| THREE | - Confused

Thief of His Heart

Confused

 

 

 

 

“Rest, Dara. I’ll be back”, Jiyong said before leaving Dara in her room and closing the door behind him.

 

 

Dara roamed her eyes around the room and felt nothing. I didn’t spark anything in her unlike when she entered the building. She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. She then stood up from the bed and started walking around the room. She came across a walk-in closet and then she entered. Her eyes widen in amazement seeing how big the room is. Then she went in each drawer and the more drawers she opened, the more confused she was.

 

 

Why was it was her clothes only that is inside the closet? Does Jiyong prefer privacy among the two of them? And why does her room seems like it was not a lover’s room? Then she noticed that the clothes inside the closet cannot fit into a five-month pregnant woman. Haven’t she shopped for maternity dresses?

 

 

Her head started to pound due to her thinking. She walked out of the closet and she sat at the edge of the bed. What happened to her? Why did she lose her memories? Maybe I should ask Jiyong later when he comes back. She thought to herself as she lay her body down on the comfortable bed, with her feet dangling at the edge, and let her eyes fall and let sleep consume her.

 

 

____________________________

 

 

Jiyong sat at his working chair just as soon Sohee left. Their inventors are demanding they should see him immediately. For almost five months, they had been trying hard to hide from their inventors that their design had been stolen. But unfortunately, they knew it somehow. And now, he has a big problem to face. And this is all because of Dara.

 

 

If Dara hadn’t stolen from him, he doesn’t have to deal with the investors. If Dara hadn’t stolen from him, Imperial Grand Hotel already has its branch in Paris. And if Dara hadn’t stolen from him, their relationship would still be there.

 

 

He combed his hand through his hair as he heaved a deep breath. Maybe his Seunghyun hyung was right. He should’ve just rented an apartment for Dara and hire the people she needs. And when the baby is already out, he will keep his child and send Dara far away from them. But that would be unfair to his child. And Dara has no relative left.

 

 

Jiyong cursed loudly before standing up and walking towards Dara room. He took a peek in the small opening in her door and when he saw that she is already peacefully sleeping, he turned around and started his pace towards his workspace to do his much neglected work.

 

 

 

________________________________

 

Dara’s eye fluttered opened as she felt darkness eating her room. She rubbed her hands in her eyes to focus her gaze as she caught a sight of the clock sitting on the bedside table. It read six thirty in the evening. She furrowed her brows as she realized that she had been asleep for six hours already. The perks of being pregnant. She thought to herself.

 

 

She stood up from the bed and then she felt her stomach grumbling. She smiled to herself before bringing her hands on her bump as she caressed it gently.

 

 

“You must be hungry now, huh”, Dara talked to her child as she giggled, “… Sorry, Mommy is just so tired.”

 

 

Then she walked out of the room to go look for Jiyong and maybe have some dinner together. She was currently on her step towards the stairs when she heard Jiyong’s voice.

 

 

“You should not walk down the stairs alone, Ssantokki”, Jiyong said before going up the stairs and scooping Dara up in his arms. Dara let out a surprise shriek before wrapping her arms around Jiyong’s neck as the latter went carefully down the stairs.

 

 

“Ji, put me down. I’m not light nowadays”, Dara said as she hides the blush that is creeping in her face.

 

 

“Are you doubting my strength, dear one?”, Jiyong asked playfully as he carried Dara all the way to the kitchen. When they got to their destination, Jiyong carefully laid her down and pulled her a chair.

 

 

“Good evening, Mr. Kwon, Ms. Park”, Mr. Lee greeted them with a smile plastered on his face. Jiyong just nodded her head while Dara replied with a smile.

 

 

Later then, their dinner was served. Dara started digging through her foods the moment the foods are set on the table. Jiyong watched her with amusement in his eyes while eating his food. Seems like Dara forgot all about Jiyong the moment her eyes saw all the foods. Jiyong chuckled to himself as he continuously stared at Dara.

 

 

“Mr. Kwon, phone for you. It’s from the Seoul Police Department”, Jiyong’s thoughts were interrupted by a maid. Jiyong stood up from his seat then walked towards where the phone is.

 

 

“Kwon Jiyong, speaking”, Jiyong said.

 

 

“Mr. Kwon, it seems that the kidnappers of Ms. Park grew tired of waiting for their ransom to be answered. So they just left her in an abandoned building. A concerned citizen called the police and that’s when they recovered her”, the officer announced to him. Jiyong’s grip on the phone grew tighter.

 

 

“Okay. Thank you, officer. Let me know if you have reports about the kidnappers. Goodnight”, Jiyong ended as he placed the phone down with a little force. Then he went back to the kitchen only to see Dara patting her now big stomach.

 

 

“Seems like you’re finished eating”, Jiyong said before sitting on his chair. Dara smiled up at him contentedly.

 

 

“You should finish eating now, Jiyong”, Dara said.

 

 

“I’m full”, he replied.

 

 

Dara’s brows furrowed while eying Jiyong’s plate, “You haven’t touched any of your food”, she exclaimed. Jiyong just smiled and stood up. He then offered his hand to Dara and though confused, she took his hand. Jiyong guided her towards the stairs and when she realized where they are going, she faced him.

 

 

“Oh, Jiyong. You’ve got to be kidding me!”, she said with a wicked smile plastered on her face. “I just woke up from a long sleep and here you are wanting me to go back to my room.”

 

 

“You need rest above anything else in this world”, Jiyong replied softly while opening her door. He then let her lie on her bed before placing a blanket around her.

 

 

“I’m sorry”, Dara whispered but Jiyong heard it. He furrowed his eyebrows as if asking her why she was saying sorry. “I know this is hard for you. Having the one you love forgets about you.”

 

 

Dara felt Jiyong stiffen on her remark. Jiyong said nothing as he bent down and pecked Dara’s forehead before leaving her alone inside her room.