|ONE| His Decision

Thief of His Heart

His Decision

 

 

 

 

Jiyong loosen his tie as he walked towards the kitchen to tell his personal cook what he wants to eat. His eyebrows furrowed when he heard noises coming from the kitchen. He fastened his pace and then sighed a relief when he realized that it was just the television.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Kwon. Would you like to have your dinner now?”, his cook asked him as he emerged from the kitchen. Jiyong nods his head and his cook went back to the kitchen to prepare his food.

 

“I’ll just change, Mr. Lee”, Jiyong announced as he walked towards the stairs and to his room. When he opened his door, darkness welcomed him. He sighed as he went to his closet but he opened his television first. He then walked towards his closet to get some fresh clothes when he heard something on the television.

 

He quickly went to his bed and sat. He reached for the remote control sitting on his bedside table and turn up the volume.

 

“Ms. Sandara Park has been rescued from the hands of her kidnappers after five months of captive. She is now being taken care for at Seoul Hospital where the doctor says that the mother and baby are fine…….”

 

Jiyong did not hear clearly the rest of the reporter has to say. All he knows right now is that Dara has been kidnapped and she is pregnant. His face paled as he realized that the baby Dara’s carrying is his. Heck, he is sure that it is his. He stood up and reached for his car keys and ran downstairs.

 

“Mr. Kwon, where are you going? Your dinner is ready!”, Mr. Lee shouted as he saw Jiyong running towards the door as he barks at someone to get his car immediately.

 

 

___________________________

 

 

“Where is Sandara Park?”, Jiyong asked as soon as he stood by the nurses’ station. The nurses were all baffled to see Kwon Jiyong standing in front of them. 

 

“She is being transferred to room 421”, one of the giddy nurses managed to answer him. He didn’t get to say thank you as he rushed his way towards the elevator and pushed the number 4. He impatiently waited for the elevator to stop and when it did, he half ran and half walk towards the room where Dara is.

 

When he opened the door, he immediately spotted Dara sleeping at the hospital bed with a protective hand covering her abdomen. He walked closer to her and smiled sadly seeing her again after five months. He noticed that her hair is quite longer than he remembered and she lost weight. A lot of weight. But the bulge in her stomach is so obvious and something caught up in his throat.

 

He broke his gaze on her when he heard a knocking on the door. He turned around and saw the doctor came in. The doctor went to him and sat beside him while he returned his gaze on her.

 

“How is she?”, he asked without breaking his gaze away from her face.

 

“She is fine. As well as the baby. Are you somewhat a relative of her?”, the doctor asked curiously as he thought what is the relation of the famous Kwon Jiyong to the unconscious pregnant woman lying in the hospital bed.

 

“I’m her fiancée”, Jiyong said as he felt his throat tightened. He looked at the doctor and saw a surprise glint in his eye.

 

“I have much more important things I need to discuss with you. If you may?”, the doctor held his hands towards the door indicating that he wants to talk to Jiyong outside Dara’s room. He nodded his head and head straight to the door with the doctor trailing behind him.

 

“Ms. Park can be discharged tomorrow morning if you want but I need to warn you about her condition”, the doctor started as soon as he closed the door to Dara’s room and then he continued “…… She is not hurt physically but she is broken emotionally.”

 

Jiyong’s eyebrows furrowed hearing what the doctor had said. Confusion starts to mar his face. “What are you trying to say?”, he asked.

 

“When she was brought in here, she is half awake. And when we asked her about herself, all she could remember is her name. She is even surprised when we told her that she is pregnant.”

 

“What? Are you sure she is not hurt physically? Why can’t she remember anything aside from her name?”, he asked rather confused.

 

“Yes, we are sure that she is not hurt physically. I think that maybe the reason why she lost her memories is her mechanism to cope. What happened to her is so frightening. She has been held captive for five months and she is pregnant. I’ve already arranged a psychiatrist to look at her and that what she also said. Some patients with painful past tend to shut out that memories to their system and forget it.”

 

Jiyong was speechless for a moment. Dara has been hurt. Not physically but emotionally. This is his entire fault. He sent Dara straight to the kidnappers hand the night he kicked her out of his penthouse. But it is her fault also. She stole from him and she betrayed the trust he gave her.

 

“Will she be able to gain back her memories?”, Jiyong asked.

 

“Yes. But it will come slowly. You need to be patient with her. She is so fragile right now. Don’t rush her to make her memories come back quickly. It will just bring stress to her and it is not good for both the mother and child.”

 

“Okay. I understand, doctor. Thank you”, Jiyong replied as he nods his head.

 

“I’ll be going to take my rounds now. Just push the button beside her bed if you need something. Nurses will immediately run to her”, the doctor said before taking his step and leaving Jiyong alone infront of Dara’s room.

 

Jiyong took out his phone from the back pocket of his pants to call his brothers. He needs to make his brothers know first what his decision before going inside to wait for Dara to wake up and tell her.

 

“There must be something that held you up in Seoul to make you miss your flight to Paris”, Seungri, his younger brother greeted him when the latter answered his phone.

 

“Wait, I’ll get Seunghyun on the line”, Jiyong said as he dialed again another number. This time, it is his older brother. He heard two rings before Seunghyun picked up his phone.

 

“What is it?”, Seunghyun asked in his deep, baritone voice.

 

“You’re going to be uncles”, Jiyong announced over the phone. There was a minute of silence when Seungri started chuckling.

 

“You’re fast. Who’s the girl?”, Seunghyun asked. Amusement can be heard in his voice.

 

“It’s Dara”, Jiyong answered quietly.

 

“Are you sure it’s yours, hyung?”, Seungri asked a little suspicious.

 

“I was the only man in her bed for the last five months”, Jiyong answered with a little tightening on his voice.

 

“What are you planning to do right now?”, his older brother calmly asked him but he can still feel the anger his older brother is feeling.

 

“I’m going to marry her”, Jiyong said rather confidently.

 

“Are you ing out of your mind, hyung?”, Seungri raised his voice. Losing the calm feeling he felt a while ago.

 

“You can’t marry the girl who stole our design, Jiyong. No”,  Seungyun said as Jiyong heard the gritting of his teeth.

 

“It’s not up to you on what I should do with my life. I want you to know that I will marry Dara aside from the fact that she stole from us. I’m doing this for the sake of my child. I don't want my child to be born a bastard”, Jiyong said with his usual cold voice. There was silence and after a while, he heard someone sighed.

 

“Well, I think congratulation is up to list right now. Congratulations on the baby, hyung. But I can’t say the same about the wedding. I still think marrying the one who stole from you is the most absurd idea of all”, Seungri said. Jiyong can imagine his younger brother shaking his head in disapproval. 

 

“You can just get her an apartment, Jiyong. Hire the person she needs and who can monitor her until the baby comes out, then after that, you can toss her away and keep the baby. You can still think about it”, Seunghyun suggested that made Jiyong blood boiled.

 

“No. My decision is final. I’m going to marry her whether you two like it or not”, Jiyong said then he hanged up. Not waiting for what his brothers has to say. He then shoved his phone inside his pocket and went inside Dara’s room only to see her staring up at the ceiling. Confusion written all over her beautiful face.