Chapter 35

What Happens in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Third Person POV~

 

Though the storm continued, Seunghyun tried to keep Natalie occupied so she wouldn't think about it. He told jokes and stories, easily using his naturally funny self to make Natalie laugh. She was glad to once again be around the fun loving Seunghyun that she had come to know so well, and she hadn't realized how much she really missed that. She tried to ignore the storm as best she could, but still quieted at each passing strike of lightning.

 

Natalie heard another rumble, but it wasn't thunder this time – it was her stomach. She blinked in surprise, not realizing that she was hungry. "Shh~," she hushed with her finger over , patting her stomach lightly.

 

Seunghyun laughed at her act of cuteness. "Haven't you eaten?"

 

She shook her head. "No, I just went home after the concert..."

 

"..." Seunghyun nodded wordlessly, and the atmosphere became awkward as they both thought about what happened after the concert. They had both only just started to forget about that. He coughed slightly, standing up. "I'm kind of hungry, too. Don't you have any food here?" he asked as he went over to the kitchen, only to find that it was empty.

 

"Nope," Natalie shook her head, "I always go eat with my parents, so I never needed any food here."

 

Seunghyun frowned slightly. "Then what are we supposed to eat?" He looked over at Natalie expectantly, but she just shrugged. "I know," he snapped his fingers at his sudden idea, "We could just go buy some ramyun from the store across the street. It's open 24 hours."

 

"You mean...go outside? In this storm?" Natalie asked incredulously, then shook her head, "No way."

 

"Come on, it'll be really quick," Seunghyun said, dragging her up from her seat.

 

She stopped and crossed her arms. "It's still raining, though! I don't have an umbrella, and I'm pretty sure you don't either, right?"

 

"So we'll run! Just come, okay? Or...would you rather stay here alone while I go?" he suggested, knowing that she would never want to do that.

 

Natalie was quiet for a moment. She glanced out the window, beginning to get a bit paranoid about staying alone, then quickly walked over to Seunghyun. "Fine, let's go."

 

Seunghyun smiled victoriously, and they made their way downstairs to the entrance doors. Outside, the rain was pouring down relentlessly, falling at an angle to the ground as the wind pushed it, and they both stared at it for a moment as they stood under a covered area by the door. Seunghyun looked through the wall of rain to the convenience store across the street, the quiet hum of its neon sign drowned out by the pounding of water drops against asphalt.

 

"Are you ready?" he asked, and Natalie glanced at him uncertainly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter