Chapter 44

What Happens in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Third Person POV~

 

That evening, Seunghyun rejoined the rest of his band mates to go over last minute preparations for the press conference scheduled to begin in just five minutes, announcing FT Island's impending Japanese activities.

 

FT Island themselves had barely had enough time to register all that was going on. They just knew that they had to sit there and look pretty while the press took pictures. Dozens of reporters and photographers were already gathered in the large conference hall reserved for the event, and as the clock ticked, the crowd remained in hushed conversation as they waited impatiently. In a neat, single file line, FT Island walked one by one up onto the elevated platform, where a table was prepared for them to sit at. Cameras flashed as each member made their way to their chairs, but none more so than when Seunghyun came out. After a group greeting, they all took a seat, and an FNC representative began the conference.

 

 

 

Natalie had made it back in time to go with her parents to the dinner party. In light of recent success, her dad's business was having a celebratory dinner at a nice restaurant – friends and family inclusive. She greeted his colleagues kindly, though most of the faces were unfamiliar. Not wanting to feel like the kid that got dragged along to an adult event, she tried to partake in the general conversation, but her mind was elsewhere.

 

FT Island was going to be promoting in Japan. Soon. At this point, that was all she knew. However, if they weren't leaving for another few weeks, then she would be back in America by then anyways. In that case, it wouldn't make much a difference. But what was that they mentioned about FT Island's future activities? She couldn't help but be struck with a feeling of guilt. If the whole group was going to be badly impacted, it only made her feel like more of a burden to them.

 

 

 

Seunghyun fidgeted with his hands in his lap, only half listening to what was being said.

 

"–and FT Island is looking forward to the opportunity to greet their Japanese fans once again. Following a showcase in Tokyo, the tour will have nationwide stops, including Niigata, Nagoya, Osaka–"

 

He tuned out the voice that resonated from the speakers that were positioned all around the stage, until it was nothing but white noise to his ears. He sighed, making a mental note to take something for his headache later. He glanced around at all the reporters, who were occupied for the most part as they took detailed notes of what the FNC representative was saying.

 

After going over it many times in his head, he knew pretty much what he was supposed to say in the event that he was directly spoken to by reporters. The public relations team had come up with all the 'appropriate' responses for questions that were likely to be asked. But were reporters really going to ask him about Natalie? It really wasn't any of their business. Seunghyun sighed as he remembered his manager's words, There's no such thing as 'privacy'.

 

 

 

Natalie took a sip of her water, then politely accepted a side dish as it was passed to her. She laughed courteously at some joke that had just been made, though she hadn't been paying enough attention to catch what it was. She glanced out the window of the restaurant, wondering what Seunghyun and the rest of FT Island were doing at that very moment. The late evening sky had already darkened, and she stared at her muted reflection in the glass.

 

Was it really going to be okay if she dated Seunghyun? He was a celebrity, and based on what she had experienced in the past 24 hours, any possibility of a relationship was a big deal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter