Chapter 12

Hiding My True Self

T H E  D E S I G N


 

The next day i woke up feeling happy and energetic.

 I stood up and stretched as a smile spread across my face, remembering what Sohee and I did.

I rubbed my eyes as my eyes adjusted to the bright room of mine.

Walking to the bathroom I washed up quickly and dressed up to meet Sohee.

I had decided to wake up extra early today, to wait for Sohee to come out so I could walk her to school.

Today all the competitors and models had to see if our clothes were our size, and if it needed any more decorations and such. So we all had permission to miss all the classes to prepare ourselves. 

I slipped on my shoes and jacket when suddenly a maid came up to me,

 ''Mr. Daehyun? Would you like something to eat?'' she asked carefully.

I looked back down at her with a soft smile on my face, which shocked her. She smiled weakly as I thanked her no, still smiling.

''Mr. Daehyun. I like your smile'' The maid said.

 I smiled a bit more as I opened the door.

 ''Have a good morning by the way'' Was the last thing I said before I closed the door carefully.

I hurried out of the garden and walked towards the gates. I pushed the cold metal slightly as it made a high pitch scraping sound.

I made my way over to Sohee’s house and dug my hands deep inside my pockets. The weather was becoming colder and colder for everyday that came.

 According to the weather lady, it would be -5 Celsius today. I came to a stop and smiled looking up at Sohee's small house.

 Letting out a happy sigh I waited for her to come out. I felt something in my pocket vibrating and I grabbed it, opening the screen. A new message. 

From: Zelo

Ayyo! Where are you? The maids said you went out earlier than usual. And we were going to walk with you today :(((((

I chuckled at the message.

To: Zelo

I woke up early to walk with Sohee! haha.. sorry dude..

I pressed the send button, waiting to receive another message.

From: Zelo

That’s the longest message you've ever sent!!! YOU EVEN WROTE 'HAHA'!!!

I laughed lightly and was about to answer, when I heard the front door to Sohee's house open.

 I turned around and saw Sohee smiling awkwardly at me.

I smiled back and walked towards her, pulling her to my embrace.

 I breathed in her sweet vanilla scent and smiled, rubbing her back.

 ''Daehyun.'' Sohee pushed me away awkwardly.

I laughed and held her hand.

 ''let's go'' I smiled at her.

But what I didn't know, was that Sohee didn't  feel so comfortable with my actions.

My obliviousness didn't let me know.. We walked in silence. For me it was quite comfortable. But to Sohee it was completely awkward.

''Why did you wait for me?'' Sohee decided to break the silence.

 ''Umm.. I don't know actually.. I guess I just wanted to see you again.'' I answered honestly.

Sohee was in a state of shock ''Y-you w-wanted to see me?'' She smiled her angelic sweet smile.

I gave her hand a little squeeze and smiled back at her. 

We walked through the school gates hand in hand, and received shocking expressions, while Sohee seemed to receive ugly glares.

I looked down at her, and she seemed a little bit scared.

''It's okay'' I whispered to her.

She smiled to me unsure, as we made our way to her Design room.

She opened the door to her little 'studio' while i stopped right in front of it. 

''Daehyun!'' I remembered her scream for me to stop. While I just slammed the door at her stopped.

I felt a bit guilty, but smiled to myself remembering that she actually liked me back.

 I entered the room slowly, making my eyes up from my shoes, to her face, with a sweet smile.

 I walked towards her and stared into her eyes,

 ''I'm sorry Sohee. But i-'' I stopped myself from saying that I peeked into her sketch book, and smirked to myself.

''Never mind'' I smiled.

She nodded, and walked into the dressing room pulling out the design she made.

 It was a simple black and white smoking, but to me it was more than that. She actually made it for me to wear. To me that was a whole another meaning.

She handed it to me awkwardly,

 ''Change into that''. I nodded and walked to the dressing room.

After closing the door behind me, I stripped off my clothes and changed into the smoking. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I fixed my hear and practiced a smile that I was going to show Sohee after she saw me.

Finding the right smile, I opened the door to reveal myself.

I smiled, but my smile quickly turned to a gape. There was Sohee.. In a white wedding dress.. Holding a ring in her hand..

 ''Daehyun..'' she said walking closer.

''Will you marry me?'' he asked smiling..

 

Just kidding.. That didn't happen.

Where was I? oh:

 I opened the door to reveal myself, as I smiled lovingly at her.

She walked up to me, and started fixing my tie. She was so close to me. Too close to me. I felt my heart rate fasten, and I couldn't get my eyes off of her.

And actually, I didn't want to look away either. I liked looking at her like this.

 I love how she let her tongue at the corner of , and how she furrowed her brows when she was concentrating.

 She felt my stare and looked up at me. Neither one of us looked away. Her gaze was locked on mine, while mine was on her.

My eyes suddenly shifted towards her lips. I my lips nervously as I looked at her perfect pink, plump and soft lips.

I leaned in slowly, I could feel her heart beat fasten, and her breathing becoming heavier.

There was no difference with me either, cause my body reaction was just the same.

I smiled and leaned in closer and closer. My lips only brushed by hers, when we both turned our heads to the opening door.

She quickly pushed me away, and straightened herself, then cleared .

 ''Hello'' she greeted bowing. I bowed too. The principal hadn't seen anything that happened between us, so I sighed of relief and held my hand up to my speeding heart.

Sohee turned her head towards me, and blushed. I straightened myself up, and looked at our principal.

 ''Daehyun, I'm really glad that you finally accepted to be a model for our ever year-competition.

I really wonder how Sohee did it, but you're both lucky to have each other.'' My eyes widened, and so did Sohee's too.

 ''-I mean as partners, of course!'' he corrected himself and chuckled.

''Sohee, may I borrow Daehyun a little bit?'' 

I stared at the person standing before me in disgust.

''How many times do I have to tell you I'm sorry?'' My father looked at me with stern eyes.

 ''Say it as much as you want,'' I glared at him. ''I won't ever forgive you'' I spat.

 ''Daehyunnie-''

 ''don't call me that'' I interrupted my father sending him death glares.

''Listen to me, we can live a happy life together Daehyunni- Daehyun. We can be happy together.'' He smiled at me.

Sure my dad looked absolutely innocent, but what he did to my mom is unforgiveable. As much as I wanted to believe his innocent look, I couldn't.

Even if he said he was sorry a million times, I wouldn't care. He killed my mom.. He's not human.. He's  freaking monster. I felt a tear trickle down my cheeks, and looked up at the monster talking to me.

I didn't hear anything of what he said, but still I looked at him in disgust.

''I hate you'' Another tear trickled down my cold cheek.

 ''Don't you ever show your face to me again'' I stood up from the chair, and walked to the room Sohee was in.

 I closed the door behind me, and smiled painfully at Sohee. I walked towards her , while she was staring out of the window.

She hadn't noticed me coming in. I approached her slowly, and gave her a back hug. She jumped a little.

 ''D-Daehyun.. Wh-at a-are you doing?'' I hugged her tighter, and closed my eyes, resting my chin on her shoulder.

''Sohee.... can you do me a favor?'' I whispered in her ear. She nodded carefully.

 ''Please.. Never leave me.'' She stopped breathing for a moment, and her heart rate fastened.

 ''Sohee...? Can we.. Just stay like this for a while?'' I smiled painfully again, and rested my chin on her shoulder.

 ''I need you by my side..'' I whispered so low that she couldn't hear me.

 


How did you like the chapter? ~ Oh and thank you for staying with me for so long~

I think i'm going to end this fic, soon.. But don't worry! i'll be starting a new fanfic, right after this one :D!!

Dont hestitate to leave a comment or subscribe!