Chapter 48

What Happens in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Natalie's POV~

 

My heart pounded frantically in my chest. I was practically running down the street. Was I too late?

 

It was the day of FT Island's departure. I had woken up that morning, mapping out in my head how I would say goodbye to Seunghyun. It seemed my parents had also given up on trying to talk me out of going home, as they had been for the past few days.

 

"You're sure about this," my dad had said for the umpteenth time. I nodded with certainty, and he looked at my mom. "Alright," he sighed, "Then here you go." He pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket, handing it to me. I stared at the plane ticket in my hands. New York. Direct flight. I would finally be home soon. It was a bittersweet thought to say the least.

 

I had been thinking it over and finally decided that I wanted to give Seunghyun my lucky necklace before he left. The little heart shaped pendant had served me well, and was something that I treasured most. I wanted him to have a piece of me wherever he went. I chuckled to myself – I really was giving my 'heart' away, literally. I could picture it clearly – one last tearful goodbye as he entered the airplane terminal, one last embrace, one last wave as his head disappeared the crowd. It sounded like a scene right out of a romance movie.

 

That is, until I received a phone call that changed everything.

 

"I don't understand," I had said uncertainly as the FNC representative on the other end of the line tried to explain the situation to me.

 

"Well, due to the potential influx of media attention, we are requesting that you do not accompany FT Island to the airport. They will be leaving shortly to catch an early flight–"

 

My ears went numb right there.

 

"What did you say?"

 

"I said FT Island will be leaving shortly to catch an early flight. Our apologies, Ms. Young, but you must understand. Our security personnel will already have to deal with the large swell of fans, and your attendance could cause unanticipated problems. We do hope that you–"

 

I hung up, not even listening to what the woman had to say. Within seconds, I was out the door, praying I could reach the FNC building before they left. I had been asked politely not to come to the airport, but I knew it was really more of an order. And now here I was, rushing through the familiar streets of Seoul, not even knowing how much longer FT Island would still be in the country.

 

~Third Person POV~

 

There's no way, thought Seunghyun, There's no way this is really happening.

 

He had just been informed that he couldn't see Natalie again before they left. That meant he wouldn't be able to say goodbye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter