| FOUR | - Lies

Thief of His Heart

Lies

 

 

 

“Jiyong?”, Dara roamed around the house looking for Jiyong. She wants to have breakfast with him but she can’t seem to find him. She furrowed her eyebrows as she went to the kitchen only to see Mr. Lee preparing the table.

 

 

“Good morning, Mr. Lee”, Dara greeted the old man with her smile before continuing, “…. Did you see Jiyong?”

 

 

Mr. Lee smiled back at her. “….He is in his office, Ms. Park”

 

 

“Oh, you should stop calling me ‘Ms. Park’, Mr. Lee. I’m not comfortable with it. And thanks for telling me where Jiyong is”, Dara said before turning her heels around and heading towards her fiancee’s office.

 

 

She knocked on the door but no one answered. She knocked again and still, there’s no answer. She tried her luck and pushed the door open only to be shocked that it was open. She opened the wider and she let herself in.

 

 

Jiyong’s office is big. She thought to herself as she roamed around his office. She then caught a sight on the laptop and smiled to herself before going towards his table and sitting on his chair. Dara stared at the laptop for quite  a while before making up her mind on what to do.

 

 

She fired up his search engine and typed her name. Hoping that the internet would help her remember herself. But she got disappointed when it only showed related search that is not even related to her. But wait, she is Kwon Jiyong’s fiancée right? Shouldn’t there be news about their relationship. She titled her head a little to the right and then another idea came into her mind. She went back to the search tab and typed Jiyong’s name. After just a second, there are about millions of article shown.

 

 

She clicked the very first one and started reading it. She was breathless after reading the whole article. She rested her hands near her heart where she can feel it beating erratically. How the hell did she got pregnant with the world’s richest business man? Her train of thoughts got interrupted when she heard a loud voice coming from the door.

 

 

“What are you doing?”, Jiyong asked angrily as he strode to where Dara is sitting.

 

 

Dara immediately stood up and her hands became sweaty. She felt a little shiver as she looked at Jiyong’s face. He looked like he can beat someone to death right now. Why does he looks so angry? Dara asked herself.

 

 

“I said what are you doing with my laptop?”, Jiyong asked once again. He then went towards his laptop and checked the history.

 

 

Dara immediately stepped further from him before running towards the door then up to her room. She felt scared seeing Jiyong. And she doesn’t even know what she did wrong to make Jiyong so angry like that. When she got to her room, she sat at the edge of the bed as she cradled her stomach in her hands.

 

 

Jiyong sighed in relief when he saw in the search history that all Dara did was to search for her and Jiyong’s name. And it also said in his computer’s history that his file was not touched. He just lost it a while ago seeing her in front of his computer. He wanted to forget that Dara had stolen from him and he even wanted Dara to not remember all that happened in the past anymore.  

 

 

If Dara will remember what she had done to him, she will feel guilty and she would blame herself for letting their relationship fall. She would walk away from him with his child. He can’t do that. He can’t be apart from his child. He already love his unborn child and he will do anything just to give him/her a happy life with a complete set of parents.

 

 

With one last look at his computer, he turned his heels around and started to find Dara. He heaved a sigh of relief when he found her on her room, sitting on the edge of her bed with a faraway look. He entered without announcing and when Dara felt his presence, she looked up at him.

 

 

“What am I really to you, Jiyong?”, she asked desperately as she stared at the mysterious man in front of her.

 

 

Jiyong sat beside her and grabbed her hands. He then started forming circles in the back of her palms before starting, “You were my secretary back then. But the chemistry between is undeniable. So I asked you if you want to move up with me in my penthouse. And you gladly obliged.”

 

 

“Is it really true that we’re engaged?”, she asked.

 

 

“Yes”, Jiyong replied silently before heaving up a deep breath.

 

 

“But why aren’t there news about the business tycoon, Kwon Jiyong, getting married?”, she asked as she held his hand and looked straight in his eyes. Hoping for him to say the truth.

 

 

“Our relationship was a secret, Dara. No one knew about it. Even my brothers.”

 

 

“But at least, some people would see us on the streets back then”, she said a little hesitantly.

 

 

“I was away too often. I cannot afford to bring you out to eat because I had so many meetings abroad”, Jiyong reasoned out as he shifted his gaze away from Dara.  

 

 

“Are you saying the truth, Jiyong?”, Dara asked tenderly. Jiyong felt his throat tightening so he just nods his head.

 

 

“Why did I lose my memories? What happened to me?”, Dara needed to ask so that the confusion she is feeling would stop now.

 

 

“You were in a car accident, Dara. You hit your head pretty bad on the stirring wheel. But now, you and our baby are safe. I will do anything to protect you both”, Jiyong said as he pecked on Dara’s lips before asking her to have breakfast with him.

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

Dara was smiling to herself as she studies her face in front of the mirror. She looked glowing and the smile on her face just can’t go away. It has been three days since Jiyong told her all about what she had to know and she left a little lighter. Only that sometimes, she would feel that something’s off.

 

 

She wished that her memories would come back soon so that her relationship with Jiyong would be back to normal. Jiyong had been acting sweet and gentle to her for the past few days but she can still feel a little reluctance in his actions. It seems like there is something that is holding him back.   

 

 

Dara caressed her big tummy and her smile widens. When she felt movements below her hand, she immediately shouted for Jiyong. In just a short span, Jiyong was already on her door looking all concerned. She just motioned for him to come to her and when he is already at her side. She took hold of his hand and placed it where their baby kicked her.

 

 

Jiyong had wonder and something deeper in his eyes as he felt his child kicked under his palm. He felt different emotion swirling on his insides as he continued to feel their child. He then looked up at Dara and smiled before shifting his gaze again towards her tummy.

 

 

“I love you, little one”, Jiyong said softly near Dara’s stomach before placing a gentle kiss on it.

 

 

Dara was shocked hearing him say those words. It held so many emotions that Dara’s tears wanted to burst out. She also realized that she also wanted Jiyong to say those words to her. With the same emotions. But then, why would Jiyong hesitate on saying that he loves her? She’s sure that they have exchanged ‘I love you’s’ in the past. There’s no difference in there.

 

 

But maybe, Jiyong is just letting her adjust to their situation given that she doesn’t remember him at all. But her heart remembers him well. She reasoned out with herself. She just smiled before cupping Jiyong’s face in her hands and bringing him up so that she could kiss him. She decided that she will do anything just to make Jiyong say those words to her.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Ohhhhhhh.. 

Some are accusing Sohee as the one who relly stole the design..

Hmmmmm.. Let's see.

:DD 

 

 

Ohhh! 

And that you to love lovesjiyong for the poster! :DD

Isn't it wonderful??