Chapter 8

What Happens in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Korean dialogue will be displayed in red]

~Natalie’s POV~

 

We all walked over to the patio where they had already brought the cake out. The sun was almost below the horizon, and as Minho lit the candles, they glowed brightly in the muted dusk light.

 

"Saengil chooka hamnida, Saengil chooka hamnida!" everybody chorused, singing happy birthday in Korean. Taemin blew out the candles and cut everybody a piece of the cake. I'm not quite sure how it began, but somehow an icing war broke out as people were trying to catapult icing at each other using their spoons. I tried to stay out of it, so I was one of the only people without icing on me. That is until Taemin was aiming another shot at Jonghyun, but at the last moment, Jonghyun ducked to the side, and the icing hit me right in the face. A chorus of oooooooooh's erupted from everyone around me as I glared at Taemin, whose jaw had practically dropped to the floor. I, of course, do not go without revenge. I stood up, grabbing some of the icing off the top of my cake with my finger.

 

"Mianhamnida, mianhamnida!" Taemin said as he tried to back away from me, causing him to almost trip over one of the chairs. I looked at the icing on my hand, and then smeared it across the side of Taemin's face. A few people burst out laughing, and Taemin tried to recover. I screamed as he smeared icing across my cheek, and the laughter only continued as an icing frenzy broke out once again. When I looked at him again, even Taemin was laughing. But not for long. I eyed the piece of cake that was on the plate in his hand, then pushed the whole thing into his face. Everybody there exploded into laughter, and Taemin could do nothing more to fight back; his ammunition was gone.

 

I sat down next to Taemin and we both couldn't stop laughing. He fared a lot worse than I did though, so I helped him wipe the cake off his face with a towel Onew had retrieved.

 

"Mianhae, Taemin-ah," I said, pinching his cheek, and we both laughed again. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Seunghyun watching us warily, like something was bothering him. He had almost the same expression as he did when Taemin had hugged me...

 

Either way, he seemed troubled, so I got up and went over to him hoping I could cheer him up. As soon as I sat down beside him, his face seemed to brighten.

 

Taemin, finally giving up on getting off all of the cake, stood up. "I've got to go wash up," he said, heading inside.

 

I noticed Minho eyeing the basketball courts across the road. "Hey, you guys want to play basketball?" he asked.

 

"SHINee vs. FT Island?" Hongki su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter