Chapter 43

What Happens in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Seunghyun's POV~

 

We all bowed as the CEO entered with two other company executives, and Natalie glanced around, hesitantly mimicking our action.

 

He turned to me first, making it clear whom he had come to speak with. "Seunghyun, how are you?"

 

"Annyeonghaseyo daepyonim. I'm well, thank you," I replied politely, bowing once again.

 

"Of course, I'm sure you know what needs to be discussed," he said, and I began to wonder if he was angry about the current circumstances. "Judging by the fact that this young girl has come to meet with us today, I presume that you really do know each other, and that the rumors are not, in fact, rumors at all," the CEO deduced.

 

I was about to say yes, but then faltered. I glanced at Natalie, then back at President Han. "Uh, yes sir, that is correct," I answered uncertainly. I glanced at Natalie to see if she would say anything, but she remained quiet.

 

His serious expression was at once dispersed by a smile. "In that case, there will be no need to lie to the media," he chuckled warmly, and the sudden change of tone in his voice took me by surprise.

 

"...Sir?" I asked vaguely, not sure what he meant.

 

"The press will be expecting a statement, no doubt, so before then, make sure to get your story straightened out. Of course, we can leave Miss Natalie's name out of it, for reasons of personal privacy," President Han stated calmly, and proceeded to explain in greater depth how the situation would be handled.

 

Shortly after, everyone was dismissed, and President Han went off to discuss something with Yoonho and the other executives in private. I was the only one told to not wander off, since they weren't done speaking with me – my situation was far from sorted out. Everyone else was free to go.

 

As we left, walking along the corridor towards a larger common room, I glanced at Natalie worriedly. She hadn't spoken very much, and I could only imagine how confusing this was for her; I could barely even keep up myself. "How are you holding up?" I asked her uncertainly.

 

She returned my inquisition with an optimistic smile. "I'm fine; I just wasn't quite expecting the crowd that I woke up to this morning, that's all."

 

"They found where you were staying?" I asked, surprised at how quick fans had tracked her down.

 

"Some sasaengs must have followed her home or something," Jaejin said, his statement met with nods of agreement.

 

Since we were all waiting around for Yoonho and President Han anyways, I took the opportunity to finally speak wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter