Chapter 37

What Happens in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Third Person POV~

 

Seunghyun slowly dribbled the basketball in his hands, and then threw it angrily at the net. When it bounced off the rim and back down onto the sun-worn asphalt, he didn't go to get the ball right away. He thought about the two Primadonnas that had passed by a little while ago. Why, of all days, did there have to be people at this basketball court? FT Island came here all the time, and it was always deserted. Seunghyun had tried to turn down their many requests politely, but already being in a bad mood, he eventually snapped at them to just leave him alone. He regretted being mean to them afterwards, which only made him feel worse than he already did.

 

Seunghyun sighed in frustration, "Doesn't anyone care about privacy around here?"

 

The ball he had shot rolled along the pavement toward the entrance gate of the courts, until it was stopped by someone's foot. Seunghyun looked up, making eye contact with the person.

 

"I do," the person said as she picked the basketball up off the ground, "So I guess I could leave if it really bothers you."

 

Seunghyun's eyes widened. "Natalie..."

 

"But you know, I already came all the way here... It just seems like such a pity to leave already. And I even took the bus. You know how bad I am with Korean transit," Natalie chuckled bashfully as she twirled the basketball between her palms.

 

With a shrug, she placed the ball back on the ground, then turned to leave. But, just as she knew he would, Seunghyun stopped her.

 

"Wait," he called out, "You don't have to go."

 

She turned back to him, and he couldn't seem meet her eyes. "About earlier," he tried to find the right words, "I can explain..."

 

Natalie picked up the basketball again, passing it to him. "You don't have to. Whatever might have been going through your mind, your reasons were your own." Natalie thought about what FT Island had told her, but she wasn't going to tell Seunghyun that she already knew. Instead, she just wanted to make amends with him, and most importantly convince him to come back home. The rest of s, of course, wouldn't hold anything against Seunghyun, but he had too many things to think over right now to face them.

 

Seunghyun caught the ball, blinking in surprise. "I guess I just never wanted you to find out. I thought maybe...it would change how you saw me. And I know it was stupid of me in the first place," Seunghyun assured her, "Trust me, I've heard it enough from everyone else already."

 

"Did you think I was going to give you a hard time, too?" Natalie asked, and he remained quiet.

 

:.

 

Back at the FT Island dorm, Jonghun, Jaejin, and Minhwan were discussing the recent turn of events.

 

"Are you sure Natalie will be able to find him?" Jaejin asked worriedly. "Even if she somehow does, what if he won't listen to her?"

 

Jonghun nodded. "I have faith in her. And if anyone can talk some sense into him, it's Natalie."

 

The front door opened, revealing that Hongki was home. "Where did Natalie go?" he inquired as he joined their group conversation.

 

"Out to look for Seunghyun," Jaejin answered, and Hongki's eyes fell.

 

"That's good, I guess."

 

All of FT Island looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter