunghyun followed her and sat beside her. He reached for her hand and squeezed it tight.

 

 

“Dara can’t do that. No, I don’t believe that she was the one who stole the design”, Bom said. Convincing herself and her husband.

 

 

“And if it was really, Dara, which I doubted, you should just forget about it. You’re treating her like she has an airborne disease. She is soon to be your sister-in-law!”, Bom exclaimed while looking incredulously at her husband.

 

 

“I just can’t set aside the fact that Dara stole from our company”, Seunghyun said as he combed his hand through hair.

 

 

“You can, Seunghyun. You can. Look at Seungri. At least he greeted her yesterday. While you ignored her and pretended that she’s not there while you ogled at her son”, Bom said.

 

 

“Just try to forget about what you think about Dara, okay? I can feel that she’s a great person and I really want to be great friends with her”, Seunghyun just nodded his head and bent down to kiss his wife’s lips. Bom just smiled at him and hugged him.

 

 

 

______________________________

 

 

 

“Is it really okay to you if we go back to Seoul for just a while?”, Jiyong asked as he looked at Dara while she is packing some of her clothes.

 

 

“Of course”, she smiled at him. She zipped her luggage and turned to him with a smile. “What I’m really worried about if it’s okay if we leave Hyunseung.”

 

 

“We’re not leaving him here. He’ll go with us to Seoul. His nanny and he will be in my penthouse and will wait for us in my penthouse”, he said as he wrapped his arms on her waist and pecked her lips.

 

 

“Well then, let’s get going now”, Dara said as she dragged Jiyong towards the stairs and went down where Hyunseung and his nanny are waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!”, Seungri shouted the moment he spotted Jiyong, together with Dara, entering the function hall of the hotel where they held their company’s anniversary.

 

 

Jiyong turned around and smiled seeing his younger brother welcome him. He held Dara’s hand a little tighter and went to meet Seungri.

 

 

“Hello, Dara noona”, Seungri greeted with a smile on his face.

 

 

“Hi, Seungri”, Dara greeted back and retaliated his smile.

 

 

“Where’s Chaerin?”, Jiyong asked. Seungri turned his back and started roaming his eyes through the venue to look for his wife.

 

 

“Ah, there she is”, Seungri said after a while when he saw Chaerin approaching them. Dara smiled to herself thinking that she will not be alone in this party while Seungri and Jiyong entertain their guests.

 

 

“Ohhhhh! Dara unnie!”, Chaerin delightedly exclaimed seeing Dara with Jiyong. She walked to  her and hugged her tight. “It’s a good thing that you’re here, unnie. I’m really not a party person”, Chaerin then winked at her.

 

 

“Uhm, sir Jiyong… Sir Seungri, Sir Seunghyun wants to talk to you in private”, Sohee said as she guided the two men towards one of the conference room in the hotel. Jiyong looked at Dara first before pulling her to him and kissing her on the lips. Dara blushed immediately knowing that Seungri, Chaerin and Sohee saw their moment.

 

 

“Uhmmm. I’ll go to the powder room first, Chaerin”, Dara excused herself as she went towards the powder room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara washed her hands on the sink while looking at her reflection on the mirror. She heaved a deep sigh and decided to go back to where she left Chaerin. On her way back to the function hall, she heard voices coming from one of the doors in the hallways. She furrowed her eyebrows and tried to ignore the voices.

 

 

When she was near the door, she could clearly recognized Jiyong’s voice. She furrowed her eyebrows and her feet started walking towards the door. She could clearly see from the small opening of the door where Jiyong, Seunghyun and Seungri stood. It was really bad eavesdropping on someone’s conversion but she can’t help herself. She wanted to know the reason why the brothers are having a heated discussion and shouting at each other.

 

 

“Has it ever occurred to your mind that she may just be faking her amnesia and waiting for the time when she could steal from you again?” Seunghyun said.

 

 

“She’s not faking her amnesia, hyung!”, Jiyong shouted at the top of his lungs.

 

 

“How can you be so sure, hyung?” Seungri asked.

 

 

“I just know it. And it doesn’t matter to me anymore if Dara was the one who stole the design! All that matters now is that we have a child. So, please, drop it!”

 

 

Dara gasps. The door that holds her memories opened and rushed to her like a raging flood. The day she found out she was pregnant. The night Jiyong told her that she was just a mistress to her. The night Jiyong accused her of stealing the design of his hotel. The night he brutally kicked her out of his penthouse. The night she was kidnapped. She shivered at the memory of her in the hands of her kidnappers. She was so scared. Not for herself but for her baby.

 

 

The pain, the betrayal came to her like a raging bull in heat. It was overwhelming. Tears continuously flow from her eyes. It was getting harder for her to breathe. Her knees started weakening. She leaned her hands on the door as she tried harder to breathe through . She unconsciously opened the door. She looked up and saw three pair of eyes looking at her.

 

 

She focused her gaze at Jiyong. She can’t believe he fed her all those lies. She can see a hint of surprise in his orbs. She glared at him before turning her heels and started running away from the scene. She now knew why Seunghyun and Seungri treated her that way. She was accused of stealing something she haven’t seen from the very start.

 

 

“Unnie!”, she heard Chaerin calling out her name when she passed by the door to the function room.

 

 

She ignored her and kept running and running with tears continuously flowing from her eyes. She just want to go to a place where she can forget the pain she is feeling inside. She loved a man who doesn’t even trust her.

 

 

“Dara!”, she looked back and saw Jiyong chasing her. She sped up but stumbled on her back.

 

 

She wanted to stand up. She tried to stand up but her knees are so weak. She slumped herself on the floor of the hotels reception. She doesn’t care if people passing by would think of her as a crazy person. She just wants to shut the world out and forget the pain she is feeling inside. She shuts her eyes close.

 

 

“Dara!”, she heard Jiyong calling out her name. She felt she was being slightly shaken. But she couldn’t care less. She’s so tired. So freaking tired.

 

 

“Dara, open your eyes”, Jiyong pleaded. Fear crept up to him seeing her close her eyes. “Go call a doctor!”, he commanded to his staff standing on the reception desk.

 

 

The last thing that Dara felt was being lifted up. She knew in her subconscious mind that it was Jiyong who was carrying her. The pain intensified but she can’t help but to feel safe in his arms even if he was the sole man who caused her the pain she is feeling. 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sooooooooo happy right now! BigBang is here in the Philippines! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! But I'm also sad at the same time for I won't be able to go to their concert. Haaaaayyyst. Anyways, Dara got her memories back. :DD I wonder what will happen next?? I'm sure you guys want to know the truth, right?? :))