Chapter 8

Hiding My True Self

W H Y  I S  T H I S  H A P P E N I N G  T O  M E ?


 

After a day at the hospital, i got out and returned to school the day after. I walked down the crowded hall and noticed worried stares and some smiles. I walked towards my friends and gave them a cold bow.

''Daehyun, what happened to you?'' Yongguk asked worried.

 ''nothing'' I answered simply and looked away avoiding their stares.

''No seriously wha-'' Zelo interrupted Yongguk.

 ''Look There's Sohee!'' Zelo smiled his best smile and gave Sohee a warm welcome.

 Not noticing I stared at her as my heart started beating faster. She noticed and looked up at me, smiling.

 I widened my eyes and felt my heart beating faster and faster, and my cheeks heating up.

 *God! Why is this happening to me?* I thought as I tightened my leather mask.

''Are you feeling better?'' Sohee smiled sweetly.

 I looked away avoiding her gaze and nodded slowly.

''Oh, that's good'' I noticed from the corner of my eye that Sohee was hiding something.

She smiled sadly and looked at the floor. I turned to her and held her shoulder, making her look into my eyes. Her innocent eyes met mine and i instantly blushed.

 ''When are we going to try the modeling?'' I asked her as I let my arm fall back to my side.

She brightened up and said ''Do you have time right after school?’’

''yeah, sure.'' I answered quickly.

 ''what are you hiding?'' I asked straight.

 ''Hiding? me? no.. I'm not hiding anything'' She laughed.

 ''swear'' i said holding up my pinky. ''no'' she giggled cutely. I walked closer to her and grabbed something that seemed like a box from her, and held it up to see. I read the small text slowly and smiled to myself. 

It said - Get well soon, Daehyun! I miss you at school!-

''Give it back!'' she jumped with the tip of her toes. I just held it higher up and looked down at her.

 ''Give it! it's embarrassing!'' she jumped higher, and let out a small squeak.

 The next thing I knew, I was on the floor. With Sohee. On top of me. Our lips just inches away. My eyes kept directing at her lips, and to her eyes.

*how does her lips feel like?* I thought to myself. Ashamed of my thoughts I shook my head and pushed her gently off of me.

 Looking around I noticed we had made a scene and everyone, including teachers and my friends were now staring at us wide eyed.

 ''Jung Daehyun!'' My teacher looked furious.

 ''That is not something you can freely do in school! detention for you both!'' He wiped sweat off his now-red face and stomped away angrily. 

''Is that how you treat other girls while your girlfriend isn't there, honey?'' Hee Yeon stepped out from the crowd.

 I did a mental face palm and just felt like slapping that b*tch in the face.

Hee Yeon walked slowly towards Sohee and eyed her.

''Stay away from my boyfriend!!'' Hee Yeon stomped on Sohee's feet with her high heeled shoes, making Sohee bit her lower lip in pain.

''I said-'' Hee Yeon pulled Sohee up from her hair and made her face her.

 ''Stay away!'' Hee Yeon slapped Sohee. I hated times like these. Cause I couldn't press out any words or even do anything. I fought against my still body and grabbed Hee Yeons wrist hard, making her wince in pain.

''aah! oppa! it hurts oppa!'' She made a grimace, but I just held her tighter.

''Stay away from Sohee'' I glared into her eyes.

''What? no! she touched my honeybear!'' Hee Yeon pouted.

 ''Honeybear? Boyfriend? who do you think you are? You haven't even known me for a week! And I’m not your boyfriend! Never was never will. Done with that. Get out of my sight'' I gritted my teeth and let go of her.

I left her eyes teary and her wrist in pain. I walked away from everyone, dragging Sohee with me. We walked to a empty classroom and closed the door behind us. I covered my face and looked at her with sad eyes. I took off my mask and put it in my pocket.

''I'm sorry'' I mumbled.

 ''What?'' She asked. ''I'm sorry'' I said again, this time louder.

''It's okay, Daehyun.'' She smiled innocently.

''No, you don't understand! It's NOT okay! She's a pain in the... ugh, I’m just sorry! I don't know what else to say! You know tha-''

''It's okay. I'm happy as long as you're happy'' She said.

 *I have to make his last month happy. Lighten him up* Sohee Thought sadly.

''Sohee... why are you always smiling...'' I whispered sadly.

 ''I guess it's because I want you to smile too'' she smiled sweetly.

 My heart started beating like it was about to pop out any second. I walked up to her and cupped her cheek, and leaned in slowly.

I noticed her closing her eyes, and I did as well. And just as I was about to kiss her.. The school bell rang.

We both jumped in surprise, and I backed away from her immediately.

*What the hell did I just - almost - do!?* I ruffled my hair, and walked past her opening the door and walking from her, ashamed.

*i'm stupid...*


Did you like the chapter? oh and, should i end this story with chapter 12? or 15? i don't really know how many chapters i can write.. i ran out of ideas.. 

Well, don't hestitate to leave any comments or subscribe!