Chapter 5

What Happens in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Natalie's POV~

 

When I reached the hotel room, I knocked on the door. My dad opened it and let me in.

 

"Hey, look at that. Nat made it in one piece," he said jokingly.

 

"Oh, it's good to finally see that you're okay," my mom said as she walked over with a sympathetic smile. "How did Seoul fare you?"

 

"Good, actually," I replied. "I didn't really go downtown, so most of the people didn't speak English, but I met some interesting people."

 

"Really? Like who?" my mom asked.

 

"A famous Korean band," I said with a grin.

 

"Sounds like you've had a more eventful day than we have. Better as is, I guess, since I have to rest up for tomorrow's big presentation," my dad said.

 

"Now, Natalie," my mom continued, "Your father's company provided this single bedroom suite as an accommodation, so we also had to get another room. Are you okay with having your own room?"

 

"Yeah, that's fine," I replied, while inside I was thinking it was much more than fine. I was somebody who treasured being able to have privacy and independence. This was perfect.

 

"Alright, it's just down the hall from here, so you can bring your bags over there now if you want."

 

I carried my suitcases over to my room, and found myself in a smaller version of the room my parents were staying in. As I walked in, the bathroom was immediately to the right. Further inside was a kitchenette followed by a living room area with a couch, an LCD TV, and a full home theatre and entertainment system. Beyond the corner was a queen size bed, just before a doorway leading out onto the balcony. There was a washing machine, dish washer, telephone; everything I might need.

 

I nodded to myself in approval. "Yep, I'm definitely liking Korea."

 

Just then, my cell phone began to vibrate. I checked it, and saw that there was a te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter